Mass Effect 2 still outshines Andromeda by a long shot, even in graphics and animation

>Mass Effect 2 still outshines Andromeda by a long shot, even in graphics and animation

Oh, Andromeda. What went so horifically wrong?

>Mass Effect 2 still outshines Andromeda by a long shot
And water is wet sperglord OP

leftists

Bioware animations have always been shit. They just reached a hitherto unknown level of shit in ME:A.

>Mass Effect 2
why pick the worst part of the triology?

This.

>Better story, plot and characters than ME3
>Better combat and gameplay than ME1
>"Worst part of the trilogy"

Wew lad

>Better combat and gameplay than ME1

That development of the game went to the people who developed ME3's multiplayer, while Bioware's A-team is working on Anthem

Not just leftists, leftist interns who thought they could be hot shit moreso than the pros.

I am playing Andromeda right now and I can confidently say that it's worse in every possible way to ME2 and even ME3.

>idiots still believe ME1 doesn't have the worst combat or the series

This is fact. Combat in ME1 is shit.

it's actually great and somewhat unique. unlike it's cawadoody-ified sequels.

it gave the scifi setting some extra spice that's only present in ME1

its more gears of war then call of duty

All of Biowares rpg games look like shit
It's impossible to make a custom Shepard more handsome or gorgeous than the default models.
The animation is janky and I think Fallout 3 characters had less stiff facial expressions

Bad management, untalented people, shooter engine for an RPG, ...

I prefer it, because it was more about skills/abilities and less about being a typical TPS. Not that I don't understand why people would like ME2's or 3's combat better.

>plays a clunky gameplay system with barely functional controls, bland environments and encounters and has the fucking Mako.
>"I-it's Unique!"
Streamlining isn't always bad, especially when the first game was bloated as fuck with needless fluff.

the Mako is fucking pure game kino.

go take your ADD medication and unlock 50 more lootboxes in the latest cod retard

I lieke d throwing grenaids with select button

Also, rate my Shep. (Pic in OP)

The Mako is literally pointless.

It'd be different if there was more to discover than just copy pasted empty plains and structures, but there isn't. It's just padding. Scanning planets is superior because the material you gather can potentially affect the outcome of the suicide mission. That and it gave you an excuse to read the planet bios.

You're also ignoring the fact that class balancing is better in 2. In ME1, every class that isn't Adept is really underpowered. In 2, pretty much every class is viable.

Don't bother the tyke, he was 11 when ME1 came out and the 360 was his first console. Of course he was impressed by environments so repetitive that only No Man's Sky could match.

Andromeda has the best combat in the series by a large margin. if they would have scrapped the single player and just made it ME3's Multiplayer but as an entire game unto itself it would have been a massive success.

Bioware has always been shit. KotOR isn't that good.

>hurrr i hate exploring planets because i need epic lootbox skins bro xD gamerfuel

they could have easily expanded on the mako to make it more interesting for the sequel. they could have put in wicked awesome nuclear bomb killstreaks for you retards to drool over.

Bioware's most vocal fans are secondaries that indulge in fanwork on tumblr. They just don't realize that those aren't the people buying their games.

>Andromeda has the best combat
its mediocre and that all it has

>Scanning planets is superior because the material you gather can potentially affect the outcome of the suicide mission.
Okay I'm with you that ME2>ME1 and that planet scanning is technically better than Mako by a VERY slim margin, but you can at least admit it was still shit. The only reason it's not as bad as driving around empty environments is because it wastes less time. Ideally the planets would be interesting to explore, but they aren't, so we're just left with garbage.

why cant the left meme?

>Watch video about Mass Effect.
>People go apeshit about how hard the MAKO was to use.
>Never had a problem with it.
Guess I'm retarded.

>Andromeda has the best combat
What about the cover system and the retarded AI?

The Mako is only difficult to use if you expect it to handle like a heavier vehicle and always try to drive around at full speed.

It wasn't hard to use, it was fucking boring because the planets sucked. What stupid video were you watching?

So wrong

Way to miss my point.

Also, ME was never like CoD at any point.

>A team working on a Destiny Clone

Bioware is doomed isn't it?

wrong, especially on insanity
>multiple pointless fucking dump stats instead of just combining hero/spectre/morality into one since everyone pumps that first anyway
>enemies spam immunity/health regen/shield regen to stall the shit out of combat
>little to no threat with game breaking defensive powers unless 1 shot rocket drones or sniper double taps
>Four (4) guns in the entire game, compare colors like a fucking 5 year old until you see green since the only three variables that change are rate of fire, accuracy, and damage
>by mid game you've sold enough vendor trash to get SPECTRE weaponry
>just CC everything easily since you don't have to remove shields/armor

ME3 combined the best of both worlds which is why the multiplayer mode was so solid, but ME2 > ME1 gameplay off the fact that there are more than 4 guns, more enemy variety, and motherfucking sentinel+vanguard being fun as shit. Also Sup Forums needs to stop pretending the mako missions were anything other than ass, the only good one is Luna and it still is basically just strafing missile turrets because it takes 8 years for the shields to regen.

the only one missing points here is you

ME2 onwards was cawadoody "lol bro reload your epic assault rifle and headshot them for cool points xDD" retardation

>recently did a playthrough of Mass Effect 2, keeping everyone alive except Jacob

All according to keikaku

Except it plays nothing like CoD. You actually need to use buffs and debuffs in order to not make enemies damage sponges. It's not a deep system, but it's just involving enough to not be mind-numbing.

>except Jacob
yeah fuck that guy

who was he again?

>All according to keikaku¨
that remindes me i have to watch naruto all the way through

Do it with Miranda

>he prefers literally mind-numbing and exploitable damage debuff systems to kino exploration Mako sections

we're done here

90% of videogame devs are leftists.

>planets sucked
>not getting imersed in the universe and enjoy the silent tranquility of your journey

you have to pretend to be a leftist and get on board with their increasingly demented ideologies or you get the Amy Hennig treatment

I'm certain that more than 50% of gamedev employees voted for Trump

>It's just padding.
It's your way to get around during main missions and to reach possible sidequests. Of course you could do those things via cutscene, but then you'd have the same problem as with ME2 that there's no additional gameplay element to break up to monotonous shooting.
>Scanning planets is superior because the material you gather can potentially affect the outcome of the suicide mission.
You only need 3 upgrades to get the best ending and the ressources for those upgrades can be found during missions.
>That and it gave you an excuse to read the planet bios.
What about the collection assignments in ME1? You could find those collectibles by scanning planets as well.
>In ME1, every class that isn't Adept is really underpowered. In 2, pretty much every class is viable.
Adepts and especially soldiers (don't forget Immunity) were overpowered. That doesn't mean however that the other classes weren't viable. The ME series was never known for their difficulty.

Is this how people justify terrain that seems randomly generated with the same four bunkers over and over? Is this what it's like in NMS threads?

At least Andromeda played like a legit sequel to Mass Effect 1.

What? How?

unlike in nms the quest you do on those planets do have a payoff and are picked up again in later games.

>faggots will literally defend holding mouse 1 for 40 seconds to kill a literal braindead AI damage sponge while occasionally pressing 1 to use Marskman or Overkill
>better combat is now a bad thing if it means i get to let the memes control my mind a bit longer

Who the fuck cares? The quests themselves are still shit to do.

>there are "people" on this board that defend the plaent scanning of ME2
nu-Sup Forums pls go

>I'm certain that more than 50% of gamedev employees voted for Trump
Cool source.

I honestly cannot tell which game you are talking about, it could describe all of them especially ME1.

you must not have friends in gamedev

Wait, which ME title are you describing here?

So no source. And you know all gamedevs.

for me it's
>MAKO exploring is back
>the combat, abilities, weapons and character progression are much more deeper than ME2-3
ME2-3 seem shallow now

>calls it shit
>defending it

That's because you're a shitposter who doesn't play video games and runs on nostalgia.

if you cant get comfy while driving around on distant planets while enjoying the pure atmosphere of those segments you are fucking retarded to pick up Mass Effect in the first place and you are responsible EA turned the series into a generic dudebro shooter resulting in the mess that was ME3.
please consider suicide.

yes

back to neogaf now little leftnigger

Are you describing ME1 fans now? What are you even trying to say?

Aww, redditor need a safe space.

Go away Sean.

are you hella hyped for the new wolfenstein comrade?

Ahah, he's triggered.

Why does no one mention the Mako is in Andromeda and that it was actually pretty good in that one?

>he

you are the "other" here, neonigger. you always will be.

we can smell you from a mile off.

the original trilogy never had ground breaking gfx they did have good use of lightning and neon, then you get to 3 and its very obvious they cut around of corners.

500 yards with a handgun? That's 5 football field, no?
I don't think even a standard rifle has that kind of range. Can someone get /k/ to confirm

I like Mass Effect

>Needs a safe space
>Calls other people gaf
No, I would say you need to back to lddit. You are not equipped with the capacity to deal with different posts.

bash the fash

WHY IS THERE NO GOOD STAR TREK GAMES

>Tfw I recently tried replaying ME1 and found the whole game horrible and clunky and poorly made and shitty and then went straight back to ME2 and ME3 and had far more fun

Please don't call me a pleb or a newfag or something I've played much older games recently including PS1 and PS2 games and even older Bioware games like Jade Empire that was far more enjoyable to play.

>Twitter screenshots
>Doesn't finish sentences with a .
>No proper grammar

>loses election
>fired by shareblue
>shills on Sup Forums for free out of spite

kek

>Implying I'm American
Good one. Also no one is shilling but you, I simply pointed out your wrongness.

People got older and the skill pool/demographics changed. Which is weird cause I thought younger programmers were supposed to be the hot shit in that trade verses old people who have been programming for decades.

>im not mad bro x)

Ok, I can get that.

Because the Nomad can't climb a slight slope without switching into six-wheel drive, does almost no damage, even if you ram an enemy with full speed and can barely drive past an enemy camp without being destroyed.

>x)
We don't use smiles here, reddit.

>remember the excitement when ME first released
>wondering how the series will improve, what will happen with the frightening, 'unable-to-comprehend' reapers
>terminator baby boss
>lots of retarded shit
>color coded ending that goes to screen saying BUY DLC
>actually give my copy of 3 away for free after beating it

I never expected Andromeda to be good. At the end of the trilogy all I was playing for was to see old characters and bro it up with Garrus and Wrex.

Actual gaffer here. We are here to stay.

shows how much you know pedogaf

based pedophile

>even in graphics and animation

You must have your nostalgia goggles on pretty tight and haven't played it lately. ME2 looked like shit even when it came out. Andromeda certainly isn't up to snuff with its contemporaries but you're greatly exaggerating how bad it looks. It looks lightyears better than ME2. And yes, I'm aware that mods can make ME2 look amazing. ME2 has been out a long time, so that comparison really isn't fair.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons worth shitting all over Andromeda for. You don't need to make shit up.

>remember the excitement before ME first released
>the sheer disappointment when I played it

ME2 is much so more polished in the graphics, artstyle and animation department that it's easier and more enjoyable to look at than MEA

>Sup Forums calling Neofags pedos

Well if that isn't the biggest pot calling the kettle a nigger I've ever seen.

>Oh, Andromeda. What went so horifically wrong?
Different team

those pedofaggots that pop up from time to time here aren't engaged in a left wing conspiracy to destroy video games however

ME:A improved from its patches, but it was fucking awful when it came out. Normally I use this webm of Peebee's sexscene for shitposting, but in this case it's the perfect example to showcase how bad the game looked in its launch state.

There there froggy you play your game and dont listen to the meanies

andromeda has big levels unlike the other 3 games

Mass Effect has nudity now?

>A-team

lmao, this has not existed for like 7+ years user