This is a thread where the video game "vampire the masquerade: bloodlines" is discussed...

This is a thread where the video game "vampire the masquerade: bloodlines" is discussed, some of the plot can be discussed bu is "mainly" about the video game, therefore in topic to the board Sup Forums- Video games (and video game "culture"). Since it doesn't have any quality that makes it a "general" is perfectly inside the laws.
Hop in.

Give me a quick rundown on Caine since the last thread was deleted

>Killed his brother Abel
>Turned into a Vampire by God
>Can't stop, won't stop
>is absurdly powerful

The last thread didn't belong here. These threads are walking the line.

Anyway. The Brujah clan bonus is lame since due to the way the game is built, ONLY gangrel can really work as an Unarmed Build. Brujah bonus only helps for a few minutes of the game before you switch to a superior melee build.
This bugs me.

Thank you based OP, whoever made the last thread with Caine was retarded, the mods are permissive enough with us as it is

Just like Tremere don't have a real bonus other than "you get fucking Thaumaturgy", the real bonus for Brujah is that you get Celerity.

VTM threads are against the rules?

>ONLY gangrel can really work as an Unarmed Build.
You can turn any class into unarmed build. Fuck, I turned a Gangrel into a ranged build and still had an easy time. The game is super flexible.

I almost never frenzy, even with low humanity brujah

The only reason why would you ever pick brujah is for roleplaying, i think they have some presence dialogue, so i think it was think as a mix between toreador and grangel.

something that bugged me about this game is that caine gave less than a shit about your adventure. he talks to you toward the end of the game but doesn't really help you. i guess being that old and powerful he wouldn't care about a peon like your character.

also, everyone is shitting their pants about the impending apocalypse and ancient vampires returning but caine is roaming the earth and nothing special is happening.

does this grind anyone else's gears?

TL:DR of him, he is invincible, but apathetic about everything and thus never involves himself in anything of consequence except in the end of the world book (where he's annoyed for having to be involved in something)

His only weakness is apologizing about abel, he will never ever do this because he is the most arrogant man who ever lived, admitting he did a bad thing is beyond him after all this time.

VTMB are allowed
VTM aren't

The VtM games are based on a tabletop game. This ain't /tg/.

Also, the version of Caine posted was from the tabletop game and it's not immediately recognizable as a vidya

This plus the bit of plot armor
>Cannot be killed, any attempt to kill Caine will be repaid 7x fold by God
>God REALLY wants that apology for killing Abel

Let's impose some bloodlines discussion
What's your favourite discipline that isn't celerity?

He is one the first human, he suffer from severe autism.

best girl

Try unarmed tremere

Sure you can but you're running against the wind and swimming upstream since the game doesn't have any unarmed weapons outside of being a gangrel or frenzying.
I mean, Brujah can sort of do it with Potence and Celerity makes anything work, but you're still better off just using a real melee weapon if you do that. Fists do low damage and it is Bashing, the worst damage type.

>deletting that thread
What?

thanks for your reply

BUTT user IS HERE with his collection of BUTTS

Truly the Sans of vampires.

Between dominate (ventrue) and dementation, i like when you can use your powers in dialogues, pnp protean is fun too bad it sucks in game.

Presence dialogue is mod added, although I think it's a good addition. Brujah and Ventrue only get 1 dot dialogues like how Tremere get 1 dot Dominate dialogues; Toreader get full access.
Brujah are pretty fun for Melee Weapons runs. With Celerity and Potence they can slice and dice better than anyone else.

I've only done one playthrough but I really liked Thaumaturgy.

What's all this about Gehenna happening just a short time after the events of the game?

Caine wants to apologize but he wants God to apologize to him first.

If you use the Plus Patch (worth a shot if you've already beaten the game) it adds dialogue options for Presence too, which is nice.

Both Gehenna and the game take place in 2004. The fall of the Anarch Free State happens just before Gehenna.

honestly it's out of character for him to even bother driving you around, caine does not make friends with vampires, or anybody really, he doesn't care anymore, he just wanders the earth, he got burned on the idea of having kids or friends in the past, so he handed out vampiric curses out of spite and left forever.

In the gehenna book he is upset to be forced out of millenia of obscurity and solitude.

When I called him the most arrogant man ever earlier I wasn't kidding,

oh and if he ever does actually manage to die, all vampires are fucked, like, everyone's lifespan is measured in minutes unless they succeed a stamina roll at difficulty 20 minus generation, and even then only if they're under about 50 years old

Considering it's a d10 system you probably don't want to be under 10th gen when that happens.

IMO, bloodlines occurs in its own canon, so P&P stuff doesnt apply

Gehenna starts one week after the events in game.

Probably Protean. I enjoy a good RIP N TEAR with increasing intensity. Turning into a bat monster is fun too. Shame it's arguably worse than protean 4.
Well of course it isn't going to compare to the diversity of pnp protean.

Obfuscate for ridiculous stealth combat

>Vampire: The Masquerade
Is this BEN DROWNED lore?

These threads always have their own lore like this. It is never stated to be a week before Gehenna. It's a short time before Gehenna but never exactly stated. The PnP never acknowledged the game until V20 and exact dates are never given beyond the presumption each book talks about the year in which it was published.

in bloodlines? hmm.. auspex is fun for seeing people through walls though it tends to break some encounters (hard to be spooked at the hotel when I can literally see the spooky ghost spawning in and despawning around corners)