Getting ready to play this for the first time on PS1, never got to own it for SNES when I was younger...

Getting ready to play this for the first time on PS1, never got to own it for SNES when I was younger. Anything to look out for? Also I remember seeing something about a retranslation, should I go that route instead? Willing to emulate it if the original translation was shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aanqnyJy-JU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Chrono Trigger was and still is shit.

Don't do that, yah dingus.

The PS1 version has absurd and intrusive load times. Either emulate it for the SNES or the DS. The DS content isn't all great, but the new translation is a vast improvement.

PS1 has a 5 second load everytime you go to the party screen. It's pretty horrible.

Hey user I was in the same position as you even made a thread just like this one. I decided to just play the snes version. The DS has an extra boss and some AMVs. I didn't care about the extra boss and I am watching the AMVs on youtube when I read the points at the game in which they occur.

The original translation is fine to me, I never experienced the new one but so far I'm enjoying the game with the original and like all the characters.

Can't decide if Lucca or Ayla is the best girl or not.

Emulate the SNES version, you'll thank us later.

Personally, I'd suggest the original Snes version. The DS version added a new translation that felt a little more bland compared to the original, and it added a bunch of stuff which was at odds with the original game's design. All in all, nothing of value was added.

The PS1 version added some nice cutscenes, but you can easily look those up.

contrarian alert

OP, like the others said you will want to play the SNES or DS version instead. The DS version is, IMO, the definitive version but the SNES version will work if you don't have DS/3DS hardware.

This, don't bother with the PS1 version. Remember to use snes9x or bsnes if you want to play the SNES version. DS version also has a gallery mode that lets you listen to music and check the endings once you unlock them. My advice would be to emulate the original and replay the DS version a year later so you can appreciate the new translation and do the new content if you feel like it.

Crono dies.
Everyone is related to each other.
"But the future refused to change"
Dinosaurs did nothing wrong

Play snes and look up when the ams occur in game and watch them at youtube at those points. This is the definitive way to play the game.

>Chrono Trigger was and still is the shit.
I fixed that typo you made, user.

Alright, going for the snes version then will get it on 3ds at a later date. Thanks boys.

Have fun user.

The 3DS version fucking BUTCHERS the music, which is 90% of the reason to play CT.

Jesus fuck just play it on the SNES for the first time - 3DS after.

Yeah, as soon as I wrap up Suikoden II I will be playing it on SNES. Desu 60% of the reason I want to play it is the fantastic soundtrack.

MY NAME IS GATO, I HAVE METAL JOINTS.

youtube.com/watch?v=aanqnyJy-JU

Marle is the right choice

Music is literally the #1 primary reason why CT is so classic. And Earthbound

Godspeed user.

Suikoden 2 is radically better than the first btw.

>The 3DS version fucking BUTCHERS the music
Sounds fine with headphones, or desktop speakers if you're emulating it.

Yeah, I'm about 11 hours into it and love it so far. I heard III and IV weren't as good though. Debating if I should play them or not.

wow fag

(you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you) (you)

She has a five head. Any girl that doesn't have bangs is trash.

>Lucca
>Ayla
>Better
When you're right, you're right.

The soundchip is the problem.

Not saying it's bad, but it's OBJECTIVELY inferior.

1, 2 and 5 are what I recommend.

2 is the best, but you have to play 1 to appreciate it.

I loaded my save file from 1 onto this save, luckily a buddy of mine has a mint copy of 2 so I'm playing it off my original ps1. I did plan on V too and playing CT inbetween. Have some time off work that needed to be spent so catching up on the older backlog.

DS version is the superior version

>PSX version

Don't fucking do that. Play the SNES or DS version.