Is there anyway to remove the kiddy 9999 option and enemy free option from the pause screen on the remastered Final...

Is there anyway to remove the kiddy 9999 option and enemy free option from the pause screen on the remastered Final Fantasy IX version for FFIX?

I will pause the game to go to pee or get something to eat and setting my controller down turns on some of these dopey options.

What happened to the days where you needed a gameshark to cheat, not just setting your controller down to get a sammich?

What

just leave the controller at a flat surface

or dont pause it with the "option" button, use the regular menu

wtf user are you stupid

Play a version of the game that doesn't cater to the pathetic casual. Or... ignore the menu

Just play the steam version maan

>not buying the original CD's on PSX

It's remastered. That;s why it's attractive.

Already beat the original, bought it for the improved graphics for another experience 14 years from when I first played it. The game would be flawless, with the better loading times and graphics, if it weren't for the easily available cheats.

They took what would have been a Mona Lisa on wide scren and took a gigantic crap all over it, just for the kiddies.

The remaster has worse graphics though

Literally play the ps disc on anything that supports 1080p. This new release isn't really a remaster. They don't even have the high res backgrounds anywhere

How? That wouldn't even be true if you were playing on a rent-a-center 12 inch screen with the old timey red-white-yellow hookups.

Even on 1080 it doesn't look the same, you're either blind or insane.

Don't argue with nostalgia faggots user. They will never change.

Jeez, is the FF9 port bad too?

What the fuck is wrong with Square and their PC ports of FF7 and beyond?

FF7 and FF8 pc ports are wonky as fuck and I want to tell anybody who is playing them for the first time to go play them on Playstation, that it's so much better.

FF10 remaster is fucking stupid, the game looks worse and the new soundtrack is retarded. Play it on a damn Playstation 2, it's better.

Can't speak for FF12 or FF13 ports or the upcoming FF15 port.

tl;dr: Play Final Fantasy on their original consoles.

Reminder that Remastered FFX ruined Tidus for newcomers forever. Take all your remastered shite and stick it up your bum

I played the game for the first time in the winter of 2017, on a 42 inch LCD TV on a PS2 console shut the fuck up

That honestly sounds like a worse experience. My PS1 and PS2 games look like shit on my hd tv.

They look better than any modern PS3 or Xbox 360 game I think
The colours are better and brighter

> being a contrarian deluded faggot

Isn't FF IX the worst of the final fantasies?

it's not that it'd be "bad" per se,
it just has casual as fuck cheats available behind a button press. For one of those "never ever remastered!" titles, they did a-OK job bringing the initially PS1 exclusive game to modern platforms.

You must be out of your mind if you truly think that. FF games do look good but 9 not even 10 is better than ps3 JRPGs unless you only count CH shit.

No. Where the fuck did you get THAT idea??
IX is literally the pinnacle of the whole series!

What did it do to Tidus compared to the original FFX?

Is this the port where they made a few characters hi-res and left everything else as it was making them stand out?

Literally emulate it. Or maybe you're just trying to justify your purchase of a game that was "remastered"

Yes

This guy didn't get that news though

It's true everyone will agree they suck the main characters look good and that's it
They have no art style I mean, pretty much every game made after 2006 has shitty graphics