LISA: The Painful

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on LISA: The Painful?

Personally, I think it's one of the most underrated games ever. The aesthetic, story, music, and gameplay just tie in perfectly to create a godtier experience that makes you feel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LhQSyNpgPbc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I agree it's good, but underrated? Certainly not around here.

It pissed me off because it's yet another indie game trying to be funny and edgy while using a jrpg kid's game as a vehicle. I was hoping that it would get better during the first hour that I played it, but it never did.

I have never seen another thread about LISA. Am I just blind?

such a fucking amazing game
i went in a little too blind and didnt know Pain Mode overrides the Joyful and Joyless endings and had a difficult time
still an awesome game though
fucking god tier OST

Brad reminded me of my dad, so I cried like a bitch at the end. My dad is literally a broken martial artist with a drug addiction.

It had lots of threads until the dev snapped after the election and then it stopped being Sup Forumscore.

A decently fun game with an interesting story that's depressing and creepy as shit. Also my personal favourite OST in a game ever. Great game all around, deserves all the praise it gets.

Great game.
Shame the creator went nuts.

Gotcha. Yeah, the ending and shit is what got me too. My dad had passed away about two years before I found out about LISA and it fucked me because of it.

I've never even played more than ten minutes of Mother 2, but LISA just clicks with me.

One of the best of the decade. One if my personal favorites.

really good game

>when you take the record in that dark cave and the mutant is there when you leave the room

>bozo the clown or whatever was scariest part of game for me, also the praying to fast food bit was hilarious

>story was excellent. combat was actually good. loved using the booze guys spit alcohol attack then using fireball

>sequel was okay, music was best part

>I rook forward to next game

I hope that one dude is still working on The Pointless. That first chapter was really good.

Dev didn't snap because of election, he snapped because of his dad's death. They just happened to be in the same timeframe

>plays game one hour
>thinks he can form a valid opinion

>tfw the first time you go into the village Brad lived in

>The first hour
Nigga, that's like.. one area after reaching the first crossroads. That said, if you didn't like anything up to that point, you probably would only get partial enjoyment out of the rest of it.

A really great and well-written game filled with dark comedy and tragedy and one of the most unique soundtracks I've ever heard. And I mean that in a good way.

A shame the developer is now a white guilt ridden crybaby because Trump won the election.

>Went crazy after the elections

No, went crazy after the death of his dad Brad Jorgensen. Some really depressing shit after he basically says that Brad in LISA is based on his own dad.

A complete Mother ripoff (graphics, battle system). Tries nothing original. The parts of Mother it ripped off are actually quite poor and the worst parts of Mother.

Tries to cover it up with a 2deep4u plot that boils down to virgin rage

>Tries to cover up the 2deep4u plot that boils down to virgin rage

Come on user you can do better than this.

the entire plot revolves around a bunch of men sacrificing themselves for the last piece of pussy. its not an original story, nothing about the game is original. the gameplay and graphics are awful, which makes sense since they are 100% Mother clones.

Tell me one game that is original

Guess you didn't bother playing it for longer than an hour I presume or bother reading any of the contextual clues the game gives ya, guess that's what happens when you can't get into a game 5 minutes after pressing "Play"

Joyful was fucking trash compared to it.

I know, I swear if we get yet another post apocalyptic game this year about how all girls have disappeared, I'm gonna shit

Lisa copied its artstyle 1:1 with mother
Lisa copied its gameplay 1:1 with mother

It's plot (one girl left in the apocalypse) isn't original, either. It's not an original game, and given the insanity of its creator its no wonder he was so obsessed with mediocre Mother.

This is a bait of exceptional quality.
If you had played it, you'd know half the damn people aren't even aware/care that there's a woman. They're just living their lives.

You feeling alright, there bud?

I agree. Painful was the better game since Joyful was too short to really dig into.

Can you answer a question?

you still have yet to give an example of the plot being done before

the main plot and characters revolve around one remaining woman in a post apocalyptic setting. this isnt an original concept and has been done to death in films such as Z for Zachariah, or with variations such as The Last of Us (one immune girl remaining).

its graphics and gameplay also are 100% copied from Mother, and those are the awful aspects of Mother.

I'm convinced the only people who like this game are weak numales who cry at their desks, such as this user () or the creator of the game himself.

>392832495

Z for Zachariah
The Last of Us
The Last Woman on Earth
The Last Girl (novel)

The protagonist is a kung fu master in any of these?

The Handmaid's Tale is another great example

Dystopian future with females becoming a valuable commodity is one of the most common post apocalyptic tropes.

>Main plot and characters revolve around getting one last remaining woman
Wrong, it's about Brad and him personal bloody and violent quest to redeem himself in his own eyes. Buddy was his comparison to failing to save his sister Lisa.
>I'ts graphics and gameplay are copied from Mother
I dont' think you understand what "copied" means. It took inspiration.
>I'm convinced the only people who like this game are numales who cry at their desks
You know there are people who write off this game as being too harsh to play due to the contextual themes of the story?

>this concept has been done to death!
>i-in these 3 obscure pieces of media
There's plenty of reasons to dislike LISA but these are just stupid.

Is it weird that I'm starting to like the Pointless more than I like the painful? I don't know why but I've never had a game speak more to me as much as the pointless did.
I really want to learn how the infinity franchise started, coolest faction overall.

I dont remember any handmaids in lisa tho

This is either really low quality bait or one of the dumbest motherfucks ever to post on Sup Forums. Its gameplay is almost nothing like Mother (and no, not just because of the combo system you fucking dolt), nor are the graphics.

Why did you abandon him Sup Forums?

I didn't abandon him in any of my playthroughs. Not even once just to see what would happen.

>I dont' think you understand what "copied" means. It took inspiration.

It's battle system and artystyle are near identical to Mother and bring nothing new to the table. It is not an original game.

i though i could save him instead of paying and they fucking killed him

the graphics are nearly identical to mother, including the exact same font and text boxes.

>Trading a mans life for some beef jerky and dirty magazines

Not exactly, LISA doesn't have rolling health bars or rhythm combo attacks.
It's more of a traditional RPG like dragon quest

Yes, it also looks exactly like Dragon Quest, SMT, Wizardry, and any other JRPG with first person battles. It does bring a few of its own things to the table (TP system, so many fucking buffs and debuffs) but its gameplay isn't just the battle system. It's also in exploration, platforming, and rationing items more than any of the aforementioned games. But again, you're a dumbshit trying to prove a point, so go ahead and plug your ears and say you can't hear me.

finally an excuse to post my lisa images.

I myself like the fangames a lot too. Pointless is the best but I have a soft spot for The Hopeful.

Tell me in which mother game you input letters to make a more powerful move

my fucking niggas. Of the apparently 12 fan games that LISA has this is the only one I think holds any merit. I'm invested as fuck in the story so far and it does a really good job of giving just enough information to make you ponder. I check all of the devs social outlets occasionally and he hasn't posted anything in months, so as far as I know this is dead in the water, though. difficulty is a pain in the ass and I always hate it when games want you to be strict with items because I feel like I'm going to corner myself but at least the dev is up front about it I'm starving for more regardless.

LISA does have the exact same battle presentation (no background, just abstract colors), the same exact artstyle, and basically the same combat as Earthbound.

hey man the road to hell was paved with good intentions
i thought i could fight the fuckers that kidnapped him and we could walk away with our lives and dirty mags
boy was i wrong

Same

>Yes, it also looks exactly like Dragon Quest, SMT, Wizardry, and any other JRPG with first person battles.

Those games have actual backgrounds. LISA does not have backgrounds, just abstract colors, because it is a direct unoriginal Mother copy.

If you cannot see that this game ripped many of its aspects from Mother, you are dishonest.

LISA and Undertale arent original, but they attract the same fanbase. Thankfully there aren't many of these people on Sup Forums and it's more of a tumblr / reddit thing. Most of the people defending LISA itt have reddit accounts and browse reddit. This will make them angry because it is accurate.

Buddy is a cunt. Lisa was a psycho. Brad was too pure for this world.

user the entire point of LISA is that everyone did something wrong with good intentions. you know, almost like real life.

>Brad was too pure for this world
I felt like Brad did have legitiment problems, my biggest one is abandoning Rusty.

>no background, just abstract colors
It's the background of the area you were in when you activated the fight.

You dandy FUCK

>Everyone did something wrong
Very incorrect. He did absolutely nothing wrong. He was too good for that world.

He was naive. That was his wrongdoing

>dragon quest has backgrounds
HMMMMMMMMMMM

I enjoyed it. It's one of the few (only?) games that addresses how the cycle of child abuse hurts people for generations. The way addiction, and the path that takes you there, is nice. Normally when an addict dies it's a tragedy but it could potentially be better for the family members they hold hostage, an addict turning into a joy mutant that can continue hurting people is such a fucking nightmare.

Kind of a shame actually playing the game isn't that great but the setting and themes engaged me enough to play it twice.

NOTHING WRONG. Such a perfect family that never was.

You never see that discussed much here. I thought it was pretty interesting how the entire world got fucked as a result of a dad abusing his children.

Do these games go on sale often? What's the cheapest price they usually go for?

Welp, I just finished pointless.
Now I just feel kind of empty.

I understand this reference

>sacrificing humanity's future so he can protect a girl he doesn't even know
>pure

pick one

Buddy basically destroyed Olathe. He should have stopped her, but he was too soft. He even helps her with some of her murders.

Alright Sup Forums, let's see 'em

Here's a little tease.

Fuck yeah

Thread theme youtube.com/watch?v=LhQSyNpgPbc

I played it longer than an hour, hence "but it never did". I specified one hour because that's the point when my expectations had been ruined.

Man, that's a great track.

You beat Pain Mode without Joy? Stubborn bastard.

He wanted to fuck muh dotter.

Hopeful seems like a more accurate depiction of what regular people would end up going through in this setting.
>you will never face the post-apocalyptic world with your bros without ever making much of a difference on anything
Why even bother?