Who was in the wrong here?

play the way you want, who the fuck cares

I do both but Kyoko is best girl so I agree with her.

Always grind to the max also do they share that futon?

If the boss is too hard I lower the difficulty and if the boss is too easy I raise the difficulty

I do both for different games. It generally depends on how satisfying they are to break with specific builds.

If certain builds are super satisfying to achieve then I am more inclined to reach for them ahead of time.
Otherwise I am more than willing trying to win hard battles while severely under levelled.

I do both a ton so I am not even sure what I actually prefer.

Yes. Kyoko is staying the night though. Yui lives by herself.

Kyoko def in the right
Grinding is mad boring
I know u stole this from reddit

Tomato girl is right. Grinding is for faggots, True man go to the fight with the level they're at. Also, finishing a rpg with any level beyond 65 is for autistic weak fucks.

Amazing, tight, and full of tension fights > Hours beating generic enemies just to have a boring boss fight.

But what if the boss does some bullshit and you lose meaning you have to restart from last save point

>True man go to the fight with the level they're at.
but she's a girl

they fug

>Yui
>girl

Pick one

What game are they even playing

>always grind to the max

Why do you kill all the fun and challenge in the boss fight? Don't matter how long the fight will take at lower levels, it will still be way more than the time wasted in boring grind.

The over-leveling girl is correct. Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Then it's a shit game with poor balancing that's not worth playing

>grinding before a certain point literally makes the boss impossible to beat.

I learn how to avoid the bullshit, with itens, anti-spells, learning the boss parameters, or using tactics. That's the fun on going without grind, you must think to win, unlike when you're too powerful, and only press 'confirm' until it dies.

Yui has the second biggest oppai.

I fucking despise grinding, main reason I don't play many RPGs, so I guess blondie.

Who's gay for whom? I remember President is gay for Tomato but between Tomato and Yui I have no idea who's the gay.

Anyway if I have to choose, fucking Tomato in front of President is patrician.

It is a game, not real life. If you die, do it again in a smarter way. Over-grinding doesn't only casualize the game, it kills all the joy in the victory.

>Esuna start
>LITERALLY nonstop screaming until you get Ice2
>the busted rival fights
>better hope Valsu's not THE ONE otherwise you literally have to start the game over lmao

>Year of our lord 2017
>Grinding in video games
>Intentionally making the game a boring time and breaking the games balance and difficulty curve
Grinding is only for after you're absolutely sure you can't beat the boss as you are. Fight enemies you see going from point a to point b, take quests, NEVER grind unless absolutely fucking necessary to move on.

>the virgin grinder, the chad challenge

Just gotta go with the developers intent.
Some JRPGs are designed with grinding in mind, some have the difficulty meticulously folded over a thousand times by the best play testers in the world so that a player, by simply following the story, will be met with the perfect difficulty the whole way through.

Tomato is a slut and gay for no one, Yui and Ayano are gay for Tomato, Mirakurun is gay for Yui, Gray haired with glasses is gay for Ayano, while her twin sister is gay for her.

Akarin is the only straight girl in the series.

Depends. Does the moron also avoid enemies on the way to the boss so that she's way under the normal level? That's the correct way to play.

They are a married couple

Not vidya

>President is gay for Tomato
Vice president

>I don't train before a battle because I want the snot kicked out of me
Not taking time to prepare for a battle isn't impressive. It's impatience. If you're used to games handing you a victory when you're ill-prepared, you need to stop playing on easy mode.

I would pay a subscription to buy the keys to get the chance at giving me an extremely rare skip bosses button.

Yuruyuri 4 never

>not saving before a boss fight
it's like you love to get mad

Bitchin

The JRPG players

Grinding games are shit

What's this entire game a case of "Poorly translated and altered release"?
If I recall correctly...
-All foes deal more damage while you have overall less HP regardless of who you start off as and use, leading to first battle game overs and forcing you to carefully grind up at the VERY START to even be able to ATTEMPT to leave the starting town.
-The game will have the people you didn't pick randomly end up as Rivals and you'll have to fight them at different points, with the readjustment changes from before, one of these fights is outright unwinnable as they will deal more damage then possible HP and resistance can muster.
-On that note, the math of magic attacks is broken, as there's no way to resist damage from such without bolstering HP. I don't think this was an issue in the JP version.

Like 7th Saga was legit fucking broken. Beyond the Beyond was also pretty fucking bad too.

Overgrinding you say...

I wish Yui was my gf

The truly "unwinnable" rival fight is against Valsu, in either the throne OR just as a later rival fight for one fucking reason
see, there's this spell
it's a healing spell, you see - the thing is, it recovers ALL HP OH YEAH AND MP TOO HAHAHA
Valsu can and will cast it so often it is basically 100% impossible within the mechanics of the game itself to beat him. And since they scale with YOUR level, he only gets his old cleric dick harder and harder as you get stronger.
early game difficulty is ESPECIALLY bad as Esuna, who has no self-heal until later, is made of paper, and fighting the bounty hunter boss in the cave becomes a total crapshoot because he hits so fucking hard Esuna's liable to just die in 2-3 hits unless you grind for laughable stat ups

Beyond the Beyond was fucking HORRIBLE.
>slide puzzle
>I think I'll reset this! Time to walk out and in
>if you leave the slide puzzle screen you're thrown into an unwinnable battle and GAME OVER with no hint this will happen
>SAMSON IS CURSED!!
>Holy Fire's SFX
nO

Is this game good? I bought it, played for a few minutes, tought the characters were generic as fuck and got a feel the history would be generic and uninteresting, and gave up. Did I miss something?

>Oh hey, i get new attacks and options as I level up, and it's really easy to level up too! I should do this for a while
>Boss fight
>Moral goes from pure blue to pure red in a single turn, all squad wiped out by a single attack, no options to revive.
Holy shit that game was an experience I don't know I could ever muster again. it also sucks how a lot of the not humans don't become valid options till near the end of the game, and regardless on how LITTLE leveling you do before netting them, they are always underpowered towards everyone else you have by then, and given this games hatred of grinding...you have no real option to make them useful.

I generally like to do things at the 'recommended' level, but sometimes just relaxing and grinding for half an hour or so is satisfying in it's own right since you get to see your work pay off by trivializing the game for however long it takes for the leveling curve to catch back up to you.

Iron Will II

>grind to max level
>fight end game optional boss
>drops millions of EXP

>SAMSON IS CURSED
I'M SO FUCKING GLAD SOMEONE ELSE KNOWS OF THIS PAIN
But yeah, naa, fuck that church sliding puzzle event, fuck that fucking tree with almost no save points, fuck how one of the events can break leading towards a situation where you can no longer advance the game. Yet somehow they made Golden Sun that people look back in fondness and all I can view it as "The Beyond the Beyond that was slightly more tolerable"

>Kyoko is best girl
That's a very odd way of spelling Hanako

Yui and Ayano are best girls, fact

what are some games where i can grind forever and then finally oneshot the boss?

the lesbian

Which one

tfw you get so good at Todds fallout 3 shitfest that you beat the game at level 6 and go through vault 87 with the sniper you got in the secret rock and plowed through

32 times I beat that fucking game

deja vu...just saw this on the front page of reddit

the answer is neither

Nice to know, I suggest you stay there next time to avoid seeing this kind of trite repost

That's a real special game. I liked it when I started, then I hated it for being so complicated and cryptic and then after getting a hang of the game I started loving it. Didn't do that one superboss quest in time though, so I missed out on the post-game shit.
Recommended to have the wiki open at all times while playing.

Go back please

I'm a grinder.

Go project your hetfag delusions on some other show

The only solution is to power level to the max and beat all enemies in less than 4 hits.

FFXII secret boss would like a word with you

>secret boss
> finishing a rpg

both of them. for playing video games when they should have been playing with each other

>does some bullshit
It cuz you bad if the boss did some "bullshit"

>rpg player vs cuhrazy fag/tryhard

I like that your post can be interpreted either way.

Yui had the right idea, she just took it a little to far. Grinding to be 10 or 20 levels higher than the boss takes wayyy too long. I'd settle with being a level or two above and thus can beat him but it's not a total cake walk.

Kyouko is a madwoman and wrong in many ways. Mainly, being under-levelled and taking on a boss can net you a victory, but in my experience it usually comes at the expense of party members. The problem you run into there is that you might scrape by, but only the conscious party members get experience, so you end up not sharing the experience from the fight efficiently.

Does Ayano play videogames?

This reminds me of the story of that autistic kid who took his bulbasaur to lvl 100 before going for the first gym.

yui is your typical Sup Forums autist who always reads the wiki three times before playing the game

kyoko would just charge at the boss at first sight

Both of them. Levels hardly matter in 90% of JRPGs. Equipment is almost always MUCH more important and makes the bulk of your party's strength.

Kyoko once again is in the right.

Do or do not there is no try.

Bullshit. It would take months. No one is that autistic.

blondie gets the cookie

akari for going to crazy girls house when she could have stayed home and slept all day

If you have trouble beating the boss, you'll probably have an even shittier time beating the next. Might as well grind it up.

grinding is for the weak minded

it doesnt matter anyway since before long the difference in exp between the characters will be so low that it doesnt even make one level of a difference any more. its not like you lose any exp either. if you actually managed to have a mandatory party member lag behind so hard he becomes useless (this never happened in my entire life) you could just make him your item bitch anyway and carry him through with your much stronger members.
long story short, equally distributing exp like that is for autists, kyouko is best girl

what game?

>not 100% completion
get this casual out of here

but then she would be near her equally crazy sister

Both for playing rpgs where grinding causes this problem in the first place.
That's retarded design and not all that fun at all.

>AmusingAromaticKid.webm
what did he mean by this

Tales of Vesperia. And before somebody asks, the reason she's doing 1 damaga is because she has skill equipped which minimizes your damage. So that you can practice combos.

Play Persona on the hardest difficulty in new game. it requires both and grinding is fucking difficult with no easy free way to recover yourself.

But she wouldn't have been raped by her own sister. Now Akari is used goods, a slut, a whore. No man will ever want her. If her sister finds out she's been used like an onahole even she won't be able to enjoy Akari anymore. Chinatsu made Akari worthless for a short moment of selfish pleasure. No one will ever marry used goods Akari now.

Ah, is this the famous Japanese wit? Sublime... Magnificent...