Splatoon 2

What went wrong?

Is the messaging system still completely unmoderated and a battleground of tumblr vs Sup Forums?

Furries
Twitter instead of miiverse
too much grinding

>Tickrate is worse than the first
>Lore takes a backseat in Sunken Scrolls
>Minor input lag

Everything.

game is made for children

No, now it's some "DUDE SAID X" thing.

Nothing. I really like the new mechanics that weapons like dualies and umbrellas bring. Salmon run is also a blast

Nothing

Nothing. It's selling more than the first, and faster than the first.

Splatoon has become one of the mascots of Nintendo now.

The furry shit and the worse tickrate seriously hampered my enjoyment of this game. I loved the first Splatoon but I just haven't been able to really get into this one.

>I let drawings of animal people run my experience in a game about animal people

Pants-on-head retarded balancing and matchmaking systems.

Garbage voice chat.

Fags and furries running rampant.

Still pretty gud though.

two map rotation

salmon run rotation

ranked mode rotation

I have seen only 1 furry drawing after hours and hours of playing
it wasn´t even semi furry

It's not animal-people
It's furries
Bugs bunny is very different than the obviously sexualized shit furries post, ESPECIALLY during the ketchup vs mayo splatfest

Balancing team is incompetent
>aerospray rare but not completely absent from high-level play, pretty balanced
>splattershot everywhere, obviously top-tier
>baller and splashdown overbuffed
>baller aerospray everywhere
>splashdown splattershot much more everywhere
>second kits tank in popularity
>other weapons with baller and splashdown rise in popularity
>"Hey, Dynamo and the wacky trio aren't trash anymore! We need a new butt monkey!"
>"How about Aerospray, it's overpowered now"
>"Great idea!"
>Aerospray fucking murdered
>baller nerfed too, for good measure
>meanwhile Splattershot completely untouched
>not even special cost

>Game is about marine invertabrates that look like people

>"HURR MY SPARKLEDOG OC TOTALLY BELONGS HERE"

Fuck off.

Who cares though? Do you stop at every drawing just to get mad? Stop getting mad at kid drawings in a kid game

It's not Splatoon without a Aerospray nerf

I remember during the Mayo v Ket splat that some furries were seriously saying "but kids won't know it's jizz, they'll think it's mayo so it's okay!!"
Fucking degenerates

>tfw Sup Forums ruined this game

>Japanese devs don't pander to social justice warri-

It hasn't EVER recidved a single nerf before. Besides maybe that one time when they reduced the jump spread angle so it didn't shit out a million krakens per match in splat1, which is arguably a nerf-buff.

It was definitely more nerf than buff because the Aerospray users dropped off hard afterwards

How is creating a super hot waifu pandering to SJWs? Just because she's black? That's not how that works.

If a dog shits on the sidewalk and you see it a few hours later, you'd be understandably annoyed.

It wasn't the dog's intent, but you still had to look at shit. Now imagine all of the other dogs in the neighborhood joined in.

Congratulations, you're ankle deep in shit.

that's a shitty analogy

>food analogy

her design is decent thought

Fuck off. She's the only decent character design in the series.

Why the fuck would they nerf the Aerospray of all guns? It's great at covering turf, but that's literally all it can do; every weapon outranges it and has better damage.

It's one of the fastest point earners making it the fastest special generator. They nerfed the special spam

>twitter instead of mii verse
could you explain did they actually have direct twitter itegration or something?

>no afro
>visible cleavage and vagina bones
>sassy bitch
>SJW pandering

how is an afro sjw pandering?

I had fun with it, but I haven't touched it in months.
Hell, I haven't played my switch in months.

the input lag, tickrate made the game worse
all the new maps kind of blend together and hamper the competitive gameplay that was present in the first games maps, the returning maps are some of the worst they could have chosen
the story was a let down, didn't build on the universe at all (marina's presence is never explained)

I'm 90% sure you need Twitter to post your pictures

At least, I remember that being the point where I went "well fuck THAT" after making my shitty art

they nerfed everything fun when they got rid of all the bullshit and only restored some of their mistakes with the most recent patch. They also nerfed Run Speed hard which makes everything feel really fucking sluggish no matter what you do except for a couple of weapons.

>marina's presence is never explained
Why does it need to be explained? The scrolls explained how she got into music. There are already multiracial bands in the game, so there doesn't need to be an explaination.

>map rotation still locked at 2 every few hours
>online salmon run is locked to specific timeslots
>even thought you need to hog a phone for party and voice chat the sound quality is complete garbo
>every map just feels the same besides maybe the boat and the towers

>The scrolls explained how she got into music
how you mean the one scroll that showed her watching the final boss of the 1st game? I mean shes the only "good" octoling, they didn't really explain why, or why she's so accepted by the inklings

Does the Tri-Slosher still deal full damage even if a tiny drop of it hits you?

That scroll showed that the majority of Octolings don't harbor ill feelings towards squids. There are many good ones, we just don't see them. Just like we don't see prawns, urchins, etc.

And made the weapon 500% unusable, killing one of few good inkers in the game. Couldn't they just give RG something like 300 points to special?

How bad is the current Aerospray?

Also, bloody hell, is the approach to balance 'people are using this, better make it worse'?

That nerf was at the same time PG was released, they pre-emptively predicted it'd be used for spam and instead made it just a tiny bit better in combat (in addition to giving it a burst bomb) to encourage people to not use it like that.

This is a Japanese game, blacks don't belong in Japan

It now paints like Tentatek. And doesn't kill like Tentatek. And the blobs are too small to swim in comfortably. It's a mess.

Specials are no where as cool as the first's. The music sucks. Maps are a bit too small compared and less memorable than the first's. No proper ending for story.

Literal trash. Don't even waste your time with it.

Updates way slower than the first game. Could hardly put the first game down because there were new maps/weapons every week it seemed. Splatoon 2 meanwhile gets like a map a month, it's ridiculous.

Worse tickrate. I swear half of my kills are trades.

Lore is boring now. In the first game it was exciting, in the second game they literally just redid the first game's plot except made all the Sunken Scrolls boring as hell. They also completely ruined any tension between Octolings/Inklings by just throwing Marina out there and saying no one cared.

The maps are way less imaginative. I swear they rushed the game out and just copied the "Map with an elevated exterior that descends as it goes towards the middle with a raised platform at the very center" formula five times before calling it a day. It's a disaster when Moray Towers and fucking Port Mackerel (PORT MACKEREL. The most boring map in the fucking series) are more imaginative then all five of the new maps.

It's not as horrible as I'm making it out to be and Salmon Run is damn good (was what kept me playing for the majority of my 60 hours) but outside of SR it's nothing but a sidestep for the series instead of the step forward it needed.

I'm hoping they released Splatoon 2 early for Switch so they can take several years making Splatoon 3 into something big for Switch 2. I don't think they can get away with another barebones launch like that.

I swear that they saw how Blizzard balances their games, figures that they must be doing it right because everyone loves Blizzard, so now they're following their model of overbuff and overnerf.

>It's a disaster when Moray Towers and fucking Port Mackerel are more imaginative then all five of the new maps
And what's funny is, they were better in 1 too. The Splat Zones in 1 were so much more interesting. I also suspect that a big reason Dynamo got destroyed is because then Moray Zones would be just two teams of them repeatedly taking swings into the pit on Moray.

Isn't the whole war thing an "undercover" thing? I assume most of your every day Inkling don't even know they're supposed to hate Octos or something, they don't really care. Same for friendly Octos such as Marina.

What's a king to a god?

I haven't been around for a while
Is there a roller that rolls over squids or they al bounce off and lose speed?

Thanks to this patch, I am hitting over 2000 with the brella while aerosprays who don't read patch notes are sitting on the bottom

The only one that bounces is the Carbon Roller.

yes you need to create a twitter account and post the images there from the game. Even then the post doesn't necessarily appear in game I think...

what is the point of this webm

tickrate is shit
matchmaking is shit
the music needs more than just fucking wet floor of all things.

Rip Entry is pretty good
Undertow not as much

That's nice and all but
>25 tps
You're just spamming sprinklers and rain. May as well use Carbon and spam even more damn rain.

God, the matchmaking is so bad.

>Your teammates all have Aerosprays
>Enemy team has Splattershots, a Charger, and a Brella

gloried balanced patch with a few DLC content

everything

got banned for 2 weeks because my name was 'fuckoff'
2 FUCKING WEEKS!!!!
UNDERAGED SHIT AUTISTs CANT STAND TO GET SPLATED
DONT PLAY THEN FAGGOT RETARDS
also a big shout out to the son of a biatch nintendo employee who banned me just because of 'fuckoff'

retard

fuckoff retard

suc my dick shitheads

>your whole team has Chargers while the other team consist in assholes with splattershots

The matchmaking is pure trash

>"THEY DON'T LET YOU SWITCH LOADOUTS BECAUSE IT AFFECTS MATCHMAKING SO YOU DON'T GET MESSED UP TEAMS"
>That kind of shit happens

Yeah no Nintendo are just ass-backwards as always.

spot the underaged

>Didn't get rid of the fucking awful rng grindfest that is gear abilities
>Gear allowed into competitive mode
>Salmon Run, the best new addition, has fuck all maps
>Marina and Pearl aren't nearly as likeable as Marie and Callie plus the random sassy black woman lines the racists at Treehouse gave to Marina seem wildly out of place with her body language and regular lines
>Literally everyone uses am external programme to trace art, there's virtually none that looks both good AND hand drawn
>Reused the final bossfight from Splatoon 1 and it was still pretty mediocre
>Online system is a bad fucking joke if you want to play with friends or use voice chat

That said I've got 50 hours in it and really enjoy the game overall. Just wish these problems didn't keep it a 7/10 instead of the 8.5/10 it could be.

Actually I forgot, these giys are right too
Locked loadouts fucking suck since the MM doesn't seem to care about them at all.

I'm pretty sure that's disappointment, not retard

Ok so Vamps or Furries?

>And what's funny is, they were better in 1 too.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Those maps were garbage in 1. Especially Port.

Treehouse's lines for Marina just make her out to be a bitch. Maybe they've toned it down, but I remember it being that Pearl couldn't say ANYTHING without Marina having some bitchy comment.

>playing as inklingsissy
absolutely gay

im lv 50 and still cant aim with low sens and motion and joy cons
is pro con a upgrate and will I be able to play like a pro with it?
serious question

>You're just spamming sprinklers and rain
>implying
If you aren't getting at least 8 splats a game, you aren't playing brella correctly

squids

Holy fuck this. Treehouse royally fucked up with Marina, and this is coming from someone who firmly believes that Treehouse made Marie and Callie objectively better/more lovable characters in Splatoon 1, so I'm not just some weeb faggot.

Marina is explicitly designed and animated to be the 'new girl on the block' and a bit shy. She goes second in Japan to actually FOLLOW Pearl because Pearl is supposed to be the veteran and helping Marina learn the ropes. It's a cute and unique relationship much different from Marie/Callie who were two vets bouncing off each other.

Instead Treehouse got fucking lazy and said "Well Marie dished out mad bantz and everyone loves Marie so let's just make Marina Marie 2.0". The problem is that it Marina has none of Marie's deadpan writing or looks, so she comes off as some bitch trying desperately to 'fry' Pearl and coming off as annoying.

It's disappointing because Pearl is actually fine in English and has her own punk character. Marina is just some asshole.

I want my Carbon Roller with Burst Bomb back

Turf War becoming Shit War. I've never seen so many bad players in one mode. Like, the first one was balance in player strength, but this one is like you're on the bad team or good team. Also the maps are shit. Four out of eight are good, without the fucking free dlc it be two out of six.

Furries, SJWs signaling, and little kids that suck at the game being put on your team. Then you have those level 50 s+ rank players...

I always brace for a loss when I get level 1s and 2s on my team, especially if they're using a real name like Kevin or Sally.

>that guy who doesn't even get 500p in TW

Isin't that picture the very definition of "RIGHT" though?

>be level 35
>still get matched up with people who aren't even level 10

Is that the matchmaking that fucking bad?

Literally the opposite. The arrow is pointing to the left.

>implying levels matter at all.
I'm level 12 and I consistently top charts while fucking level 50s are barely pulling in 300 points

>mfw I just play TW because I don't really have enough time to practice and get skill enough to get into competitive

Atleast I get 800+ and 4+ kills

If you see sexualization everywhere it's your problem. But by all means stay away from the game, the fewer retards in the community the better.

>be level 20
>matched up with 40-50

15.0 Weapon NEVER EVER!

Fuck the Splattershot. I'd love to ask the devs why they think it's perfectly fine.

i bought my game in japan so i dont have a furry problem. just a lot of loli footfag shit instead.

Game is pretty great. Don't have time to play it every day anymore but once I got to S and got some maxed gear i basically only played when updates came out.

Don't blame the matchmaking for your losses

Which weapon?