Claims Dota is dead

>claims Dota is dead
>doesn't offer a replacement
Uh no sweetie, that's not how the market works

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zRkao-gyZC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>I love you

Good luck getting a replacememt mom when she's declared dead lmao.

Again

>Dota
>Dead

>Growing eSports viewers and prizepool

Nah, Dota is not dead, it just commited to the mistake of focusing on the established hardcore users and forgetting new players.

who is this harlot?

Dota is not dead, but even if it was it is retarded to proclaim that it needs to be replaced by another MOBA. Plenty of genres have risen and fallen in popularity over the years, the replacement on the market can be anything.

>focusing on the established hardcore users and forgetting new players.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA YEAH RIGHT

It's not a mistake when the developers are fucking incompetent. If Valve tried to bring in new players, they would fail and just ruin the game because they can't into game design to save their lives.

Dota has been replaced by League of Legends long ago friend

>Todd Howard is a successful video game creator and owner of video game publisher and developer Bethesda Softworks, but lately he's been worried about the state of the industry and how risky it is to make high profile games
"To make a game takes a lot of time, money, effort, and talent only for people to play it for a month and then forget about it because they have experienced everything there is to see in the game. And then to keep the sales up, we gotta do promotions, discounts, game of the year editions, or release DLC which can take several months to a year to make. It just isn't feasible to make a game with unlimited high quality content."
>But what if it was? PC games for years have been sustained with a steady flow of free additional content packs known as mods made by passionate fans of the games; however, the more ambitious and higher quality mods can take years to complete because for copyright reasons the creators can only work for free in their spare time.
>But if Bethesda could make a deal with these mod makers to allow them to sell the mods if they agree to split the profits, then Bethesda could have an easy, consistent stream of revenue for years to come. And save costs by laying off several full time employees
>The plan? Turn these free mods into paid content by contracting their creators.

I wonder what their reason is for having next to no marketing presence.

>The computer game market is a booming industry, and one of the most popular genres is the first person shooter.
>CEO Randy Pitchford of Gearbox Software, has shown his mastery in the genre through titles like Borderlands and Brothers in Arms.
>But with the PC being an open platform unlike consoles, it means that it is far easier for people to utilize shady means to play a game without paying.
>Having been one of the few who enjoyed Battleborn, I paid Randy a visit with an idea to help him mitigate an ever present problem in the PC gaming market.
>"So how do you prevent people from resorting to piracy instead of paying?"
"It's hard, you know, we can only do so much to make a great game that's worth the price, you know, and we often rely on online multiplayer titles to force people to authenticate, but that can only work with a select few types of games. So if we want to make a single player title, we often have to rely on some form of DRM to prevent piracy, and it is costly and often our playerbase doesn't like it when we do that."
>"Well what if you released a game without DRM, and instead convinced your playerbase to get people not to pirate it."
"I don't see how that could work, but if you have an idea its worth a shot."
Achievements are one of the most coveted aspects of modern gaming, a list of goals associated with a point value that allows a player to show off their gaming skill to the world in hopes of getting fame, respect, and potential mates.
>If Gearbox releases a highly sought after game without any intrusive DRM, but includes an achievement with a ridiculously high value then gamers would go out of their way to do what was necessary.
>So if Gearbox made an achievement that required players to report where the game was being illegally hosted on the internet, then Gearbox could make it difficult enough that these would be pirates would instead become paying customers.
>The plan? Have your paying customers prevent piracy by making it an achievement.

Give one proper explanation for that then?

That's my take. Everyone gives their own reasons for the declining userbase, and I'm willing to accept most of them are actually right because they align similarly. But I want to also look at the bigger picture, which is the, somehow, growing pro scene.

And I think the Compendium spam and lack of periodic events for non-compendium stuff weighs down on the game by driving people away besides the most core users, they even made silt-breaker, the "single event for these-6-months, enjoy" pay2play.

Until I see a better explanation, it is definitely a business strategy related choice of development.

I don't even doubt that either, but not for every feature.

I think that, for example, all the people crying for the return of guilds are just kidding themselves. Valve introduced Guilds the first time due popular request, but they didn't actually GET what people wanted guilds for. Thus, what we got was a barebones inferior version of a steam community group. They later added guild lobbies, but spamming a password on global chats would achieve that effect and better.

And I think that if Valve made more "community" features right now, they'd fail just as miserably now as they did back then.

Because it is impossible for a new player to learn how to play dota 2. Marketing would be pointless.

literally every other moba

you dumb or what

>let shitskin subhumans onto US servers because they fucking hate playing with eachother
>all the white people quit
>shitskin subhumans realize they're playing mostly with eachother and not white people
>they quit

ayyy lmao

i'm glad aus server is kind of immune to this, other than the occasional SEA swamp dweller. last few months it's gotten easier to find 6k avg games too, feels good.

>offers free game
>still won't accept friend request

youtube.com/watch?v=zRkao-gyZC0

But literally any retard knows how to play FPS. YET, CSGO also gets no marketing.

Valve quitting E3 showings was when they doomed their lasting image in the video game industry. People may have thought that those kinds of shows was going to not be important, but it came back stronger.

Look at Overwatch. They revealed with no gameplay and a bunch of ripped off designs. And people went apeshit making fanart of it. Later, Blizzard accounts with early access to Overwatch sold for $500.

Meanwhile valve refuses to announce CSGO in the mainstream, and for their card game, they make a teaser of a render of 4 floating rocks that an amateur could make with one week of training.

The only thing they've marketed in half a decade was their steam controller.

>Growing eSports viewers
Wrong
>Prizepool
Literally shifting the payment of players to the third worlders dumb enough to play the game as Valve has no faith in it.

NA and EU West were always the smallest regions. White people are just too casual for games like dota.

LoL. haha checkmate faggit

Tell us more about how spics, chinks and russians are the epitome of skill in video games yet even the US was able to win The International.

Pro Tip: Its because DotA requires zero skill.

*BURRRRRRRRRP*

I PUT MYSELF INTO A DEAD GAME FOR ACTUAL AUTISTS MORTY!

IM DOTA2 ANNOUNCER RICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's because of Gabe Newell's dumbass 'no deadlines' shit.

That's why they don't go to E3 or anything anymore because if you don't raise peoples expectations they can't be disappointed too bad that doesn't work when the game you made to break a SIX year lull in releases is a fucking card game of an already existing game.

Underrated post

when you see a girl with that hair, that's a big red flag. Being white is the top of the iceberg

That's clearly a big pink flag.

Link to video please, thanks.

>Literally shifting the payment of players to the third worlders dumb enough to play the game as Valve has no faith in it.

this. It's laughable to me that people point to the money that players make from TI and think that makes esports anywhere close to the same level as something like american football. DOTA prizes are inflated as fuck and not because the scene deserves it. It's inflated because Pedro and Juan want new hats for Pudge. They don't even watch the matches.

>even the US was able to win
NA dota isn't white

>DotA requires zero skill
Embarrassing.

>What is Evasion
Tell me more about how RNG is a skill ;^)

yeah

just look at all those relevant south american dota 2 teams

I don't even need to post the brainlet wojak picture. You already know you deserve it.

Please tell us how enlightened and intelligent you are for playing DotA2, i bet the moment the Rick And Morty announcer got released you traded in all your good boy points for it.

>NA dota isn't white

There's no relevant south american anything in video games. Unless we're talking about a valid market for PS2 games.

Dawngate was stuffed to the brim with cases of Me Too! They changed things around compared to other games, but the changes themselves were barely good.

Like, the spell book. Is it new? Is it different? Sure. But it's still too similar to summoner spells, what does it accomplish in making you not just feel like you're playing a League derivative?

It deserved to die, just like all WoW clones did.

lol mobababbs

>Leave MOBA garbage to us

Fortress Assault Games were a mistake. Every single hour I spent playing them, aside from the nights getting shitfaced playing with friends, was abjectly wasted.

t. played AoS, DotA since Reign of Chaos and all the other War3 FAGs, and LoL and HotS since their respective betas

>Mobas are garbage
>Fighting games somehow aren't
Do you happen to be black or a furry?

>fighting games
good one user

enjoy your mobile game disguised as a competitive experience

Riot knew this, this is why they went and killed a Fightan Studio.

>Muh League Fightan

Never happening. Fag.

Dota 2 was replaced by league even before its existence

>replacement must also be a MOBA
oh, sweetie...

Enjoy your dead genre

Name a better online game

How is this an argument? I really have just no idea how to even respond to this. In what way are mobas comparable to mobile games?

unironically

>Never happening, Fag.
Its still happening, they're way beyond where they were with Rising Thunder at the moment but Riot is just deciding when to launch it as they dont want it to compete with League.

>our game didn't suck, it was the players' fault!
>then talk about the exact DRM model steam has been using for fucking years like it's some sort of recent breakthrough they just thought up
no wonder why gearbox is eating shit

MOBAs are just Clash of Clans shit with more multitask autism for the adhd kiddies

*smirks*

I love you?

>established hardcore users and forgetting new players.

>he really believes this

>When you are so desperate to insult someone you start grasping at straws
Enjoy your notification, friend.

Mobas were dead on arrival sonce theyre shit games for people who have shit taste sweetie

So where is that super active arena shooter at?

why are mobas considered bad?

>SFV

You are just getting desperate now

Dota could very easily be replaced if someone with the right resources stepped up and did it. I don't mean with any other moba either, I mean specifically a Dota-style moba that doesn't have kusoge-tier balance and doesn't pander to instalock snowball carry players Peruvians more and more with every patch.

This literally happened only because Pyrion Flax is a huge Rick and Morty fan. He actually sat down with Justin Roiland and helped him make it. Ironically Pyrion barely plays Dota anymore, like any other long-time player who tried 7.00.

Quake Champions

HOTS, nigga

Game was still trash for autists before 7.00, still is after.

>>>Growing eSports viewers and prizepool
If this is what people value in a game now then I don't think I should be playing video games anymore.

Well of course. Sadly when you get addicted to Dota it takes monumentally shitty patch after monumentally shitty patch to make your dumb ass realize how shit was in the first place.

what do you guys play now? I'm honestly craving dota again

>>Growing eSports viewers and prizepool*
* actually a small portion of the obscene amounts of gambling money Valve earns

Awesomenauts and HotS are great void-fillers. They're a lot more fun than Dota in my opinion. Good way to wean off of a moba addiction is to play one that's actually kind of fun, then bump into the same problem they all have where every match is teammate Russian roulette. Awesomenauts is pretty 1v5-able (3v3 game) though, it's a lot closer to a side scrolling shooter than a standard moba, so individual skill pays off hard. HotS not so much outside of quick match, but it's got some really unique and fun character ideas. Alarak is my personal favorite, fucking awesome bait-heavy hero.

Hero's of the storm

People still give a shit about mobas?

Almost forgot, don't fall into the Battlerite trap. It's fun at first until you realize the metagame is a giant game of chicken where nobody can ever blow cooldowns without dying instantly, then throw a healer/sustain circlejerk on top. Then it becomes even more aggravating than Dota. Fuck Battlerite.

This, thought it died when shootan' mobas were released.

Who is this pink-haired qt