How good was was the other two Operation Rainfall games? Do they compare to Xenoblade at all?

How good was was the other two Operation Rainfall games? Do they compare to Xenoblade at all?

TLS was cool but short

PT was over long but with a GOAT waifu

I have all three games sealed but never got around to playing them. Should I even bother?

I never got The Last Story, and got close to the end of Pandora's Tower, but dropped it. I enjoyed what I played of it. Been itching for a JRPG so I might go back to it.

Pandora doesn't play anywhere close to xenoblade, but its really, really good.
Its very linear but very good.
i highly suggest to try it.

Last story's alright but it's ugly as sin and the combat's hard to get used to and can be really annoying (that fight with the shadowy demon can suck my dick). Overall can't compare to Xenoblade

They were all great and different. The Last Story is too easy but it's crafted with love and it's just enjoyable to follow the world and characters. Pandora's Tower is what 3D Castlevania should've always been and has amazing art and musical direction and atmosphere.

I was also helped by being European and not having to deal with NoA's shitshow so I could experience all three games earlier and more easily.

When it comes down to Nintendo games Im so glad Im european.
NoA is a train filled with shit with no brakes.

Pandora's tower is great, lost story is trash besides the thick bong accent that everyone has.

I even got the set of coins you could win by registering all three games on Club Nintendo, good stuff and good times.

weren't as good as XC but still not bad games

Xenoblade is an amazing game

I'm guessing you're a jRPG fan if you have those 3, xenoblade is a must play

xenoblade is an amazing jrp where you'll sink at least a hundred hours.
Last story is good and filled with love but flawed.
Pandora tower is what 3d castlevania should have been.

no just keep them sealed and resell that shit when the price go up again

Xenoblade was the weakest one IMO. Outside of the impressive scale of the environments I found it pretty boring and I hated the characters. TLS is okay with a decent cast and story but the combat is too simple. Pandora's Tower is pretty great but has a save-ruining bug at the end.

Both were enjoyable.
Pandora's Tower is heavily underrated.

Play all of them

>save-ruining bug at the end
Never got to the end because of this

what was the bug?

Something something in the Dawn and Dusk towers that required you to enter and move about them in a very specific way to avoid triggering it. It was only in the US version, meaning it got accidentally added by XSEED.

Xenoblade is amazing
Pandoras Tower is criminally underated
The Last Story is garbage.

I couldn't finish Xenoblade cuz I gave my hacked Wii full of games (from Wii to SNES) to my brother, I only reach the part where they got out of the cave, someday i will

PT > LS > XB

And it was never fixed. Like that other user I could never finish the game. Got to the very final towers (which had to be completed simultaneously) and could progress.

The last story was very enjoyable but very short, I didn't finish Pandora's Tower but I had fun with it, too.

>got out of the cave
So, like the second area of the game?
You didn't lose much bruh, just emulate it, that was only like 5 hours in anyway.

Painfully short ; like 30hrs.

Also the real 'FFXIII'

I own all three physical copies. Started with Xenoblade and loved the fuck out of it. Couldn't get into X without me wanting to replay the original.

Then moved on to TLS. Short and sweet. It has its flaws but it's charming in that sense. Like an old PS1 game.

Still need to play Pandora's Tower. I'm glad I heard about this game ruining save bug so I know what to avoid.

I feel The Last Story was the right lenght for its set-up and gameplay. It would've at least needed to be set on more than one island and given you the chance to control the other characters at will to support a longer duration than that. Not to mention you were always doing something new and exploring new places with zero filler, it was a clear design choice and I respect the game for it.

Upon trying to enter the final dungeon, the game would freeze and force the player to restart the console. Like the other guy said, it was a bug Xseed introduced that no one could figure out why it happened, leading to a myriad of proposed solutions that only worked for some and not others. Rather than try and solve the problem, Xseed chose to ignore it, so currently there's no way to reliably beat the NA version of the game.

Pandora’s Tower controls like absolute ass and anyone who defends it probably also defends shit games like Freedom Wars

Pandora's Tower sucks and I've never played The Last Story so I can't comment on it. Xenoblade Chronicles is by far the best of the Operation Rainfall games.

I agree completely

>Pandora's Tower sucks
>Pandora’s Tower controls like absolute ass
Terrible taste

Do you own all three or did you just emulate/pirate?

I never had trouble with it. Are you referring to stuff like weapon-swinging locking you into the direction you're facing until the animation ends? The enemies are designed around it, nothing in the game is more agile than you can be.

Reinfall is German for failure.

I own the limited edition of all three and the set of coins. To me, the Wii went out with a bang in its final year.

If the prices weren't outrageous I'd.

>A guy at flea market had TLS special edition at $25.
>No cash.

After knowing about the bug I think I'm downloading Pt.

The Last Story is one of the most thoroughly enjoyable games on the Wii. It might not be perfect but the gameplay is fun, the characters and setting are engaging and lovable, and I had a shit ton of fun just playing with armor dyes and fucking around in town. Would recommend without a doubt.

What's German for Reyn time?

Pandora is a masterpiece. The motion controls for the chain work really well. Sadly, it has some problems on HD TVs. Not an issue fi playing from a WiiU though. And for some reason the "feel" of the game reminds me a lot of Demon's Souls. This is the game that stands up to Xenoblade, even if it's an action game with some RPG elements.

Last Story is a special case. It's obviously hindered by the Wii capabilities and feels like a lot of wasted potential. I left it to my backlog at arround chapter 7, I think. If there is a game that needs (but not necesarily deserves) a remaster, this is the one.

>bumping your head against low-hanging signs
>leaving banana peels for NPCs to slip on
>see how the lives of NPCs progressed throughout the game through small dialogue
>slipping through the gap between buildings to get behind the inn and listen in to the other guys in the party taking a bath confirming that the shota has the biggest dick
Gotta love how Lazulis City was crafted.

I own PT and Last Story. Holding off on Xenoblade until I find a decent priced copy. Paid under 20 for the other two. I'll probably sell or trade TLS though, I wasn't a fan

That's a shame.

Unless a game is pure dogshit I don't think I could ever justify selling or trading a game.

The Last Story is the worst one.