You got the Master Sword, the greatest sword made by whatever species you are!

You got the Master Sword, the greatest sword made by whatever species you are!

--Despite this, somehow it can be improved!

Take it to a couple of dwarves and a magical opera singer to get the true strongest sword in the world, dumdum!

Unless I'm remembering wrong, the dwarfs just temper it, which seems reasonable.

I always assumed it was “The greatest sword” because of its magical properties and ability to defeat evil. And the improvement to it are just so it’s a better sword for normal sword usage against monsteds

yea take it to dwarves, then to a fat fairy

What is this happy horseshit then.

They billed it as the Sword of Evil's Bane, but the sword itself could be a lot better?

Who would squander the anti-evil properties on a slipshod piece of fucking garbage?

It's been stuck in a rock for who knows how long. Even if it's magical the metal would warp and weaken.

>garbage
well, it *is* twice as strong as any normal sword. But I guess a non-smithing deity just can't make that sharp a blade.

Besides, by the end of the game it becomes forged by the goddess, tempered by dwarves and transformed by a great fairy. Pretty sure Link to the Past and Link between Worlds are the only times the Master Sword can be upgraded like that instead of being restored to it's true power.

To be honest I also found it a bit weird that Link went around messing with the sword of legend. What if the dwarves fucked it up?

How could they fuck it up?

They're the local dwarves of your goofy bumfuck village.

Are you not convinced of their skill sir?

You can do it in reverse order and the fairy gives you the tempered sword instead

The master sword gets depowered sometimes because the games can take places thousands of years apart and they leave it outside in a rock for that entire period of time.

Did you even need the Master Sword in BotW?

Well the whole point is that Link relies on Courage more than Power.
Most of the time the most courageous guy in the room isn't the most powerful, until it matters the most.

no, it's just convenient and satisfying.

The sword is old.

They're fucking dwarves, smithing is kind of their thing.

i always thought this was great
just because it's a legendary evil smiting sword doesn't mean it's still razor sharp, especially after sitting in a pedestal for god knows how long
every good zelda game either lets you improve the master sword or gives you access to a more powerful weapon than the master sword

Just because it's the greatest sword, doesn't mean it can't be made even greater

Here's what I find really weird: yeah, you need the three pendants to get the sword. But it's not like getting the three pendants was OUTRAGEOUSLY difficult. Seems like any competent warrior would be able to get them. Link was just a kid, after all. The Master Sword seems very poorly guarded.

See "flute boy"

That's exactly what it means!

It's peerless, and no one could know how to improve it.

I know there was an NPC somewhere who says it's not as simple as getting the pendants, but being worthy of ownership as well.

And being Good Boy Link to start with, you've got that one innately.

But yeah, destiny stories annoy me that way.

I just don't understand how the dwarves KNEW they could temper it.

I will grant that a fairy queen can do that, but these are just old men. The master sword has been in that goddamn stone for far longer than they've been alive.

Because when AN ANCIENT EVIL returns, it's more EVIL than it was before, which means you need a better GOOD sword.

They're dwarves. Smithing is all they do.

That's like an elf not knowing how to suck cock

Hey.

They're Little Hylians, motherfucker.

More like 'Just the right height' Hylians.

Yes goy, improve the sword instead of improving yourself and using the sword as is. Dwarfs need money too you know

Maybe no one had a chance to study it. Then it necessarily also means no one knows how to improve it. Yet.

you didn't play the game