Well, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ijBAKIw4TA
youtube.com/watch?v=QxfKZZ4RNng
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gundams and mechs are the the same thing

/m/echa thread?

/m/echa thread.

Catapult is the best mech in Mechwarrior.

I've always felt that the point of mecha was that they're inherently not realistic. You're better off with tanks and shit for ground and helicopters or jets for air. A realistic mech isnt going to replace both roles.

Front Mission

Bipedal weapons are fucking stupid.

Put tracks on it and it can go anywhere with half the fuss.

I honestly cannot disagree. Though saying that mech could actually be build is wrong too considering nobody would design it like that.

Truth. Who needs these new bullshit designs.

Yes, you can see how that design would be buildable. But for combat effectiveness it is absolutely laughable. Mechwarrior style mechs are only viable because they are tethered to the fundaments of the earth by a complete lack of realistic physics

In reality they'd fall over and be extremely expensive decorations with explosives inside from that moment on

youtube.com/watch?v=_ijBAKIw4TA

youtube.com/watch?v=QxfKZZ4RNng

God tier intro

Oh yeah, well where are the animals with treads for locomotive limbs?
Check and mate, atheists.

Pretty much, I love my missleboat.

No, user. Not now.

I thought battletech mechs worked because they existed in lower gravity environments and the components to make them were in abundance. Also, a lot less people in space or something so a huge machine is more practical.

We could probably build a mech like that if we really wanted to, there's just no reason to.

nova or cauldrenborn or gtfo

>teleports behind you
>*slices you're mech in half with katana*
>psssh nothin personnel gaijin

post quadrupeds

In replaying 3 emna side on hardcore challenge.

Mech is destroyed I have to sell it. Pilot dies he cannot be reused.
Thinking about doing the sane with lost parts but until midgame you cant sustain parts easily (or till the first shop at least).

Now THAT is badass

>Nova
>Cauldron-Born

Anal ken doll extraction is rough work but someone has to do it

No. This motherfucker is so ugly, he's beautiful in his own kind of way. Not to mention that quad PPCs+targeting computer > everything and anything else in the setting.

>DURR MECHA MUST BE THE REALISM
Kiddo, come back when you learn to suspend your disbeleif to appreciate cool shit.

What are snakes

they're odd boys

There was this f2p pc mech game.. i think ot was based on the battlefield 2 engine..
Can anyone tell me the name?

Why don't you just put a skirt and striped panties on a mech? It's totally doable.

He's right. The Mechs from MechWarrior and shit are more realistic, they're essentially standing tanks. With modern technology advancing as it is, there's a chance we could actually produce them. The mechs in Gundam and Armored Core, while really fucking cool, are complete fantasy. The amount of Gs one of those mechs pulls during movement would turn the pilot inside out.

>build a mech around double heavy PPCs that are supposed to be the best inner sphere energy weapon to date
>they're just shitty versions of the clan ER PPCs that do the same damage, but weigh more and take up more space
LMAO, why are spheroid pigs so incompetent? A single Warhawk has 4 ERPPCs that make the Fafnir look like a joke.

Why the fuck would anyone ever build a bipedal tank? Mechs will never be real, both western and eastern, because they are impractical compared to tanks and aircrafts.

Times change for various needs. Computers used to be dumb machines attached to mainfraimes. Then the dumb machines became the brains. Now we are going back to dumb machines attached to terminals.

Don't mind me, just best mecha/walking coffin passing by.

>can navigate terrain normal tanks can't
>great in urban warfare
>more weapons than a tank
>can aim two heavy weapons in completely different directions
>can go full retard and attach chainsaws and flamethrowers to it like I always do in Titans of Steel: Warring Suns
>it's a giant bipedal tank and sick as fuck
>your mum gets wet over the thought of them and wishes she banged a walking tank rather than your dad and ending up with you

Is this a Mech?

It's a construct made of the living energy of the earth, so no not really.

YMIRTARDS DO NOT INTERACT

>Because it looks cool
That is my answer.

Mechs are poised to dominate the massive urban theatres of the future when capitalism inevitably collapses
They will actually be normal soldiers in super exoskeletons who the fuck am i kidding, why do you have to be such an autistic fucking sperg fuck off

>countries will never arrange international giant robot fights for the sake of getting the tech boost that war gives without being in war

The tech boost that war gives come from the necessity of war and the reworking of a countries entire economy into a total war situation.

So you do that but without killing anyone, breaking up the stagnation in the market forcibly and then introducing a whole lotta new tech that's publicly available would kickstart actual competition again.

How do you guys feel about Heavy Gear dying with Assault?