Stardew Valley

Should I get this on Switch or PC?

Switch for portability or PC for mods. Pick whichever is most important to you.

PC for mods.

Can't you play an actual good game like RF3 or 4 instead?

both, do it. do it now

>RF3
>good

I'll give you RF4, but RF2 was the pinnacle of the series

Pretty much whichever you want more. I heard the Switch version had some crashing problems and a bug where saves would erase, no idea if it was patched. It's a low demand indie game there is not much of a difference between the versions besides PC having mods.

The girls in this game look like normalfags.

PC

>Can grab it on sale
>Saving screens take maybe 3 seconds, instead of the Switch's 20-30 seconds
>Better controls through direct mouse selection of items and parts of the environment
>Mods, even basic stuff like knowing where villagers are on the map is fucking amazing
>When multiplayer eventually comes out, likely more people on PC

Switch is nice for portability, but otherwise it's objectively worse.

post lewd elves

QoL mods help the game A LOT, not to mention it's just filled with spritesheets easy to edit so there's probably a visual mod to change just about anything in the game, you can also get it for free on PC if you so desire.

Switch version can be played on the go, so if you have a regular commute or travel often it could be useful.

As someone who put 200 hours into 2, you are dead flat fucking wrong.
>that dub
>that long ass tutorial before you can actually play the game (basically kyle's turn as the protagonist)
I'll give you one thing, and that's best girl, aka Rosalind

either, whichever you like

>Saving screens take maybe 3 seconds, instead of the Switch's 20-30 seconds

nani
>press capture
>is already there

>Better controls through direct mouse selection of items and parts of the environment

the only time you need cursor is for the menu

Seen people playing the Switch versions. When you go to bed and the game automatically saves, it can take sometimes 20 seconds before you're put back into the game.

And you act like quick access to shit in the menu isn't a massive improvement. Having to move over every item to access something when you could just click and place seems like a pretty big deal. That and a mouse allows you to specifically select parts of the environment that you want to mine/hoe/axe. Not vital, but it is nice so that you don't have to line your character up perfectly. Also, you can wave your mouse over crops when harvesting to harvest multiple at once, to which controllers don't allow that as fast.

Oh my bad, you meant saving, I thought you meant screenshots

the saving is long, but it's only 10 seconds on my side

you can do that in the Switch too as well, you use the right stick to summon the cursor, and you can set in the settings to disable controller controls in the menu. Now the issue is obviously a mouse being more precise and better, but the feature in of itself is there.

I have both versions, the PC version is modded though furry mod, the Switch version is great for commutes, waiting stuff, multitasking games, and before Mario comes though.

Sure, like I said before, portability is absolutely a nice feature. But yeah, using a cursor through a controller sounds awkward as fuck. Everything is there, it's just a little less convenient because the game was clearly made with the PC in mind first and foremost.

To each their own I suppose. Depends on what you value.

I've been wanting to play Stardew Valley but I have this weird autism of not being able to play 2d games on the PC.

I might pick it up on switch, but I might not end up playing it anyway. If I don't have the drive to play it now why should I play it on my switch?

The Switch version is a little lackluster in that it has no unique perks like HD rumble, plus it was obviously rushed because FUCK that crackling glitch.

It'll really depend on how much you value the portability factor. Me, it's pretty damn nice to just plop on the bed, playing for hours with netflix on the background.

I've put about 60 hours into since the launch on the Switch and kind of regret not getting it on the PC instead. It has several bugs including that godawful sound bug and this seems like a game that would be better with a mouse for interfaces like Terraria.

Uh I think he meant saving the game, not screenshots.

Which he's right about. it's like saving a fucking PS1 game.

No reason to get it for anything other than PC.

It's $15 isn't it? Just get fucking both you poorfag.
If you really can't spend that much, wait for the steam sale.