>"wtf why wasn't there a sequel"
GEE I WONDER FUCKING WHY

Other urls found in this thread:

cdn.netzpolitik.org/wp-upload/2017/09/displacement_study.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the publisher would have found another excuse

>2017
>still believes that piracy affects sales
EU researchers has already disproved your bait. I will proceed to pirate 3 more games just to spite you.

>implying the tiny group of gamers who even know how to pirate will affect a company's future
Normies are the make-or-break in the industry these days, and they usually don't even know what pirating is
The only way for a niche game to succeed anymore is to meme enough retards into buying it on steam so they can play for ten minutes and move on to the next

you're either 12 or retarded if you actually believe it

t.fuckingretard

But piracy doesn't hurt sales*!

*as long as 99,9999% of the people buy the game

Didn't piracy helped the video games bussiness rather than affect it in a bad way? I'm sure there was a thread with a report about it with more than 500 replies here on Sup Forums.

>B-but i bought it 8 months later when it was $5 in a bundle

First few weeks are what matters the most. Gauges interest in the product, retention rates for people who purchased it, and decides if the series should go forward from there.

Ferri-chan is a cute! a cute!!

cdn.netzpolitik.org/wp-upload/2017/09/displacement_study.pdf

Here's an european study I'm checking out

name one time that happened.
one.
i'll wait.

dumb gay-cat poster

If you want evidence of this in practice just look at every even semi-obscure IP on the DS.

It's not the big names that lose out, it's the niche devs.

Don't you want to hug this cute cat?

>buy the game, enjoy it
>company goes out of business because the publisher kicked em and used the money to fund a CoD clone
>"wtf why wasn't there a sequel"

why is her dick so tiny?

>ywn fuck a cat trap

I'm quite new to pirating, so far I have pirated Sonic Mania, Elex, Total Warhammer 2, South Park the fractured but whole and I had no problems with any of them other than the first sonic mania I downloaded was malware/adware and then I just got the fitgirl repack. I downloaded CODEX WWE 2K18 today and installed it with the shitty music and all, but when I go to launch it it just brings me to the steam page, anyone know why this is? It was 40 GB big.

Just pirated your favorite game with no sequel.

>pirate a game, enjoy it
>finish the game
>developers thank you for buying and playing

I want to pin him down, lick his tummy and watch him squirm

>10k pirated copies
>3 mil sold

Piracy hurts the industry they say.
It hurts Jeff Schleffniger from buying a bigger pool in his eleventh house.

>mfw

>EU researchers has already disproved your bait.

No, they didn't. What that study actually said was that piracy DOES affect sales but that if publishers shit up their game with paid online exclusives, e.g. DLC, micro-transactions, paid mods, etc., then the additional revenue gained from that supersedes the loses from piracy. So, pirates, you can thank yourselves for all the paid online bullshit in gaming today.

bless this post, for it has the holy truth in it

Actually, that's not entirely accurate.
Sometimes you might get several million pirated copies.. on third world countries where no one have the money to buy the game, but many have friends in the first world that DO have friends, and generally tend to tell em about the good games they played.
You have to pick between 2 million sales and zero piracy and 3 million sales and 35 million pirate copies.

posting a superior latte that is actually a girl.

>girls
get that gay shit out of here you faggot.

I want to stir that latte with a spoon.

Kek. Good going, poorfags.

It's a feminine bepis

Same, I bet he would let out cute moans when you penetrate his butthole

>pirate a game because the money is better spent elsewhere
>some user on Sup Forums rees
I truly do wonder why

>You have to pick between 2 million sales and zero piracy and 3 million sales and 35 million pirate copies.

How do you figure?

right. Totally has nothing to do with companies, constantly looking for new ways to leech away at your money, and making excuses. They always did, but thanks to the internet age, people can actually educate themselves and uncover every corporate shilling with ease.

>It's the gamers fault that we became greedy Jews

>company goes out of business
>buy every last retail copy I can find
>company doesn't come back to make a sequel
WTF EXPLAIN tHIS

I can do this shit too.
>buy a shitty game filled with DLC, microtransaction and a $30+ season pass, enjoy it
>company goes full jew because they made a lot of money
>"wtf why is this happening"
GEE I WONDER FUCKING WHY

No PC port
PC port.

Video game purchases are kinda like democracy. Your little money-vote matters little, but it still matters. The silent majority gets what they want. A much bigger service you can do to the thing you like is to spread the good word to more potential buyers.

except the study directly stated that piracy actually improves sales in the game industry by word of mouth. paid online and 60 dollar dlc is because of normalfags that buy Cod and battlefield every year, piratefags wouldn't give a fuck about that

goteem

what if I dont give a shit nigger

Kinda but not really.
Not with games with publishers anyway.
More often than not, they will just pick your money and do something you hate with it, in many cases bastardizing the game you enjoyed.

If buyfags didn't blindly throw money at DLC, microtransactions and paid mods, publishers would have long stopped shoving them in our vidya.

It's paying customers who are to blame.

>literally never happened

piracy was fucking rampant before dlc and all that garbage was even an idea. one of your mates would buy a game and then everyone would burn it and get it for free. kill yourself underage

Paying for games is immoral unless the game was self-published.

whoa calm down muchacho

Well, most buyfags don't do that.
But there is those few special cases that do, and do a LOT, the so called whales.
DLC, microtransactions etc are not aimed at the general public, but at a small niche of very weird, very rich people, which is why it fails horribly when its something trying to force the general public to buy it, like the ending being a DLC.

They will lose your future money-vote then though. Politicians go against what they promised after winning elections all the time too.

you know, glossing over the insane presumption that stolen pc copies outnumber legit purchases thirty-five to one, it still sounds like it would be worth it.

never happened to me. I only pirate shit games

>394129685
>like democracy, your vote still matters

>lost by 3 million votes
>still gets elected president

D E M O C R A C Y

I'm just repeating what the study that people who pirate love to refer to even though they never read it said. If you have a problem with it then take it up with them. Honestly, I don't know how any "journalist" ever got "Piracy has no effect on sales!" from "If, and only if, you shit up your game with paid online exclusive content then for every 10 copies pirated you may see up to 3 sales."

Didn't Amazon/etc specifically stop sales of lethal helium tanks because of this?

We agree, then, that it is those who pay for games who are to fault.

>Wanting to hand all power to big city snowflakes, instead of the "flyover" aka backbone states

That's the point.
If the sales are bigger, no shit should be given.

>caring about corporations
your're an idiot

eu proves murrica and jews wrong yet again

based

Everyone on that election knew the rules and decided to go/not go vote on that.
The results would be very different if was a direct democratic election.

EU tried to suppress that study's result. With success, too, for a time.

The part of this image that gets my noggin' joggin' is the fact that one assumes that the author is a man of experience who knows the best ways to kill himself, and has found that helium is tried and true...but at the same time couldn't possibly have tried it himself or spoken to anyone who can vouch for how painless it is.

There's nothing you can do when the game is online only and you want the full content of it
How the fuck do you pirate BF4 to play online? Or CoD? Maybe you don't care about these products, but other publishers look at them and apply the same practices in their games, whether they are relevant or not. Maybe you don't care about those too, maybe you have AAA trash, fine. But I actually want good AAA games that are not safe as fuck and ridden with DLC/season passes/lootboxes/whatever. And with each year it seems that it's harder to get those.

>lying

>lying on the internet
You know anyone can just go look up the study, right?

And people always fought against it it form of DRM solutions, cd keys or reading a fucking manual.
>PIRACY DOESN'T AFFECT SALES, I READ SO IN THE NEWS
>actually if you've read the article it says that it does, but it's irrelevant in the grand scheme of things for now
>HEY REMEMBER THE 90S? PIRACY WAS THEN TOO!
What's your argument here? Piracy has been around since the beginning of bookprinting.

Sheer numbers democracy sucks. It means that the smaller regions would never matter and only the cities would decide, the same cities that entirely rely on the others whose vote wouldn't matter.

no cause im not a faggot

I'm saying that it's the normalfags who blindly spend 120 dollars on the new multiplayer game that are the real problem. after all the publishers continue doing it because they know that their mindless drones will buy it without hesitation. it has nothing to do with stopping piratefags

I want all triple AAA games to fail and all their companies to go bankrupt so we can start seeing some actual good games being made.

>EU researchers has already disproved your bait
You're not referring to the report discussing GooglePlay and Apple Store games are you? That was just games launching at release to at MOST 15 pounds
and did not include STEAM, consoles or any AAA video game publisher.

>California and new York should always pick who the next president will be

Microtransactions and F2P games with scummy monetization tactics are here literally because of piratefags/squeezing money out of people who otherwise wouldn't spend money on a full-price game.

>hugging is faggotry
No wonder western "men" are afraid of acting like human beings and instead tryhard into mindless savages.

sequels are cancer and the reason why so many games are shit experience without balls to have a proper fucking closure in vague hope of making more

>Pirate a game
>Don't give a fuck about sequel cause I have hundreds of other games to pirate

>removing the electoral college
>making everyone's vote matter
>your vote = 1 vote for your choice of president

>this is a bad thing

This is why nobody votes anymore now you idiots, your vote matters my ass.

>pirate a game, enjoy it
>company goes out of business because they made no money
Good, fuck them. Let it crash so we can start over with smaller teams making great games that they are passionate about again, then i will pirate those games as well. Been pirating PC games since the late 80's i'm not gonna stop now.

I'm not particularly saying its a bad thing, but the results would be different.

you seem like a decent guy. Unfortunately you are corporate asshole

But then the last two republican presidents wouldn't have been elected

>buy a game
>I'm one person so what I do has basically no effect on anything
>company goes under anyway

Are you sure?

>smaller teams making great games that they are passionate about
so, like indie games?

>pirate a game because it fucking sucks
>company doesn't go bankrupt and shitty game keeps getting sequels

WHAT THE FUCK

NO FUCK OFF SOME OF THEM HAVE BLUE HAIR AND GONE HOME EXISTS SO ALL INDIE GAMES SUCK

>pirate a game, enjoy it
>buy the sequel
>series dies anyway
Still waiting for ZX 3, Capcom.

> b-but muh top research poll claims is always right!!

kek. And all the top researchers and poll all over the world also said Hilary would win by a landslide.

>waiter:

You gotta pirate it multiple times. They lose money with every pirate, see.

I DONT GIVE A FUCK.
You start developing GOOD games I could CARE ABOUT like DEUS EX, SILENT HILL or VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE and THEN I'LL BUY YOUR SHIT YOU FUCKING JEW.
If it's just another mediocre crap build by a team of turbo Jew sjw with a political agenda and full of diversity quota then I CAN'T GIVE LESS FUCK IF NOBODY BUY IT.

You anti-piracy faggots are pathetic. It's always funny to see you get so assmad because people pirate games.

I'll pirate games and justify myself if I feel like it, and you can't do jack shit about it, kek.

>draw a girl
>remove tits
>HURRR YOU'RE A FAG FOR FAPPING TO THIS

I mean, she would if the voting worked like every other republic in the world, where number of votes=results.

>fapping to a smooth bodied boy with an erection
>not gay

>buy collectors edition of a game, enjoy it
>company made huge money and made a sequel
>"wtf why is the sequel so bad"
GEE I WONDER FUCKING WHY