Why did the vita have to die?

Why did the vita have to die?
Do you think Sony will ever do one last final push for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card-PCH-Z641J/dp/B00F27JGVA/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no -- but are there still people playing that game?

sony was the one who killed it. The only final push they will give it is closing the lid on the coffin and killing the online functions.

>Why did the vita have to die?

amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-Memory-Card-PCH-Z641J/dp/B00F27JGVA/

Wew, I'm glad you can use sd cards now instead.

Bad decisions, bad marketing and terrible prices for the memory cards.

Last time I checked, like 1 month ago, there was still a considerable amount of online rooms up.

Of course, us pirate + overclock boys.

Shame we won't get a second Freedom Wars. Great game that lacked content also DAT difficulty monhun G-rank has NOTHING on thi game.

There were several problems with FW but it was a great first game for a new IP. Hopefully Sony will make a second one either on the Vita or PS4. There's tons of potential for it.

I really fucking loved it, they damn better make a PS4 sequel
It's not fair Gravity Rush has a sequel but not this

Gravity Rush originally came out in 2012 and only got a sequel earlier this year, five years later.

Freedom Wars came out in 2014. Who knows? Maybe we'll get a sequel in 2019.

No voice synthesizer no buy.

Sony has never tried with their handhelds.

The PSP failed because it had no games, then people didnt buy the Vita because it also had no games. Sony just dont understand handhelds at all and dont focus on making any games on them. There's a reason why both sony handhelds are the worst handhelds ever made.

You're a huge faggot they are the best handhelds ever made, objectively. The PSP for being a great emulation device and the Vita for being the best hardware wise. Oh, and they both have loads of games.

The Vita died because it lacked a killer app, just like the PSP. They were doomed to be niche devices because of their libraries. The hardware was good on both platforms, but the game support simply wasn't there. Coupled with the insane markup on the memory cards, it's little surprise that people weren't lining up for the things.

P4G was the only one. However it wasn't enough to warrant the purchase, especially whilst also supporting those dumb fucking memory cards. Whoever came up with that idea, I hope your body hangs in that suicide forest.

>From and Japan Studio will never make a Soul Sacrifice 2

I don't think that's entirely it. PSP sold around 80mil, around the same as 3DS.

The drop off due to "mobile gaming" is actually the drop off of normies on the train who would rather be on facebook than play San Andreas stories, but didn't have the option in 2005 when smartphones were still new and not over saturated as now.

Social media on phones killed portable gaming.

As awesome as P4G was, it still wasn't a killer app, given Persona's relatively niche market appeal. Most of the people who bought Golden had most likely already bought Persona 4.

Soul Sacrifice is the killer app

That's a good point that I think most of us entrenched in gaming culture tend to forget. It probably didn't help that smartphone games took some huge leaps forward in terms of accessibility as they became widely available. I can't even imagine how many people have played Angry Birds or Fruit Ninja by now.

There IS/was game support for PSP/Vita
Have you retards that keep saying this never played them before? Or is this the stupid shit posters with their Sony systems have no game meme?

In Japan, sure. Outside that market, it was another niche title on a system that was struggling to gain traction.

This, PS Vita gets plenty of games, at least in comparison to pic related
now this is dead
does Wii U have a Secret of Mana remake coming out in like five months? didn't think so
Vita's still hanging on by a thread

Shovelware do not count as real games.

The PSP and Vita had no games worth playing on both platforms.

It's okay be mad but let's moderate this ok?

No, I had both systems. Still have a PSP somewhere, actually, and I aim to buy my little brother's Vita so my wife can play Persona 4 on her lunch breaks. I'm just acknowledging that the system didn't have a major 'everyone will buy the system for this game if nothing else' title. Nintendo pretty reliably has Pokemon for that. Sony had a ton of great titles, but none of them had the broad market appeal needed to put as many systems in people's hands as possible. I really wanted the Vita to succeed too, but it just didn't reach the marketshare Sony expected of it.

>PSP failed
It managed to establish itself right next to the fucking DS.
The other ones who tried got fucked by big dick Nintendo, king of handhelds or were only successful in Japan

New Sword Art Online game is made by the same guys, and is basically the closest thing we'll get to a sequel.