Dragons Dogma

Is it just me or are most melee "skills" in this game just kind of useless?

For example, what is the point in using the dagger's Scarlet Kisses over just mashing light attack?

What is even the point of the sword's Hindsight Slash?

It's kind of lame because right now I see zero reason to not just mash light attack rather than wasting time/stamina with melee skills

Moar damage
And it looks cool

You're a fucking idiot OP.
Outstanding thread. Get yourself a gold star and put it on your chart on the fridge. Try not to eat it this time.

>what is the point in using the dagger's Scarlet Kisses
It's faster than just mashing light attack and that sweet kick at the end that never gets old.
>Hindsight Slash
It's a good evasive move, knocks down all enemies too.

>reddit spacer doesn't understand game mechanics
No one is surprised

Well if you only use light attack and never use any skills, the unused stamina is literally wasted. You also need to spend more time killing enemy without using any weapon skills.

There are some listings on this game with a different cover art, and titled (multi-language). Are those just japanese versions or are every versions of this game already multi-language?

>I'm dumb

>It's faster than just mashing light attack
Yeah but you're locked in the animation... with light attack you can quickly attack and get out of the way

>It's a good evasive move
But I literally just got hit out of it.... doesn't seem to evade much

>Is it just me or are most melee "skills" in this game just kind of useless?
Most skills in general are.
>Scarlet Kisses
You use them on top of a monster you dumb shitter

>Yeah but you're locked in the animation
You gotta find the right moment to use it, when all the enemies are down, a pawn is holding them or when you're grabbing onto an enemy. You can always use instant reset too.
>But I literally just got hit out of it
You're supposed to use it when you're about to get hit, of course it's not gonna work against bigger enemies too.

Scarlet Kisses animation can be cancelled at any time by jumping or rolling out of it. It's also incredibly useful because you can use it while grappling a large enemy. Crawl to a weakspot and use Scarlet Kisses and watch their health disappear.

Hindsight slash requires pretty dang good timing for the initial dodge, but if you do manage to sync it up with an enemy attack you do more damage on the hit.

A lot of skills are a bit useless but they're there for fun or style.

Its a meme game its trash i brought it on sale and refunded it

>using 1000 Kisses on squishy Ur-Dragon 40ish on PC
>Heavens Key + 4x Periapts and other buffs from pawn
>strength multiplier skills set
>200 pure assassin since level 10
>hearts die within seconds
>dealt so much damage that the server doesn't register it

it IS useful, the problem is that the game is pretty unclear with dmg values and doesn't specify the exact relative amount of dps that the skill does.

Imagine you do 100dps with light attack
With Scarlet Kisses you do around 150dps... it lasts a few seconds, but the "reset stance" skill is there for a reason, so you have the opportunity to make an attack that does about 50% more dps than your regular, that costs pretty little stamina, and you can cancel at any time. Doing it at a critical spot climbing a boss it's like 200% dps since the dmg is doubled (kinda).

t.brainlet who played the game for 30 minutes

>tfw trying get drops from chests in BBI
>half the chests with decent loot are in areas filled with 30 corrupted pawns, 7 condemned gorecyclops, a million eliminators, and 17 cursed dragons meaning if you want to godsbane a single chest you're stuck spending an hour clearing the area

How about clearing the room, save, and THEN godsbaning your retarded ass?

>this

that's some serious Japanese kind of torture...
and I'm having trouble with
ONE
FUCKING
DEATH

>How about clearing the room, save, and THEN godsbaning your retarded ass?
Because running through the entire area, opening a chest, and then godsbaning is much faster than spending an hour clearing out an area, opening a chest, saving, and then godsbaning

Then what is the problem?
And if you spent an hour clearing an area then you should seriously consider if your gear is up to par with the task.

Kiss is broken af and probably the best melee skill in the game
You use it while grappling.

Use it when climbing monsters. Thousand Kisses plus Immolation as a Magick Archer tears through monsters like Dan Schneider tears through hymens.

I hate how all the armor with the best stats is Nothing Personel Kid shit

This is one of my gripes with the game. Especially since armor is so important.

Well that's because of Dark Arisen. Before that add-on, the best armor was Divine, Heavenly looking stuff.
But armor doesn't matter that much in this game, I always go fashion>armor since most classes have easy ways to mitigate damage. Magic has p-blocking, Assasins have roll, etc.

You can use the Cancel ability to reset yourself if you really wanted to. Scarlet Kisses can be used while climbing a monster so you can rip them to shreds