Pokémon Starters

What are arguably the best starter Pokémon?

Johto's. Also the best Gen

> (OP)
>Johto's. Also the best Gen

This

Gen 3 is the only one where they are all good enough to make it a hard choice.

I dunno, I usually hate at least a pokemon in every gen.

arguably? Blaziken. It is the only starter to have broken base stats that only got more stupid over generations

Gen 3.

Every starter is amazing.

Squirtle is the best starter. Followed closely by Pikachu.

These are the best starters

Agumon

I wish they would switch it up one game and have different types of starters like psychic/Ice/Poison or some shit. Im ready for GF to break the fucking mold already.

>Greninja
>Blaziken
>Venusaur

For online at least.

Yeah

Mudkip/Swampert's typing is really good through gen 3 since there's no real grass type gym leader/bosses.

No one cares. Go back to

Where's the ms paint comic with all the starter choices

Totodile was the only good starter that gen.
Literally every other gen had a better selection

Kalos or Hoenn

Kanto is also acceptable

>really like gen 5 overall but the shitty starters make the early game a massive drag

so close to the perfect pokemon game

And he saves it on his own, user.

Didn't Hoenn have the best starters overall?

Though I'm more partial to Sinnoh. It's the only gen that I like all 3 starters.

Take your pick

Squirtle is the GOAT and it makes me sad he doesn't get more love.

lookin good

artistblack a best.

Ivysaur is the best starter in any rendition, so Gen 1.
Gen 1 has the best mid-evolutions in general. Not only that, but Charizard is the most-common favorite Pokemon of them all. Also Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander are top tier as well.

Gen 1 wins for starters. All though most people consider HeartGold the best Pokemon game in general, idk why I've never played it.

Friendly reminder that if you picked Bulbasaur then you picked casual babby mode.

Hoenn has the best designed starters overall, this is not up for debate, and I don't even like gen 3.

The ones from my childhood.

>Totodile
>Not cyndaquil, whos final form lets him use earthquake and thunderpunch
Yeah alright gatorfag

In terms of starters who just completely break an already easy game, Chimchar.

(lol

Heart Gold is not that good man

>filters
Die.

lookin' good

You read my mind.

Professor Oak didn't know fucking diddly shit, he told me to use my Master Ball on a Fearow or Tentacruel.

All I know is that only irredemable faggots pick any grass starter besides rowlet, and that's only because his third stage is pretty cool

Why does HeartGold have such a perfect reputation among the community then? From what I've heard everyone considers it the best one.

Pikachu, because I can get the other 3 starters later.

Isn't there like only 1 other perfect trio or something?

>mfw charmander still rapes the shit out of the early game rock types with ember, thanks to their awful special defence
Feels good kicking common sense in the dick

Eevee from Gale of Darkness

XD

I like that one chop 'em up fire pokamon.

What's wrong?

Because Pokemon fans are idiots and wouldn't know a good game if it punched them in the dick. It's why pokemon keeps getting made in the first place, especially after the absolute disasters that were Gen 6 and Pokemon Go.

@@394181518
(you)

All the Johto starters are trash but Totodile.

Gen 1 > Gen 3 > Gen 6 > Gen 4 = Gen 5 > Gen 2 >>>> Gen 7

nostalgia for GS combined with a great mechanics overhaul which made the game better in every way plus following pokemon. Platinum is really the best though. White was my favorite.

the only one that would really work from a good thematic standpoint would be psychic/fighting/dark, except dark is immune to psychic instead of just strong to it so it would break the trend

What's the best gen then? I am not a pokemon fan so I don't know. I've only really played Gen 3 and it was ok, but once I got past the age of 10 I never touched it again I'm pretty sure I never even beat the game either. I got pretty far though I think.

It's a Gen 2 remake and a lot of people like/have nostalgia for Gen 2. I was never really a fan of Gen 2, and the remake doesn't really go out of its way to fix some of the problems it had, so it doesn't really do anything for me

>baneposting
>phoneposting
two bad things

Why doesn't Platinum go along with Gold and Silver, and Crystal go along with Diamond and Pearl? Doesn't that make more sense? Why'd they do it the opposite way?

All except Gen 2 and 7. 2 and 7 are uniformly trash despite my soft spot for Typhlosion.

Gen 1 all have obvious weaknesses that were compensated for over time

Gen 3 was just ridiculous. 3 ridiculously powerful mon in their own right.

Gen 4 deserves a lot of credit for having deep and diverse movepools.

Gen 5 has Smugleaf who is pretty okay. Two others = forgettable. Same with 6 with Greninja

Because it's great.
Not quite as good as platinum or bw2 (because johto is shit) but it was made during the golden age of ds pokemon so it's still heads and shoulders above most of the series.

>he's never become the league champion
Holy shit.

It really is gen one. The games sucked but god those were fantastic starters.

First gen is perfect

I was never really hardcore into pokemon, I honestly don't think it's as fun as most people do, I like the concept though but the gameplay is boring to me. Although, as a kid I did like it more.

I don't know from a meta standpoint but cyndaquil is a cutie and my favorite.

>he thinks (you) is baneposting
>he thinks @@ is phoneposting
>he doesn't understand the post he's quoting at all
Lurk moar, faggot.

Indeed

Imagine the retarded furry cosplay animals of Gen 7 designed in Gen 1 style

Anyone who doesn't always pick the grass starter is a fucking pleb.

By gen
4=1>7>3>6>2>5

Ever tried playing SMT? It has the same monster collecting idea but the gameplay is fun.

This.
Most people don't understand though.

>hating cosplay in current year
um sweetie, it's time to move on

the irony of people calling new gen starter fursuits when charizard is the biggest furfagged starter tickles me

Crystal was named as such because the names that gen referenced the box legends. gold and silver for the towers for ho-oh and lugia, crystal for suicunes horn/crest thing.

fuck if i know why they think giratina is associative to platinum but the diamond and pearl part were also directly tied to design choices for the box legends

>he picked Chikorita
Cmon, man.

>Gen 1
Charmander
>Gen 2
Totodile
>Gen 3
Treecko
>Gen 4
Turtwig
>Gen 5
Oshawatt
>Gen 6
Froakie
>Gen 7
Rowlet

These are OBJECTIVELY my favorites, and not to be taken as anything but. Please share your favorites as well, I'd love to talk about them.

>How can we make a Fire/Fighting starter without actually making it Fire/Fighting?
Incineroar was a mistake.

You misspelled water.

Nothing inherently furry looking about Charizard though. Incineroar is literally a man in a fursuit.

Pokemon isn't teriffic to start with and the most fun aspect was the PvP Which is gated behind autistic grinding and RNG or outright cheating so playing PvP on cart is retarded which was at its best in Gen 4, and the single player in Gen 4 and 5. Platinum is stellar, and I only played BW which I like but BW2 is consistently praised so maybe it's worth a shot. Gens 1, 2, 6, and 7 are all hot garbage in terms of gameplay, even if Game Freak is consistently good at creature and character design.

>squirtle, charmander, bulbasaur
I'm sorry, literally who? I remember this being the gen 1 starter

>You will never complete your quest for a shiny pink Nidoqueen and shiny blue Nidoking

birbs always win their respective gen
they even got all three of the types on lock down now

>he isn't loyal to a type
user, please.

post em lads, started with
Bulbasaur
Cyndaquil
Torchic
Turtwig
Snivy
Fennekin
Rowlet

That would be Gen 3, namely because of this guy.

Only starter to ever make it to and stay in ubers.

I used to be loyal to Fire, then Chimchar happened.

Kanto and Sinnoh have the most solid starters, there is no real bad choice.

Why would I be "loyal" when I'm playing a different person each game?

>using a starter
lads...

Design Wise
Gen 3>Gen 1>Gen 4>Gen6>POWERGAP>Gen 2> Gen 7

Competitive Wise
Blaziken>Greninja>Serperior with Contrary>Infernape>Venusaur>doesn't matter, most starters are shit

Best set of starters:

>Bulbasaur
>Cyndaquil
>Mudkip or Gator

4/7
Not bad user. I'd swap in Squirtle, Mudkip, and Snivy, though Treecko is a great choice as well.

Wrestling heel was a perfect idea.

>someone realizing the truth that all gen 4 starters are solid
about time. Piplup, Chimchar, and Turtwig are ALL my niggers

Forgot to mention that Gen 5 is so bad it doesn't even belong on the list

Definitely the Hoenn starters.

>being a hipster
What, you play the game starting off with bidoofs or some shit?

possibly, but incineroar is hideous.

Infernape and Empoleon are both ridiculously good in DPP, and Torterra isn't a slouch either once it gets Woodhammer

>Gen 1
Bulbasaur, Ivysaur is OBJECTIVELY in my opinion the best looking middle stage of a starter pokemon
>Gen 2
Hard choice, all look great, gonna go with Chikorita because the cotyledon on its head turning into stemen for it's final form is nice design
>Gen 3
Mudkip. Every starter line here is ass, except Treeco who looks alright in his first stage
>Gen 4
Turtwig and Piplup tie.
>Gen 5
Smugleaf. Dewott is a great mid stage design though.
>Gen 6
Chespin. Although very clearly due to my bias towards the tank class in MMOs, and having raised hedgehogs at a previous job.
>Gen 7
Popplio. Seals are neat.

Turtwig is objectively superior cause he gets stab earthquake.
He was my first pokemon.
I named mine Mr. T and he's the only pokemon I've bothered to make absolute certain I carry between games I can move him to.

>not starting with a starly
get some taste man

>All these Blaziken fags
You guys disgust me. Blaziken is literally Chesnaught tier garbage as a design and useless in ubers.

Nu Sup Forums all grew up on GBA I guess.