Where are my dinosaur games?

where are my dinosaur games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tgUdRo9eYoQ
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/t-rex-skin-was-not-covered-feathers-study-says-180963603/
youtu.be/CxE68c9rYa0
i.imgur.com/dwgXZXD.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WE

that thing is actually scarier than a typical depiction of a tyrannosaurus rex.

Hopefully next year when this comes out.

>inb4 but muh mesozoica/prehistoric kingdom/another forever-in-early-access game
they will never come out in a decent state, time to leave it behind. I did.
>inb4 but it's mainstream shit!
No other way for a decent dino tycoon to be made. We have to wait for gameplay but the second trailer pretty much confirmed that it's not like that mobile travesty - more likely to be JPOG inspired.

>feathers

Nanosaur. It's decent fun for a 20 year old game.

>feathers all over
>not in specific areas
>not using the nostalgic lizard skin
Gayyyy

They had feathers fag. Accept it.

I really hope this turns out good, been dying for a sequel to OG for years.

This is probably what dinos looked like

youtube.com/watch?v=tgUdRo9eYoQ

why does the head look like a circumcised dick?

GAMES THAT ARE EXTINCT:
Dinosaur games
Non-Mario kart games
Extreme sport games
Turn based RPGs
RTSs
Non-indie platformers
good games

And its sequel Nanosaur 2. Fun but too short.

WAZ

No, the T-Rex didn't, google it.

Face it featherfags, they made dinosaurs gay.

Reminder that feathered dinos can look good if you put some effort into the design

Still have hope for this to grow into something great, not any time soon though.

The larger dinosaurs most likely did *not* have feathers. Skin imprints from T. rex and others do exist and no feathers found.

smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/t-rex-skin-was-not-covered-feathers-study-says-180963603/

birds didnt evolve from tyrannosaurs

t. Jack Horner

>what is Monster Hunter World

>falling for the journalist meme

the skin impressions are fucking tiny as shit and only cover a small portion of the body.

youtu.be/CxE68c9rYa0

>what is Monster Hunter World
NOT OUT YET

Chickens are related to Tyrannosaurs

trey can suck a fat cock

Say that to his face, muthafucker

From that YouTuber's "About" page:

"This is a channel of Science, Evidence, and Truth."

and:

"Also remember: feather all dinosaurs!"

Sounds like another YouTuber conspiracy theorist, just of a different flavour than Alex Jones. Can TREY the Explainer sell me some dinowater to help protect me from the coming apocalypse?

After I made my post I did a little research and my conclusion is paleontologists have no fucking clue whether they did or didn't.
>T-rex's ancestors had feathers so therefore T-rex did have feathers
>no because we haven't found any feathers yet T-rex didn't have feathers

Seems pretty subjective to me.

As it turns out, ascertaining certain details about species that have been extinct for MILLIONS of years, is a bit difficult and slipshot.

Dinosaurs had feathers goy. Buy our new and updated textbooks.

What I don't understand is why YouTubers know more about palaeontology than palaeontologists.

they didn't evolve from them though. It's like looking at your great great uncle thrice removed and saying "my ancestor"

They evolved from avian dinosaurs which are still equally terrifying

did you watch the fucking video you dickhead? a few tiny patches of skin does not mean that the whole thing lacked feathers.

>paleontologists have no fucking clue whether they did or didn't.

NO SHIT. This is the thing people don'
t seem to get. science is never 100% truth it is mostly just guesstimates and things we can only know with a percentage of certainty given what information we have. Given such little actual data it is impossible to say for sure whether or not Trex had feathers, but we can look at related animals and conclude that there is a GOOD POSSIBILITY it had at least SOME form of feathers somewhere on the body.

These posts made me think really hard like hmmmmmmm?

Nanosaur 3 when

Palenontology is a deadend science eating up valuable funds that could be used elsewhere, and is probably ran by jews (not to say that dinosaurs didn't exist, they do exist, but the point is it is a useless scientific venture, and that the people who run said venture are hack frauds)

god what gross looking toes

>did you watch the fucking video you dickhead? a few tiny patches of skin does not mean that the whole thing lacked feathers.

Which is exactly what the article posted stated:
"They add that the T. rex may have had some feathers, but the plumage was likely limited to the dinosaur’s back."

Budgie Battle Blast Bugaloo 3 when?

>its not covered in feathers but it may have been covered in feathers

Yeah those guys have it pretty rough
>get paid dogshit
>if you're super lucky you get to go to bumfuck nowhere and dig up dusty bones
>more likely you just sit around unpacking bones other people already dug up
Glad I didn't end up becoming one desu
You have to be REALLY passionate for it to be worth it.

It's not like OP.

Naw. I have a buddy who just got his paleo degree. They didn't use textbooks precisely because the information becomes out of date in six months. Paleo textbooks have gone the way of the dinosaurs.

>enormous talons

Raptors are impressive. It isn't crazy for birds = dinos. I assume that's a step closer to the truth.

It disturbs me how quickly even chickens eviscerate prey.

wow no shit we've known that for years

It more likely looked similar to the saurian concept art with partial feather covering

i.imgur.com/dwgXZXD.jpg

Yutyrannus is the largest known theropod to have them, and he's this big, so there ya go.

>Little boy brutally attacked by evolved T-rex

Even if the feather thing is as prevalent as people claim it is, Trex wouldn't have had gathers

I hope you're not implying pic-related is a good design.

>thread about anything evolution related
>Sup Forums and /x/tards sperging all over the place
every time

>artists trying to be "modern" and "accurate" by putting fucking FLIGHT FEATHERS on dinosaurs

pisses me off, I'd rather have naked dinosaurs than that bullshit. Either you draw a fantasy creature or you do your god damn research and you do it right.

T-rex would have most likely not been covered in feathers entirely but it's still possible he had some feathers, same way elephants are mostly naked save for some patches of hair here and there

>muh Sup Forums boogeyman
>even on a fucking dinosaurs thread

stop being so paranoid nigger

what part of any of the posts is Sup Forums let alone /x/?

>depict dinosaurs with scales forever
>WAIT THEY HAD FEATHERS
>find T-Rex skin
>I-IT HAD FEATHERS FOR A PERIOD, THEN SHED THEM

nice meme

I'm so fucking ready for this, me and my mate were like giddy schoolgirls when we seen the announcement trailer. I nearly wept tears of joy

Anybody else play this game? It was good.

Technically we are all related to Tyrannosaurs.

you know, it's not entirely unreasonable for large dinosaurs to have feathered young which later shed those feathers

Their smaller size would have made it harder for them to remain warm so a layer of down would have helped with that.
They could have looked like bird chicks but instead of replacing their childhood down with proper feathers they simply lost it

Who said they had feathers in adulthood? Something that big in that climate would never need insulation. If anything it would struggle with radiating heat.

Bongland Brain Bang Birds

I want a dinosaur horror game.
No idea how this could work.

every proper Jurassic Park game has had horror sections

Dino Crisis?

Technically we are related, cousin.

>doesnt want to clone dinosaurs
>doesnt want to make theme parks full of dinosaurs
>dosent want to splice dinosaur genes into people to create a race of dinosauroid supermen

i am cursed with vore boners
i can literally never play or enjoy any form of dinosaur media
bye guys :(

can't clone dinosaurs, DNA has a half-life of 521 years
which means that a single DNA molecule only has a 2.35^-38% chance to survive 65million years AT BEST. This chance is assuming literally zero outside influence

Say what you want, but I only know four good dinosaur games:
The Lost World: Jurassic Park for PSX (dark souls of dinosaur games, Trespasser was just buggy as fuck)
Jurassic Park: Park Builder (GBA and PC, both are fucking awesome but I had most fun with GBA one)
Jurassic Park III: The DNA Factor(GBA, it's a good sidescrolling game with a good puzzle elements).

Dunno much about Turok games, I played the first one a bit and I find it a bit cheesy.

>eating up valuable funds that could be used elsewhere

Yeah, instead of learning new things about our planet we should dump even more money into Medicare to keep crotchety old people alive while they contribute nothing to society. Don't forget that our military also needs more bomb-building money go blow up sand people so we can """""""""stabilize""""""""" the region.

Protip: FTL travel is impossible, mankind will never explore deep space, and (((tech companies))) are already investing billions to develop AI that will eventually exterminate us serfs so that our rulers can finally have the world to themselves. Nothing you dream of will ever come true, so let the weird dinosaur people have their bone digging funds for fuck's sake.

Delete this

*gasp* one of these posts used a no-no word and the other had an evil racist meme picture! Clearly we are invaded by Sup Forums nazi kekistani trumpsters! Mods please, think of the children!

Was it rape?

Not this guy you are quoting, but
>keep crotchety old people alive while they contribute nothing to society
You do know some of these actually contributed a lot to society and country throughout their lives? Some are veterans who went to war so you didn't have to (oh who am I kidding, you are kid who never seen a shred of war, let alone be considered to be drafted, aren't you?), some worked jobs you would never take up (would you clean the fucking toilets in a hotel, collect the garbage, enter a building on fire, work on a fishing boat, or teach ungrateful mongrels in school?)
>Protip: FTL travel is impossible
You would be surprised.
>(((tech companies))) are already investing billions to develop AI that will eventually exterminate us
bullfuckinghorseshit, AI is a meme and to reach anything that would resemble reasoning of a living thing (say, a fly) will take fucking ages. I'd say 60 years or more.
> Nothing you dream of will ever come true
You would be fucking surprised. Look, in about 30 years time we've developed a device that can keep your schedule, show your position on a detailed map, hail you a taxi, buy you food, contact a person 20 thousand miles away, book you a hotel room, access a global network of information and more and it fits in your fucking hand. Do you know what it's called? A Smartphone. Hell, even 15 years ago people thought thing like that belongs to science-fiction shit like star trek or whatever.
Stop being an idiot, look around you.

>Technically we are related, cousin.

I'm not saying theres some dedicated Sup Forums invasion or that they should be banned. I just find it entertaining that no matter which board this topic comes up on the crossposters can't hold their spaghetti. I browse pol for shits sometimes and these are the exact same replies they give whenever the topic comes up.

we're all descendants of that one cell that figured out reproduction and then had it's offspring proceed to exterminate all other forms of emergent life on the planet

Do you think he had feathers?

Can we talk about the Oxygen Catastrophe or is it too soon?

I don't think iguanodons had feathers.

And his name was "Adam"

Imagine this game done in a modern engine. One can only dream...

it's a Nigersaurus, look it up

Go ahead.
It's not like you were my favourite or something.

nah, it's always fun to bring up when deluded folks complain we're being mean to mother nature

like "remember that time the cyanobacteria wiped out 99% of all life on the planet and dear ol' "mother nature" decide to reward them with continued existence up until this very day? good times.

WTF IS THAT THING?

I legit miss Pangea. They made some quirky but fun games. I recall the president saying they've switched entirely to mobile gaming now, it's sad.

you can call that glorious ...(wanted to call him either bastard or son of a bitch, but neither would be appropriate), whatever you want
but we all know what happened next: he and his kids wiped out all alternative forms of life that existed or could possibly ever exist on planet earth

>iguanas are dinosaurs
>flying komodos are dinosaurs
>puke monsters are dinosaurs
>mudfishes are dinosaurs
>puffy bats are dinosaurs
>rape kites are dinosaurs

I'm no expert but I believe it is pigeon of sorts

>rape kites
Wait, what?

Looks cool, and I'd pet, but then I imagine that one that looks like that, but 10 times bigger... fucking terrifying.