Why does Bethesda care so little for the continuity of their own series?

Why does Bethesda care so little for the continuity of their own series?

Because they don't have to. Their IP, their decisions sweetie :)

because retards keep playing their games

This and they make more money than those that do care.

well-deserved contempt for their own customers

And they have contempt from the very people who created Fallout. :^)

hi pol, considering gaffers talk about video games they are more welcome here than you

>Continuity and other things within the context of the game dont matter because the story is about fake stuff hurr durr

I hate this fucking meme, literally the worst excuse for a writer to use for shitty writing. Just because the story is unrealistic doesn't mean the contents of it shouldn't have to make sense in the context of the story.

>WAAAAHHH BETHESDA RUINED MY FAVRITE SERIES ABLOO BLOO
That's what happens when you're forced to sell your IPs because your company fucking sucks.

They don't need to when they know 80% of their sales are from normies who don't care about anything

>Even bethesda devs acknowledge it sucked but can't say anything about it

kill yourself neogaffer

aww did the poor little rightcuck get his safe space taken away

based pete hines

how much more based can our guy get

>"We dumbed down the game because women are stupid"

How the fuck did this not stir up controversy?

If they don't care, why should you? It's not like video games are art.

>Including women

He says this like being female is a handicap which it is

based chad hines putting NMA in their place

Seems this tweet has been deleted.

Twitter posts are not videogames, take it to Sup Forums please.

that's funny as shit, hahaha. I guess it paid off for them but I'm shocked they admit it publicly.

I only play 4 for a fallout themed FPS and 3 for a fallout themed tour of D.C.

Because they're a bunch of Gamebryo modders and dumbfucks. There's not a single engineer or writer in their ranks. They're the punk scene of videogames: Don't know how to play or make their profession, never learned to use their instruments, but keep bashing their tools until something comes up and stupid people as them gobble it up.

Please tell me this is fake.

What did they mean by this?

>Never explains how Vault-Tec acquired FEV
>Never explains how T-60 Power Armor exists

>gives a response
>gets BTFO
>YEAH WELL I DONT EVEN CARE
real mature.

>their own series
That's the thing.

Jet was in Old World Blues

Black Isle Studios did not care either.
Mrs Bishop in FO2 contradicted Myron.

Why hold Bethesda to a higher standard than one of the supposed giants of the RPG genre?

All Bethesda did was clear up the mess they were handed.
Fallout lore is a case of "You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit."

LOL

The answer is pretty obvious.

Because the fans don't, apparently.

>accessible to as many people as possible, including women
So women truly are inferior and need games to get casualized to be able to enjoy them huh?

because they are obsidiots/nma looking for any bone to pick with bethesda

Pete letting the irrelevant KNOW they are irrelevant in no uncertain terms.

It's about time someone put these nerds in their place.

A shame you still can't convince a supposed mentally inferior gender to fuck you.

Because most of the people who buy the games don't, obviously. Still though, you'd think the person who's meant to be the fucking PR guy for the game would know not to act this way, but since they sell anyway I guess it just doesn't matter.
Must be nice to get paid for doing literally fucking nothing.

>hahaha dae hate le bethesda?
>im a true Sup Forums patrician who loves the new vegas!!!!!
fuck off

People who care about continuity are hardcore players aka not Bethesda target market.
You should treat Bethesda Fallout as what they are, shutty fanfiction.

>Why does Bethesda care so little for the continuity of their own series?

Probably because it wasn't theirs to begin with.

If you think about it, Fallout was kind of forced upon the staff, namely the writers who have pretty much only ever done TES fantasy genre stuff. They were never going to handle it well, unless they hired a person who worked on the originals to help guide them/serve as a bouncing board.

They don't understand the lore because they were never involved with it.

Sick burn brah, are you from leddit? Maybe you need to be told when you are reading sarcasm.
Just to make sure, no it was not serious :)

pete said it, not me.

Are you all actually this desperate to believe? It's not even a particularly good fake.

All he is doing is telling the real life versions of the Simpsons comic book guy to fuck off.

I think everyone gets a chuckle out of that.

They should find a company to antagonize that puts up with that nonsense.
Pete does not suffer fools gladly.

Not really, I looked it up after I posted and found it was fake already.

a lot of them actually were huge wasteland and fallout fans when they were making 3 and is a large reason they even bought the IP, It's when the money men got in the way that fucked things up and ruined the motivation of the team

why would the vp of marketing know anything about this?

Sometimes there are multiple layers of a ruse. Maybe they were still at it. Maybe so are you.

I also feel as though FO3 was intended to be a prequel of sorts, just in the East coast.

Which would've made the state of the Capital Wasteland, as well as areas like Camp littlelight make a ton more sense, as opposed to 200+ years later.

sweetieposting is so last summer
:)

The reason they didn't was specifically said to be because their motto is their games should 'always be pushing forward'

Speak for yourself, hun ;^)

correct, the date change was a last minute decision to help justify including BoS, Enclave and Super Mutants. When i play fallout 3 i just pretend it takes place 50 years after and it makes the game much better.

Isn't he openly mocking women as not being able to understand basic arithmetics?

I feel people get way too butthurt at that kind of shit, you love Fallout and Fallout 2 but hate 3 and 4 (yet still love NV which is basically 3.0.1 but whatever) ?
Then disregard 3 and 4.
How is that so hard ?

I personally loved TES up to and including Oblivion, didn't care much for Skyrim but it didn't make the previous games retrospectively worse.

could have been deleted

Because Obsidiots don't actually care about games, they just love sucking on obsidians dick and taking pride in how theyre sooooo much better than fallout 3 of all games

they based waaaaay too much of 4 on 3, instead of the occasional reference they pushed major characters onto you. except liberty prime, he was a welcome comeback

man gotta run business. keep playing games child and beg mommy to give you money

He was frozen, not living underground for decades or entire generations.

Apply yourself.

>He was frozen

>lorefags

Cryo freeze =/= Biomed Freeze

I'm not sure the point you're trying to make.

Sensitivity to sunlight would develop if you lived underground for many years, or you're like 3rd generation Vault dweller. The fag in FO4 was effectively underground for like an hour.

because it is not "their own", but their disregard will deteriorate it to the point where they can "own" it.

it was not black isle that sucked, but interplay.
Which is another great argument for why it should be forbidden for publishers to own developers.

Cryo-freeze doesn't work in the Fallout universe. Bethesda made up some bullshit for Fallout 4 in order to get the premise working for their "muh son" plot. They did the exact same shit for synths and teleportation.

They just put it in the game and never explained how anything worked and why it never worked before but only just now for sake of convenience.

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Nigger it's Fallout - the entire premise only works in this magical alternative 1950's reality where inexplicable science fiction tech is common.

There are COUNTLESS reasons to shit on FO4, but this isn't one of them.

Apply yourself.

cool man I can't wait to see your fallout game

>Myron is a liar
>claims he discovers jet from brahmin fumes and takes full credit
>actually bought a prewar holotape from some trader that documented how to make Jet
There, retcon works now. Not like it's that implausible, Myron is a shithead who would lie about something like that.

Ghouls sustain themselves on radiation, it's been said before that they don't actually need to eat. The best way to invalidate a real point you might have is to pair it with a nitpicky, falsified one.

This. Anyone who buys Myron's literal bullshit have lost all credibility

>the game where cars are powered by nuclear reactors and jackson's chameleons have evolved into dragons is unrealistic because cryogenic freezing doesn't work

It's the SJW ouroburos.

>"To make women like our game we cater to them and you have to deal with it because women are stupid and can't comprehend gameplay"

Or never made in the first place.

Wow that's some terrible handwriting

he couldve just went with a bullshit excuse like Jet could have been invented by two different people at two different time periods, but he just decided to act like a retard

Or he could've just said "I'm not the writer of the game, try asking them instead."

But instead, he pretty much admits that Fallout 4's writing is a lazy afterthought. And the Redditors here just eat it up.