Can the Switch keep up the momentum past Odyssey or will it die off like the Wii U? Debate this

Just 1 rule.
> Don't site the first year sales
I want to know if this thing will hit mass market, the 10 million or so Nintendo fans are a given.

It needs to achieve (((STAYING POWER)))

Only a former Gaf mod would be dumb and fanatical enough to pretend the switch can even do as bad as the wiiU despite being already being in a better shape after 7 months and having actual games out and upcoming.
Can't expect those retarded cumb shitbags to think like adults after all.

It will certainly not be Wii like success nor a WiiU failure.
It will probably sell about 20-30 mill in its lifetime if we're being realistic

It's being outsold by a four year old console. It's going to be like the Wii U.

who gives a shit.

Why would you post that garbage image?
Way to out yourself as a shitposter

>I want to know if this thing will hit mass market
It has Mario and Pokemon, what do you think. Pokemon is like 15 million sales alone.

> successor to the DS and the wii both selling 25 million is nota failure

nintenbros on suicide watch

SMT V, the new pokemon game, Metroid Prime 4, and inevitably a new smash bros game will keep the console going. It would be dope if the Switch could get a new F-Zero and a new Mario Party as well.

>comparing Q1 to Q4 numbers
>* at the bottom clearly says Wii and Wii U numbers are from 97 and 100 days vs Switches 87
nice pic OP

> Everyone I don't like is Gaf
Literary never once been on there.

this guy is right, i am sure if the switch had these 10 days more in the graph the sale would be 5 million higher

>ignores the quarter each system is sold in

hello neofaggot, we don't take kindly to sonyshills like your previous home.

(((KEK)))

So what about the (((Singular Fucking Rule))) went over all our heads?

This is what's bothering me about Switch sales. A two-in-one system should be selling much better than this.

what kind of argument is this. if the difference in quarters matters so much why is the hardware sale the same but software isnt

This picture is going to be fucking worthless when the switch sells 120 million units like it's predicted to.

wow cant you see the console came out in quarter 1 instead of quarter 4? thats why it sells like shit you dumb sonybro, sony shills btfo

Didn't Nintenhoe predict the Wii Useless would sell 200 million or something retarded?

yes but unfortunately it was released in the wrong quarter so that didnt work out

This. It's too expensive and too physically large to have the full appeal of a handheld and like the WiiU it's too weak to have the appeal of a console (since it's basically just a WiiU v2 with a screen). The competent marketing and decent first year games like BotW and Odyssey certainly help, as will Pokemon in the future, but I just don't see it getting anywhere near Wii or DS numbers.

>2-in-1 should be selling better

See above.

>tv-out makes a handheld a console

The Switch is as much a "hybrid" as the fucking PSP was/is, m8, they just dressed up the hdmi plug a little bit with the dock rather than just running a cord alone and unthrottle it while plugged in rather than through a custom firmware option. Not that it's a bad thing, mind; it's plenty powerful enough to not have to make the usual sacrifices in complexity or graphical quality that handheld titles often suffer, I'm just saying that it prices itself at a premium for the market it realistically serves, much like how the launch 3DS was grossly overpriced or even the Vita.

Wasn't the WiiU also predicted to hit 100mil+? Whatever happened to that I wonder.

you can't make timeline comparison starting at different time of the year and expect to be taken seriously. the switch "quarter" isn't covering a real quarter worth of data.

lol

this chart only shows the sales of each console for the first 100 days of its release. if it were so stupid to compare a console first sold in quarter 1 to a consoler sold in quarter 4 then that would mean it would be common knowledge not to start your sales in q1. you are admitting the console will never sell as much as the ones before. you think the switch will have as much powder almost a year later in q4?

People are underestimating the staying power of the Switch's currently library.

It already has at least 4 ever-green titles:

1. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Splatoon 2

And this is just within the first 8 months of the console's availability.

I'm pretty sure once the holiday season comes, we'll be seeing some huge sales numbers based solely on the aformentioned available games.

2018 will prove interesting as outside of Yoshi, Kirby, Fire Emblem and potentially Metroid, we don't know much else coming from 1st party.

However, we do know that Nintendo wants to maintain the same momentum of releases as the current trend is going, based on the recent interview with Koizumi.

I see Sex Genie has come out of the woodworks after crying for months about the Switch's success

>switch has been released for 87 days
See? You can't even understand your own bait correctly. Much like an islamist fanatic, you got told to attack the board, and obeyed. Now you are failing, and it's all about "b.b.but you are admitting I'm right who cares" when proven entierely wrong. Just end your pathetic croporate slave life already. This world miss your race.

>if it were so stupid to compare a console first sold in quarter 1 to a consoler sold in quarter 4

>only shows the sales of each console for the first 100 days of its release

Reading Comprehenshion m8.

first 100 days is part of 1st quarter, and Wii and Wii U launched during holiday season while the Switch launched at the end of Q1.

there has never been a console with a mainline pokemon game that has sold less than 50mil units

>physically large
I never thought i'd see Sex Genie resort to this argument

Does someone have the handheld version?

you are too stupid to understand a simple chart. it doesnt matter if its 87 days in that quarter or 97 days. even this guy here understands this. the only difference it would make is bigger sales during holiday season. the only thing you are doing is assuming it will sell just as good the coming q4 as it did before. they are going to need some big marketing to make up for that.

i meant this guy

this switch's performance is honestly pathetic. not even the landfills want them. it will be lucky to outsell the original xbox at this rate.

It's not "site" it's "cite" as in "citation"

Anyway when pic related happens, sales will be a sure thing. I wonder whether it will ever run GCN games