Did they fuck?

Did they fuck?

He just walked her gently.

The scene varies based on some affection levels, but in one of them, yes, clearly so. It was originally toned down from them coming out of the chocobo pen together instead.

Depends on a variety of factors.

The scene isn't always the same based on your choices throughout the game.

according to the writers, that was the original idea but as said, it was toned down

I really don't get why they toned it down. Meanwhile, Xenogears just doesn't give a fuck

Tifa is so cute I want to cuddle with her

>Get to this scene with a high affection level
>Cloud and Tifa walk back to the Highwind and everyone is there
>They tell them that they saw everything
>Tifa breaks down in tears in embarassment
>Cloud just shrugs his shoulders

As a side, why exactly were all their friends sitting there watching them fuck?

Did they fuck?

>You think Cloud is going to spaz out again and attack another girl?
>Fuck, are we going to have to intervene and save Tifa?
>Better watch to be sure guys ;-)
Man who fucking knows the party was a weird bunch

no way fag

The high affection one is the canon scene.

To be fair by that point everyone knows Sephiroth had control over Cloud's brain. Or at least he used to.

What a crew, eh?

OK shipfriend

It's the one that always gets written about in every version of the Ultimania. And it's the clostest to the creator's original intent.

The game was made in Japan...

Do THEY fuck? I mean, they do live under the same roof and all

>the chocobo pen
The fuck. They don't have any proper beds or cots on that huge ship?

Strictly platonic relationship. They spend their nights together discussing philosophy.

That look she gave him at the end of the movie promised some serious nookie.

I shipped these two so hard when I first played the game as a kid. I always maxed out Tifa's affection level and got the date with her, rather than anyone else. Childhood friend romance is a beautiful thing.

I imagine there's not much in the way of privacy. Probably bunks instead of cabins on the Highwind.

they probley started in a bed but just kept changing locations in the throes of passion

>throes of passion
>stop fucking, get up, and move to another room before resuming

>The original plans for Cloud and Tifa's moment under the Highwind were far more suggestive than the final product. Following a fade-out scene, Cloud was to walk out of the chocobo stable on board the Highwind, followed by Tifa who would check around as she left. This idea was rejected for being too "extreme", and a less risqué "toned down" version of the scene replaced it.
The implication is that Tifa, at least, was worried about being seen.

Is Tifa Asian?

we know who did

The novels make it clear that Tifa is still in love with Cloud. But they conveniently make Cloud emo about his illness, so they don't have to deal with his feelings over her. Square knows that a huge number of fans still ship Cloud and Aeris, and they don't want to piss them off so they won't buy anymore of their products.

>The novels make it clear that Tifa is still in love with Cloud
Do they really? I was under the impression she was more like a mom or something

In one of the novels, she lays down next to Cloud as he's sleeping and asks him if he loves her.

Yeah, but all the added stuff in Complete, and that little epilogue make it pretty clear that Cloud and Tifa are a thing, with Denzel being their adopted kid.
You could say the Compilation did more to torpedo Cloud/Aerith than anything else. Crisis Core being the major example where Cloud was being a major puppy towards Tifa. And of course all their non canon version like in Dissidia are all about each other one way or another.

My guess will be that the Remake will do away with it and just have Cloud and Tifa straight hook up.

...Oh.

Case of Tifa. But Case of Tifa also starts out with Cloud flirting with her and then getting flustered. So the feelings are definitely there but he's also pushing everyone away because he's sick and Tifa being Tifa keeps her shit bottled up as well.

>Xenogears just doesn't give a fuck
That explains disc 2.

no he just frenchkissed her a few times.

I don't get this either. This is way more "risqué" then the alternative that was cut.

People who ship Cloud and Aeris weren't paying attention to the game they claim to love so much. Though to be fair, Square Enix itself seems to fall into the same trap when they paint Aeris like some demure saint.

The whole thing was a misdirection from the start. It was a set up to subvert the traditional RPG story trajectory.

Aeris and Tifa invert the tomboy/white mage personality traits, with Tifa being the shy romantic while Aeris is the street smart conniver. Her promise to go on a date with Cloud was her being manipulative and poking fun at him. You even saw her do similar things at the Honeybee Inn when she was selling flowers for a thousand gil to the all the desperate guys.

You're supposed to get the misguided idea that Aeris is in love with Cloud but she isn't. In the end, every assumption that seems natural is turned on it's head: the conservatively dressed white mage is actually the rambunctious one, the top heavy brawler dreams of being saved by her prince, the hero was actually just a random mook instead of an elite fighter, and the first girl you see in the game is NOT the hero's true love.

The reason people forget this is because the game handles the misdirection almost too well. It pushes Cloud/Aeris a lot on disc one, what with Cloud's mom saying he should be with an older girl and Cait Sith doing his fortune reading. And by the time the big twist happens Aeris is too dead to clarify that she was really just taking care of Cloud like a big sister would and the "date" was entirely platonic. But how people could miss that when the second disc was ALL about tearing apart what you were lead to believe on the first, you'd think that would have gotten through people's heads.

dosent mean anything. you love your mother, right

I guess it's more ok for the characters to engage in voyeurism so long as it's subtle to the player. Clearly it worked, because you have people nonironically posting the OP.

A few things were toned down in the final. Originally, one of the houses where you can rest in Sector 7, instead of having the guy just offer you the bed he offered you HIS SISTER. The idea being that things are so bad in the slums that he has to pimp her out.

Man, that game really knew how to subvert tropes.

I think the only other one that managed to do that stuff real good was Suikoden 1 and 2 that also twisted stuff around like the heroes doing shady shit a lot or having some cold as fuck moments where you just throw a woman's body into the sewers for the greater good.

The answer to this is that most people played the game when they were pretty young and elements like unreliable narration and subversion of the jRPG story completely went past them, in favor of noticing the bombastic elements like Sephiroth wrecking shit. Did most players even note that you spend the whole game chasing Jenova, who broke out on her own?

How many times did she get fucked?

Because Aeris I guess.

If your affection was high enough

>inb4 permavirgins think Tifa got embarassed that the rest of the party caught her and Cloud "napping"

>I've never had a group of friends who find out two of us are fucking and as soon as we sneak back to the group they all give us shit for it

Get more friends Sup Forumsirgin, this shit literally happens all the time. Especially when one of your friends is a moron who constantly has cute girls hungry for his d but he's too weird to do anything about it.

wait a minute that image...

enhance

why are you fags suddenly using the word "ship" like this? do you know how stupid it makes you sound?

Youth is definitely a part of it. I sure as hell didn't get the full breadth of the story when I played it at 13 years old. Not just because of youth, either, but because I hadn't played enough RPGs up to even register that tropes were being subverted in the first place. I didn't have enough experience to have any expectations in the first place. But I also blame the lack of clarity for a few things on the way RPGs told their story. There wasn't enough benchmarking so it was actually pretty easy to forget some of the nuance of earlier plot points when there's 10 hours of dungeons before you get to the next story section.

Gonna be honest when I first played the game that was completely the case.
Hell the first time I met Tifa I thought she was Barret's wife and it became weird when she and Cloud got closer. It was only a couple of years later, I think after I beat Final Fantasy IX that I returned to it and only then really took note of all the shit. I also only mamaged to 100% the game and get the Zack scene in that playthrough too. It's really only on a second playthrough that you notice the little subtlies, like how Tifa acts the entire time when it comes to Cloud's memories.

Hey look it's the guy who actually played the game.

In fairness in the Compilation SE has done everything in its power to retcon Aeris from "cute flirt who knows exactly what she's doing" to "PURE SHRINE MAIDEN GODDESS ANALOGUE"

If the remake doesn't include her selling flowers to chads for exorbitant prices I'll be buttblasted.

That explains why tumblr likes that pairing so much

>Gonna be honest when I first played the game that was completely the case.
No shame in it user, I was the same way. It's a game that really benefits from replaying it when you're a bit older (and a replay in general, given the unreliable narration). As it stands, the game is simultaneously overrated (typical fanbase) and underrated (all the elements brought up).

I've given friends shit but I've never stuck around to spy on them in the act.

It at least makes sense why Aeris/Cloud gravitate towards each other in the first disc.

Aeris is sweet but she's more experienced in relationships, and likes teasing Cloud. She's also just focusing on this guy who reminds her a lot of her ex that she convinced herself left so he could bang other girls.

Meanwhile Cloud has all sorts of baggage around Tifa and wanting to impress her. Not to mention he's a literal mental case with weapon-grade insecurity. Then here comes this girl who flirts with him all the time, is willing to buy into him being a hot shit, and immediately wraps him around her finger.

Even if you get the date with Aeris at Gold Saucer, she pretty much drops the romantic pretense to confess that she realizes Cloud is bullshitting everyone around him, and wants him to be true to himself. But Cloud is again super fucking mentally unwell so he doesn't get it and then he beats the fuck out of Aeris and she gets murdered.

>If the remake doesn't include her selling flowers to chads for exorbitant prices I'll be buttblasted.
I'm convinced everyone is going to get their personalities completely rewritten. I suspect the whole game is going to go through something of a genre shift, like the difference between Terminator 2 and Terminator 3. The story beats will all be there but it's going to be filtered through a completely different lens, so to speak.

Well the compilation still makes a point of her selling flowers and I think it wouldn't even be too farfetched that her being the pure shrine maided archetype she could still playfully sell flowers to 'bad people' for more than they are worth while nice people like Cloud get them for 1 gil.
Of course that is ignong that even Advent Children showed her being playful like her saying "I don't want child like that" to Cloud who thought that she was his mother. They've basically just removed the flirt part.

>basically removed the flirt part

literally the best part of her character.

Also was it ever confirmed that she fucked Zack before the game?

Well they've confirmed the crossdressing quest like a million times and that's entirely Aeris' idea so maybe there's still hope.

That reminds me. If the trailers are to be believed they are going to make Cloud having a fucked up psyche a bit more pronounced in the remake, seeing as he already had a headache inducing flash in one of the trailers when he was pursuit by ShinRa troopers after the Reactor. Might be because he was recognized by that one trooper.

The earliest you could notice that something's wrong with Cloud in the original was in the honeybee manor if you went into that one room with the prostitue and Cloud collapses there, right?

It really helps if you play the franchise in order because each game builds on what came before it in a remarkably natural way. The FIRST GAME makes a great move like that. Your initial mission is to save a princess and it's only after you do that you're shown the title screen. Up to that point, saving the princess was the goal of entire games and here's Final Fantasy being all "nah mang, you didn't even see the title screen yet when doin' that shit."

>My guess will be that the Remake will do away with it and just have Cloud and Tifa straight hook up.
That's what I'm hoping.

Calling a spade a spade, user.

>If the remake doesn't include her selling flowers to chads for exorbitant prices I'll be buttblasted.
this,one of the best aspects of the game was the character's personalities,and i can already see it being destroyed as in crisis core even aerith was a gentile girl and nothing like this
i'm already mad

If Crisis Core is anything to go by there really didn't seem to be time for that to happen. They'd spend all of five minutes together before Sephiroth called him on another mission. He literally cockblocked Zack three or four times, eventually beat the shit out of him, and then killed his girlfriend. Swell guy.

How would they need to rewrite Tifa?

Cloud I can see, make him less of a douchebag and more of a "cool emo" dude he thinks he is even though the dude he based in on couldn't be further from that.

Technically the first sign is at the reactor when Cloud gets a headache and hears Zack's voice. Or maybe it's like the "real" Cloud/inner child Cloud but they never really specifiy.[/spoiler[

Barrett has a cuck fetish

Still wonder what really was up with Tifa that she volunteered for that shit. Was she so distraught at Cloud "being dead" that she was being self-destructive?

>that one scene where Sephiroth smugly tells Zack to go patrol the slums because he knows he has a gf there

Non-crazy Sephiroth was actually only a mild dick.

That reminds me. Even if the remake is 100% accurate it probably would hurt the end product more than help it. A lot of what made FFVII so good was that it was doing things that were new for 1997. Tough soldier dude dressing like a girl was comedy gold back then. Today half the cast of any Final Fantasy already looks like a trap. The whole thing is just going to feel like a dumb fetch quest to modern players.

Yeah. You could make the argument that Aeris loved Cloud romantically, but it was ambiguous. Meanwhile, It was unarguable that Tifa loved Cloud. Even the instruction manual said so.

I like the irony of that entire situation.

Ah completely forgot about that. I guess the remake having voice acting will help in that regard.

Hopefully by making it clear that Cloud's Nibelheim story freaks her the fuck out for most of Disc 1 and she's too terrified by what it might mean to ever talk about it with Cloud. In the original I only remember her starting to say something at Cosmo Canyon before she just changes the subject.

Yeah you can blame FF8 for that one. Apparently at the time of Xenogears production, Square took a lot of devs from it so they could work on FF8. Basically they wanted more development for their overhyped, much more anticipated sequel, rather than an unknown hit or miss game.

>Aeris is hung up on Zack until her death
>never knew he was trying to get back to Midgar to see her
>probably knows from Tseng that Zack really liked spending time with his Turk side ho

no wonder she was so eager to fuck Cloud

The date with Aeris at the Golden Saucer did not feel platonic to me. Aeris is smart and introspective, and she does feel like she starts developing feelings for the real Cloud, and she genuinely wants to help him, but then she dies. They definitely were going somewhere but alas.

Also God damn I still knew Aeris was going to die but I still weeped at the Ferris Wheel scene and at her death. I got very attached to her. She is a very unique character and it pains me that Square and the fans of the Cumpilation paint her as this pure angel when she just was her own thing... And while she might not have been a slut (keeping theories aside) she was not an innocent little flower either. She still grew up in the slums. And her lack of innocence and her ability to crack jokes at sleazy and/or dark things is something I will probably never see in a JRPG girl in a while.

The emptiness where her portrait used to be was a sad touch.

Or that nurse in Mideel that tells it straight to Cid's face when you go there after the first huge materia gig.

And Cloud made it pretty obvious she's his childhood love and Crisis Core hammers it in even more. The fun twist is that he was the one that had feelings for the other first, usually in RPGs it's always the girl that is in love first in those childhood friend pairings and here Tifa didn't give him the time of the day until after he was the only one to follow her up the mountain and then later promised her that he could be her hero whenever she needed him and she clung to that promise, though not so much that she didn't learn how to suplex tanks..

>then killed his girlfriend
Jenova killed Aeris, Sephiroth was dead and legless in the northern crater. It's unclear how much control Sephiroth has over Jenova (and vice versa), so you could still argue it was Sephiroth making it happen.

I don't know about Tifa but Barret is probably going to be less clownish. Guy was straight up hilarious in the original. They're probably going to make him a generic tough guy now. Though that's probably because of the super realistic style they're going for. Part of what helped FFVII's overall personality is the visuals. They could do things like have Barret punch Wedge into the ceiling and have it look suitably silly. They can't do that with this new style.

I actually think that FFVII's remake would be better suited in a Disney-like 3D art style like Frozen or Overwatch. It would better match the original character designs and you could retain the original tone. Everyone looks weird in the realistic style. They all look like cosplayers and Cloud's hair always looks like a wig.

She also started to on her Gold Saucer date in teh Gondola. She wasn't about to confess her love, she was about to confront Cloud.

Cloud x Yuffie is better

>it's the "Jenova was in control theory"
>in the year of our lord 2017

Sephiroth definitely become so fucked up Jenova monster after Cloud blew him the fuck out, but he's still the one projecting his appearance, manipulating the Jenova parts, and culling failed clones to give himself more Jenova cells.

Also Jenova doesn't give a fuck about Cloud, and Sephiroth literally goes out of his way to say that Cloud's a shit clone and not a real person because he's still salty about what happened in Nibelheim. Sephiroth's pride and desire for revenge is the only "human" aspect that he retains after all that shit goes down.

>And Cloud made it pretty obvious she's his childhood love
That's a really good point. The game opens with Tifa hammering Cloud about their childhood promise as he's about to leave her. But it's really Cloud who's been obsessed with Tifa his whole life.

She thought she would use the opportunity to interrogate Don Corneo about Shinra's plans to deal with Avalanche (dropping the plate on the slums). But of course she fucked up and probably would have got herself raped since, again, she's not as street wise as Aeris.

Ah now there is a switch I'm seeing coming. Tseng probably doesn't want to fuck Aeris anymore.
Or he still does and feels guilty about it because of Zack.

Good catch, forgot all about that one. Not that I have faith in modern SE writing, but that aspect will work much better if they pepper it in more often. Maybe give Aeris/Tifa a conversation together about it.

I'm thinking if they change Barret then yeah they are going to make him less of a nigga (heh) and more of a tough dude, but they also might pronounce his fatherly side towards Marlene more.

That's fair.

I'm bracing myself for the ebonics being gone. I mean, I know it's not like he talked like that in the Japanese. But it just won't be the same without it.

Barrett will probably be a generic badass. It's unlikely but I would love it if they let him clown it up a little. Like if they put censoring noises over his profanity ridden rants like how they used !%@^? gibberish in the original. But there's little chance of them putting him in his ridiculous sailor outfit.

Tifa being weirdly tight lipped about Cloud's flashback is the one big blind spot of the story. It's FFVII's "we're all from the same orphanage" moment. It's just a weird ass thing that the game forces down your throat and tells you to deal.

Barret being less of a clown is fine in the long run. He can still be a hood dude without the fucking Mr. T aping.

However if they changed Cid at all I will be fucking furious.

Yeah, I know. But still, damn.

>suddenly
that term started making its rounds on the internet before you did

Eh I doubt she would have gotten raped ( she had no problem beating his thugs alone), since once inside the room with him she could have just done the routine you do in the game. But she would have gotten killed due to his trap, since she alone probably wouldn't have done too well against his sewer monster

>he's never fucked in a stable pen surrounded by animal shit and piss.

How embarrassing for you under 18's must go

I mean there's at least a precedent for it. Some people are afraid to wake a sleepwalker for fear of making things worse, which is essentially what Tifa comes down to in the game.

They just do a shit job of conveying it, or displaying that Tifa is lying based on fears and insecurity. This is in part why she feels so guilty when she sees that Cloud is a vegetable -- it's directly her fault for not dealing with the problem sooner. But again, the game just sort of says that this is the case without laying the track through characterization.