Other urls found in this thread:

timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20171027T00&p0=538
soundcloud.com/candicethegame/digital-sex
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't have a switch

i preordered but the game probably wont be sold out

Nobody wants this game.

this

Not after how bad they fucked up Mario Kart I didn't.
Just gonna go to Best Buy Friday

Name one single person that actually gives a shit about this game.
76 on metacritic at best.

How much did you pay on Amazon?

Paid $50.87 after taxes on Best Buy, heard Amazon started cheaping out on their gamer service.

Go away, Malstrom.

Not op but games are $45 when you have prime. Shit's cash

>preordering games

I'll buy it digitally and play it at midnight.

>Not preordering with Amazon to get 20$ off

$47 with Prime

>know you want a game no matter what
>"Heh, I'm not an idiot. I'm not gonna preorder."
>go to store when it comes out
>no copies left and you don't get game

Thanks, doesn't sound much of a difference then. Mostly only buy games, so $30 for a year at Best Buy is a better deal than $10 a month (or $100 a year).

It's $80 Maple Bucks WITH Prime and that doesn't include release day delivery

Prime savings went down to 10% here

>buying physical copies of a game

I pre-ordered 3 months ago and still don't even have an estimated delivery date.

Generally I don't bother with games that will likely always be in stock, just LEs or niche games, but after getting the Best Buy membership thing I figured I may as well and get them on release day at my doorstep.

Currently the only other, non-LE, I have preordered is .hack//G.U. Last Recode.

It's only really worth it if you use Amazon to buy a shit load of shit

Not buying it
I chose Fire Emblem Warriors over Mario
and I probably made the right choice. FEW is a really fun game

just gonna buy it in the afternoon online after teh servers get a bit of rest from the mass amount of people downloading.

yep

One day all of your digital copies will disappear. Steam will vanish one day, and console servers will not be up and running for you to download the games you've uninstalled again.

Physical games last forever, as long as you take care of them.

>eshop servers
>withstanding a midnight release

tell that to the old pokemon cartridges with dead batteries and all save data wiped. Nothing lasts forever kiddo.

The added preloading with the newest update, actually.
Not that guy, though, I'm an amazonprimefag.

it's nintendo we're talking about. Odyssey literally isn't even available for preorder or preload yet despite switch adding these features.

And on that day, I won't have any interest on playing those games.

Why would I preorder a game that I don't want? Besides, I've seen everything it has to offer via the leak streams and they haven't convinced me to get the game.

I only buy digital when I have no choice, for example when a game uses Steam or doesn't have a physical release.

>hypothetical argument
One day your house will catch on fire and all of your games will be lost.
Bet you wish you had them on steam so you could just reform load them, huh faggot?

Amazon is going to fuck me over and not deliver on friday, I just know it. I even have Prime.

Redownload*

No, I'm waiting for the tik to drop.

>changes the battery
>they work
WOOOOWEE!

Well, yeah, so does everyone. If you have a choice to buy physical, though, you should.

Are you retarded? It's a guarantee that current gen consoles online features will be disabled during later generations. It's not a guarantee that a building will catch on fire.

>CDs slowly damage over time
>cartridges wipe your game save
>but thank god you have documented evidence that you purchased this title on your computer, so you can just download another copy of it, unlike the tiny Switch cartridge you lost between moving condos

What the fuck, I preordered in September and mine hasn't shipped yet.

>If you have a choice to buy physical, though, you should.
I do, basically all my PS4, Xbox One, and Switch games are physical.

>not pirating existing copies else where with cracks. Nothing gets truly deleted online.

eShop for me

timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20171027T00&p0=538

I pre ordered it digitally because I'm not a fucking loser

I wasn't talking about console specifically, but fair enough.
Even though by the time they disable those online features I wouldn't have any interest in the game anyway.

>pre ordering a mario
This seems redudant.

give me one (1) argument as to why you shouldn't without resorting to fallacies

>pre-ordered back in July
>shipping out tomorrow

Always take best care of your hardware and physical games, and do backups regularly.

i got 10 dollars off preordering it on amazon

For me, I think ahead about passing games along to my children like my dad did to me, so physical is pretty important for that. It holds more sentimental value when you have an actual real thing you can attribute the meaning to.

>changes the battery
>they work
DONT YOU DARE DEFEND POKEMON GAMEBOY CARTRIDGES WHEN THAT SHIT DELETES YOUR SAVE FILE

BGM4U
soundcloud.com/candicethegame/digital-sex

>All that save data gone
>rebuying batteries that will probably spike up in price for nostalgia fags
>Even fucking bothering when you can just emulate the piece of shit.

What are you going to do when your gameboy goes on the frits and gets fucked? Learn to solder? What if cpu is eternally fucked? Pay out the ass for those custom chips that are not even manufactured anymore?

>put all your games in a binder
>store binder in fireproof safe box
Worst case scenario I lose the cases, manuals, and console, but that can be re-bought fairly easily. The games, not so much.

Was going to originally but
>Mfw watching the stream
No thanks looks empty as fuck.

>Sales tax
I miss when they put a sheet of paper in your box saying you should pay your tax on stuff

It's not like it's GameFreak's fault. That's how electronics work, you mong.

>What are you going to do when your gameboy goes on the frits and gets fucked? Learn to solder?
What are you suggesting? Digital consoles? Sure, I can emulate stuff, but I don't really get your argument here. You expect me to go back in time and prevent myself from buying a Gameboy because it'll stop working in a few decades?

if you preorder from best buy you get a $10 coupon

>not being able to wait until at least a few days after the game has come out to see if it's worth your time and money
>encouraging distributors to cut content for pre order only

Get an Amazon credit card. 5% cashback from Amazon shit with prime. I get like $200 a year from them through that.

physical copies outside of rare games are worth jack shit if the hardware you are using to run them is rare itself. Hardware will get even more rare as time goes on. If anything the only thing that will hold value is hardware still working in 50 years.

same

Sure, electronics break, food goes bad, clothes go out of style, pets die. What's the point in buying anything?

To enjoy the moment you have with it, not hoard it and be autistic to think you can still play the fucking thing in like 20 years. Games online will never truly die so long as someone has a copy of it and another person willing to crack it.

>game is part of established series
>unable to come to conclusions yourself by watching gameplay videos and trailers/playing store demos
>implying brick and mortar stores have any pull and pay publishers for the privilege of being able to pull this jewish bullshit

>buying a physical copy instead of a digital one is now considered hoarding

>tfw I preordered it to arrive on release day but it hasn't shipped yet

I preorder from a local retailer.
Because i get the hat with it

The idea of holding on to a physical copy is the notion that a physical copy will never disapear which is retarded thinking. If you like a game sure buy a physical copy so you can jack it on the case, but to be so much of an annoying fag to berate others who do both digital and physical or one or the other is just autistic.

>every big game release
>people preorder it online and don't get their copies on release day
>next big game release
>THEY DO IT AGAIN
When will you people fucking learn? Do you really not want to leave your house to go to the game store on release day that badly?

What are the chances Nintendo is going to announce an expansion pass for Odyssey like they did for Breath of the Wild? Did anyone buy the BotW expansion pass?

If simply stating my opinion in greetext has you thinking I berated you, you haven't been here long enough.

>no man's sky
>hmm trailer looks pretty sick, e3 and other gameplay videos look cool!
>preorder a sack of shit
Worst case scenario, but a reminder of what can happen.
Also, interesting captcha

check file name. You are probably not the user i was trying to get a point across to. Most likely some fag who jumped in on the convo and i probably got baited.

Meant to add that SMO is a fairly safe bet for a preorder though, there's not much they could really fuck up at this point so that's a fair one.

Of course fellow user

>store pickup
Who the fuck did you order from?

Same, it pissed me off a lot at first but the reality is it's still more convenient than taking the time to drive to Gamestop or Best Buy and refuse all the bullshit they try to upsell you on.

bruh how did yours ship today mine aint shipping till tomorrow

>not waiting for the game to go down in price because not enough people preordered it.

>Nintendo games
>going down in price

this, even shitty Nintendo games don't get cheap.

This

I CANT FUCKING WAIT ANYMORE, I NEED TO PLAY IT NOW. IM LITERALLY SCREAMING INSIDE

>rebuying batteries that will probably spike up in price for nostalgia fags
Yeah I'm sure age old Gameboy games will really spike up the cost of a battery that's still being fucking produced.

>free student prime account
>20% off preorders

Fuck my GPA up, senpai.

You should charge your phone

>pre ordered during a special
>get game for half price
>got my shipping notification today

Thinking it should be here on time

>Delivery date pending
F-Fuck
My Best Buy and EB Games have never been sold out on opening day, so I'll get it on launch regardless

It sucks I have to work the day it comes out, and I work retail in electronics so everybodys going to be picking up the game/console while I wait for my shift to end, good thing it's a short one

I wish I could press a button to prevent people from playing this.

My console hasn't gotten a decent platformer since its release, and it's bullshit that Nintenmanchildren get one before me.... Time to die, Nintenmanchildren.

Amazon Mexico hasn't charged me yet.
I'm sure they'll do it early tomorrow, right?

All falseflaggers really should get shot.

At least with a physical copy I can sell it for when I inevitably get bored

How does Best Buy usually treat midnight releases? I might just head to FUCKING GameStop since I'm familiar with their midnight launch set up.
Any West Coasts getting the game at 9pm PST Thursday too?

it must suck being a nintendo only fan. no games to play inbetween big releases.

Im playin elex and south park to hold me over until odyssey comes

Some stores will have a midnight release, some won't. I think it's relative to where you live, you might have to wait until midnight as well.

There's a shitload of indies in the eshop, and some surprising gems in there to boot.