Odyssey is so good reviewers are giving it six out of five

holy shit Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ek_v3BX0RPc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So a 4/5?

HAHAHAHA
SO THIS IS THE POWER OF NINTENDO!

And yet this cunt only gave The Last of Us a 5?

Hahahaha metacritic 110% incoming! BTFO SONYFAGS

Sony is dead and buried... there's no way to fight back against this...

bros?

>Implying TLoU wasn't a generic cover based shooter that just happened to look very pretty

but Sony still has more global console sales.

>*Burps, wipes dorito crumbs off beard.* S-S-SO THIS GUY DIDN'T GIVE MY GAME A RATING AS GOOD AS FOR THIS GAME? O-O-OPINION DISCARDED
>user snickers to himself as the lightbulb in the basement flickers once more, and dies. The user barely notices as the orange light from his computer night mode tempts him to sleep, but to no avail.

>last of us 2 comes out
>SEVEN OUT OF TEN!
>metroid prime 4 comes out
>EIGHT OUT OF TEN
>Gone Homo 2 comes out
>TWENTY OUT OF TEN
>Super Mario Odyssey 2 comes out
>A BILLION AND TWO OUT OF TENNNNN!!!!

I honestly can't believe there are nu-male cucks who grow up and become video game """""""""""""journalists"""""""""""""

No no no no no no no NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!

This is such BULLSHIT. Fuck Nintendo and fuck the toddlers who enjoy it this shit is destroying our industry.

think there'll be some good Switch deals on black friday? I might cave and buy it, although there's only BOTW, Odyssey and maybe Splatoon 2 interesting me so far

Hahaha he's burning up!!!

I guess I have to hate it even more.

TLoU was the most revolutionary and politically important game this generation, if not this century. To dismiss it as a simple "cover shooter" not only shows your dismissal to the medium, but to the progressiveness of our culture in general.

I look forward to everyone suddenly calling it a mediocre game in 2018 after the GOTY award cycle is done. It happens every time; they review Nintendo high then redact their review and say it really wasn't that good.

No, you have to mod it, so its a 1/5

Good games are destroying 'our' industry. You heard it here first folks.

>6
Ah, then it's 6 out of 10. Well done, journalist.

Game-wise, maybe. As for the price of the system? No, it will almost definitely remain the same. At most, there will probably be like "buy a switch and get half off on any used switch game."

>Nintendo makes good games
>”destroying our industry”

Actually kys

Not with the 3ds and Nintendo mobile sales.

> the utter condition of sonyggrs

>nintenmongs will fall for this bait

X-Play/Extended Play still has the best and most clearly defined review scale ever.

At least put some efforts un your baits faggot

Revolutionary? There are literally no mechanics or themes in this game which can't have been found somewhere else. Politically important? Not really.

I don't play Sony or Nintendo games.

>le off the scale rating
>by some no-name who just made the most shallow review I've ever seen

>when the grade inflation hits and 10/10 means nothing anymore
Can't wait for the "20/10 it's okay -ign" reviews

The first 5 minutes are fucking fantastic, it allows the player to walk around and uncover details about the world through the environment by reading articles, looking at photos, etc. Joel runs into the house in a panic, you're still in control, the camera is still placed behind you, it's stellar. After 5 minutes of this the game abandons that innovation and replaces it with cutscenes between every location. It should have been a movie, game devs need to learn that games are a different medium with different strengths, and I can't praise a game that only understands that for the first 5 fucking minutes.

sure buddy. Why don't you go back to Neogaf, heard they opened it up again.

>Revolutionary
>Important
Yeah, no. It was a boring cover shooter with an incredibly boring story. One of the few games I actually dropped out of boredom. I spent more time in its PVP mode than I did in the main story.

It's just as boring and lifeless as any modern Nintendo game, like Mario Odyssey.

pcbros aren’t this assblasted about ninty

was it review kino Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=Ek_v3BX0RPc

But they are destroying our industry, our industry full of micro transactions, day 1 dlc and loot boxes. And that's a good thing.

It's probably hard for you to believe, but your generalized view of every console player doesn't apply to everyone. Everyone liking the same retarded shit and being salty at nearly everything is a Nintendo and Sony exclusive.

Wrong. You people are literally like cattle. I'm reading your post and all i hear is moo moo moo thanks for the grass

Nintendo charge you for online.
Nintendo put hard mode behind DLC for Zelda.
Nintendo put hard mode behind DLC for Metroid 3DS.
Nintendo sold additional characters for Mario Kart as DLC.
Nintendo use Season Passes.

They're just as bad as every other Jewish publisher.

I should write up a report on the correlation between you people and diaper fetishism.

>this is what NeoFags actually believe

SIX STARS

the gayest post I've read in a long time

>Oh Nintendo you spoil us
What did he mean by this?

Oh,so you've already played and beat Mario Odyssey? Tell me more about it then.

Answering a bait with another bait, nice try but you made it too obvious in the end.

That's the good thing about Nintendo games. If you've played one of them, you've probably played 'em all.

You do realize the game extends that same detail to the other locales you visit right? You even get extra dialogue for exploring certain areas, finding details and uncovering what happened in different places. It absolutely continues that exact design philosophy throughout the game. Even in those 'cutscenes' you talk about between each location you have control over the character. The actual in-game cutscenes are like an hour and a half long in a 13-15 hour game, it's not that bad.

>As if the latest Legend of Zelda wasn't enough of a reason alone to own a Switch console
Not only markets the game but also the console itself, this marketer deserves a promotion.

The only thing that can be argued is
> Nintendo charge your for online
But here is what your forgetting, its cheaper than what you'd pay for Playstation and Xbox multiplayer services.
While it is bad that we gotta pay for online now, at least we aren't gonna be paying so much for it.

No?

It has that philosophy sparingly, never near the amount that's present in the intro. I was on the fence about the game, started playing it and fell in love, and then after 15 hours I hated it. You go to a location, kill some guys, see through walls for some reason, avoid clickers by being quiet (?!?!?!?), loot the place, leave, repeat. All the while being completely disconnected from the protagonist. Riddle me this, if your protagonist is supposed to represent the player, and a massive part of his character is the bond he had with his daughter, why the fuck would you have the player CONTROL THE DAUGHTER IN THE OPENING? If they wanted that theming to work, they would have established a bond between the player and the daughter instead of killing the player off AS the daughter. Idk man, I just don't see how it's praise worthy.

>Four paragraphs is what counts as a review now

>t. nintendo branded outlet

The same could be said of almost any FPS, RTS, J/RPG ever. You just happened to pick the worst company to use as an example ever.

The difference between Skyward Sword and BotW is staggering. Same with Majora's mask -> Skyward Sword. Some of the Mario games can feel a bit samey occasionally, but it's a franchise made from one of the first globally recognised platformers out there. Hell, there's also 2d/3d Mario stuff, and they both play much differently.

I know they're objectively not good games, but Wii sports and Wii sports resort? Surely they're not similar to Zelda. Or Mario. Or Metroid. Or Xenoblade.

The only way you could have sold that statement is by saying "You play one 2d/3d mario, you've played them all."

You're paying less for a far shittier service, we're talking much worse than early ps3 online platform. As they improve it along the way, you're gonna pay more. You already went from not paying to paying just like it happened to sonybros.

3 hours of cutscenes, double if you add all the "gameplay" sessions with characters walking and talking

See, confirmed Sonyggger