Making a game

Here are the pictures of the weapons. Untextured mockups. You're going to shit all over them, but whatever, give them your best shot.

Are these supposed to be weapons?

that's pretty fucking badass, I love this weird exposed kind of scifi shit

Seems too long for anyone who isn’t a lanky faggot to hold.

I can't tell visually what any of these weapons are. Are they laser guns? Do they shoot like machine guns or rifles or rocket launchers

How big is this object? I can't get a sense of how it's meant to be held because of the tiny stock and pistol grip, then the gigantic front end.

you're either a fag or a girl if you think people should care about this, which would also explain why your designs are bad and why you're posting on Sup Forums

Too blocky and indiscernable
This one looks pretty cool tho

I'm pretty sure this is a knife. the finger grips look weird and uncomfortable, they need smoother curves and not blocky "finger slots". The blade is way too thick.

If this is supposed to be a knife, ballistic or not, those grooves in the handle are way too deep and far apart. You end up separating the fingers and fucking up the grip, making it super fucking easy to drop or otherwise just fly out of your hand. If your supposed to aim the point it's also way fucking harder.

Pretty sure this thread belongs somewhere sle but the guns look cash money dude
knife is a little wacky though

do those black nobs have a purpose because they look stupid

i don't understand how your supposed to hold that or which way it fires

where's the trigger

0/10 look at some real guns for fucks sake

Your polycount is bad and you should feel bad. No video game company would ever put shit like this into a game. You really need to learn how to optimize your content.

I fuck with these man. Keep it up.

its zirconium dioxide, it's supposed to be thick or it'll chip.

Looks so overly complicated, make them more simple

Could you perhaps elaborate on what kind of a game you are making?

I like the models, you certainly have talent in that aspect.

Over-designing things dosen’t always make them look good. Simple designs are usually more pleasing to the eye and look less retarded.

What do they do?
Can you give a short description for each?

so many different materials and colours, not saying it can't work but at the moment it isn't very nice to look at, would probably look nicer when actually in a game with shadows and lighting.

Looks like a sword

The top knife is made of zirconium dioxide, its a ceramic, so it needs to be thick, it's got to have deep cuts because the grip is rubber and the switch on it is supposed to be for an ionizer so that you can use it to stab through shields. Same goes for the other knives, the point is that you can reload the blade when it inevitably breaks, because its a super hard but brittle material. The second one is am emp pistol that does no pyshical damage but knowck down shields, so its useless except when used in an offhand slot, unless you're in a team, one dude puts a cone of shield distruption down over any shield and it'll be a nice big no-go zone or you can aim it at the same place you're using a pistol.

The concussion rifle, is a concussion rifle, it fires shockwaves.

Looking at real ceramic knives, it doesn't look like they need to be any thicker than steel or iron. The knife in the OP looks like the spine is as wide as the finger of someone holding it. It's too thick and blocky. Don't ask for critique if you're not intending to take it into consideration.

that checkered ring is out of place

these are pretty cool, you just need a more consistent color scheme

This is a cryo-gun it's going to have a small bubble of supercooled material floating beteween those 2 white rails, that its going to fire and freeze people with a sort of mercury coating, I know this is all dumb bullshit lore but i've got to come upwith a way of suspending disbeliefe by making it seem real, even if it's horsehis,t, because you can't make a cryrifle, because you're literally to energetically far away from absolute zeor for it to ever be useful or effective outside fucking around or making a youtube video.

Is this like an arm cannon? Kinda nifty, but doesn't make much sense if it is. Should have a big battery on it or something, not just wires.
Nah still shit. Needs more shape, if you're gonna have a sparse amount of guns you want them to be distinct and recognizable. This just looks like a big rectangle, carve some features into it and make it look comfortable to hold.

No it's not.

This is a decent design, but it needs some changes.

The stock of the weapon suggests a frankly ludicrous size, such that even the grip of the weapon would be too big around for a human hand.

Mind you, all of this stems from the scale of the stock to the weapon itself. You could fix that simply by scaling up the stock or removing it entirely. Judging by the forward grip, this seems like a heavy weapon to begin with, so perhaps it's better suited to carrying at the hip?

You don't to justify video game science. No one is going to make fun of you. As long as it looks neat, the physics are irrelevant.

user whatever you do don't post your polycount or I'm liable to have a fucking heart attack, all of these unnecessary wires alone probably add up to the tens of thousands. also stop being the equivalent of a high school girl calling herself ugly online when you make an OP you spineless fuck.

Basically looks like a sex toy, but hey, everyone wants a shiny dick don't they?

The concussion rifle is large, it's got a grip on the other side i'll post a perspective of it, but i literally have no fucking clue how Sup Forums works anymore and I can't even triforce so I can't tell you who i'm taking to, i know it's got something to do with the checkboxes, but hey, whatever.

Why do the rear whatevers go so far back for, and why isn't there a proper stock on it? Unless concealability or maneurvability are a concern, stocks are the way to go. Unless those things are removable for whatever reason, it looks like some California compliant abortion of a gun.

The removed triggerguard undercuts are stupid, there is a reason this almost never happens on any weapon ever. You're much more likely to fuck something up and either shoot when you don't want to or not when you do. Some cowboy quick draw guys will go with a reduced or even removed trigger guard, but all around it's a bad idea for anyone else.

If the "barrel", or whatever you're calling the point where the whatever comes out to kill things, is the silver cylinder on the bottom right then the picatinny rail should be on the bottom as well as the top, the height over bore on that is excessive and blocks and real optics that could be used in conjunction with what is that, some kind of laser?

Judging by the size of the stock, this thing is fuck huge, it looks like it should be on a tripod unless you have super strength or whatever in your game.

... which end do I stick my dick in?

I like this thread.

That stock is way too under developed for an overdesigned gun like that.

Bro I can't even tell what the advantage of this "knife" is even supposed to be. Even if you have some kind of sci-fi shit going on, we've pretty much mastered the knife handle, all of those cylindrical cushions on top are killing your polycount and aren't adding shit and the part you actually grip just looks dumb, where did you come up with this.

Arhcaci posting system is archaic, time-locks on posting? what is this,, fucking 2003?

You'll be better served about talking shit about it all until you've seen all the angles. I too think that Kanye west may be a nice man until he open his mouth on stage. And tom cruis isn't that bad a guy unless you let him near a couch or a religion, while hans blix looks like he's a fucking dictator, so, yeah. Chill motherfuckers.

OP, my main suggestion would be to study a little bit of ergonomic design. The scale of pistol grips and stocks and handles, and how and where weapons are comfortably held is not arbitrary. You have some interesting concepts, but they look unusable in human hands, detracting from the believability of the weapon.

Don't listen to this retard. Open machinery is a perfectly valid aesthetic if you're willing to put the work in. as long as you understand those wires are probably going to need some kind of physics so that they don't look too static while in motion.

Zirconium blades aren't actually that thick. It would make more sense if it was some kind of vibro-blade or something like that. Regardless, the handle of the blade needs to be more ergonomic.

I'd say either make the receiver portion thinner or the barrel thicker to that the weapon is more in proportion with itself.

I don't think the stock is the problem so much as the fact that the gun's silhouette kind of goes pear-shaped in the middle.

MOTHERFUCKER TAKE THOSE HEXAGONAL PIECES OF SHIT OUT OF YOUR STOCK FUCKING NOW, YOUR POLYCOUNT CAN'T AFFORD THOSE LUXURIES WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU. THIS IS VIDEO GAME DESIGN, YOU HAVE POLY BUDGETS IN VIDEO GAME DESIGN.

How high are you, and on what, you cocky son of a bitch?

I'd give the stock a cheek riser to help balance it out a little

Perfectly servicable minigun. I need to ask, what is that forward portion? Motor for the barrel? You'll have to animate that, so you might be better served to have it inside the chassis and save yourself some work.

Your ring is too high up, it should be connected to the handle itself, instead of pushed up a little bit presumably so your thumb is on the switch on the back but even then, the way that would be gripped is awkward because your pointer and thumb would be choking the shit out of one area so the rest of your hand wouldn't grip properly.

This is me. I didn't mention his early but I actually make knives and shit and have been corrected for the same stupid mistakes. The finger grooves are better, just move the ring down a bit but don't move the switch, and then the grip would be much better. What I don't care for though are the square cut outs on the blade. Maybe that has something to do with the emitting pulses, but any way you look at it that's a structural flaw for an edge no matter what it's intended use. Someone merely has to baton the edge and your emp knife is broken.

This, actually. I think the simple stock design would actually benefit if it was just one long elliptical cutout instead of the erector set look you have right now.

I dunno if you guys know this but when you're making a gun, you don't usually make it to have a fancy stock that has wifi and a fleshlight in it. Its a fucking piece of metal that makes it more accurate. I'm not putting a valet parking service in something that's using a powersupply that's from metal contact gloves.

This is actually a lot smarter than it looks, it's a metal storm rifle, and it's ALMOST an equilateral triangle. I you rotate the stick around it's axis, the slope from 59 59 62 degrees it creates (its more complex mathematically than that) allows the gun to be orgonmically angled to be in tune with th narutal reasint motion of holding the sape, so it can be rolled back up into a flat triangle, its basically a flat-pack gun because Ikea in space. I made a shittier one that's square which i'll upload, but its really a lot less brilliant, and it was just a way to help me learn autocad, so it'll end up as a background item in a room surrounded by test tubes and shit.

motherfucker I've about had it with your shit, you've got so many unnecessary bevels in here its like you're a concerned parent child-proofing the fucking house of all sharp corners, I'd love to see you get that shit in engine and running without framerates comparable to a fucking Powerpoint presentation you fuck.

Look at the length of your stock compared to the size of your pistol grip. If you held this like any traditional rifle, your arm would be almost completely extended just to reach the trigger, and forget about your other arm holding the barrel. Wayyyy too far out. Shorten the bejesus out of that stock.

>using CAD to model game assets
I have some bad news, user...
You need to retopo all that shit in a real modeling software (Blender, Maya, 3DS Max, etc.) and then bake.

This one is already a lot different looking and this file is old, its a liquefier rifle. Like i can go and dig for the newer version but this website is slow as shit and i keep geting captchad.

I'm down for the sleek consumer-electronics look the thing has. My concern is that fucking hub-cap looking thing connected to the front. I have a sneaking suspicion it's a fucking sprocket turning the barrels.

alright you bitch I have to convince myself you're baiting super fucking hard or I'm liable to lose my mind because that trigger has so many unneccessary faces in it that any manager worth his fucking paycheck would tell you to merge those edges into one shape, you would NEVER see those shapes in ANY view that would be used in a game because its the fucking TRIGGER. All of those polys are going to something the player WOULD NEVER SEE.

How do you take these apart for maintenance? To me it looks like you can not, making the design just scifi trash.

Stock should not be on the same level as the mussle, it looks ugly and makes it uncomfortable. Look at the Finnish RK62 where the stocks are bent in a slight angle to get around this.

Captcha is just a part of life here. Get used to it if you want our input.

Also, yes I think you had damn well better find the new model, because that thing looks like someone tried to 3D print their own supersoaker while drunk.

The Hungry-Dinosaur shoulder rest is completely bonkers.

>because that thing looks like someone tried to 3D print their own supersoaker while drunk.

Dohohoho

now this looks life a proper tool / weapon
something you could get a proper grip on

ITT OP attempts to create sci-fi guns based on a vague memory of maybe one time seeing a real gun when he was an infant. LOOK AT REAL GUNS BEFORE TRYING TO DESIGN YOUR OWN.

I don't like ragging on original stuff that's posted on Sup Forums because I genuinely want to be encouraging, but damn these are bad. It's usually the stock that ruins it.
This is the only one I kinda like because exposed science stuff is cool to me, but it still doesn't look right.

GAVE ME A CONCUSSION JUST BY LOOKING AT IT LEL

10/10 design mate, very effective

I actually dig these kinds of designs, keep 'em coming OP.

>right handed grip
>you have to mount it on your left shoulder to look through what I think are the sights on the side (they look like the male end of an electrical plug)
>for some reason we need to run a wire from one random spot on the weapon to another

This...is not going to work.

Aiming mechanism?

Also, assuming this is going to be viewed FPS right handed, all that junk will never be seen on that side and it's essentially wasted resources. If it's 3rd person or you can shoot left handed, that might be different.

These fucking weapons reminds me of when I used to try to draw "cool" video game weapons in elementary school decades ago. Jesus Christ.

Frintish view, it's a microwave rifle. Its tough to explain the animations and effect i'll be using because i specifically dont'want a single visual style because the world isn't made by 1 company, because this isn't the hitchiker's guide, and everything made by fucking everyone and they all have their own idea of what they want, so it'll have a style but it'll be inconsistent, so i'm not trying to make it all look like bf2142,(except the railgun which totally is from 2142 somehow)

i won't be optimizing my content specifically because I'm not going to make the same game we've all played 200x, I'm going to make it fucking ray traced and if your pc can't handle it, well then my balls are feeling rather unsucked by you right now, so it's not going to be a commercial success, as for polycount, I'm not z-brush. Why the hell should I make more of the same when you all bitch about it every year OH NNO MORE LOOTBOXES PLOX. There is no point optimizing polycounts, because I want something that works in the real world, even if it works badly. This is all done specifically in autodesk inventor. If it doesn't look like it could really exist and justify itself physically in some way with some kind of realistic sicencei no matter how implasiable and low probability, then it's not going in the game. So if you want your game to look like 1 style, then you're going to have to see the final product and go from there. I'm really glad my ferrari sandwitch this morning with the ferrari eggs and the ferrari sausage form my ferrari fridge and the glass of petrol i had this morning helped me get all fired up. I'm going to walk down my street to ferrari and buy some red pasta and some bright yellow blueberries with a horse logo on them. Ever played warframe? Its basically a mod for CSS.

Someone save this.

Are you on coke?

Space katana.

wat

>OP is secretly getting feedback for Bethesda on the new Fallout games weapons

Motherfucker you won't be able to get that game running if you don't reduce these polycounts to like a fourth of that they are, you hear me? These wires aren't doing shit for you or anyone who would play your game, you've got cylinders and rounded edges out the ass, rigging and texturing that thing is going to be a bitch. You need to look up the very BASICS of modeling with game design in mind, this weapon will never come anywhere close near a game ready state the way it is now.

Someone get /k/

The cutouts on the grip would make this uncomfortable to hold.

>. I'm really glad my ferrari sandwitch this morning with the ferrari eggs and the ferrari sausage form my ferrari fridge and the glass of petrol i had this morning helped me get all fired up. I'm going to walk down my street to ferrari and buy some red pasta and some bright yellow blueberries with a horse logo on them.

what the actual fuck am i reading

Shoots a cloud of metallic powder across the room to make a conductive pathway, and then electrifies this pathway, flakes are magensium or aluminium and iron, so thermite lightning gun.

You're shit, you're modeling is shit and your way of dismissing any and every bit of critical thinking coming your way is shit.
Go to whatever site you came from if you want to be jerked off for your below average work.

I was right. I really like this thread.

I swear to god if that grip is concave I'm not giving any more advice on melee weaponry. You may as well make an alien head with tentacles as a weapon at this point and go full Gorgonzola mysticism cuz if I were actually in that game none of these melee weapons would be worth shit especially when your making fucking microwave ray guns

This entire post lmao, also
>There is no point optimizing polycounts

Bro, I really can't understand whatever it is you're trying to say but you seem to be upset about the feedback you're getting. You wanted feedback and you got feedback. Sorry we weren't able to fucking divine your retarded ass autism about whatever the fuck it is you're trying to make in your head based off a couple of pictures and absolutely no other context until you start crying that no one understands you and that we should just ignore stuff that doesn't make sense. That's what criticism is, even constructive criticism, you retard. Pointing out shit that doesn't make sense. If you're design is some kind of "LOL SO RANDUMB ANYTHING GOES" then anything and everything posted doesn't matter because guess what it doesn't fucking matter.

Once again, I don't understand how a person holds this gun.

Are you an alien? Is this some kind of first contact? You talk like a maniac and your models don't look like anything a person could use.

I'm so irrationally mad at all of this, these designs hit me in all the spots that I reserve for shit I hate about game design.

Orthographic view, because someone was asking some shit about perspectives. Cant fucking read all these replies so I'm just gonna assume its 99% ant fucking.

Finally, a game after my favorite TV show

Excellent thread

op sniffs coke before starting threads

HOW DO YOU HOLD IT

how many fucking wires does one gun need?

For the /k/ommandos in this thread: What's your opinion on the weapons from Unreal Tournament? Do their design make sense to you?

Dear lord I'm crying

How do you hold this monstrosity

I like concept, at least

View belt, it is a microwave rifle. It will be difficult to use the animation and explain the effects, as there is no one scenic style, because 1 company has not made the world, because this is not the competitive guide, and everything Fucking everyone makes their ideas all of them what they want, so they will have a style but it will be inconsistent, so I do not want to do it all like bf2142, (rather than the full railgun from 2142 in a way)

I will not be using my content specifically because I'm not doing all of the same 200x game, I'll be doing a fucking hair and if your computer can not handle it well , then my women are feeling that you want to be right now, so commercial success is not going on, because of the public, I'm not brushing. Why should I be more the same when you do all about OH NNO MORE LOOTBOXES PLOX. There is no best advantage to a point, because I want something that works in real life, even if it works badly. This is done specifically in the autodesk inventor. If it does not seem that it could really be and I would physically determine myself in some way with some sort of realistic sicencei regardless of the implantable and low probability, then it's not in the game. So, if you want your game to be like 1 style, then you'll need to see the final product and go out of the place. I'm very glad that my sea is ferrari this morning in the morning with the ferrari eggs and the ferrari window and I send my ferrari refrigerator and the petrol glass I made in the morning that I got all the money. I'm going to walk down my street to buy ferrari and buy some red pasta and some blue-blue blue blueberry blueberry. Ever anti-war? In essence the CSS mode is.

Its bizarre yet telling that this thread has gotten replies.

It's direct proof that high poly high-detailed-shaders are enough to convince Sup Forums that a game is good. You have no argument against literally choosing graphics over gameplay. It doesn't even matter if the design is good or logical, as long as its smooth and shiny it passes for praise.

Sad. You're only as smart as fish biting a hook.

I like the part where it looks like some Crocs were ripped up and added to the top of the gun