EA DOES IT AGAIN

dev.reviveheroes.com/

EA IS ORDERING THE PEOPLE BEHIND REVIVE TO SHUT DOWN THEIR SERVICES

Other urls found in this thread:

battlelog.co/servers.php
youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE
reviveheroes.com/notice.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

After all these years,EA finally finds a way to become the true cancer incarnate.

just buy Battlefront 2 bro haha
support the best publishers out there!

>EA shuts down yet another studio

Yawn. Tell me something I don't know. This is practically a monthly ritual for them.

Bloody shame there isn't a actual efficient way to boycott them since, ya know, there'll always be poor saps buying their shit regardless.

Hypothetically, what would happen if one of these "fan projects" told the publisher to fuck off?

>revive
who?

Its not a studio,they were keeping Battlefield 2 alive with their own private servers.

They can't keep getting away with it

I knew Valve was scummy af

Shut it down or we'll say you hurt gay people.

>Waa. EA wont let me steal and distribute their intellectual property . Waa

STOP
KILLING
GAMES

EA would bear down on them with the might of their massive fucking legal team. Even if the revival project were using 0% of BFHeroes code or assets, EA would still bring them to court and the legal fees would be astronomical for this little fan project dev team.

Here comes the first EA cocksucker

Were they actually distributing copyrighted content? That's pretty retarded.

>Being illiterate

>EA won't let me support their discontinued IP that they don't even sell anymore by supporting it with our own servers, at our own cost.
Yeah no EA is shit.

If they're doing something like that, it means they'll "revive" the offical servers

they would get sued, intellectual property is a shit and EA would win in court, whoever was trying to kep alive an old online game would have to shut down or to be shutdown by the police and probably pay EA a couples shekels for all the troubles

Who do you think you're baiting?

y tho?

Do they assume that old games are somehow preventing people from buying their new shit?

Right after they bring back Dark Spore :^)

Actually kill yourself.

Why would EA ever be interested in BF2?

>game that they no longer give support or service
expected nothing of a EAslut

battlelog.co/servers.php

?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
just like how the blizzcucks think they will have vanilla servers right?

You can't download the client anymore

good goy

Does this only affect Battlefield Heroes or is it 2 2142 and Heroes

Ok? The problem was that they were hosting copies of battlefield games, surely all they have to do is just offer the mod to get the online working and then require people source their own copies of the original game files right?

well they saw the amount of people playing and now will finaly launch 2143

about fucking time is you ask me

so does this kill the entire revive thing or just that game

someone will upload it any moment now

You know whats really jewish? Stealing others IP

Time to move on

>shitting where you eat

I don't know but there's no reason to shut down revive servers if they won't bring back the online support. Maybe they'll give servers to GOG like they did for battlefront 2

>putting a forgotten and unused IP to use for a small amount of fans is stealing
EA thanks you for your (((service))) goy

i can tell you never created anything worth protecting or copyrighting therefore have no say in this matter

thats not a knife

Yeah that's why successful indie devs are so protective of their IP. OH WAIT

GAME IS A SERVICE GOY!
YOU CAN'T SUPPORT IT! WE SHUT IT DOWN!
BUY NEW BATTLEFRONT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The latter

its because those game dont have lootboxes.

If EA really cared about their creations to the degree you preach there wouldn't be a need for a fan supported version of the game.

EA Just wants everyone to hate them.

Maybe if we all buy the new Battlefront 2 and buy enough lootboxes EA will be kind enough to put up some of their own servers.

I think I'm going to go kill myself then, it was a good run, but now I'll never get to lace up in the boots of the PAC. Goodbye 2142, and fuck EA.

everyone who buys EA games deserves to be ridiculed and mocked until the end of time for their lack of self control and general shit taste

they can, and it will only get worse
youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6-u8OIJTE
I can already see the faggots saying if you don't like it just don't buy it and ignore :^)

No user. Please wait until 2142. The shitposting is gonna be great.

EA would likely lose if they weren't using anything copyright but it doesn't matter. They threaten to sue because they know you can't afford to fight it not because they think they can win.

The truth is, if you could get a competent lawyer, the big studios would almost always get fucked in court because their basis for suing is usually total bullshit.

It's also why you don't see it that often. The last time a company actually sued that I remember was Sony and Bleem. Bleem died but Sony got fucked and they fucked the rest of the industry with them (lucky for us) and that was Sony in their prime with the best lawyers money could possibly buy.

Means nothing of the sort. They stop certain projects and allow others because of the conditions related to IP ownership.
EA Allowed the community master server for Battlefield 2 because the only thing being emulated was the replacement for GameSpy. Those servers are still up.

EA Allowed that fan project for C&C Renegade, "Renegade X" because the fan team remade the game from scratch on a different engine with entirely their own assets and operated under the condition that they could not earn a profit from the game directly.

EA just now stopped Heroes Revival because the project is using all of BFHeroes assets, including all of the microtransaction items. Even if Revival did not earn a single cent from it, they are distributing the game and its assets; doesn't matter that it's free, the items are not. That is an infringement on the IP and EA has to take action otherwise their copyright holding can become jeopardized.
Unlike Sony v Bleem, Revive Heroes is literally BFHeroes, engine, assets and all. They would lose instantly to EA in court.

>tfw none of us here will live to see 2142

we joke about it a lot, but really defending EA or thinking they're alright is really some twisted ethical shit, like kicking animals or enjoying Adam Sandler movies past 2010.

Yes because deep down they know that their new shit is trash and that if people play the old games they won't touch whatever they're shitting out now.

I kind of liked that one about Adam Sandler dying of cancer. Can't remember if it was after 2010 or like right before it.

RIP 2142

wait what year was Click cause that one was okay.

As I recall DICE helped Revive to set up the BF2 network and port the existing accounts to their database. Why is EA pulling a 180° now?

I could if my genes and medical science are good enough.

BFH, probably.

I wonder how many people went along with his plan to send a buncha letters to EA.

Has anyone actually read the notice though? I don't think they have a problem with people running private servers. Their problem is using their logo and having download links on their site. If they only provided a launcher they would be fine
reviveheroes.com/notice.txt
Also holy shit is that "How do you do fellow kids meme incarnate"?

it is okay when nintendo does it

Reading the notice reviveheroes.com/notice.txt it seems that EA is just mad that they distributed the game client and used their logos etc. This looks like is going to be the end for BF:Heroes, but I think 2142 and 2 will live on, only they will now ask for you to have your own legal game copy.

Can an american explain to me why can't they just use a public lawyer when some company threaten to sue you? Your country don't have lawyers ready to serve it's citizen that can't afford one?

>Videogames have been the center of an invisible war for almost a decade now
Dark times ahead.

Go fuck yourself you corporate dicksucking bootlicker.

That sentence was part of my new book "neck yourself". I've created somethig worth protecting and copywriting.

This.

That was a heart attack I think. He became a fatty in that one.

Or you're talking that one that semi successful one that appeared as a Netflix exculsive

EA is literally satan

I blame gamers

I'm a demon spawn and can confirm this.

>C&D for battlefield heroes specifically

who cares? that game was garbage.

Does this mean EA might re-release old classics like Battlefield 2 on Origin with fresh servers?

This is EA user.

ex-revive mod here, it's a damn bummer.

ask me anything I guess?

What is your opinion on the new Wolfenstein?

>you can't judge something if you haven't done it yourself!!!!!!
kill yourself shill

fucking disgusting

its fucking awesome

Along with Doom4 it's a refreshing new wave of single player FPS games.

I've yet to play it but it looks very fun.

they gave you bf2, 2142, and heroes. if it was just a mod with servers and didnt give you the game it would proably still be alive

The problem is if the lawyer doesn't smell a big payday he's just gonna do the bare minimum work possible.

This is why in MURICA!!!! you see lawyers fighting passionately for millions of dollars for dumb fucks who tripped down a sidewalk and got a broken bone or something, cause they know it's an easy win. Hell if they're any good they won't even charge you for it, they will just bake their costs and rates into the lawsuit itself so the people paying millions have to pay 5-6 digits to the slimy fuck as well and he gets to look good with his client. Since you're not really gonna win and the best outcome for you is getting your case thrown out those lawyers will never really fight, they will just sit there and take it.

Whoa there buddy, you can't say that here

if you get reported enough pretty much anything will get banned, that's the case on pretty much any board.

also your banned post is pretty much the most unoriginal, unhelpful brainless splatter of words that any person could look at and say 'yeah thats a shitpost'

"Funny People" was indeed 2009.

lol u tk him2da bar|?

I see. Thanks.

>Sup Forumsbabby upset that mods are doing their jobs
Hilarious but not unexpected.

>Sup Forumsbabby
The fuck?

EA: "drop your weapons"....
BF2 players: "i will not give that order"......
EA: "DROP YOUR WEAPONS!".....
BF2 players: "I WILL NOT GIVE THAT ORDER, SIR!"

yeah cool so we can have dedicated grenade and knife buttons with quick time events and self repairing self rearming vehicles and regenerating jelly health on my fucking screen nah fuck you cunt

Did I lose my unlocks?