Chaos;Child discussion thread. What did you think about it, what did you like the most and the least about it?

Chaos;Child discussion thread. What did you think about it, what did you like the most and the least about it?

I like that I get to pretend that I'm deep and cultured because I read an anime picture book with a nonsensical semicolon in the title.

Finished it yesterday. I loved it. Probably one of my favorite VNs.

Tell me user, what was your favorite part?

>We will never meet again, our paths will never cross, and that's how we'd live our lives, together.

I really liked it. The ending left me with an empty feeling the past few days, and I've just been listening to Silent Wind Bell over and over.

op here, literally same

Exactly how many dollerydoos would you part with at most for this?

Really having a hard time justifiying a VN for full retail.

It's just too sad of a conclusion, even moreso because of how reasonable it is. Just knowing that they can never meet ever again despite how much they both care about each other is too heartbreaking.

I would say wait for a sale. I got steins;gate like some months back or so for like 5 or so dollars. Still playing it like 4 or 5 months later. I'm taking my time and some times I forget i have a vita so i really have been taking my time.

Science Adventure series is an embarrassment

Yeah same, got SG and SG0 for around $10 each.
Had a really comfy time with them though, this is tempting, even at $60 strayashekels

Nah. Just S;G0.

Up to you but if you really want it and theres nothing else you're playing why not?

PC PATCH WHEN?
>S;G zero PC patch was released in 2-3 days
What the fuck?

The person who did S;G0 is busy apparently and just dumping the text into it is causing problems.

Hey, kid.
Wanna solve some murders?

>just dumping the text into it is causing problems
hell, even in japanese the pc port had problems like crashing a lot if you're on win 10
but then you could say the same thing of the S;G0 and the new S;G port

lmao the port is actually not performing on full FPS on my potato of a PC
AND IT'S A FUCKING VN WE'RE TALKING ABOUT

I love Serika.

>can't make good PC ports.
>release their VNs on fucking Xbox first.
lel

Danganronpa V3 need DX11 for launch. And this is fuckin VN too. Japanese developers

V3 is also 20GB on PS4/PC.
What the hell?

I really don't like how they unloaded the big secret about Chaos Child Syndrome and then had it all neatly wrapped up about an hour of reading later. Or how they resolved it by Kunosato exercising her sue powers in one of the most hilarious cases I've ever seen
I also don't like Kunosato in general. She can rot in hell with the Robotics cast

I still have absolutely no fucking idea what made them do that
at least Danganronpa has gameplay and visual effects, Spike Chunsoft ports literally everything they have to PC and they work fine at least so they're good to me

>near the end of common route
>"Oh hey, there's actually a digital manual in the menu!"
>see Senri sprite
>remember one line Nono said that really bugged me
>everything clicks
Goddamn, why do they put spoilers in the most unnecessary places?

what line was it?
and hell, one of my favourite things about C;C is the moment when everything clicks for you whenever that is, I got spoiled and it still feels impactful for me

I haven't played it yet. I bought the game but I'm going through Yomawari Midnight Shadows beforehand.

At least she was called out for being a huge bitch unloading her stress on schoolkids who have no connection with her whatsoever several times in the game. Mostly by Takuru and Hinae, but still.

>what line was it?
Before meeting Serika in the school, Nono said that Takuru couldn't have been with Serika when he saw the experiment as a child - he was alone..
At first I thought that maybe Senri told Nono about him, but the more the plot progressed the less sense it made, so seeing the sprite finally made me realize the truth.

Not that guy, but for me, The moment when Itou calls and blatently reveals he's killing whatsherface, I checked him off the suspect list which only left Serika. It was a pretty crazy moment for me

Maho is, by far, the best SciADV girl.

The true nature of Chaos Child Syndrome really didn't get enough foreshadowing. Just a slight hints with Mio near the end of common, and then even smaller hints from Neidhardt. I mean, I get that the hints can't be too obvious because the the Children literally delude themselves to not knowing about their condition, but it does feel like it comes out of nowhere.

>what did you like the least about it?
All of the side routes except Nono's. Especially Hana's, holy cow. At least it had our best boy Takumi.

technically Hinae's ending too except you wouldn't even be thinking about it until after you'd finished the True route and come back

Silent Sky > Over Sky > Real Sky > Dream Sky > Another Sky > Dark Sky > Deep Sky

Uki's route is worse than Hana's for me

But that's a doggy, user...

I felt like Chaos Child Syndrome is a pretty harsh criticism on modern Jap society - people living in their own special world, feeling special, each perpetuating other's illusion while unable to accept the actual reality. It's especially apparent in Wakui's speech in True route, I think.

Say that to my face and not in @chan and see what happens.

The last thing I want is for my two favorite sciadv girls to fight

They can't fight; Maho would bite off Hinae's twintails with her canine teeth.

Is this like a Steins;;;;;Gate thing

No, it's more like Chaos;;;;;Head that doesn't shit itself in the later half.

O shit, I forgot the delivery was in. Wait, did I order anything recently? What do you think, Sup Forums?

It's probably this.

I'd guess it's yet another of these handy-dandy flip-phones. Am I right, user?

can you actually hear the strap during Don't Look At Me at the start of the game or was that just engineered into the video version for the plot

Yeah I heard it on replays.

I really have no idea what's inside. Do they really pack smartphones like that nowadays? The last one I bought was quite a few years ago, so I wouldn't really know.

It still looks pretty handy. Hope you have fun with it.

Still pissed Chaos;head and Robotics;notes aren't on PS3 or PS4 Or an official Western PC release. I hate PC gaming but I can pretend my laptop is a console with HDMI and a controller.

The latter only got a Japanese Xbox release. Yeah I know these games are ultra niche. But either release a series completely or don't fucking bother at all.

Oh hey, it's the froggy I ordered! And it comes with the smartphone, too!

that's a flip-phone you idiot

Yeah but smartphone manufacturers usually put their logo on the box. Provided you buy directly from their site.

>girls
Uh.

So, how does the cosplaying waitress fit in the grand plot? Is she another Committee member that monitors the situation?

she's just a waitress, I'd assume.

So, I've heard that Sumo Seals were actually a real phenomenon in Tokyo. Does anyone have a gallery with the photos or something?

I wish Noah were translated. Feels bad that C;H gets so much shit due to both a shitty anime and unfinished game.

this is sci;adv anyone with a sprite is automatically suspicious
>tfw suspected gen all the time

What are you gonna do? Bark in my general direction?

>Takuru mistook THIS as a trap
Goddamn fag needs his glasses checked.

>yfw listening to Silent Wind Bell for the first time

Woof.

And then you look up the translated lyrics for more pain.

Yes.

Fun fact: Itou Kanako, the singer, wrote the lyrics herself after she read the game's script

I thought it was something like that. The lyrics are from Takuru to Serika, after all.

VNs aren't video games, get out.

is this on PC?

I have a Vita but I can't update it since its hacked.

Oh, that's neat. Is there an interview or something about it?

Whenever Committee of Zero will do it.

I have no idea, actually, that's what I've been told, but I know for SURE that she's the lyricist, she's listed as such everywhere.

Personally it totally clicked for me when I watched the OPs after getting Over Sky and seeing Senri's silhouette wielding Nono's Di-Sword in Singularity.

If I paid close attention to both OPs when I started the game, then I probably would've figured it out way sooner.

Do you need to have played Chaos;Head to understand Chaos;Child? I've only played S;G and S;G0

C;H Noah and R;N are on PS3, though R;N Elite is still Vita only. Doubt we'll get either until they eventually get ported to PS4.

C;C works well with standalone. It does reference Chaos;Head, but only the general plot or summary of events.

>yfw FESSU appears in the normal ED credits

Nah, they're basically entirely separate stories only with few shared concepts.

gift boxes for every one~ with wind bell that is silent

Well?

Smug always need

She really didn't fit any ending besides the common route one desu

Hinae for marriage, Serika for sex on the side, Senri for one night stand

Serika for marriage and loving procreation. Hinae for one night stand. Nono and Uki for familial bonding. Hana for gaming buddy.

Mio never cause no route.