Flash Cartridges

>Flash Cartridges
This is gonna bite Switch players in the ass in the long run right?
Don't they have a fairly short lifespan?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HzOF-wy73MA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Solid State shit lasts longer than anything.

Should have added a HDD to the doc with a way to quickly download games onto the SD

You're thinking of old school cartridges.
These things are basically SD cards.

it doesn't matter because they'll all be emulated before they effectively die.

Never ever

It's the third party games that are the problem, cartridge version LA Noire still requires a 14gb download.

just reading, no writing, so a million years?

Nintendo keeps getting hacked every generation and Xbox still has no emulator

Old cartridges don't use flash memory, the games are stored on ROM chips. Those things last forever.

No they don't because the save battery dies eventually.

Delete your posts pls. You're ruining my thread.

You can easily replace those and they last a couple decades.

kek

the game itself functions, you just can't save until you swap the save battery

the switch is glorified mobile hardware, AND a Nintendo product. it WILL be emulated.

Yeah, but that's RAM. The actual game data is far longer lasting.

You think that's bad?
you should TASTE them

It's already turning off third parties. There is supposedly a larger cart that Nintendo is holding back.

i dont consider shit failing after 10 years bad and its going to last longer that that

That has less to do with the security of the Xbox or the 360 and more to do with no one giving a fuck about them. Their software is built on Windows, for Christ's sake.

16gb onboard limit is what will bite if anything. Dual layer blurays can hold 50 and some games are pushing higher than that now. Granted the switch isn't going to render the textures that inflates file size like that, but there's already some games out that require an extra download for multiplayer content because it doesn't fit on the card.

If you really think Xbox is built on "Windows" then go kill yourself you illiterate piece of shit.

Its also NVidia shit so take that into account

Forgot you could do that. I only knew that because I tried booting up my old copy of OoT a couple years back and couldn't save anything.

>It's already turning off third parties.
Are you kidding? Its easier for them to jew customers, they love it

>The Xbox runs a custom operating system which is based on the Windows architecture kernel. It exposes APIs similar to APIs found in Microsoft Windows, such as Direct3D 8.1. The system software may have been based on the Windows NT kernel, but it has modified log files.
I'm sorry your favorite company has shitty hardware AND software.

tfw no one has made a xbox original emulator despite it running off a pentium and nividia graphics in the 15 + years its existed

As long as games dont save directly to their carts. IIRC reading a game card doesnt really wear it out

>jew customers, they love it
Bruh, EA is considering pulling back support and they are the biggest Jews in the industry

>i dont consider shit failing after 10 years bad

>EA is considering pulling back support
No that's because they didn't want to support it in the first place

Why do you think they based future sales on a gimped port

arnt most of those games console ports that are shit on the switch anyways doom looks like shit and and nbk 2017 is a shit b ball game any ways

It will bite them in the ass but now in the way you're shitposting. The fact that they're not rewritable contributes to the Switch's doomed to fail storage issues. No future proofing on that console at all. If you want to own a Switch library you -will- run into storage issues only solvable by dumping exorbitant amounts of cash into storage solutions.

Cartridges being updatable would have fixed so much.

yah i dont care if i cant play my switch game in 10 years

It's BASED ON THE KERNEL, you're pointing it out yourself and yet you cry. Microsoft their hardware is the strongest and most durable compared to every other console.

>LA Noire costs 10 bucks extra on Switch
>the extra money didn't even go toward a bigger cart, since you have to download 14 gigs
>Take Two seriously slapped an extra 10 bucks on the price tag for no reason other than their own kikery
>some people will still buy it and tell them that it's okay to do so

Doom was done in the best quality the guys porting it could do

I been reading around the internet etc.. and seems like to preserve the flash cartridges, you should power em up every 5 years or so.

>they tryed real hard and it still sucks is some how a counter argument?

>X-Xbox doesn't have emulation because nobody cares
such delicious damage control

No it's because they don't want to waste development time and money making compromises on already completed projects because of Nintendo's restrictions on storage. Sure, you could tell these companies to git gud and optimize better but you've already lost them at that point

Where the fuck are you storing your cartridges? I've got NES Zelda cartridges that still hold a save.

I'm guessing you're very young and 10 years still feels like an unfathomable long time.

>it runs the NT kernel font rendering in kernel space LOLE but not explorer.exe so it's not -technically- Windows
>also our hardware is s-so good honest goy
Which is why no one cares about it right?

It's worrying how many games are looking for microSD when they're already physical. I love the console but I can see many physical games either not being released, having this MicroSD card requirement or splitting Single player and multiplayer.

But xbox one X is BY FAR the most powerful console around, and multiplatforms (gta5, witcher3, Bethesda games) are the most popular games around. Are you 14 y-o or something?

>No it's because they don't want to waste development time and money making compromises on already completed project
No its just because EA didn't want to support it in the first place. EA can afford anything they want, but they give it a Switch gimped shit for no reason. Quit trying to make excuses for jew companies you goy

no im not going to give a shit if my switch game shits out in 10 years when i would of all ready bought 2 new generations nintendo consoles by then

I booted up my old Sega Master System a few years ago and tested if my 25 years old Phantasy Star saves still worked and they did. Though it says in the manual that the life expectancy of the battery was 7 or so years.

I bought a switch back like 3 months ago, and I recently heard about the meme about the games tasting like absolute shit. and let me fucking tell you that was like the worst taste i have ever had, was like almost instant vomit. guess it's safe for kids.

That thing would not be as useful as you think it is.

>Microsoft their hardware is the strongest and most durable compared to every other console.
I mean if you completely ignore the RRoD.

Yeah, but how many normies do you know that are going to know or go through the trouble, dude?
The vast majority of people would just consider it broken.

You are speaking facts my friend.

>But xbox one X is BY FAR the most powerful console around
If you wanted raw hardware ability you would build a PC. Xbox is the loser of this gen, which, while not entirely due to poor hardware, is definitely due to an overall poorly delivered product.
>multiplats and normalfags
One of the two single-console no-PC sections of the market, the other being third-worlders. Normalfags and third-worlders aren't really people so I don't know why you're bringing them up.

Jesus christ how old are you where 10 years just pass by? 75?

You are speaking facts my friend.

You know the main cause of the RROD is excessive overheating?
If you ever had that then you either forgot to turn off your Xbox everytime or you're some kind of basement fag who plays games 24 hours straight 7 days a week.

It's the stuff you use help you stop biting your nails. Coat them in that shit

buy a 2nd copy

>You know the main cause of the RROD is excessive overheating?
>yeah I mean our computer makes so much fucking heat that it melts during normal operation but it's not a design flaw it's your fault goy

uh, 10 years is a long time no matter what.
even if it was a 10 year lifespan, so what? you think you'll play this shit in 10 years? i doubt it.

32GB is the limit for Switch cartridges. Third parties are cheap fucks though.

imagine the riots if games on steam expired after 10 years

>lol who cares about old games? besides I can always just pay for them again.

Do you know how old NES and SNES games are?

>using optical media in 2017
Literally the only reason why they're still using shitty blurays is because of the cost.

Go wonder why PS4 and Xbone come with huge HDD installed, because they install the shitty bluray games into the system or else they would be shitty as fuck.

It mainly is your fault what are you trying to say?

>stop making excuses for a Jew company
The irony here..

They don't need defenders, their actions of pulling support tells you that developing for the switch is a waste of their time and resources. You should be concerned that third parties are pulling the plug this early but you aren't because you're still in the switch honeymoon phase

How does it suck exactly? It's perfectly playable.

If it was a stuttering mess you might have a point but it's stable.

We don't all exclusively play the latest new games that come out.

I sure hope the switch carts get cheaper over time for Devs otherwise the next 5 years is gonna be fucked for storage and patches

it still feels like yesterday I watched someone play a leaked copy of GTA IV on justin.tv

every game i played 10 years ago i couldnt give a shit less about stop acting like old games are good especially ones from the ps3 xbox 360 era its diamonds in the ruff at this point of ones worth playing oh and i can just hack my xbox and ps3 to play all the games anyway

Are you mentally handicapped?

All consoles from the previous two gens have a classic game store exactly because people want to play their games 10+ years later.

Nah dude you don't understand, it had a complete and working XBOX emulator on it. Source: My dad is John XBOX.

>Using EA as a barometer for all 3rd parties on the Switch
Lol blaming the Switch only but not EA for anything pretty much confirms you're a shill. They never wanted to support it in the first place, hence the shitty FIFA port

No, user, the cause of RROD was the heat-induced bending of the retarded "x-brace" that held the heatsync down on a fucking INCH THICK thermal pad that would inevitably melt leading to total failure

I regularly play games 10+ years old.

Kill yourself with your abhorrent taste.

it dosnt hit 60 fps docked theres no custom maps and the multiplayer is laggy as shit they couldnt even make it look good when they talked about it

Well once they had an emulator for GC they pretty much had a de facto emulator for the wii/wiiu since it's the same processor just a tad beefier.

You can't use it directly or the emulator turns illegal.

what gay rts and mario 64

Give me ONE reason why I should care about EA not porting their games to Switch

That's because LA Noire only includes an online installer, that 14GB is the whole fucking game.

nobody cares

I was scrolling past this image really fast and i thought it was a guy holding his cock

That and load times
youtube.com/watch?v=HzOF-wy73MA

Breh, just get some battery clips soldered in and swap batteries every year or two. As long as the battery change happens in around a 5 minute window you won't lose your save files. Legit still have my 100% save for SMW I did back in 1999

probably pacman and tetris lol

>It's not 60fps so it's shit

It's stable 30 which is a miracle for switch.

Are you fucking serious
>paying 10$ more than MSRP for no legitimate reason
>don't even get the game

Are you retarded. Do you think other large companies don't notice when a AAA of EAs calibre pulls out of the race. Are you so blind taking that Nintendo dick that this is how the WiiU failed

To be more specific, there are two things that can kill your switch cartridge, even if isolated: Charge leak and cosmic rays.
First one is quite obvious. The data is stored with static eletricity, and with the time it leaks out, takes many years but it do happen.

The second one is about rays that come from the space and hits the transistors in your flash memory, potentially erasing your game or making an nintendo 64 autist put a 1000 dollar prize on a bug that no one can replicate.

But as long the damage is not too harsh, the memory controller in the flash memory can actually detect AND repair fucked up bits, so you need to power the cartridge from time to time to make it repower the bits and fix errors.

why do you fuckers want that game anyways

a lot of people still play games older than 10 years

*erasing bits from your game, as in one ray, one bit

The small capacity size is the bigger issue, devs are compressing their games so much that load times are suffering. They should have brought back the small gamecube CD's.

and a lot of people eat their own shit

Its a pretty good game, I wouldnt mind replaying it. Playing on the go is nice, I travel a lot.