Make a good game

>make a good game
>it flops

what went wrong?

Barely any marketing, just like the last game. They wasted most of the marketing on Fuck Wypipo 2

how about making it actually good and not pay some shills for marketing as good

so what did they do? did hire shills to market the game or not?

It is actually good. I fucking hated the first evil within. It was a mess, clunky, not at all scary, convoluted in a bad way. I'm only like halfway through the new game and it's already way more engaging and actually scary than the first one.

Semi-open world hubzones for one.
Otherwise marketing.

>actually scary
1. Grow up
2. Game becomes less scary than the first one immediately after Stefano dies.

>Make a great underrated game
>Good gameplay mechanics, great difficulty curve, enemy variety, shooting, atmosphere and story
>Most people hate it for some reason despite it being RE4.5
>Then make a shitty sequel to it without anything that made the first game good
So, everyone who actually liked TEW didn't like TEW2 beacuse they changed nearly everything, people who heard about TEW2 changing stuff didn't want to risk it beacuse they didn't like the first one.

TEW2 is still an alright game to play but it's pretty mediocre and bland, something everyone will forget about soon.

Little to no market, being an horror game and being open world are the things that makes anyone avoid it like a plague and rightfully so. Not being good also doesn't help.

It factually is amazing. I literally have no idea why it has only 70% on Metacritic. Guess it's a love it or hate it thing. Some sites gave it a 9/10.

I never got any of the complaints. Literally always just "muh feelings" shits, nothing objective.

Yeah, that was one of the best things.

It's not good though. Just like the first game wasn't good. I played RE4 countless times and couldn't even manage a second playthrough of this. Dude's a hack

>I never got any of the complaints
I never got any of the positives. Game was fucking dull.

>2. Game becomes less scary than the first one immediately after Stefano dies.
So, 3/4 in (ignoring cutscenes)? Doesn't seem so bad. RE4 stopped being scary when it literally PEAKED five minutes in the game with the chiming church bells and the whole village being after you.

>3/4 in
took me 10 hours (ignored all collectibles finished all sidequests) to beat Nightmare, Stefano died around the 5 hour mark.
So halfway in.

Did anyone actually want this?
The budget could've gone to ES.

Incredible sound design just like the first game, especially that old hag zombie that is stronger than the other ones, great art design just like the first, gameplay is decent and improved upon the first game, mini games are fun as fuck and improved RE4 mini games, the perks you can unlock are actually well balanced and most of them are handy and satisfying to max out, the weapons are fun, the open world zones feel fresh for this kind of game and your decisions become more important since there are obviously way more ways to fuck up, the story and cutscenes were actually 10/10 for video game standards, fun bosses, high difficulty just like the first game (if you pick the highest difficulty, which I bet most people here didn't do). A lot more.

>rushing through game
>ignores exploration
>hates it

Whenever I see this pattern I just stop taking the person seriously and wasting my time. Especially with games that are focused on optional stuff to do and find like The Last Story for example.

I don't even know what ES is.

>I never got any of the complaints. Literally always just "muh feelings" shits, nothing objective.
No you fucking didn't, you keep making this types of threads every fucking day in hopes some would say something nice about the game but most people on Sup Forums either don't care or just found the game to be shitty or mediocre at best. People said what they dislike about the game multiple times already but you keep coming back making these stupid ass threads trying to desperately shill this game to no avail.

Sup Forums dislikes the game dude,just accept it and move on with your life.

Elder Scrolls

Isn't them making an mmo of it a nail in the coffin?

>did all side quests which includes ghost lady and the flashback house, all of which you have to go out of your way to explore, trigger and finish
>forgot to mention that I found most fallen mobius members and got almost all pouch upgrades
>rushed through
Go fuck yourself. Game map size is fairly small and unless you literally sneak the entire fucking thing or die a lot, it takes less than 2 hours to clear out the first zone alone.

Skyrim still sell shiploads apparently since it has a version for every console ever. just like resident evil 4

>literally mentally ill and obsessed
I basically never post on Sup Forums and I'm not the guy who made this thread.

But even if I did what you accuse me of (I don't), you going in all those threads and moaning about something you don't like and trying to spoil people's fun will always be more pathetic and retarded. It's actually very interesting from a psychological point of view, though.

You're a shill my man. Game sucks

>asks if people even want good Mikami horror games
>wants that fucking disgusting trash that's basically not even a video game, has no actual gameplay and 5,000 pages of text written by trainees

Jesus Christ.

But even if I did what you accuse me of (I don't), you going in all those threads and moaning about something you don't like and trying to spoil people's fun will always be more pathetic and retarded. It's actually very interesting from a psychological point of view, though.

Many people like it, it got some 9/10s, I'm not OP. You have to swallow that pill.

Overthink your life.

>I basically never post on Sup Forums
>expecting people to like his shitty game
Your new faggotry is showing shill

>But even if I did what you accuse me of (I don't)
You probably did because no one would be so naive to make these threads for a fucking week, even other shills no better

>ou going in all those threads and moaning about something you don't like and trying to spoil people's fun will always be more pathetic and retarded
It is not more pathetic than trying to convince a obviously bad game is good by making threads of it daily and and making people hate it more.

It is the first time i'm posting in a EW2 thread though, i always follow threads to see what is up and people just fucking hate.

I'm not the guy who said the budget should have gone to Es though, i just said what ES means.

>Many people like it, it got some 9/10s, I'm not OP.
SO does COD but people still fucking hate around here, reviews are basically only used for shitposting. Also, you are OP or at least as much of a faggot as OP is, same difference.

It's a bad game for bad people. Underthink your life brah

>make a good game
what game are you talking about?

I like it better than the first game i feel if they get another chance to refine there style it could be amazing.The first game has them beat only in art direction.

>Samefagging
Try hard, faggot.

Do you guys actually have any proof for the alleged samefagging?

you being the only one who actually likes the game in the thread,and probably in the entire site it is already proof enough. even if you aren't you type the same way as OP, same difference.

>you being the only one who actually likes the game in the thread
Are you fucking serious? Did you not even see the IP count going up? That was my first post in the thread, you guys really are clueless.

> even if you aren't you type the same way as OP, same difference.

maybe you should learn to read.

it is also not hard to use multiple ips or simply post from your phone, people do this all the time.

Nice try though.

Also, welcome to Sup Forums, try lurking more before attempting to shill or just don't come back.

>idiots false flagging themselves

>le angry contrarians not even attempting to hold a discussion on why they hate something

Ah... never change Sup Forums. Never change...

>>le angry contrarians
>When everyone and their mother don't like the game

Never change shill, this kind of shit makes easy to spot you.

see you in the next thread.

Ah, so OP is literally the only person on this board with millions of users who likes TEW2. I guess the threads at release with 500+ posts were just OP's work too. Never change, Sup Forums.

I'm the OP btw you retarded faggots, not the guy you are arguing with

Kids today only like outlast fps horror shit. When the first person mod came out for tew2, I actually saw people saying maybe they will actually play the game now. Watch if the game does ever get a sequel it's going to be all first person hallway simulator.

The good game part.

Is that Todd Howard?

>gameplay is decent and improved upon the first game,
Stealth is functional now, which is good. But it's the most viable thing you'll do 80% of the game and the mechanics are too fucking basic for that longevity.
Shooting is as mediocre as the first one with nothing interesting added.

>the perks you can unlock are actually well balanced,
Entire Health and Recovery tree:
Worthless. Don't get hit.
Combat tree:
Sway/recoil reduction worthless, unless you literally never played a shooter where you had to compensate for those.
Bullet Time, borderline a cheat I never used even in NG + like Inf ammo.
Stealth tree:
get Cover sneak kill, and you're golden.
Stamina tree:
Your default stamina is more than enough. RNG dodge reflex is worthless because it uses RNG, and it's not difficult to not get hit.

>the story and cutscenes were actually 10/10 for video game standards,
I did laugh a lot during the story.
>criticizes "muh feelings" when used as a negative.
>uses "muh feelings" as a positive

>fun bosses,
Stefano : RE5 Wesker except the tedium fucking amplified.
O'neil : A massive bullet sponge or a boss you can kill in minutes by using 4 or so sneak kills (with the help of bolts)
Guardian: A massive bullet sponge that is mercifully completely optional
Seeker: A bullet sponge that barely changed from the first one except he doesn't throw traps
Lara: Flip a switch twice after turning valves twice to win. As garbage as the first one.
Goo monster: Generic hit giant red weak spot for massive damage boss that has nothing interesting about it.
Final Goo monster: a boss that wouldn't be out of place in RE and the only decent boss

>high difficulty just like the first game.
Game is a fucking joke with maybe 4 spikes difficulty wise even on Nightmare. Classic is Nightmare except that you can't get skills (which almost fucking all of them you can beat the game without) and 7 saves which is fucking tedious than hard.

Dunno, it's sad. I'll be buying it along with DOOM and Prey later this year.

It's ok. You already proved yourself as one of the cool members of Sup Forums

I pirated it because I wanted to see if it'd run decently on my computer. After finding out that I could be getting 42FPS in the Office safe area while staring at the ground, I decided that it was not worth any money.

Releasing a game with poor performance and with no mention of a patch or performance update after a couple weeks is pretty telling how much they cared about the game.

It's not like I have a toaster or anything either.

i5 2500k OC'd @4.2GHz
GTX 970 OC'd
8GB Ram @1866Mhz

Apart from the 3.5 vram meme, I'd think I'd be able to run it at Medium settings, 1080p@60fps, but nope. There is barely a difference going from Ultra to Medium settings.

The one and only.

People don't seem to be buying games right now. No one seemed to buy shadow of War or Assassin's Creed origins, and same goes for Wolfenstein 2. It's a bad year for Triple-A games.

The game is really not well optimized.

I just finished the first EW last night and going to start the DLC tonight. I enjoyed it a lot. Also bought 2 day 1 to support the franchise.

I'm running a 1070 with an I7, and 16gbs of ram, and also get poor performance. Feels like the frame pacing is fucked.

I even had a glitch happen where my game slowed down to a crawl because I used a grenade.

it flopping is a good thing. now i can get it for its true price of $15 smackers

It's a real shame, because I do actually quite like the game. Dropping frames makes aiming tedious as hell.

Specially when trying to hit the screamers that waddle around.

It's not even really an amazing looking game. It does look -nice-, but not something I'd expect to see dropping below 40fps.