Made this out of boredom. Discuss

Made this out of boredom. Discuss.

>sunshine behind galaxy 1 and 2

off yourself

Switch sunshine and 3D world.

Everything else is spot on.

I think this is the first objectively true ranking I've ever seen.

Odyssey is better than 64 in literally every possible way.

64 is a great game, don't get me wrong, but saying it's equal to Odyssey requires an extraordinarily massive pair of nostalgia goggles.

Yeah, it should be behind everything.

>3 = World
I'm ok with this.

Definitely. Now that I beat Odyssey I've been replaying 64 for the first time in a few years and I'm realizing that the game seriously drops off a cliff in the 2nd half, the levels stop being open and exploratory and become tedious linear segments that you have to do over and over to get the stars. Now that we have another Mario game with big open areas and great movement it's easier to see areas where 64 fails, even if I still love it.

64 fanboys are the "gen wunners" of the Mario franchise. It was the first, and the one they grew up with, and nothing that comes after - no matter how much better it actually is - will replace it in their minds.

Is Odyssey really that good?

to be fair until now there has been no Mario game like 64, so it was valid.

Odyssey is fucking horseshit, don't kid yourself. Also super mario bros 2 wss good

when will people learn that 3d world and 3d land should by every sense of their design/playstyle and design by grouped with your bottom list

SM2 was great but Odyssey is the best 3D mario you turbo hipster. SM2 should be above all the New Super Mario Bros games.

>Odyssey is fucking horseshit,

It's literally the best mario game ever made and I thought botw was shit so I'm a hipster contrarian like you. Odyssey is a test, if you don't like it, you don't like videogames anymore. Find a new hobby.

Odyssey is good, but not that good.

>DURRRRHURRRRR MUH FAVRIT GAM IN DA SERIES IS BETTER THAN YOUR FAVRIT GAM IN DA SERIES DURRRRR
>NO U
What is the point of threads like this other than pointless shitflinging?

Odyssey is trash, it suffers from the same affliction as 3d world/land and new super mario bros.

Its made by modern nintendo and was made mainly to cash in. It was made not to be the next logical entry in the series but just to be the mario switch game becsuse there has to be one.

OP here, I really loved Odyssey but felt 64 did a few things better, like the difficulty and hub world. Odyssey also did a lot of stuff better though, so I figured that I'd make them equal.

Sour grapes

Seriously. The overworld in 3D World is the 2D Mario overworld. The levels are all 2D Mario levels with a bit of added depth.

It's a 2D Mario game with 3D graphics, and probably the best 2D Mario game to date.

I'm not sure I agree entirely, but I can see the argument. If you consider Peach's Castle to just be the same type of hub world in Galaxy 2, there's surprisingly few differences between 64's gameplay loop and Galaxy 2's.

Odyssey, of course, is leaps and bounds ahead of both in terms of freedom and openness.

>land 2 ahead of land
Yeah if you're a baby who needs easy games

Hi user, how's your first week on Sup Forums?

Do you know how the sour grapes story goes?

I'll give you a hint, the fox doesn't eat the grapes.

Having 3D World so low shows your opinion to be worthless.

so basically what you are saying is you don't have a Switch, haven't played the game, and have no argument.

OP here: I just like seeing people's opinions, man. Not trying to act superior. Also I'm bored as hell.

? Yeah that's the point, retardo.

the main reason 64 was always my favorite until Odyssey is partially the open levels, but mostly the free movement which neither Galaxy game even came close to.

I love all the games I just prefer the others. There aren't any bad Mario games, just mediocre at worst.

>guys pls stop disagreeing with eachother :'(

>like the difficulty

I didn't realize people un-ironically believed stuff like this. Mario 64 is not a difficult game by any reasonable measure. It might have been difficult when you were 10, but have you actually played it recently? Beating the game is very, very easy. You can skip pretty much any difficult star and still finish the game.

But much like Mario 64, most of the challenge in Odyssey comes from attempting to 100% it.

Mario games are designed to be able to be completed by any age group, but only 100% by people who put in the effort.

Very good list OP. Odyssey should be better better than 64 and 3D World better than Sunshine, but still, good taste

I'm pretty awful at games and I didn't really have a lot of issue getting through Odyssey, except Darker Side. I always remembered 64 being harder, but like you said it could've been because I was younger. I'll try and replay it soon and see what I think.

>NSMB better than SMB1,2, and Land
you were so close

>sunshine behind galaxy 1 and 2
Well yeah

Super Mario 64 does not hold up.

>Galaxy 2 being higher than 1
How to spot a gaming journo sheep 101

Hi GameCube Kid. Sunshine is literally the worst 3D Mario out of all the collectathon ones.

If you enjoyed 64 then yes. The bosses are enjoyable, and you get to face them again after you beat the final boss. Plus the bosses are harder, some can be a real pain in the ass if you aren't careful