Is it worth it to get really good at video games? Who are you impressing? What are you achieving...

Is it worth it to get really good at video games? Who are you impressing? What are you achieving? And most importantly: what are you wasting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wkHVLeR72b4#t=01m46s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its a hobby, so its your call on how good you want to be at your hobby.

>What are you wasting?
Fuck off with this shit, everything in life is waste of time in some way, shape or form.

>getting gud

just play overwatch and have fun as tank or a healer, let the dps get stressed out that they are getting outdamaged by a dva 8)

>tank or a healer
>fun
>overwatch
No thanks, I'd rather not spend the entire match banging my head against a wall as I watch shit the dps is at video games. I'm wasting my potential by playing as a suppor character.

Being entertaining / skillful is fun.

>not posting the edit

Its ok when you are in your early 20s and your time isnt worth anything anyways
As I got older I found skill based games more and more disgusting

>Is it worth it to get really good at video games?

Maybe you should ask this slavic gentleman

that is one stretchy tit

y fish have tiddy???

youtube.com/watch?v=wkHVLeR72b4#t=01m46s

Learning real things instead of arbitrary made up rules in an inconsequential game are quite different things dont you think

those are just gas bladders

>this is the mindset of even the shittiest dps players

tank is always comfy, knowing you are doing the best that you can for your team pretty much every game. sometimes playing as healer is shit though, like trying to herd cats. team being scattered all over, not even within range to glide to. but i guess that same shitty positioning is what makes the game unbearable for the whole team when it happens. grouping up is effective in most cases for overwatch

overwatch can be pretty shit, but having a good team is pretty rewarding when it happens

naturals are pretty stretchy

When you will grow up you will realise that the absolute most of what you learn in school, college, etc. is all about arbitrary made up rules, and that """reality""" is not about what most people believe, but about what you personally believe. As long as you have any income you can do whatever the fuck you want assuming it's not illegal.

I agree you should do whatever you want but nobody was talking about school
Videogames are not real and learning about real things is a different thing, that point still stands

You sound like an edgy retarded teenager.
Reality isnt arbitrary made up rules, videogames are.
Im not telling you what to do but there is a clear difference.
Enjoy your simon says simulators

What is that expression on Ruto supposed to be

>Videogames are not real and learning about real things is a different thing, that point still stands
Videogames are real, stories they tell about are not. Just like you can enjoy getting better at drawing you can enjoy getting better at videogames. Just like you can enjoy reading books or watching movies, you can enjoy stories in videogames. What you're doing right now is you're trying to make others believe in your "reality" where it's "not worth" to spend time on videogames, which is wrong simply because the "value" of hobbies is purely subjective. And if you're talking about the real "value" aka money, nothing prevents you from earning money by playing videogames on a professional level given you're skilled/talented enough (just like with drawing, writing, etc.).

>Is it worth it to get really good at video games?
Yes.
>Who are you impressing?
Myself.
>What are you achieving?
Self-satisfaction.
>And most importantly: what are you wasting?
Nothing is wasted if I'm having fun.

for me it's really just self improvement and the thrill of high level competition.

>Reality isnt arbitrary made up rules
Even though I didn't say it is, you are wrong, unless you are religious. You sound like a child with bad reading comprehension and small attention span.