Buyers Remorse (AC Origins)

I bought AC origins for PS4 and I've given up at level 13. Everything is so monotonous and repetitive, its like shadow of mordor in egypt but only with worse combat physics. Exploration is visually appealing but im done. I have remorse and now I'm gonna sell it on craigs so I can buy something else

what the fuck did you expect

This game has levels?

user, it's ubishit openworld design, what the fuck did you expect. You played one, you played them all. Worst thing it's been hemorrhaging into other games like Witcher 3 because it's considered an industry standard nowadays.

>actually buying any AC games past brotherhood
LET THIS BE A LESSON FOR YOU

>Everything is so monotonous and repetitive
Good job you just described most Ubishit games, shame on you for not knowing better

Something like uncharted 4
yes like every other RPG
Speaking of witcher, the horse and camel physics are so shit in Origins its utterly disgusting

>He actually bought an Ubisoft game

>has to larp as a ps4 owner to shit talk GOTY
poorfag PC pirate confirmed lel

Stfu faggot. I was shitposting in favour of this game in most AC threads few days back. Only now I'm beginning to see the yeast infection by focusing away from the glorious boobs (graphics)

Am i nuts or did the masked dudes that killed his boy have british accents?

This. I have buyers remorse for AC origins and I didn't even buy it

>watch narcos
>get excited about playing taking down a cartel yourself
>closest things are arma mods but they're all fighting against guv'ment
>pirate wildlands
>get upset I spent half a day downloading it because its so shit
outside of siege ubi games are garbage

On the contrary, AC has always been my guilty pleasure, and this one is quite good so far, if not missing some of the charm of the series. Is it just me or does this feel like a game from a different franchise, sans the climbing? Also, the story is a bit funky, like I can't tell what the fuck is going on. The pacing is off.

>uncharted 4
How should i say this, i got no other words but "stupid" to describe you. AC been like this since the first.

None of the Assassin's Creed games I've played had leveling up.

Destiny 2.
Basic campaign is too short, the world events are too repetitive, lack of chat function in game means no possibility of social interaction, most of the guns are meh, cosmetics gated behind microtransactions... Had fun for about 4 days but I'm over it.

>There are people who actually blew over $100 on this

fucking absolute state of gamers these days...

>rpg

Fpbp

Origins felt like it would have been a better game without the assassin's creed hallmarks holding it back.

Feels like they could strip out the parkour and it could be have a completely different title. Almost level 20 and there has been no mention of anything assassin or templar.

>People fell for the shilling
Well, can't say it doesn't work.

I feel like what they should have done instead is make it a fully rpg with armor, different character classes, ect.

There should still be an assassin class in the game, but they should be more stealth specialized while there should be heavy armored class with big weapons, classic sword and board, archer, ect.

Some more minor complaints
>Accents are really fucking inconsistent. People will slip between british, middle-eastern, and american mid sentence with relative ease.
>You can't mark enemies without Senu (the eagle). Literally have to launch up into the eagle to mark someone who's right in front of you.
>On that note, the eagle is a nice touch, but it just feels like padded extra work to go up and mark everything on the compass. Either have the compass, the eagle, or the map screen. Having all three feels like overkill.
>Parkour is fucked. It has been simplified to the point where you hold the A button to freerun, but with that you lose a couple of things, like wall-jumping, jumping up from standstill, etc. The system from Unity/Syndicate was perfect.

Beyond that, the environment is crazy pretty, the combat is actually quite decent, and the present-day segments are kept relatively short. So good on that.

>You can't mark enemies without Senu
you can by aiming at them with the bow

That gives away your position when in brush though, which kind of defeats the purpose of marking enemies

Well the next step in the AC evolution was turning it into a single player MMO obviously.

only if they're looking at you while you look at them
other thing missing are the historical notes

here are a couple of my own complaints

>if you fly too far away with senu, your horse will freeze even if you're auto-following a road
>no autopilot for the boat
>silica activation requirement for ancient mechanisms is annoying
>UI customization is incredibly bare bones, and doesn't let you pick and chose what you want, each setting level either has too much info or not enough
>no way to filter what senu sees, so the beautiful views will always be marred by a billion irrelevant icons unless you completely disable the HUD
>no HUD disable toggle button for quick changes
>leveling system feels wierd when you come across an invincible godlike vulture who can kill you in one hit

>no autopilot for boat
I actually don't like the autopilot, unless it's for aiming the bow or using Senu or such. I am just too tempted to use it all the time, and at that point the game is basically playing itself. There are a couple other good 'quality of life' improvements that Ubi added though.

You can wall jump still, but yeah everything is gone.

They should call this The Boring Within 2. I enjoyed the first game, it wasn't great but it had its fun moments. This game took all the bad parts about the first game and made it worse.

>game has so many cutscenes and dialogue, you'd think Kojima was behind it
>story isn't great either, I don't even remember the main protagonist mentioning a wife and child, yet I'm suddenly supposed to care about them
>shit ton of backtracking
>camera moves at the pace of molases
>game is buggy, certain actions don't always appear or register which is frustrating
>most of your time playing this game is going through hallway, after hallway, after hallway, after hallway, after hallway
>the combat and gunplay still sucks ass, there's been no improvement
>everything on hard is a bullet sponge, you can tell this game is centered more around stealth rather than action
>all the scares in the game are completely telegraphed
>enemies will teleport from one side of the map to your location

I expected fun, I ended up getting a really shitty movie with stealth sections attached.

I haven't gotten to activating ancient mechanisms yet but I have a shitton of scillica from exploring. Maybe raid a few tombs.

fpbp

>2017
>Buying Ass Creed

Why? The franchise jumped the shark when the third game wasn't entirely about Desmond doing assassin shit in the present.

the game has glorious boobs? Hmm...I'm intrigued.

No one cares about Desmond and present day is only an excuse to play into cool historical settings. Watch Dogs is present day AC.

>Almost level 20 and there has been no mention of anything assassin or templar
probably because the name themselves came from crusade era

two questions from someone who has only played AC1 back in 2008-9...

Does any AC game feature a white protagonist? I looked up the recent Chronicles: Russia and Syndicate (both set in Western/Northern-ish europe) but they look too semitic/arab for the settings. feels weird given the settings (unlike the new guy in Origins)

also, which one of the games since AC2 resembles the gameplay of AC1 the most? I read about all the new gameplay and over the top weaponry to the point αΊƒhere the newer games don't interest me in buying them (I miss the simplicity of AC1 with no leveling up or inventory)

>Accents are really fucking inconsistent. People will slip between british, middle-eastern, and american mid sentence with relative ease.
This never stopped people from watching big budget hollywood films tho

>Does any AC game feature a white protagonist?
black flag, rouge, unity, and prologue of III

>also, which one of the games since AC2 resembles the gameplay of AC1 the most?
none

>, lack of chat function in game means no possibility of social interaction
B-but it's a single player story-driven game

>wanting everything current gen to be Facebook'd and tweeted with 35% of the complete game re-released as DLC $

>also, which one of the games since AC2 resembles the gameplay of AC1 the most?
Unity I guess

>none
I have to pick the "least bloated" then. Origins have live animal interaction and some earlier game had videos of whale harpooning (?) so I'll avoid those and look at the others

>tfw none of the newer games have that silent assassin feel of AC1 (judging from trailers and youtube comments)

>leveling up

Oh fuck this shit fucking fuck Im so fucking sick of devs adding pointless rpg shit to every single game.

I like rpgs but I will play rpgs when i want to play rpgs.

FUCK leveling, fuck crafting, fuck upgrades, fuck forced stealth in higher difficulties, fuck open worlds.

FUCK all this useless padding oh my god.

Destiny is described by bungie as a Social Shooter. The bulk of the game is co-operative PvE.

>Falling for the "buy at release so you can talk about it with your fellow goys" meme.
I hope you finally learned your lesson. Truly.

learn to greentext fuckin newfag