I'm gonna buy a switch to play xenoblade, which controller should i get?

I'm gonna buy a switch to play xenoblade, which controller should i get?
Should i buy a new one or settle with the joycons? Is the hori controller good enough or will xenoblade use some features like rumble etc

I'd say go with the basic joy-cons and if you don't get used to them after a while, grab a pro. I thought about buying a pro since day 1 but the joy-cons are suprisingly confortable for most, if not all, games. Wether is in the dog shell thing or separate in your hands.

If money is truly an issue, then you can make due with the controller grip that comes with the Switch.

However, getting a Pro Controller is the best way to go. Additionally, there's going to be a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 special edition Pro Controller that'll be released if you're interested.

Joy+Grip is the best for me.
I have the pro controller and feels nice, but I don't think you should really spend 70$ if you already have the joy cons out of the box. So, consider the Pro only if your hands are really big, otherwise you won't really need it.

dont fall for the pro meme. the controller that comes with the system feels and works fine. why spend an extea $60 for redundancy?

Personally I love the Pro Controller, it feels very comfortable in my hand whereas the joy-cons make my hands cramp. The d-pad is shit though. If you can afford $70 I'd say go for it but if not the joy-cons aren't the end of the world.

If you don't have anyone to play with, just stick with the joycons.
It'll just collect dust.

Get the pink and mint pro controller. It looks sexy

The best, or nothing.

Try the Joy-Cons first, if you feel like they're not comfortable and you're willing to pay go for the Pro Controller. I like both, what I use depends on what I'm playing.

I'm gonna buy the switch and the collector edition my wallet is dying lol
No one talked about the hori controller, it seems pretty good for 30$ tho

Fuck controllers and play in Handheld mode exclusively. Be a rebel.

Alright i'll do that then, thanks

I would go with the Pro if you can. The Joycon and holder is just meh to me. I find myself playing with one joy con in each hand rather than using the holder. It's not the worst thing in the world using it.

My friend has the hori controller, I tried it and didn't like it. As far as 3rd party controllers go it wasn't bad but not good enough for me to consider it over the other two just because of its price.

Is there a Pro Controller that isnt 90s Kidz Translucent yet?

that joycon controller is hideous...

Just use the regular joycon grips and buy the pro only if there's a price drop.
>t. guy who gets better scores with the joycon grips than the pro controller in splatoon 2

Pro controllers are $56 used.
I used a 40% off coupon at my local vidya shop and walked out with it for only $36 after tax

Regular joy cons are fine.
Pro controller is comfy incarnate but costs a shitton.

I have colossal hands so the pro controller was mandatory for me.

Dude, it's all black and the design is subdued. Just because it's translucent doesn't mean it's a blatant grab at nostalgiafags. Your imagination is getting the better of you.

Youre a big guy

Help me with a decision, please.
I want to buy a switch for Xenoblade 2 since I played the first one on the Dolphin emulator and fell in love with it.
I'm a 26 years old NEET(almost 27). I have around 110$ now and my parents give me 50$ allowance each week. In my country switch costs 300$. So it will take around a month till I can accumulate that sum (assuming I won't be going to McDonald's and spending money on Steam anymore).
I have never had a GF, but sometimes I visit a hooker. There are cheap asian hookers in my country that cost around 30$. Last time I was with a hooker was last January.
Now I crave sex and beating my meat doesn't help.
What do? Brace myself and wait until I have enough money to buy a Switch or have sex with a cute Tadjik girl, but bury my dream of playing Xenoblade 2?

You spend money on the game, you keep it for as long as you want.

You spend money on hooker, the hooker will eventually leave you and go away.

Make the smart choice.

The hori controller has half of the features the official pro controller has

well, you could just fuck that hooker and wait a week more
but buying a switch and xenoblade 2 will cost you 350$ at least so you'll have to wait even more than a month mate

The pro controller is very nice. Everything feels crispy as fuck. Joycons feel small and flimsy in comparison.

I don't think xenoblade will use rumble,gyro or shit like that tho.
Will it?

>joy-cons are suprisingly confortable for most, if not all, games.

M'kay, handlet. You can always spot out betas with bitch hands when they say that joy-cons are comfortable.

While I personally prefer the Pro controller, especially for fast-paced games like Splatoon 2, the Joy-Cons are not nearly as bad as some people say they are. Plus, you can split the Joy-Cons and get in a really comfy position while using them, whereas you can't do that with the Pro Controller. So the Joy Cons are more for relaxing, while the Pro controller is for intense gaming. But is the Pro controller really worth 70 bucks? Not really, so if you're fine with the Joy-Cons after you get a Switch, continue using them, but if you need an extra controller you should consider a Pro controller.

This. I'm not even buying XC2 but I have to have this controller.

pro controller is great but the dpad is bad.
also its abnormally expensive. shit is like $70

You can always point out the betas with bitch insecurities with post like these. OP asked for an opinion, I gave him one. Go shit up another thread.

How do I use this with my Switch?

I've been using the Joycons + grip since release date and haven't had an issue so far, they're quite comfortable.

I like the pro controller better since I pretty much play docked all the time. I like the placement of the buttons/sticks more. I get super annoyed by the positioning of the right stick directly under the b button on the joycons.

Idk, but xenobladeX isnt the only game for the Switch you know? Aren't you gonna play mario, Botw (if you dont have a wii u) and other game in the future?

I have a pro-controller and I love it, but there's nothing wrong with the Joy Cons.