How is the Kingdom Hearts series Sup Forums? This is $25 and I haven't played any of them before. Is it worth getting?

How is the Kingdom Hearts series Sup Forums? This is $25 and I haven't played any of them before. Is it worth getting?

Other urls found in this thread:

khwiki.com/Lethal_Frame
youtube.com/watch?v=zlJrEwEMIpM
youtube.com/watch?v=zLGIABpH67g
youtube.com/watch?v=uW0wjcS7-00
geekculturepodcast.com/2017/07/19/disney-interested-making-cg-kingdom-hearts-movie/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

there's nothing quite like it

All of the games are shit except 2. 1 has aged like shit and has broing gameplay, CoM is even worse, Birth By Sleep is generic, KH2 is actually playable and a decent game.

2 is worth $25 alone. By buying this you get an extra 3 games and 2 movies.

Just out of curiosity. How many games dos this collection actually has? Is it all kingdom hearts games so i'm guessing 6 here.

Great. I'm buying a PS4 this Black Friday just for it and Guilty Gear.

Some are movies.

>Some are movies.
Wait, what? Do you mean actual movies? No gameplay? Which ones?

358/2 Days, X Cover(?), and re:Coded? I honestly can't remember.

well, that sucks, i actually wanted to play the games. why arent the games included? was it because it was released on the 3ds or something?

Wait for black friday, a bunch of places will have it for $20

Nah, not sure why some are movies. Dream Drop Distance was on 3DS but you can play that on 2.8.

aged like milk do not buy

Don't know but I'll find out soon. Just ordered it.

The games that are movies were made and built around the DS. Square basically admitted that it'd take way to much work and they were to lazy to make new games from the ground up for a remaster collection. They did however upscale everything and the cutscenes are kinda nice looking. Also don't listen to faggots itt. Kingdom Hearts 1 is the best Kingdom Hearts game, and that's with me having extremely heavy nostalgia for 2 seeing as it was my first PS2 game. KH1 is the most easy to follow game in the series, and has the best blend of story/gameplay in the series.

In the collection OP posted two are movies because they would take too much time and money to remake the gameplay and one of them 358/2 Days is dogshit but even then you still have KH 1&2 along with Re:Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep while the other collection has KH 3D, a movie telling the story of the phone game and the prologue of KH3 done already in the Unreal engine

just watch everything on youtube

CoM sucks at first but the combat can get pretty cool if one learns how deck crafting and sleights work

CoM was much better on GBA, graphics be damned

buy it dude!
kingdom hearts is fucking fun, and it has tons of postgame when you're finished with it.

Is CoM on a semi 2D plane still?

Not on ReCoM. It's basically the game remade in the KH1/2 engine

Did the leaks of an ultimate KH collection for PS4 turn it to be fake?

got any tips? playing CoM right now and i think i'm starting to get the hang of it (destroy their cards with higher cards or counter with 0, sleights are a lot of value but the cards are lost for the remainder of the fight(?))

Yeah, I need to know this. The PSN promo is almost over.

This. i played it on classic GBA, very comfy environemnts with the cards, intense boss fights, great combat. I ran a magic/strike raid deck it was a blast to use

That'll probably happen after 3

Keep leveling sleights till you unlock this khwiki.com/Lethal_Frame , then the game plays it self. still a lot of fun to play

Wouldn't that make the game harder?

A tip I'd give to you. When using sleights I always had a strat I'd use. When your cp is up, I had 7-10 cure cards in my deck. 3 or 4 of the cards would only be valued at 1 while the others were 6 or 7 or above. If you use a sleight that starts with a card at a value of 1, that's the only card that you'll use after the sleight is done. So basically if you start a God sleight like curaga (3 cures) with the first card being low value and the other 2 being high value you only lose the dogshit card while still surpassing the value of an enemy card. Hopefully that makes sense, you can really take advantage of that. Almost always start sleights with the lowest card value so you don't lose good cards.

It makes it less interesting

so it's only the first card of the sleight that is lost?
holy fuck user, that's a game changer. thanks m8. guess i didn't pay attention to the tutorials.

i'll look out for this, thanks!

Is there any hope for an Xbone Collection before 3 drops?

Honestly we don't even know if the Xbone version of KH3 still exists since they didn't ever talk about it again and have been only mentioning the ps4, dick move but that is to be expected from SE at this point

Literally never. With the music licencing it's a wonder we got the HD collections at all, let alone digital. Xbox collection will never happen

x cover is the only movie

Wait that promotion came back? It will last until when?

wait scratch that i was thinking 358/2 days was dream drop distance

Yeah man, it was a game changer. The game really has a surprising amount of depth to it. But yeah for sure, just make sure the order in which you use the sleight cards your paying attention to if you want to be more effective overall. Having the lower cards in your deck costs less points and can be really good throwaways for certain sleights.

My 1st piece of advice is fuck your health. It's a glass canon game, invest in sleights and CP almost every level up. Learn sleight values and which ones you like for different situtations,

i liked to always have a couple strike raids or a judgement built into my deck for ranged attacks, using the shiny card first because less cp and goes away anyway, dont be afraid to mess around with magic card sleights in combo, some are very OP such as CureGravAero which casts sychro which will make all heartless have the same hp as the heartless you cast it on, this accompanied with grav raid can run thru battles. Decks you have to find what you like, there are so many combos

ethers and elixiers are very good, they skip the deck reloader and can get your wasted sleight card back, when you get them try to work 2-3 at least into a deck

when opening doors pay attention to what the cards say cause various effects, these are very useful for getting the enemy cards. Most of the boss ones of these are good but there are a couple OP common ones.

any specific questions?

thanks for the advice dudes, i was slowly warming up to the strange battle system while playing this game, now i'm fucking pumped to keep going. thanks again!

You're welcome, really take the time in looking into those decks man, i didn't my first playthrough and hated it, i did a 2nd and my god it was some of the most satisfying combat I've had in a game! enjoy it homie

SMT is better
youtube.com/watch?v=zlJrEwEMIpM

15th. I heard about that bundle I'm kinda waiting for the confirmation but I guess I'll just buy them with the discount

Cool guess I'll buy it now so my brother can play it and I don't spend too much money on it

I liked them but that might just be nostalgia, I'd recommend emulating first

4 Games
>Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
>Re: Chain of Memories
>II Final Mix
>Birth By Sleep Final Mix
2 Compliation Movies
> 358 / 2 days
>Re:Coded

Most people that like it are in it for nostalgia from what I've found. It's not bad, but Disney ruined a lot of potential it had. (I.e. cancelling the cartoon they were making, refusing the offer for dissidia to be a kingdom hearts game because they didn't want their characters fighting each other - as if that didn't happen in game already etc.)

If you want to play it in order of the story I suggest playing the mobage since it's free and kind of gives you a feel of the series, but if you'd rather play it your way (which is more enjoyable imo) just buy the .5 game(s) since $25 is cheap (and you can just resell it if you don't like it.)

Cartoon was scrapped because Nomura wanted to do more with the story iirc.

Make sure to grab 2.8 as well so you have the entire KH series for now till 3 comes out.

Coded and 358/2 days were low graphic games a they were on the 3DS, and so porting them would mean a lot more then some graphical updates.

Ah, was it? My bad. I haven't kept up with the series since 3D so my memory is foggy.

I consider it to be thrash.

The story is laughably bad, visiting the Disney worlds is as boring and soulless as reading a plot summary of the films and makes me wish I was watching the movies instead.

And the gameplay is the most criminal aspect of it. For around 15 hours you will be mashing the attack button and it falls for the meme of "it only gets good after X hours" time in which you will be listening to the main characters introducing themselves for 10 minutes over and over to any walking pedestrian, experience a washed down Disney story, and don't even get me started in the original plot that these gooks came up with.

Kingdom Hearts is a good series if you are a 15 year old in the middle of an angst phase.

DS*

Yea, Disney actually wants to make a KH movie, but Nomura has no idea what he would write about, surprisingly enough

Lel, source on that shit, no way Disney themselves want to make the movie. Maybe ALLOW someone else to do it, with major limitations. And this is coming from a brainwashed Disney nut, shit will never happen.

Don't bother with health after ~ 150
There's only 2 sleighs worth using
3 blizzard cards and lethal frame
Spamming blizzard sleighs will get you through every level without think up until the wizzards in hollow bastion
Lethal frame spam will beat all of the boss fights with you just pressing triangle
Just make sure you use jafars card before you mash

Also I lied before make sure you save a gold room reward card for hollow bastion so you can get mushu. The last sleigh needs a mushu card and you'll need it for the last boss.

I didn't fight a single enemy on the last level btw it's not worth the effort

I've heard two is okay. I bought this shit because everyone tells me it's great but the first game is one of the worst I have ever played pacing wise. I've tried to play it at least twenty times because people won't stop parroting how good the series is, and I quit at the same spot every time, fucking Tarzan world the boredom eats my soul right there. The dialogue does not help at all either like holy shit how many times can I here about how Donald's Nephews or Jimminy Cricket are going out scouting the evil organization trying to steal our hearts before I cringe out of my skin.

This should explain everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=zLGIABpH67g

This is better and more thorough:

youtube.com/watch?v=uW0wjcS7-00

>I've tried to play it at least twenty times

Do you not know how to save? You would've finished the game by now if you just played once and saved.

Who was the traitor? Was it Luxu or the Master of Masters? And what's in the box?

geekculturepodcast.com/2017/07/19/disney-interested-making-cg-kingdom-hearts-movie/
>They are interested in making a CG movie of sort, but again, it’s difficult to make the call on how we want to execute it and how to form it. I still haven’t come to a resolution about what would be the most appropriate way in which we depict the narrative, so nothing specific has been formulated.

People who only played KHI and KHII will be so fucking lost in KHIII hahahahaha

There was no traitor, it was all a ruse by the MoM.

The Master of Masters' heart is clearly implied to be in the strongbox. But Nomura said MoM won't be in KH3, so I don't know why he set it up like this.

Who even is the master of masters?

Here's my autistic rundown:
>KH1
A good-for-its day action rpg that definitely shows its age now but is still fun on a playthrough. It has more RPG elements than other games and there's a much heavier focus on exploration and platforming, but some worlds suffer from confusing layout (Wonderland, Monstro), too much backtracking (Deep Jungle), or serious camera screw (Neverland). It's also the simplest that KH's story gets and is a charming tale of growing up and relatable emotions like love, jealousy and wanting to do more in the world. Also the last game where Disney characters are relevant if you care about that stuff.
>Re: Chain of Memories
Originally a GBA game so it translated the combat into a strange card system. It's super divisive and love-it-or-hate-it. This introduces Organization XIII and Namine who become super important later. Also has a Riku mode Even if you don't like the gameplay you should at least watch a playthrough because without it KH2 will make zero sense
>Kingdom Hearts 2
Here's where the story goes into full-on insanity. Organization XIII fully takes over the plot here. In terms of gameplay its a super fun ARPG that shifts much of the focus away from platforming and more onto combat. Also it has the longest fucking tutorial ever.

Just get both collections for ps4 and you're set. Both are currently heavily discounted on the ps4 store. Until the 23rd or 24th of November I think.

To be fair Tarzan world is pretty shit

Me

Favorite worlds?

Mine are:
Twilight Town
Pirates of the Caribbean
Halloween Town (all incarnations)
Agrabah (all incarnations)

KH1 Hollow Bastion is amazing
Also Twilight Town is top comfy

Sure.

>Agrabah (all incarnations)

This, but I'm sure you'll appreciate them if you have never played the games before. As in, you'll appreciate each individual contribution of each game.

It's totally worth it, but I would advise you to play KH2 last, since it's the best one and really, the only one worth revisiting.

The story is a fucking meme, don't worry too much about it.

its worth it but dont play it chronologically, play it in release order

>not enjoying Nomura's wild ride
only angsty 15-year-olds take the story seriously

What's wrong with Agrabah? I used to watch the Aladdin cartoon as a kid. Nostalgia yo.

?
I don't take it seriously, that's why it's a meme. And his Kubo level asspulls are not a wild ride.

I love Aladdin too but I'm fucking tired of that world, it has been in every world with barely any change, though my hatred for it might also be from Days because it was some of the worst missions in the game there

No

Where can l order this for $25?

Amazon tells me it’s $35.

You have to look at amazon canada.

PSN Store currently has heavy discounts on it. On PS4, not sure on ps3.

Where is Xion's hand? lul

ouchie ouch

>Xion
who?

._.

>guys i posted it again!

Where are you seeing this for 25$?

On amazon canada

do trophies work like they did with FFX where if you played and got trophies in the ps3 version and you picked it up on the ps4 version, you could still get trophies or are there trophies for both ps4 and ps4?

Separate set

probably not, they're likely coded as different games

In fact the ps4 has fewer trophies. Ps4 doesn't give ypu trophies for tye movies, whereas ps3 does

Gamestop

Shadowman when?

All Halloween towns
End of the World
Traverse/Twilight Town
KH2 Olympus