"The CEOs of EA and Disney reportedly spoke on the phone today about Battlefront 2."

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2017/11/16/star-wars-battlefront-ii-microtransactions-go-offline-until-ea-can-make-changes/
youtu.be/PXBJIZ1NXFU?t=132
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

LOL just got off the phone, dinner is over and there are going to be about a half dozen people fired tomorrow.
The House of Mouse is pissed.

The exact words were "we are not going to have our Star Wars brand fucked with".

Somehow EA neglected to tell Disney about the loot crates and P2W.
Disney was told it was going to be an accurate tie in for the new movie.

Whooooopsy.

maybe we're in the best timeline.

Oh my fucking god, this might actually put a dent in EA. I can't say for sure but you do not fuck with Disney, they are larger than life

Honestly I am scared of Disney nowadays.

The Mouse sounds even more of a criminal organization every time there's news about them. The hatchet job they did against Justice League was the biggest offensive operation since Barbarossa.

EA got assfucked by the Mouse

So are they gonna buy the x-men back or not?

Does Disney keep an eye on things like this? I thought they must let people loose when it comes to games

evidently that was a bad idea

Sounds believable, but is there still a source?

I don't think they will anymore, especially with EA.

>YFW EA gets skullfucked by the Mousekuza and is forced to relinquish it's properties, including C&C

venturebeat.com/2017/11/16/star-wars-battlefront-ii-microtransactions-go-offline-until-ea-can-make-changes/
>Earlier today, Electronic Arts chief executive officer Andrew Wilson had a phone call with The Walt Disney Company chief executive Bob Iger about Star Wars: Battlefront II, according to sources familiar with the situation. A few hours after that call, and players are finding that the option to purchase the premium crystals currency is no longer working. EA has now confirmed that it is taking this feature down to address fan concerns just as the game is about to launch worldwide tomorrow.

Somebody got their shit slapped.

>Disney actually doing something smart amongst their reign of infamy
Color me surprised

>Andrew's face when he sees this outside his window next time

Based Disney?

Dont fuck with the Mouse.

Disney's saving video games, I guess? At the very least, inadvertently making them less shit in the short term.

So Disney are the good guys? Huh.

>implying the jews aren't brainstorming an idea to reintroduce the ass ton of DLC later and more cleverly.
(((Mickey Mouse))) wants a piece of dumb normies money like EA.

He's not the savior we asked for; he doesn't even know he's the savior.

Correct. The best part of Disney is that they primarily just want talent to do what they're good at with little interference. I don't think EA or games in general will get that anymore.

andrew house is about to have his asshole's radius tripled

bob iger will fuck you up

>satan himself takes orders from the mouse
damn

Accidental good guys for the time being. Things look a little better now, but we don't know where they're headed yet.

Stlll, if one tumor is getting slapped around by another tumor, I'm not going to stop them.

disney never should have given them the star wars license in the first place, had they done even an ounce of research they would find that EA is the most hated, anti consumer video game company ever. Although in this day there arent much better options.

this
They're probably interfering because EA is fucking with the reputation of their IP's and the mouse can't be having that

andrew wilson*
andrew house is the sony fag

The call that saved EA

Don't think they're wonderful people or anything. Disney is just as crazy about money and owning people as EA. It's just that they actually care about looking nice and friendly to everyone where as EA just laughs every time someone calls them evil. My guess is that Disney is worried about the whole "Starwars is promoting gambling to kids" thing.

I need a quick rundown on this man

disney doesnt want their brand associated with child gambling
this shit was all over the news

>when you're so evil you wrap around to being good

they have a pretty big hand in the kingdom hearts series, a lot of the film producers themselves are working with the devs

>What is the Boomerang Theory

>hello ea its disney we want you to remove the cash shop
>very well disney, this shall put the buyers' minds at ease
>HOWEVER
>you will turn it back on later

BRAVO

Hopefully this is the last time they allow EA to do anything with Star Wars and give the IP to other people to make good games.

I think they are under a 10 year contract but i assume disney created loopholes to get out of it

>Its a bad guy joins the team to defeat a greater evil episode

This is exactly what happened. I bet you the CEOs bursting out laughing at the dumb goyim and how they are still gonna steal their shekels.

>10 year contract

Come on. That's some blind trust

Reminder that Lucas would have just taken the royalties and run.

The conversation went as follows:

>"OY VEY MISTAH SHEKELSTEIN DAH GOYIM HAV DOWNSHOAHED ALL OUAHR DAMAGE CONTROL ON GOYYIT WHAT CAN WE DO TO OFFSET THIS FASCIST AWAKENING MISTAH SHEKELBERG?"
>"AY VEY OYY IT'S JUST ANUDDA SCHMECKEL REVOLT WE'LL JUST PUT DA LOOTBOXES BACK A LIL SO DA GOYIM WATCH OUR LATEST BRAINWASHING STAR GOYS FLICK. THEYLL EAT UP DA GAMBLING KIDS AND ALL."
>"OY MY YARMULKE JUST FELL OFF. I'LL GET RIGHT BACK TO SHILLING ON Sup Forums NOW MR STEINBAGEL"
"DEATH TO THE GOYIM AND ALL THEY HOLD DEAR"

trust has nothing to with it, EA just outbid everyone else for the rights.

Disney's looking out for their target demographic of manchildren. Can't piss off those basement dwelling goyim or they won't buy any more nuStar Wars toys

>Mr Steinbagel

with the the news saying child gambling and the game already having bad reviews. maybe disney will do what ea does to their studios. let's take a walk out back for a minute

>EA gets video-game rights to star wars so they can use EA to plug the new star wars shit for them so everyone can make more money.
>Disney being Disney, gives EA free reign to do whatever it wants as long as it delivers a good product, kind of how they do things in general.
>EA notices the lootbox craze, builds BF2 around the whole concept of lootboxes.
>Sadly for EA, the lootcrate shit was pushed so hard and so much by MANY games in 2017 that BF2 just made the bucket of what people were willing to take overflow.
>People so pissed they wanted the government to step in, not caring if this could hurt videogames in the longrun, people are so mad they just want to see it all burn.
>Governments are starting to consider classifying lootcrates as gambling.
>Disney does not want to be anywhere near gambling, calls EA, tells them to back off.
>EA complies and disables lootcrates because they don't want to lose the Star Wars license

now all you little faggots will run out and buy it while reassuring yourself you're not the problem.

you are a literal retard if u buy this game honestly, this has been obvious for a LONG time, i hope there is no more discussion as there needn't be

i'd literally buy 2 copies of every disney star wars film and game from now until my death if disney just came out of nowhere and fucking graved electronic arts

We're in a wild timeline were nothing is consistent. The mouse is never the good guy except for today apparently.

>Disney fucking shuts down EA somehow.

It would be beautiful.

The mouse, despite being the property-gobbling entity that it is, still has to have some sort of quality control on its IPs. It probably called EA up to tell them to knock it off since it would have tarnished the Star Wars name.

>The hatchet job they did against Justice League was the biggest offensive operation since Barbarossa
Explain, I don't go on Sup Forums

youtu.be/PXBJIZ1NXFU?t=132

>messing with Disney
EA is about to get EA'd

They only let marvel comics go to shit

It's the equivalent to the villain being an overachieving lackey who tries to go into business for themselves only to fly too close to the sun and get their shit slapped back into line when the real boss finds out the shit they're getting associated with

>tfw Disney buys EA and closes them down

Oh the karma

inb4 Disney concludes that the videogame industry is too detrimental to their image so they decide that no more Star Wars videogames will ever be made again

WHO CAN SAVE US FROM THE MOUSE?

Nice larp, my dude

Yen Sid is Disney backwards

The mouse is just mad EA try'd to execute phase 3 too soon. The masses have to eased into this shit to accept it.

The only thing jews are afraid of. The bigger jew.

Why is the mouse considered evil, isn't he everyone childhood memory?

Their only good video after season 1

>Why is the mouse considered evil
A simple google search will tell you that.

>be ea
>be geting property rights and running them into the ground
>bet buying up studios and milking the dry then killing them
>do this for many years
>finaly get star wars licence for vidya
>think they can do the same routine to star wars
>think they can do this to disney of all companies

christ they were so blinded by greed and their hubris they thought they could take on the ultra instinct jew mouse himself. they are fucked beyond belief

Yup...

He's the largest media corporation in the world and literally run by jews.

Yes, yes!

Mickey Mouse is innocent! He only wants happiness for the young ones!

>mfw the only four EA games I've bought in the last 10 years are Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Mass Effect Andromeda

It's all I need. I'm done. The latter of those gave me my mako to fuck around and explore the cosmos. It was fun I don't care what others think. Bad Company 2 all the other Battleground games are the same. Same shit with Battlefront. It's Battleground with a Star Wars finish and fucking microtransactions. I bought everthing I wanted from EA and have seen them rape everything I ever loved. I'm finally done. They have nothing left.

I'm free!

The mouse owns literally 50% of all entertainment media. They're an incredibly powerful corperation that for the most part like to keep the fact they own almost everything hidden.

It's spooky.

Didn't Walt Disney hate jews or is he rolling in his grave right now?

I ___agree

My face didn't upload

who cares game sux

The absolute state of Gaming Jesus Christ

ea got spanked by daddy disney

So in other words the weak are fearing the strong?

Anime Trump is about to be made real in two more weeks, if one of the airing anime sticks to the source material. We're going to have anime Trump and anime Trump reaction faces. What a time to be alive.

Thank You Jesus.

Considering that Disney murdered Marvel Heroes just a few days ago, I cannot say I'm at all surprised about this.

>Director's step daughter just so happens to kill herself
>he steps down obviously
>new director steps in
>what do you know its the director of "The Avengers®"
>the new movie is a hack job and the new scenes are easily noticeable
>he doesnt do any press for it
>and when the movie is out he likes posts on twitter calling it shit

>buries Need For Speed and Burnout
>revives Split/Second

If there's one thing Disney has over the rest of the industry, it's that they give a damn about their reputation and hate bad PR like the plague. I'm not sure what they were expecting when they trusted EA, but EA is going to be in for some serious shit if they don't get their act together fast.

You're telling me this guy isn't even the final boss, just the boss's right hand?
That guy's gonna have a hard time looking more nefarious than Satan in a suit

AHAHAHAH I TOLD YOU FAGGOTS IT WOULD FUCKING WORK

May i asked what the fuck are you talking about
What anime?

If you're going to play the suicide conspiracy angle, then Warner Bros. whacking off Snyder's stepdaughter to try and get a new director in order to get him to breach the contract is equally likely. Regardless of whether or not it's a conspiracy, they're really stupid for hiring Joss Whedon in the first place and deserve it.

what the fuck that is literaly satan right there, they could at least try to be more subtle about the fact.

They're probably lamenting on not being able to buy a new villa at the end of the year

Disney isn't infamous, dolt.

I did the conspiracy angle mainly as a joke, but there is a part of me that thinks its possible.

These are billion dollar companies, they must do some scary shit every once in a while.

Why are people saying Disney is evil in this thread?

What the fuck have they done?

Nah, they're the bigger evil, but they're lawful evil, while EA is chaotic evil.