Alright, here are some things that need to happen for the switch to succeed

Alright, here are some things that need to happen for the switch to succeed
first, the 3ds needs to die. this is to establish that the switch is your "one stop shop" for all Nintendo needs.
I think they more of the advertising similar to the original reveal, establishes who the core audience is. I mean seriously, nobody wants this youtube.com/watch?v=3pRmdSYW5kc
any other ideas?

I thought it was already a success?

yeah, but it can still fail easily, it will still easily sell out the Wii U, but they need to keep the hype going if it wants to go further

I want the 3DS to die too, the one stop shop for Nintendo is exactly what I want. But I really think Nintendo is done making new ones, just releasing the ones that have already been in development. Pokemon being on Switch next is a great sign.

Try to implement both console games and lower budget but cheaper handheld games to it to give more variety to customers and spread their market to it.

I don't get all the "I want 3DS dead" sentiments. It's not doing anything to harm the Switch. 3DS continuing to sell well while the Switch tops charts can only be a good sign.

You can't really tell with a Nintendo system at this point.
They seem to get about 5 million sales to die-hard fans in the first year without even trying, plus a boost from a Mario and a Zelda.
The Switch has had all that already, it's 2018 when we'll see if it's got sticking power.

It's not harming the Switch, it's harming the quality of the games. They are automatically better if they were developed for Switch instead of 3DS.

>w-we can't be sure if the switch is a success yet gays!!
stop it this is painful to watch

All the main teams are on the Switch already.

When Pokemon launches, it's guaranteed to sell 15-20 million Switches on it's own.

Well, I mean, the 3DS can live I guess. I just want Nintendo to focus all their games to the Switch, even the spinoffs. Samus Returns would have just been better in 720/1080 instead of 240. I understand that was probably already almost done before Switch was finalized, but at least for future spinoffs. Hopefully that gets a port though.

Pokemon. There, 50 million guaranteed sales. But big worldwide third party titles like cod and destiny would help as well, doom and skyrim are a good start, but they need more. Not just that but they need to permanently kill the child friendly stigma that sticks to their name, like getting more M rated games or making more daring and edgy first party titles like eternal darkness and geist on the gamecube.

And revive f-zero

it's a flop really
has really bad 3rd party support, all the games are low quality, less than 720p and can't even handle 30fps. Really bad online, with constant lag for the multiplayer they keep advertising. Mario and Zelda are ok, not great but it's there so cool? Basically, it's pretty bad, and it's only doing well in nintendo fans eyes, when it's pretty bad. Nintendo needs to call it quits and go 3rd party, Zelda would look dope in 4k and 60fps. Baffles me why anyone even plays a game less than that.

lmao, you're really wrong.
Pokemon fans won't migrate to a $300 underpowered console since it costs too much. IT will sell 1-2 million tops.

give all the ips to sony lol

Trust me, as a pokemon fan, the words “hd pokemon” will generale hype like “3d pokemon” did for x and y

>this whole post
This is what it looks like when you get all your news from Sup Forums

It really won't. A lot of pokemon fans are burned out from XY-Sun and Moon. Those games are constantly noted for lack of content, and many people have decided to not bother with any more releases.Face it, it will flop and the swtich will too. You can screencap this, because I will and will post it daily that pokemon on switch flops and sells less than 2 million, to which the swtich flops and becomes discontinuted. This causes Nintendo go 3rd party, and PS4 gets Mario and Zelda to welcome the new move. Gaming will be great, can't wait.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

>Pokemon fans won't buy the newest console or game

Guess they won't play Pokemon anymore.

You mean the truth? I know you can't accept it, but it's fact. Besides, Sup Forums is better for gaming news than anywhere else. I'm not a fag, so I don't go to reddit.

You're a fanboy, once you stop becoming one you can see it, but you'll always support nintendo and whatnnot, your loss
They won't, a lot of them will stay on 3DS since it's cheaper to get into. Pokemon has always been an inexpensive game, and putting it on consoles flopped everytime.

I will,poorfag

I'm not poor, I own a PS4 and a $1900 PC. Literally all more powerful and more games than the tablet that can't even reach 60fps for it's games.

Guess I missed when they put a mainline Pokemon game on a console

They tested it with the gamecube games, and it didn't do well. Stop being a blind fanboy and realize nintendo is a failure.

It's going to be a success, as in it won't be a WiiU, but are we talking GameCube (20m), N64 (30m), SNES (50m), NES (60m), or Wii (100m).
I think we're looking at an N64 type success.

It will have 15 million lifetime sales, screencap me so i can post it daily to prove you diaperfags wrong

2018 will be good year for switch, cant wait for the fresh wojaks next year. Just need a year of steady 8/10 games with variety.

And what evidence do you have to back that up? Last I checked everyone WANTED a mainline pokemon game on the switch, have you forgotten the pre E3 direct where everyone was in a hissy fit that a mainline pokemon game wasn’t announced for the switch? Of course tou don’t, becuase it doesn’t fall into your want and belief that the switch will fail (lel) and anything positive about anything remotely nintendo related is a conspiracy theory and everything negative is the only thing that counts in your history books

15 million LIFETIME is literally not possible. now, with 14 mil or so guaranteed by March. Maybe 20 million if we want to be pessimistic.

This picture. I despise it as much as I despise sonegros

I'm so tired of it.

l think you're completely retarded

>it's a flop really
It really isn't
It's Nintendo's fastest selling console yet.
The sales are rather great considering it didn't launch during a holiday season.
>Nintendo needs to call it quits and go 3rd party
Literally never happening. There's a higher chance of Sony declaring bankruptcy within the next 5 years then Nintendo going 3rd party.
You nerds need to quit acting like everything Nintendo does is going to end in a Virtual Boy or Tortanic style disaster.

Heres another picture for you to look at

>tfw sonegros losing every category at Game Awards

>Last I checked everyone WANTED a mainline pokemon game on the switch
I own a Switch and I don't want another pokemon game. They've been terrible lately. Just let it die.

> Implying Switch didn't succeed

GBA sold 85 mil, DS sold 150 mil, 3DS has sold 70 mil

This console is a handheld and a portable so expect well over 30 million.

The Switch sales will likely continue at this rate or near this rate for the foreseeable future as it has no competition. PS5 is over a year away and Xbox One X is selling to no one.

I think we can expect another 10-15 sold in 2018, and that's only if Pokemon isn't released or Smash Bros.

Once Pokemon and Smash come out for Switch, that's most likely 20 million Switches sold right there at least.

I think 2018 and 2019 are going to be very fucking big years for Switch. We could see as many as 50 million sold by the end of 2019 depending on Smash and Pokemon launches.

>tfw 65 million sales while switch is a flop

I think you mean winning?
No way your baby games will get an award. PUBG will kick the ass out of everything.

>implying they're not only so high rated because of the nintendo bonus

>sony winning
>PUBG will kick the ass out of everything
???

l think they're losing their mind, l'm scared for sonybros

PS4 will have sold 80 million consoles by next year due to the holiday season. keep being smug retard, but switch will never ever beat the PS4. a hand held device with normie-bait games like zelda and mario can't even beat a home console lol.