Why does this game trigger Sup Forums so hard?

Why does this game trigger Sup Forums so hard?

It was just that good.

Sup Forums doesn't like anything for more than a week.

Some of us don't like when a very flawed game gets universal acclaim, only for people to eventually realize the actually critical people were right.

See:
Twilight Princess reviews
Skyward Sword reviews

W-we're n-not triggered..
Y-you're the tr-triggered one n-nintenkiddie!!1

>Us
Who is this "us" you mention? Reddit? Neogaf?

It's more like the people who like things go on to talk about other things they like and the bitter faggots stay around and bitch forever because it grates at them endlessly that someone enjoyed something they didn't.

I should know, I'm a bitter faggot about Persona 5.

Sup Forums just can't let it go. This isn't about BotW being a 10/10 game or whatever. It runs deeper than that.

This is all about the humiliation this board suffered at the hands of Nintendo. After nearly a year-long hate campaign of shit posting, cherry picking screenshots and flat out spreading lies, Sup Forums attempted everything in it's power to belittle the game and Nintendo's new console.

You could audibly hear their jaws drop in absolute fucking horror when BotW turned out to be one of the best games of all time, single-handedly turned the Switch into a massive overnight success and proved once again that Nintendo were at the cutting edge of game design.

Mario Odyssey was just as critically appraised but the saltyness from that game cuts nowhere near as deep into Sup Forums's psyche like BotW.

They'll never get over it and that's why they've spent the past NINE FUCKING MONTHS trying to rationalise the whole affair in their minds.

It's the headline game a console and Sup Forums is about nothing if not console wars.

Kek

>boring Ubisoft open world
>no soundtrack, just piano clinks
>repetitive shrines
>"MUH PHYSICSS"
>shitty dark souls ripoff combat

Nice hot opinions and lies, maybe if you paste them for another 50 years you'll lower the metacritic score.

Minus 10 points of nintendo bonus

No such thing, but nice mental gymnastics, I love seeing you faggots squirm trying to rationalize good games being good.

This pasta is best pasta

Because you can't criticize it at all without some faggot spouting the >seething or the >97 meme.

When I see someone enjoying something the wrong way, or something they shouldn't be enjoying, it puts me in a never-ending state of autismal rage. You all think you're having fun but it isn't real. The truth is I like you, and I want you to experience the better things in life. That is why I cannot stand watching you pretending to have fun while playing this garbage empty open-world snorefest.

Nice falseflag.

This game makes me feel like fucking Mousse from Ranma 1/2 with all the goddamn weapons I end up breaking

>tendie bonus on a mediocre collectathon
>tendie children spamming this board with it incessantly
>Sup Forums get upset at undertale, cup heard whatever other overrated flavour of the month
>yeah okay I don't mind
>Sup Forums get upset at overrated tendie collectathon games
>it's beat down time

>Posts frogs
>Is dumb
Every time

At some point you get more elemental and royal weapons than you can possibly use though.

HZD triggers Sup Forums way harder. You can't say one bad thing about BOTW, and you can't say one good thing about HZD unless you want to throw Sup Forums into a meltdown.

Because they can't afford a Switch so they just let their anger out on the game.

Everyone making fun of you is not a meltdown.

Reminder that Breath of the Wild would be much better with 60 shrines and 8 full dungeons.

And better bosses.

Not true but congrats on your victim complex, the truth is nobody cares about HZD other than sonygggers when talking about Zelda.

fpbp

I played SS a few years late.
Holy shit it was fucked up. I can't believe it got such great reviews.

HZD is great game. But Nintenbros just laugh at it because it looks infantile compared to BotW and Sonybros are disgusted by it because it didn't turn out to be the Zelda beater they desperately wanted it to be.

Shame too because it's great. I own a PS4 as well as a Switch just sayin.

Come on tho, it was so close to Ubi's open world template it feels Nintendo owe them money.

You can post this all you want and it will never become true. BotW is a great filter for mental illness thanks to people like you that unironically believe they can change reality by shitposting.

brought back zelda and nintendo to the forefront of the industry while spergs were convinced they meme'd their wet dreams of nintendo going 3rd party into existence with the wii u's failure

l don't think they'll ever get over it and will shitpost about it till they die alone and miserable

Im so tired of posts like this. I bought a fucking Switch and the game, and honestly I don't like it very much, and yet people act like this course of events is impossible, that BotW is so supernaturally great that anything criticizing it must simply have not played it. That is just not the case. I do have it, and while some of it is ok, I was really disappointed and I think the game has a lot of problems.

All capcom had to do was show there would be a HZD collab for MHW to get Sup Forums furious.

Well fortunately nobody gives a shit about your expectations and autistic opinions.

It's a great game, there's no doubt about that, but it leans VERY HEAVILY on Ubi's open world formula.
Not the GTA formula, not the Elder Scrolls formula, not even the original NES Zelda formula. The Ubisoft AssCreed WatchDogs FarCry formula.

See

How do you figure? I'd say Ubisoft's formula is based on the GTA formula, where you have a big world with diversions, and then a linear set of main missions you have to go through which is the meat of the game. Then the open world map is basically an excuse for level reuse.

Zelda doesn't work like that.

The worst part about Ubisoft inventing towers and the curve of the globe that allows you to see further the higher you are is they're ultimately to blame for 9/11 and the colonies.

Thread should not have proceeded past this post.

>wind physics so trees, clouds, particles, hair all fly in the same direction
>clouds are randomly generated and look as varied as a real sky
this game's atmosphere just walking around the world is so good I'd buy it just to appreciate it.

For me, it basically boils down to the fact that all the changes they made to accommodate the living breathing open world made the game less fun for me than if they had just made a normal-ass Zelda game
I don't care about fauna, I care about a robust varied roster of hostile enemies
I don't care for the shrines and and divine beasts, I liked the old dungeons better
I find the new map system cluttered and difficult to read, the old map and compass system was simple and clean.
Letting the player carry so many healing items completely trivialized any challenge the game could throw at you, and getting rid of the bottles took away one of the best quest reward staples in the series
Sheikah Slate apps were fine, but I liked the old gadgets better.

Bottles are useless when you can carry dozens of gallons of milk and grabbing beetles and bugs everywhere, along with fairies and different kinds of fish, there was no need for bottles in this kind of game.
I think Fujibayashi did good in finding a balance between breaking conventions and keeping in line with staples of the series, and the series clearly needed that break as well, their integration of player choice to the point of designing hundreds if not thousands of "events" and "solutions" in lieu of set puzzles to allow for multiplicity is astounding, if not revolutionary.

Because it's popular.

Watching Sup Forums scramble to take it down a peg was hilariously pathetic.

>T-the title screen isn't good enough
Ahahahahahaha fucking faggots

this, Sup Forums is a shitposting board and nothing works better than shitting on a popular Nintendo game

Its just a bunch of butthurt sony keks who don't understand good game design

The game just gets much more praise than it deserves. I went into it expected something revolutionary and instead got another empty open world game, littered with Ubisoft-tier collectibles and fetch quests.

It was influenced by GTA, but it grew up through FarCry. The original was a series of islands but Ubi's port was very different. FC2 was open areas walled off by hills, FC3 started bringing elements from other Ubi games then everything else followed that.
I'm not a big fan of Ubi games in general, they're jank as fuck and hardly have any original mechanics, but the open world structure they came up with is good.
Good enough to influence the best game developer around.

The elder scrolls: Hyrule when, fellas?

Do you mean the topography or the game structure? Because to me, the game structure is very different unless Ubisoft games changed dramatically after Far Cry 3. It's the lack of missions and the exploration-based gameplay where everything is optional that makes Zelda stand out.