Out of all the games to have movies based on them how come Rampage gets one?

Out of all the games to have movies based on them how come Rampage gets one?

youtube.com/watch?v=coOKvrsmQiI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g3gI1Uuk7gM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's a franchise people who have kids (and some even grand kids) can be nostalgic for. Remember that the original game is 31 years old now.

>I'm almost 31 years old
What the fuck man

I just don't care for the realistic animals.
This is basically another "destruction" movie to shove The Rock into.

So what will the game to kick off the golden age of vidya movies the way Batman Begins did it?

>inb4 pretentious fedora analysis about why a video game movie can never be good

Same here. Will be 31 in March

Pic related was 25 years ago.

Time is a fucking bitch, isn't it?

>I'm also almost 31
Me too. I have wasted my best years on Sup Forums. Fuck this place

I fucking loved this game growing up tbqh.

>"""Realistic and grounded""" monster designs, fucking wolf in four legs
>They don't eat people in goofy ways
>probably pg13
>not pic related in

This one is gonna hit me pretty hard as i loved the shit out of the nes and 64 ones. at least my boy (or was it a girl? Ruby is no in this shit.

Nintendo will make an animated Mario movie that will be gigantic and then other companies will follow.

Warcraft probably wanted to be that, but it was shit. Didn't stop it from making stupid amounts of money overseas, though. Which means we're 100% for sure going to get another one, or at least Starcraft. Although you probably could make a decent Starcraft movie.

>make a movie about rampage
>movie is about animals that get huge instead of mutant humans
Why? Mutant humans causing havoc while avoiding running out of juice was awesome, not "big not godzilla animals breaking things while the rock does his type cast heroic man role"

video game movies will never be good
it has nothing to do with the concept itself
the problem entirely lies in the production

Frankly, I'm amazed this game doesn't have tons of fan art and such

I would have thought furries would have loved it for all the macros crushing and eating people

This looks fucking horrible

they would have to hire actors and you don't want to have to pay actors for recurring roles.

Normally, I don't like mindless action movies from video games, but it works here. It looks bad, but the games were also bad, so it's fine.

You sound exactly like those kids who used to say superhero movies will never be good back before the first Spider-Man. Now look where we are.

Literally all it takes is a good Director and a good writer. They’re doing it with comics, they’re trying it with anime, and vidya is next.

>video game movie

I guess the monsters designs are kind of fucking ugly for one(thought there's tons of yoshi fursonas so what the fuck do I know), and it's really old so probably not on a lot of peoples minds.

This shit looks horrifically generic though, hopefully it has people getting eaten so I can at least fap to the gifs from it.

>You sound exactly like those kids who used to say superhero movies will never be good back before the first Spider-Man.
Who ever said that? Superman I and II and the Burton Batman movies were good.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHERE THE FUCK IS HIS MOVIE??? BRING HIM BACK!!!!

>7 years old
>going to game store
>tell mom that I want Duke Nukem because i heard it was sick and had titties
>she doesn't know shit about games so is going to buy it
>in line, about to check out
>guy in his 30s is cashier, scans the game, but then notices me lurking in the shadows behind mom
>"is that game for him?"
>"yes"
>"you don't want that, you should get this"
>offers her rampage 64
>play it
>it kicks ass

thanks guy

I played duke as an adult so it's all cool now

Dude why couldn't they just have it be people like it is in the games?
Hell if they played to the humor and stuff too they could have made a fun movie about people who turn into monsters, fight each other and shit.
Rock as gorilla man or wolf, cast some hot lady as lizzie and so on.
Instead it's going to be a gritty realistic disaster movie which is fine I guess but it's not going to stand out among the plethora of other ones.

Batman forever pretty much killed the genre for a few years, and since Spider-Man was huge in the 90s a lot of people were wondering if he would get a movie too, and it was a meme that it never would happen. Not saying it was a huge thing but I remember hearing multiple people say it back in the day.

Warcraft had the production value to be a good movie, but if you watch it enough it just reeks of blizzard being overbearingly present.

The Chris Metzen might of well written and directed it.

>released on 4/20
DUDE

because it's a braindead easy idea

giant monsters destroying a city

wow such a complex script

>American Glover movie
>gives the finger to the bad guy at the end

WEED

>Batman forever
Meant to say Batman and Robin

Why the fuck are Video Game movies popping up so much all of a sudden?
>Super Mario Bros. Animated Movie by Illumation (the Minions company)
>Wreck It Ralph 2
>now fucking Rampage

Can't wait for the Senran Kagura, Smash Bros and Touhou live action movies though.

did rampage even have a plot? i don't remember.

>I hope they get bigger depending on the amount of people they eat.

And King of the Monsters The Movie when?

>fucking Illumination makes the Nintendo Cinematic Universe

Still, it's not the same situation at all and people have a lot more reason to believe there'll never be a good video game movie than they had reason to believe there wouldn't be a good Spidey movie, or a Spidey movie at all.

>Up to three simultaneous players control gigantic monsters who were formerly human. The game's protagonists are George, a King Kong-like gigantic gorilla transformed by an experimental vitamin, Lizzie, a Godzilla-like dinosaur/lizard transformed by a radioactive lake, and Ralph, a giant werewolf transformed by a food additive
Instantly what I thought watching the trailer. Literally out of the gate fucked it up

no but of course they shoehorned one in.

>those comments

>Dwayne

Jesus fuck this guy is literally in everything. I just saw an ad for the Jumanji movie starring him

monkey trouble

hes not even a comedian but hes funnier than shitty ass kevin hart

COCAINE

My point was that both opinions are stupid. Nintendo could literally just make a movie about Mario saving Peach from Bowser and it would be fine if they made Mario grab some coins, fire flower, do some ba-bing wahoos and it would be far and away the best video game movie. It’s not impossible.

>they're rebooting Jumanji
>instead of a board game, its an arcade cabinet

YEAR OF GAMING MOVIES, 2017

This game gave me weird feelings as a kid.

tfw unknowingly discovered jacking off for the first time to this game

Eh, Rampage 64 is fun enough. playing it with pals is pretty awesome.

>NO FUCKING SCUM SODA
>NO FUCKING HOT SCIENTIST BITCH
>LIZZIE ISNT A FUCKING LIZARD
fuck this

This how can you fuck up a plot as simple as shady company who's manufactured goods mutated three regular people?

Normies don't know that

>tfw we could've had a new Rampage GAME for probably less than half of what this shit movie cost.

It's a shame I love Rampage I put hours with my brother into the games destroying buildings, eating people, kicking each other in the crotch but this just horrible can people stop fucking up Midway's legacy?

>They're all monsters from the get-go
>The giant crocodile won't turn into a waifu after they kill it

>inb4 the we get the game of the movie of the game

I actually agree in saying that, though I feel like it's more a matter of "won't" rather than "can't". Funny you should mention Mario though, I have somewhat good hopes the new animated movie by the minions studio will be nice

GEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORGE!!!

>Take a goofy/charming game about people turning into giant monsters and eating other people
>Turn it into the most generic monster story starring the Mr Ex Military guy who just happens to be caught in the middle of it all

YAWN
Fuck man... Would have loved to get a fun monster movie about people turning into giant monsters eating other people, but then Hollywoods gotta regurgitate this into the most generic shit like everything else. Sucks to see it happen to something I had fond memories of as a kid.

>yfw The Rock is going to be gigantified during the climax to monster and just beat the shit out of all the monsters himself

Because Warner Brothers already owned the rights to it.

I expect they'll pump out a slew of Midway film adaptations. Especially if Rampage does half decent.

I feel like the rock is just collecting paychecks at this point.

That'd probably be the only cool thing in the movie if they did that.

But we all know George is going to die and the Rock will be sad and the audience will be sad for him. Atleast thats the vibe I got from the trailer. Anyone else?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

29 and i loved world tour.

What about that game with the giant kangaroo?

The GameCube game was fun. Who was your favorite monster?

I don't know, really. I think it's a bad move. Usually movie remakes and video game movies are marketed towards Baby Boomers and Millennials. It's the two largest demographic groups, and it's why you see movies being remade that were popular towards Boomers and a "dark gritty" movie being made for nostalgia people more for the Millennial generation.

I feel it's strange that they're doing something that resonates more with Generation X. I mean, is there really a large market that identifies with that?

>no Lizzie transformation scene
What's the fucking point?

>the monsters are genetically modified animals instead of humans

Kind of lame

Not bad...

There was a time, long ago, when Walmart of all places, yes, people, Walmart, had a legit fucking arcade.

And I would stand there, while mom shopped for seemingly an hour each time, and play the SHIT out of Rampage.

You newfags wouldn't understand

I'm very disappointed by this whole premise

Why are people so fucking excited for this movie? I mean the trailer doesn't look bad, I like kaiju movies and Dwayne Johnson, but it's the goddamn Rampage movie. Why are people so hyped? This shit's NUMBER ONE trending on Youtube. Do people not realize it's a vidya movie?

Who else jacked off to this ending shot?

>yfw the creators of John Wick or Drive will never make a Hotline Miami movie

Looks awful, like all videogame movies. Alays, always comes off as someone barely reading a summary and then ignoring all the details that give the game its identity.

>rampage
>not biofreaks or carnevil

All I wanna hear youtube.com/watch?v=g3gI1Uuk7gM on the big screen. Is that too much to ask.

>Dwayne Johnson in 2017
He's really regressed a lot since his Rock days, hasn't he?

>No good giant city monster game in years
Imagine Brigador with Movie Monsters instead of mechs and a brighter/cartoonier artmosphere.

It'd be so fun.

>14 pixel boner from 2 decades ago

Now this is nostalgia I can get behind

crock and kingston

>latest godzilla game was shit
>no good pacific rim game ever came out
>no war of the monsters sequel
>king of the monsters has been dead forever
>literally fucking nobody is making giant monster games of any kind

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with people?

Ruby and lizzie are girls

because some guys in their 40s were sitting around throwing out ideas for movies based on old school video games, and somebody said 'does anybody remember that nes game rampage?' from there, the brainstorming became enjoyable enough that the chemical impact on their bodies put them all in positions of pursuit of realizing the idea.

there's nothing complicated. some people felt a strong urge to do something, and then caused that thing to happen through action.

i mean, out of all the games, what better game is there than rampage? if the movie is awful, like most video game movies, is the rampage franchise or brand image going to suffer? are you going to swear off ever playing rampage again, and boycott rampage's developers?

would you prefer it be your favorite game series?

holy fuck this game is amazing.
boris masterrace.

an autistic furry ruined the last one

World Tour was a great game, for sure.

Man, Duncan can fuck off.

This is going to be a neat popcorn flick at least, might go to the movies for the first time in years just to see this.

There's that japanese only kaiju game that came out a few weeks ago where you play as a civilian to escape licensed kaijus like Godzilla, Ultraman, and Gamera and shit.

fuck that game for using the Gamera 2 Gamera instead of the Gamera 3 Gamera

what the fuck
it's definitely going to continue the video game movie adaptation curse

shiet son, how many quarters that take?

Didn't the last game come out like 11 years ago?

>He turns into the flying monster and defeats everyone of them.

I can get behind this

>Touhou live action movies
Imagine the autism clogging the cinemas, it would probably create a chaos god of retardation.

Yeah, I hoped that at least in the last act Rock would become monster to fight other monters. Would be cool.

>the rock playing the rock again
>best paid "actor" of all time because lol muszzles
Thanks, Murrimutts

I got into rampage from the gamecube game and all my friends know it from that not the snes one.