Why the FUCK do you care so much what other people spend their money on?

Why the FUCK do you care so much what other people spend their money on?

Other urls found in this thread:

giantbomb.com/loot-boxes/3015-9059/games/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If it's successful, it gets into other games that Sup Forums may have liked. Shadow of Mordor was well liked but they put in lootbox cancer Shadow of War.

>If it's successful, it gets into other games that Sup Forums may have liked
This literally doesn't happen.

Because when publishers try to normalize this shit, it ends up in fucking everything. In order to make microtransactions more attractive in a game, the rest of the game has to be fucked over.
Remember when years ago, you unlocked shit by playing the game, and it took a reasonable amount of time, effort and skill, and the only fee you paid was for the game itself? Now they lock it behind this wall of in-game currency that they hand out as fucking breadcrumbs, and then give you the "easy way" to get it, through some in-game purchase. Likes, Jesus fuck, they put a monetary value on NOT playing the game.
And when a publisher does it and makes a killing, other studios are like "Oh, that's an okay thing to do now", and it infests other games, and after people complain for a week, the controversy dies down and we're just telling each other to shut up. And then they find another way to fuck us over and it goes in a cycle.

Whether I am willing to spend money or not the gameplay is intentionally altered negatively to try and encourage you to buy loot boxes. They don't make a game and add loot boxes, they make a game around loot boxes.

/thread done.

Don't buy it if you don't like it.

not everyone is rich, user.
try to understand.

>why not just not buy DLC?
>why not just not buy games?
>why don't you want your hobby to be more expensive for you?
good questions OP, you seem like a stand-up guy. you can come over to my place and fuck my wife.

>why don't you want your hobby to be more expensive for you

Literally what the fuck do loot boxes and shit like BF2 have anything to do with your hobby being expensive?

>"WAAAAAAAHHH stop telling people what's bad"
You're enabling bad practices by not speaking up

This
I was literally ready to drop $100 day one

>Companies dont take successful business practices off each other

Delusional, I bet youre some ancap larper too. Fucking cringe.

Well yeah, I don't by any retail game that has microtransactions or loot boxes in them.

The gameplay balance is deliberately fucked over to encourage you to buy microtransactions. You don't honestly think companies like EA or Blizzard throw them in for "player choice", do you?

>Durrrr, who cares if every game becomes shit XDDD Just don't buy it lol!

Anyway, OP. If you weren't a shitstirring retard you'd have seen that money is not the issue for most people. It's that the game gets literally fucked with to make microtransactions attractive. That said, if you didn't have the emotional capacity of a cumstain on your moms thigh you'd realise that yourself.

play something else
there's more games in existence than you'll ever be able to play and complete in your lifetime

>thousands of hours
OR
>thousands of dollars

I'd rather play something that has a legitimate progression.

They ruin it for the rest of us.

>go into a store
>see a brand of cereal you don't like
>immediately start to have an autistic fit of rage
>"I DONT LIKE THIS CEREAL, I DONT WANT IT IN MY STORE"
>"IM PICKLE RICK, REEEEEEE"
>stomp your feet and leave

Just an average day in the life of the nu-Sup Forums user.

The fucking irony. There's a similar comic where a guy eats expensive "deluxe" shit, and he bitches about other people not being able to afford the bag of scat.

Why can't some games be P2W? I'm tired of all these F2P friendly games. I just want a high quality Pay2win game that isn't for mobile and isn't a Korean MMO.

None of this would matter if you just didn’t buy the game

both are correct and don't contradict eachother

>games get content locked behind paywalls and lootboxes
>people still buy it
>more and more games have this

IT DOESNT AFFECT U HURRDURR

But every game does not use them. In fact less than 1% of games that came out this year uses them.

>doesn't realize the practices will spread to cover literally everything if there isn't consumer pushback against it
I honestly can't even tell if you're genuine or not
the charitable interpretation would obviously be that you're trolling
but I've seen so many people genuinely hold opinions of this level of stupidity lately that I can't help but question myself, even when faced with such as - what should be such an unambiguous troll

Because it artificially pads out the game, forcing you to either spend money on the lootboxes to speed it up, or sit through the monotonous grind.

Poorfags need to get a job. Either that or leave the video games to the employed adults.

Shitty indie games and visual novels don't count as actual games.

You might as well go buy an elaborate trophy and have it engraved with your name.

having mp content locked is shitty design

>being this retarded

Because enough people spending their money on cancer will make the cancer spread to things that I enjoy.

>"Look at me, giving money to EA, Warner Brothers, and Blizzard for shit that used to be free in video games! Poor people just need to get their shit together! I'm not spending money irresponsibly at all!"

So you want AAA quality games but don't want to pay AAA prices.

and it is infinitely preferable when that number rises to 2% next year that the 2% does not include a game i would otherwise support and want to play badly. it is unfortunate when game balance breaking garbage infects a franchise i care about.

fortunately i hate star wars. but i pity the star wars fans.

>buy cereal
>pay extra for included toy
>eating chocolate for breakfast over the age of 7

>What does an intentionally addiction influencing monetary system have to do with making games more expensive?

It lowers the quality of the game when developers focus on making the game have an addictive but highly profitable structure for a small group of players rather than just a good game for everyone.

TF2 was the only western game with the concept of a lootbox a few years ago
look where we are now

>a video game used to be 30 or 40 dollars for the whole package
>bumped up to 60 but still the whole page
>60 but now you can get the rest of the game as DLC for 30 more.
>60 or 70 dollars with and the rest of the game on DLC for 30 and you cant get all the items in the game without having to spend 5 dollars a random amount of times until you get what youre looking for

Thats what i want from my product, less for more money.

Because some people are addicted to gambling and can't help themselves. It's exploitation.

Fuck off shill

>why don't you let your hobby become more shitty and just not say anything

kys fgt

Because the slippery slope meme is real in business. If something is profitable, other people will copy it. In the past year alone there have been over 20 games featuring lootboxes, do you think that all of the publishers just decided to do this in a vacuum? No, they looked at games like Overwatch, saw a profit when people were complacent and refused to speak up about it and implemented it in their own games. How do you think we got from expansion packs, to DLC, to Day-1 DLC, to lootboxes? It was specifically because of the "don't like it don't buy it and shut up" meme that you're spreading right now.

giantbomb.com/loot-boxes/3015-9059/games/

What if.. a game where:
>Everything from menu buttons to gameplay mechanics, enemies, and locations you can do things at
Were all locked away in:
>Various loot boxes
With the only thing unlocked from the start being 5 Menu Item Loot Boxes, the Opening Loot Boxes page, and the real-money Shop page. You can't buy anything directly, you can only buy loot boxes. But you can also earn them through playing the game/idling if you haven't unlocked the "Play" button yet. But you also need to unlock "Loot Boxes from level-up" mechanic from the Mechanics Loot Box to get more than way, along with the Level Up Mechanic.

>the state of nu/v/

games are intentionally addictive, I guess we should ban those

games should cost $75 if they kept up with inflation

EA plis go

take your business elsewhere

Wait but don't cereal with prizes inside tend to cost more than the regular kind?

You don't keep paying for the same game in almost all non subscription based games in order to keep playing it.

Less than 1% of games have day one DLC by pure statistics too, but everyone would call you a fucking idiot by pretending that's a meaningful statistic.

>Implying the slippery slope is just a meme

$75? You do know that there were SNES games that launched at $70, right?

You don't pay to play games more outside subscription games you dumb shit.

Because how people spend their money influences the direction of the industry as a whole. Companies will persue the most profitable option, and consumers become desensitized with exposure, therefore, if for example loot crates prove profitable, not only will companies continue to use them, but consumers in general will gradually become more comfortable with more and more content being locked behind them. Battlefront 2 already tried pushing the limit and we pushed back, but another 2, 3 games pushing the limit like that? We'll become used to it, the pushback will lose momentum each time, and eventually we will give in and accept it.

And the average American wage adjusted for inflation should be around $80,000 a year (its around 50k)

>reading comprehension
Assuming F2P, I'd play it just for the novelty.

Video games were never good. Most games pre 2000 were a crap shoot on whether or not they'd actually work. Do you know how many non functioning bug riddled NES and SNES games are out there? Or the huge range of barely finished first person shooters from the early 2000s? Sure nowadays we have green light and kickstarter bullshit but at least they have an easy to avoid label. Back then you were essentially sticking your hand into a bucket full of mouse traps, hoping to find the winning lottery ticket hidden inside.

Exactly this. Bullshit always trickles down, and our complacency to not speak up when it starts means publishers get away with worse stuff, until we finally hit the breaking point. Star Wars Gamblefront II was the breaking point.

TF2 went free-to-play after, so that mitigated the damage somewhat. And there were only a handful of games between then and now. It was when Overwatch came out and became a hit when publishers saw this loot box shit and ran with it.

wow games are free and addicted people don't buy them, I guess I was wrong

>Because it artificially pads out the game, forcing you to either spend money on the lootboxes to speed it up, or sit through the monotonous grind.

So why would you fucking buy it? It clearly isnt a game meant for you.

>What does an intentionally addiction influencing monetary system have to do with making games more expensive?

Yes, what does it have to do with you? If a game has systems you dont like, why would you buy it?

Glad you can admit you were wrong. That's very mature of you.

>there are only modern games and NES and SNES games

Commadore64 and DOS would like a word with you, you could easily check on the forums if a game was good or not. Shit most forums even had games you could download P2P.

Thats how I got most of the QUEST games.