Simply just be near an enemy

>simply just be near an enemy
>it will make your health go to 3 hp without it even touching you
How is that fair?

Too much insight

EYES

because it is still avoidable

I would've been fine with it if it wasnt modified from insight. It took me so long to realize that 99 insight was causing me to instantly die near one.

Why would having more insight hurt you? Shouldn't it be the less insight you have it hurts more because if you have more insight you'd be accustomed to the weird shit by now?

Because you're aware of it in detail compared to having no insight meaning you don't really know about said cosmic horrors, and they're still unknown to you. That's my understanding of it anyways.
Even if you're aware of it (99), that doesn't mean you can necessarily handle the revelation.

The more insight you have, the more ferocious everything will be towards you. Some enemies get new moves and even change in appearance, the guys in the cathedral for example will be carrying a lamp with eyes when you have a lot of insight if I am not mistaken.

Insight is a double edged sword. It lets you see beneath the veil of reality but if you hadn't noticed, it tends to drive people mad.
Mad folks are more prone to frenzy.
At least that's how I see it. It's souls shit, it don't have to make perfect sense.

Isn't the point that your see the nightmarish visions because of your insight?

More insight = you see things normal people can't.

It is unfair. Frenzy is one of the few blemishes in bloodborne, in my opinion.

what game is this

Why does every thread about some old shitty game never fucking let you know which old shitty game it's about?

The more insight you have, the more of the Eldritch Truth you're aware of and the more unhinged you become.

It's Bloodborne.

ignorance is bliss

Laa Laa LaaAAaaAaA

>insight
>in-sight
>eyes on the inside
Did Miyazaki know?

I didn't even explore this bridge. I'd lose so much health that I'd attack twice and go for a sippy, only to get grabbed and die. On top of that, it's hard as fuck to even get there and not just fall to your death.

What's even on the bridge?

it would be fine if it just knocked you down to low health but more often than not it out right killed me

Is there a con to having low insight (besides not having insight to spend?)

Ignorance is bliss.

It's pretty logical, you're looking at something so horrifying that most people can't comprehend it. The more you comprehend it the worse off you are, because it's THAT bad. There's no "oh I see it has X weakness" shit for insight, it's "oh I see this thing is a horrifying abomination that should not exist" and that's it.

They are fucking annoying. You can do the thing where you wait for the frenzy bar to about half fill, then parry their attack and riposte so that the bar fills during the visceral animation and you take no damage, but after the first few playthrough I couldn't be bothered with that (it's sorta hit or miss and sometimes the animation will finish just before the bar fills and you get fucked anyway) and just started spamming vials and sedatives and fighting them like a normal enemy. Doing that means you only need to do that bridge section once and you can get on with your life.

gud stuff
They also have a chance to drop damn good gems.

Can't co-op, certain things won't occur.

Oh yeah, having low insight means your beast meter is big, so it's harder to attain max with a beast blood pellet or Beast Claws.

cant get to nightmare world?

I thought that just meant you had a higher max

It caps at 80% damage gain iirc, so having the meter be shorter means you can reach that quicker, from what I've seen and my understanding of it. It's utilized mostly in speedrunning from what I've seen, although it's fun to do in certain Chalice dungeons as well.
If someone corrects me I'll be glad, because this is the extent of what I know about the gauge.

A couple of things you need for platinum

IIRC you're probably thinking of the beasthood stat, the higher your beasthood the higher the "base" of that bar will be. Get it high enough and you'll be at max damage boost even with a single pixel on the bar. (This is from memory mind you, ask /bbg/ if you want a full rundown)

You can get to the Nightmare Frontier via an item given by an npc or through the lower area of the Nightmare Lecture Hall, and you go to the Nightmare of Mensis as part of the main story.

Use frenzy resistant armour

You can either parry them and have the visceral i-frame through the frenzy, use the medicine or just vials. Or just stunlock them with a big weapon.
Also runes and armor to increase frenzy resist.