S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Thread

Welcome to the Zone, rookie. Which faction would you join?

Other urls found in this thread:

rainymood.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=KRRGYEFZF4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who are Lawful evil and Neutral evil?
My memory fails me

military and monolith?

Loner forever

Oh it's the Ukrianian military and Mercenary

For some reason someone switched around the bandits and the mercs. Mercs have never been 'evil' since they deal with everyone. Loners, scientists, other mercs, and even bandits.

This is otherwise accurate.

Ecologists for life.

the science team because their bunker in CoP is comfy af

Freedom for life

Military and Mercenaries respectively, although neutral evil doesn't really sound right for the mercs because well... they're just mercs. They don't seem inherently good or evil. If anything they ought to be chaotic neutral and then the bandits should be neutral evil

> mfw I thought you were dual wielding RPKs somehow for a moment

Haha that'd be neat, was just showing off that I found two of them there. At least in the version of CoC I was playing, there's a bandit that sometimes spawns with a PKM in the Garbage.

There's actually a new version of CoC out but it's not -fully- out, and not supported by any mods. I'm waiting until at the very least, armory mods.

Monolith. The zone should not be purged or protected, it must be cleansed. Also because doing a monolith run in DMMAE is one of the most fun experiences I've had. It's strange making your way to the rookie village only to kill everyone there.

Ecologists, full stop.

>rpk
those are pkms though

Who cares? They're both big guns that go BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA

rpk is basically just a reinforced ak.

PKM's in 7.62x54r, RPK's are either in 5.45x39 or in 7.62x39.

Calibers make a huge difference in the game in terms of when you can get ahold of them, and if you're not playing a mod, PKM's are endgame / third phase of stalking and an RPK is closer to between first and second phase.

How do I get into this game? There are so many mods its hard to know what to do.

the best stalker pkm was the one in clear sky you could steal off a tank. it came with 2000 rounds and you never had to reload.

Love these games just wish the AI wasn't so fucking OP. I got to the first bunker in shadow of Chernobyl and enemy stalkers outnumber me badly and they're all Russian CSGO players with aimbot hacks.

Your first playthrough of any stalker game should be vanilla. The only exceptions would be purely bug fixing mods if you can't stand the glitchiness. From there you can basically go wild with what you want to install. Just don't do anything stupid and always have backups of your installs.

The military.

>sit in a border post in safety
>jerk off
>go and shoot some loner every so often

Vanilla SoC for you.

>load game and you're standing
>everything within a 50m radial sphere knows exactly where you are

How is Clear Sky neutral good when they're basically identical to the Monolith?

Clear Sky doesn't mug people, and they fight bandits. They give you a helping hand. They focus on science and understanding.

They also don't have a giant brainwashing machine.

>want to progress in game
>AI straight up snipe your ass with assault rifle innawoods and you can barely figure out where they are

Shit gets real in the zone no wonder they drink so much

I don't think you understand what Clear Sky stands for. They're like if Duty had been founded by scientists instead of soldiers. They want to learn about and understand the zone so they can destroy it. Their leaders were also responsible for the zone becoming what it was which is why they feel the obligation to stop it.

Bandits and Monolith hold a special place in my heart,but honestly if not just a free stalker --A mercenary.

What map / area are you in? What weapons do you have? Where are you headed?

That doesn't make them anything like the monolith by nature. They would have every single reason to deal with monolith in the same way they do bandits.

>That doesn't make them anything like the monolith by nature. They would have every single reason to deal with monolith in the same way they do bandits.
Nigger did you even read my post? Where am I comparing Clear Sky to Monolith. If anything I'm telling you why they aren't monolith. Read comprehension.

I read your post but not who you were responding to.

Thanks for making me look.

Duty is best ofc

When Strelok gets too close to the truth, they spend the whole game trying to kill him.

VAAAT U GOT IN THERE, AAAAAA-SHOT?

Maybe with mods, but mercs kill everyone normally

Only in SoC. In Clear Sky they help you out and in Call of Pripyat they're largely neutral, warning you not to come into their territory and only shooting if you keep going. The merc hit squad that came for you only did so because they were paid to. You can hire mercs to protect the scientists and then they're your friends.

I'd say Bandits but since i'm not a fucking scumbag i'll be rolling with the Loners

rainymood.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=KRRGYEFZF4A

Who /ecologist/ here? Running around doing experiments, gathering samples and helping out your fellow stalker while wearing trashbags is the best

this.

Should I get into this series and if so what game should I get first?
Can somebody give me a quick rundown?
Can you be a rogue mercenary?

>When Strelok gets too close to the truth, they spend the whole game trying to kill him.
They aren't doing it because he's close to the truth. Strelok going into the heart of the Zone was making blowouts worse and more frequent. Scar, the PC in Clear Sky, had the goal of stopping Strelok because blowouts were directly harming his nervous system after he got caught in one, and every proceeding blowout was only degrading it further.

Are there any good add ons for misery?