Why is Sup Forums still in denial that this game is a masterpiece?

Why is Sup Forums still in denial that this game is a masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Hunt?wprov=sfla1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get out of here, witcher!

I always play and get bored in the first hour or so.

because i work at bioware

When did Sup Forums get taken over by plebs? The entire witcher series is a masterpiece.

Because Sup Forums is full of insufferable forever-alone faggots.

Because some of us are old enough to remeber the best RPG ever made.

because theres a fuck ton of input lag, the combat sucks ass, witcher senses to win, huge with nothing that jumps out as exciting and different, inventory system is a cluster fuck, the story is pretty mediocore.

My biggest complaint tho is a small one.

What thee fuck, kind of name, is, WILD HUNT for your fucking villian, and could he have been any more generic bullshit? fucking Wild Hunt it makes all of zero sense.

It's Game of Thrones the game, nothing more.

The uneducated underage faggot has spoken. Thank you for your unneeded opinions. I think it's past your bed time though.

>don't damage my thoughts of this by making he realize how truly mediocore and boring playing my favoritve game was
>maybe i can convince everyone he has bad taste

so why did you like it dick cheese? see your first pair of titties in it or what?

I personally found the combat to be refreshing and very fun and the story both captivating and easy to get into for no book readers. But well that is your opinion and I respect you.

I can't get into this game. I played 20 hrs and it didn't click with me. Fantasy based games aren't that interesting to me. Maybe it's all the magical bullshit. I haven't played Skyrim for this reason.

lmao I can't believe these memes are still being spouted

the game is fucking amazing and a great experience Sup Forums, get over it. and if you didn't play it on deathmarch dont bother even arguing

Thank you, I hope you can continue to have fun with Witcher 3, wasn't for me but i definitely understand people liking it.

It's a chore to play the actually game if you ask me, everything done just feels like a nusance, and even tho it's open world it is artificially closed off with level capping

This

You're not seriously arguing in favor of level scaling I hope, Oblivion should be a prime example of why that is a very bad decision.

>Oblivion

Level scaling implemented lazily in a game with the most retarded levelling system ever created does not mean level scaling is bad.

>its a chore
its a damn fun chore then m8.

Honestly I think I might have to replay it this weekend it has been too long

Who cares about Oblivion? Skyrim had level scaling and because of that it's the best open world game out there. Compare it to Fallout 4, which is basically the same thing but didn't have it. Every playthrough on Fallout 4 and Witcher 3 is identical. In Skyrim you can go wherever you want whenever you want

It isn't a masterpiece. Well I guess it depends on your definition of a masterpiece, but a lot of the game was either mediocre or bad. I didn't play the whole thing, so I can't say to much for certain. The game looks good, and I'm sure the story is good, but everything else, especially the actual gameplay, is what would prevent me from calling it a masterpiece.

I can't seem to detect if you're shitposting

Seconded

Mediocre combat, empty world navigated with objective markers, shitty RPG mechanics.

Learn to Google search, faggot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Hunt?wprov=sfla1

Everyone already knows you have bad taste from your first post. And it doesn't matter why I liked it, no matter what I say you're going to be a contrarian edgelord about it.

This. Specialy the combat system, it's just some Batman tier shit, which doesn't make sense for an RPG.

The Witcher 3 combat logic:
>Get surrounded by a bunch of enemies
>All you have to do is block and counter attack at the right moment

All the fancy shit you have suposedly do to beat the monsters are useless on average dificult.

You know a game's combat system is shit when you have to increse the dificult to have any actual challenge.

The story isn't that good either. It's nothing special in any level. Its real merit is that it is an average/low creativity story told in a competent way

>hates witcher
>likes skyrim

I bought it and realizrd my toaster won't handle it so I can't play it until I can build my own set up. Witcher 2 was fun so I expect 3 to be fun.

Todd go to sleep.

Because I couldn't enjoy it. But i'll give it another shot this summer when ill get myself high on benzos.

You have actually never played the game if you keep spouting this meme. 100% of the people who say this shit are being disingenuous and have either not played it or have played it and know this is false and still shitpost. Hitting the parry key will only parry. It does not instantly kill like in Ass creed. It does exactly what it does in Dark Souls. It makes them stumble back for a second and allows you to then attack them it does not do all the work for you. Furthermore you can only use it against humans and human sized monsters like Nekkers and Drowners and EVEN THEN it only makes Geralt take a step back swipe his sword in their general direction (if you dont measure your spacing right it will miss) and combat stays fluid. AT NO POINT DOES HITTING PARRY INSTANTLY KILL SOMEONE. You parry and then attack. If you happen to kill them after that it is not a result of hitting X to instantly win.

Very comfy atmosphere but other than that the combat/exploration gameplay is nothing extraordinary and even infuriating at moments

Except I actually played the game, including its DLCs, and in this game parry is so easy to execute it's boring, unlike in Dark Souls.

The main flaw of the combat system isn't the parrying though, is its logic in which you get surrounded by the enemies and your only option is to counterattack.
There's no preenptive meassures.
You have little control of combat pacing because you're constantly surrounded. Your only option is to react to enemie attacks. Reaction over action it's a stupidy way to design a combat system because it makes action necessarily a responsive meassure and never a preenptive one.

In Dark Souls you focus on an enemie and he becomes the center of the perimeter of the combat. You surround the enemie, which allows you to control the pacing of the fight, making it more deeper because it allows different aproachs.
This mechanic makes sense.

On the other hand, to be the center of the combat makes zero sense from all points of view.
If a real combat situation was paced like this even a mutant like Geralt would be defeated by a bunch of average soldiers.
I get it is fantasy but some things have to follow an at least reasonable pattern to be convincing.

>I hated it so much that I plaued the entire game and all the DLC's
Sure thing, bud.

Not an argument.

Also, I never said I hated it. It's a good RPG, but it isn't a masterpiece.
I said the combat system isn't good, I played it for the story.

yeah, enemies have too much mobility, which is always a bad idea, the player should have the higher mobility if you don't want to feel like a retarded tank
simply increasing the walking speed when you fight would improve the game a lot, I don't know why they decided Geralt has to step so slowly

i hated it but paid 60 dollars for it and the DLCs so i forced myself to finish this boring game so i would get my moneys worth.