Stop wasting your money on bad games

Don't buy AAA games. Seriously don't. Stop buying this shit.

>But maybe this next one will be goo-

If it isn't still fun after 5+ years then it's a waste. AAA games are made to be replaceable so you burn more money on them.

Don't get scammed by indie devs that have no clue what they're doing either.

The way to stop being mad at videogames is to only play good videogames. If you luck out and live to the ripe old age of 90, you will have lived for 4,680 weeks. Don't waste them on shitty garbage that you regret playing. If you actually like playing games a a hobby then give it the respect a hobby deserves.

You can't tell me what to do faggot.

FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME

What if my favorite series is a AAA western game? What then, Sup Forums?

I guess you gotta stop buying them because some autist on Sup Forums said so.

give me a list of approved games by your standards then.

Preaching to the choir mate.

*triple a games aren't that bad when the developers try atleast*

Acquire taste.

Those hue hues look like they are having fun.

Man I bought CoD WW2 new for 60 bucks and fucking gamestop because I was hyped all year for it back to its roots and I was hoping it was going to be like Call of Duty 2. I was very wrong and I regret spending the money on it

You have to remember that most faggots on Sup Forums don't understand what a good game is. These are the people who unironically believe Undertale is terrible because reddit likes it. People who defend clear examples of artificial difficulty because muh hardcore gamer meme. People who can't understand any plot that isn't completely spelled out for them. People who refuse to play any SJW game without even understanding what an SJW is.

Nobody here cared about microtransactions in games until Battlefront II. What does this mean? That Sup Forums is mostly normies who were going to buy Battlefront II. Sup Forums isn't some patrician's hideout. This board is mostly normies who play cinematic AAA games, only they don't call them cinematic games unless said game is on a platform they don't own.

Undertale, Rockstar, and now EA are the ultimate examples of Sup Forums's hypocrisy and contrarianism.

But Witcher 3 was amazing, and it's AAA. Resident Evil 7 was also a AAA masterpiece. Fallout 4 was AAA, and while not perfect, it provided some fun. Far Cry primal, AAA game, but still a good game.

Are you trying to say that a AAA game is bad by default? If that was the case people wouldn't buy them. See this is the issue with Sup Forums's opinion on games, any passable flaw is always taken out of proportion as some glaring, gamebreaking issue, this is especially true for AAA games, the best example I have of this is MGSV, the game was clearly made with care, time, compassion, with artistic integrity in mind and doing everything possible to make the game FUN, but oooh it doesn't have genius AI intellect, or the landscapes lack a bit of variety, or the stealth isn't 100 percent true to MGS' legacy, and then it gets deemed "trash".
My point is, not all AAA titles are bad games, it's the ridiculous expectations you people set, this is why game devs usually don't like reviewers because they review a game from an ivory tower without having to know the actually resources and toiling that goes into making such a product, such a complex form of entertainment, something you all take for granted.
One day gaming really will go to shit and become a corporate shovelware sports simulator machine, and you people are going to miss a time when effort was put into things.

>This board is mostly normies who play cinematic AAA games, only they don't call them cinematic games unless said game is on a platform they don't own.

It wasn't always like this

There's literally nothing wrong with a cinematic game. Refute me on this and I'll win the argument.

>Call of cthulhu
>Gun
>Myth 2
>fucking Grim Grimmoire
10/10 list.

MGSV is a bad game, "b-but muh effort, it took a million years to make!" is not an argument.

Cinematic games are made to provide a flashy, but ultimately low-skill product in an effort to appeal to as many people as possible. This is counterproductive to gaming a hobby, and firmly positions such games as interactive entertainment or "virtual adventures" (similar to "choose your own adventure" fiction) rather than games of skill.

Or in other words, they're made to be a simple distraction and occupy time. The people who most enjoy cinematic games are often frustrated with their own life and play videogames to "succeed" at something instead of playing videogames because they simply obtain joy from playing videogames, win or lose. These are the same people who throw controllers or slam the mouse/keyboard when their character dies, and buy the latest crap on the AAA treadmill just because it gives them something to do socially.

And just saying "it's a bad game!!!" Isn't an argument either. It has a lot of content, limitless options on approaching situations, limitless options on equipment combinations, it's mechanically sound in all aspects, and the ranking system gives an, albeit trivial, incentive to play more cautiously rather than go in guns blazing. It looks great, it sounds great, it pays homage to previous MGS games, the game even adapts to your style of play, something I tested for myself, and in chapter two it even let's you play previous missions with added difficulty, some obvious, like total stealth setting, very self explanatory, get caught, mission fail, and some not so obvious, like landmines being placed along the route you took before to infiltrate. It isn't perfect, and I can list it's flaws myself, but a bad game, it is not, and I know you can't give me a good reason why it is a bad game.

ROUND UNA

If you see gaming as a hobby, then yes, you have a point, but gaming isn't meant to be a hobby, it's meant to be entertainment, such as watching a film, or listening to music, but it's meant to be the most interactive form of entertainment, when you watch a movie, you can only be so invested in a characters plights or problems, but when you now have to play as that character and are meant to solve their issues yourself, you are now 100 times more invested than in a film, because a film will progress start to finish on it's own, a game waits for you to succeed. This is why cinematic games are fine, because they offer the opportunity for a player to feel more a part of the story than in a movie, in a movie, what'shisface saved the day, but in game, cinematic or not, YOU did.

I don't understand the crybabies in this board. There are plenty of other games to play that aren't even AAA quality that are still fun and engaging. Why are you fags so desperate for only AAA games? If you hate AAA games so much then explore other games out there. It's not that hard.

The best games, the shining examples of games, are games that were designed in the manner of "gaming as a hobby."

"Gaming as entertainment" is a relatively new phenomenon.

Not true. Do you think the creators of Galaga were like "yeah, people are going to take this stuff seriously and dedicate years of time to mastering it."? Or for that matter, Nintendo games as a whole? If anything, gaming as a hobby is relatively new, with the Advent of competitive games and online play, along with sponsoring for professional play. Games were made to be complex toys to begin with.

>meant to be entertainment, such as watching a film, or listening to music,
>film and music
>mean to be merely entertainment

And how can you actually be invested in cinematic games when they just carry you along for the ride? You don't get to actually make any meaningful gameplay choice, only a child would be truly tricked into believing that he's really "doing it".
Can you be anymore of a fucking pleb, jesus christ what a trainwreck of a post.

> Do you think the creators of Galaga were like "yeah, people are going to take this stuff seriously and dedicate years of time to mastering it."?

Yes that's the point of arcade games you moron.

>Nintendo

Super mario bros has the entire game intentionally built around you playing it over and over and getting a little better each time.

I never said all cinematic games are good, I said there isn't anything wrong with them, and being given choice doesn't necessarily dictate whether or not you will be invested, if characters are written well and you can relate to them, it enhances the experience. What exactly is your point here? That if a game always takes you the same way, you cant feel emotionally invested? Fuck dude, you must be one miserable prick then.

I'll spend my money on 20 copies of FIFA if I want to faggot.

>Arcade games

They were meant to make money, players getting good at it is an afterthought, if that.

>Intentionally built around you playing it over and over

The point of that was so children could be entertained or at least occupied for a long time, the idea was that difficult in a game = longer play time, and this is apparent in almost any game pre-2000. Nintendo never expected adults to become a demographic of their product, why do you think they were so stern with adult themes in their games?

>Inb4 Mortal Kombat

One example doesn't disregard every other instance.