So I got to level 11 and I'm already bored out of my mind

So I got to level 11 and I'm already bored out of my mind.

Is this what people meant by vanilla being better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3CJ4UXJq7GE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is this your first time playing world of warcraft?

devs have admitted low level retail is broken and terrible

I've leveled a couple characters to 20 on legion. It was more boring there. That said this being less boring doesn't change the fact that its boring.

Also hunter is complete trash

i rolled a hunter on a starter account to see how it was since the last time I played which was in wrath.

By the time I finished all the quests in the zone and got to darnassus i was two shoting everything while running. 90% of the time my pet wouldn't even get to attack and I was level 13 when I first stepped onto darkshore.

fuck that game

is wow your first mmo? Because the whole genre is just grinding out repetitive shit to get a slight increase in power over and over. It may just not be for you if you’re not enjoying your character

Ditto.

It sucks ass the only vanilla server with more than 1x leveling has only a few hundred people.

Leveling to 69 literally takes more than 5 days of gametime. Why am I going to waste my fucking time clicking shit for that long to get to the good stuff?

you don't have to rush to 60, there's a new dungeon like every 5 levels

It takes about 1 hour to get to level 20 in legion.

In vanilla that would take a couple days.

Yeah, that's due to levels suffering from similar problems that old content and items suffer from as an MMO starts to become top heavy with expansions. The grind either gets progressively worse and insurmountable as new expansions are released, or it's adjusted to the point that getting to/through the old content and it's associated gear is inconsequential.

pve was shit, pvp was shit, and class balance was shit its pure nostalgia that keeps vanillafags coming back. they think they'll feel that magic again from when they were kids with no responsiblities exploring a mysterious world with other people but everythings already been data mined, theres nothing to explore, the magic is gone. its just normal WoW now without all the quality of life improvements.

burning crusade fixed most problems and made it 10x better, vanilla was utter dog shit, I only had 3k hours on it because it was korean grind

Shit I had to cap my xp in retail cause I was blowing through dungeons so fast. Just wanted to chill and heal.

speak for yourself fag, i started playing again and its everything i remembered

is that why nost had so many players?

10k concurrent players on all their servers combined, half of which were russian and chinese bots, and was basically f2p so all the BRs and 3rd worlders got in on the action. not sure how you consider that a success when it started with a fuckhuge population and that dropped to 10k~ in about 2 weeks.

bump

This. I've been playing on a vanilla server for a day now and it's extremely refreshing actually seeing people out and about in your zone. It's also exciting when you see a green item drop. It feels better than getting a purple in Legion.

Grouping up and taking down a named mob for your quest is infinitely better than just being a DPS drone in Legion and killing 5 mobs at a time.

It didn't take days to reach 20 in vanilla you retard.

Ok so I was just rhinking of something funny.

What if they release Classic... on the Nintendo Switch?

A console release makes a lot of sense these days, the modern machines can handle vanilla textures smoothly.

>Meanwhile on live
Im level 101 and im already bored out of my mind

Is this what people meant by QOL changes are better?

Casually playing on a fresh character with no item boosting it takes a decent amount of time, maybe 1 or 2 days if you really poop sock it.

The fastest I leveled a character in Vanilla was 1-50 in 3 days, mind you I was also in school at that time, but I was leveling a warrior and had a ton of crafted mail/plate gear and BOE blue 2H swords for every 5-10 levels

Can we at least keep wardentowers and legion invasions when the time traveling disaster super bad Chromie throws the whole world back into vanilla era?

No, it really doesn't, you can easily get to 20 in an afternoon.

Sure, if you play a hunter or rogue.

The game is pretty much unplayable if you arn't in a party with friends on discord. It's the only way to really have any fun and cicrumvent the grind.

Also once you get to contseted areas (aka every single zone level 25+ that exists) if you are not twinked to high heaven or in a group life will be hell for you. You will be killed by people on the enemy faction at every single quest zone at least once and than killed again when trying to turn it into to Nessingwary. Sometimes you will be corpse camped and can't play at all.

If there are no enemy faction players the people playing in partys on your own faction will make life hell for you by using their superiority numbers to monopolize the quest objectives. You won't get a single kill until they are done with their kill count....and assuming another person doesn't enter the zone to repeat the process.

And God help you if you don't have a big group of IRL friend when you get to raiding. Favoritism is the name of the game and unless you are friends with importaint people in the guild you basically have a 2% chance to get any drop in the raid...a raid which btw you will not be allowd to enter unless you do favors for the GM and his friend, such as run their characters, use your crafting proffession to give them free stuff, or outright give them money.

Anyone playing this game solo past level 15 is a fucking idiot and will be far behind everyone else with friends and a social life.

Almost all of the good dungeons are backloaded.

>The game is pretty much unplayable if you arn't in a party with friends on discord. It's the only way to really have any fun and cicrumvent the grind.
i level from 1 to 60 on EQ as an Ogre shaman back in Val by myself I think ill be fine against Wow's """""""grind"""""""

luckily they're fixing this soon by appling
level scaling from 1 to 60 to classic zones

How can you be leveling already when Vanilla has not been around for 10 years?

Private servers obviously don't count.

Light's hope has a greater player density than Vanilla ever did at any point in time.

It's insane. Mobs are being killed so fast that they are constantly spawning ontop of you. Every single zone you have to fight over the right to mark targets. I get 50 honor kills A DAY just from normal questing in low-mid level zones.

Every single dungeon has at least 2 groups forming at any given time.

want to be unkillable, and the biggest asshat possible

can't choose between dorf SP, or SL orc lock

>implying only PvP servers exist
>implying private servers have anything to do with Vanilla WoW

Fuck you uneducated customer servant.

you'll get more value and motivation out of the permanence of official servers

Curious as well.

>VC
>Gnomer
>SFK
>SM

The biggest point of WoW Vanillia was it's community. Modern WoW is too streamlined to have any resonable community going on and in Vanillia if you refuse to play with other people you'd get lost or killed.

It's really more fun with friends or other people. WoW nowadays is basically a single player game.

You just listed all the good shit, when are you going to finish the post and explain the bad stuff

>VC

I'd like a portable version of the game that I can play with controllers in bed. There is an addon that allows for controller inputs but I too lazy to set it up

Looking at joana's 4d20h speedrun, it took him about 9½ hours to get from 1 to 20. So unless your afternoon lasts from 12:01 to 21:31, it's going to take you more than an afternoon.

What's wrong with private servers?

You know Blizzard's vanilla isn't going to be a perfect replica of old vanilla either? Nothing ever will be because players change with time.

Co-op is fantastic. Playing solo is basically asking to get your face stepped on repeatedly by everyone including members of your own faction and your own guild.

DM is Diremaul

>What's wrong with private servers
How fucking new are you.

If you go full autismo and speed run in takes 10 hours to get 1-20. It takes more than a day famalam

Not only was dire maul not released until a few months into the game, it was always referred to with specific wings, e.g. DM:E, DM:W, DM tribute.

DM is deadmines. DM:N or DM:W or etc is Dire Maul. Literally all you have to do is shift click and realize that a level 19 isn’t looking for a dire maul group

None of this crap has affected my experience. I'm doing excellent in the game's economy. Light's hope economy is actually incredibly newbie friendly. Everything on the AH is stupidly cheap.

What's even your fucking point? You've got an entire world filled with hundreds of players to interact with and massive environments and dungeons and what occupies your mind are the petty scams of some nerd?

Nobody ever referred to Diremaul as just DM. It was always referred to by wing. That and it was released well after Deadmines

That doesn't change the fact that Deadmines was always refered to as VC for Van Cleef

No it was referred to as DM from the beginning as it was the only DM

DM west=Dead Mines West(Fall)

maybe mmos aren't for you buddy
feel free to try something like dota or league

Did you call SFK, A for Arugal too?

>two-shoting mobs in heirloom gear
>take off heirlooms
>still two-shoting mobs

Things are so busted that all the tank classes, priests, and warlocks can level from 15-55 by soloing dungeons and still be getting xp at the same rate or faster than quests.

The private servers are filled with third worlders, children and so on who are normally blocked behind paywalls, hence the community is entirely different and toxic, the economy is fucked up due to corruption and server populations, the game is not patched but remains stale, the admins are basically degenerates who would never get any kind of responsibility in real life yet players are supposed to trust them, the list goes on.

I love Vanilla WoW but absolutely hate private servers and shitters who play on them. They are not comparable.

I bet you call the Temple of Atal'Hakkar Sunken Temple

You can't compare any private server with a professional job.

Private servers have professional thieves who work towards admin/mod status just to cheat gold to sellers. Most of the time it's the main devs themselves too.

In addition to this it's free to play, so the worst 3rd world crowd and endless bots.

Vanilla WOW was special at the time as the biggest MMORPG in history. It had massive real world impact and playerbase. You knew who was a raider in WOW because they didn't do anything else but it and work/school if that.

The "Grind" in such a game was fine, because it was so popular and the rewards felt like they had meaning because of this. It was most people's first mmorpg too and playing grindy games was new to them. IT was just cool to be on an alive server and seeing other people. That's normal today across all types of games.

Keep in mind this was when singleplayer was the de-facto standard of play. Consoles didn't even have online at the time.

The magic of WOW vanilla won't come back with the re-release but it will get a lot of new interest in MMORPGS and probably be a success on par with most major modern MMORPG releases.

My better server referred to Deadmines as DM....

ST

I got 20 in a few hours on elysium, stop blowing this shit out of proportion.

The real struggle with vanilla levelling is when you hit that dead zone in the 50-60 range and have to unironically grind mob kills for xp because you are out of quests

There has literally never been a mmorpg since WoW with anything close to it's overall success. If you have ever been hyped for a mmorpg release it pales in comparison to the hype around for WoW. It's impossible to explain to kiddies. While it eventually led to the decline and overall shit state of MMORPGs, at the time it was completely unique high point in online gaming. Modern gaming is literal shit compared to the purity that existed back then.

play on a vanilla private server and you'll see the true experience. It's not for everyone btw.

t. Leastern Kingdoms shitter

>What is FF XI?

Modern gamers won't get past lvl 6 or so before quiting.

>population
Who cares. Play with your IRL friends. This is a fucking social game. You're going to be miserable with "toxic" players no matter what if group with randoms. Form a group with your friends. If you don't have friends WoW will be slow and painful on any fucking server.

>admins
Why do you care? Do you talk to them on a regular basis? Is this seriously your biggest concern? The in game tech support people? LOL

>economy
What do you even mean the economy 'is fucked'? 95% of what you get is from quest, drops, and vendors. I have never found anything on the AH to be priced at unobtainably levels compared to old vanilla.

dead zone is like 35 to 50, after that it's easy

FFXI wasn't WoW level dude. It had a dedicated fanbase but nothing special in terms of overall effect.

WoW hobbled the entire MMORPG industry to this day. It basically killed the genre.

You talk so much out of your filthy ass it's clear you lack education and never played Vanilla WoW in 2004.

current mmos aren't for anyone with a functional brain

>An MMO is unplayable if you refuse to make an effort to play with other people.

No shit Sherlock.

>join a grp for dm:w, got a quest from some nigga
>other party members all level 60 not sure what they're doing still in westfall but whatever
>ask for a summon
>"sorry didn't see u were a noob"
>kicked from group

why is every group i join for dead mines: westfall such a clusterfuck

FFXI is not even comparable. I mean holy shit one must be delusional to think FFXI even rivalled WoW at one point. It certainly did not. WoW became a mainstream pop culture phenomenon, FFXI was played by FF fans who wanted the series to go MMO. In the end, FFXI was just another game while WoW changed everything about the business.

>unironically grind mobs
who the fuck is grinding ironically?

the mmo genre has been revolving around WoW design for too long. Anything over a decent budget has producers saying "Copy WoW, it makes lots of money" or "this game is WoW but with more story" or more pvp etc.

Also it had such a market share of potential subs already invested that they hated on any new mmorpg by default because of time sunk.

The mmorpg is now a bunch of asian games and asians don't have any creativity.

Got to lvl 13. It was fun, but its so fucking lonely

not him, but while its true FFXI wasn't WoW level, it was a far better game for most of its life span, only really vanilla competed with XI in terms of immersion and player interaction.

FFXI is still my most cherished MMO memory, but vanilla wow isn't much far behind it I'll admit.

The problem is that FFXI was so insanely hardcore in its pre abyssea form (even EQ devs said its too EQ for them), that most people didn't get anywhere in it. You had to hook up with the right people to accomplish shit, even mundane shit like levelling. It's possible and maybe likely, that its sheer difficulty is why its so memorable to most, though. Though I do think it has a legit world, if not the best of any MMO.

>want to be unkillable, and the biggest asshat possible

Forsaken Rogue with engineering.

yes, that was back when MMORPG was still an alive genre with creativity and brave original design.

played dota for 1200 in game hours, won't go back to that trash
in wow im bored but atleast im not depressed

MMOs seem populated with a-social, bitter virgins so they always complaining about their experiences with other people. Probably because they party with other a-social, bitter virgins.

MMOs needed to add group finders because they couldn't get their friend to play with them.

I think that VR is going to make MMOs great again btw. The social functions are better in VR than any video game.

youtube.com/watch?v=3CJ4UXJq7GE

You could actually interact and do things in a social way in towns and stuff.

I'll admit it, FFXI was too hardcore for youngster me. I got to level 30 once as a Warrior and then level 20 as a Paladin and by that point I wanted to kill myself because even getting groups for bog standard grinding had gear checks. It felt like I was consistently running up against a wall and that swiftly eliminated my motivation to continue.

it was really bad if you played a super accuracy dependent class, I had to form a static with a samurai friend of mine because he didn't have a haubergeon and thus could never get parties past level 60.

Even for me, who played dragoon (lol) and then quit and played paladin, had trouble finding parties at 70+ because ninjas were popular for xp groups, it took me a legit month to go from 70-75 as a fucking tank

I got in lightshope and have been playing since the announcement. Wailing Caverns is magical, 4 of the armor of the fang set dropped in a single playthrough and me and the hunter got half. I want to run it again because we failed to help disciple of naralax.

It's probably for the best that I didn't continue, because my original intent was to go Beastmaster, back when the misconceptions surrounding the class were still fresh.

>Playing on a vanilla PvP server.
>Get ganked a ton, but also have cool experiences where the gankers let me live because I actually managed to survive long enough to earn their respect.
>Or cases where, lacking any Alliance around, I met Horde and managed to emote-communicate with them and cooperate on quests together.

there were some legit madmen beastmasters, but the sheer thought of playing a solo class in old FFXI is horrifying

>reset day on a PvP server
>prime time for raiding
>all the shit guilds are going to MC
>all the top dogs are going to BWL
>random shitters going to BRD or Blackrock Spire
>all that fucking PvP

I love Blackrock Mountain, best place in the whole game.

It's true.
> new Orc Warlock
> want to dive into Orc world
> want to have all those original Warcraft feelings
> first quest
> kill 6 boars
> ...
> fuck this shit.
> suffering my way to level 10
> why did I ever love this?
> uninstall.exe

>Child-me staying up late at night reading about skilled Beastmaster players systematically taming entire zones worth of enemies for hours in order to solo Notorious Monsters.

I wanted that to be me, but I just couldn't hack it in the end.

I still wanna see how the numbers are now

You can really see the rise of the generation of people that play self-phone games in WoW.

You wait on cooldown to click your button. You do your easy 'do x' objectives to get a petty reward.

My balance druid literally doesn't use mana for his spells. The fuck did they do since WoD?

>Ive only experience

>New pianist
>want to dive into classical Piano
>first quest
>C scale
>Fuck this shit

>devs have admitted low level retail is broken and terrible

Just started a free "Started edition" account on Battlenet, I can play to level 20 with it.
I picked druid, so I have an instant cast ranged spell that costs more mana than usual.
I tried going out of mana, and its not possible. Casting my inefficient instant cast spell constantly is still less mana spent than the amount I regenerate.

And in my first dungeon, we'd kill bosses so fast, they couldn't go through their phases. Deadmines bosses fall in 10 seconds to a level appropriate party. Nobody communicated, there was no resting, no buffing, it was like a speed run of random people.

The journey to max level was the point of the game, the actual experience going through the game was your journey to the top, it takes a bit of time to get there. Whereas now its a race to max level to grind the same content for months.

Herilooms ruined levelling, may aswell just have players who want ot make an alt have their character start at max level because the levelling in the current game is a complete and utter waist of time and it is a race to get to the end as quick as possible. Noone cares about anything but endgame anymore.