I noticed that Humble Store is selling Hyperdimension Neptunia games for under $10. I'm completely new to this series...

I noticed that Humble Store is selling Hyperdimension Neptunia games for under $10. I'm completely new to this series. Should I get "Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed" or "Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation"?

Don't buy any of this shovelware.

None of the games are very good or worth your time. If you want a NIS game get Phantom Brave.

Just remember that all Neptunia games are low budget, recycle identical dungeons, same repetitive battles, etc. You're playing them for the funny character banter, not the gameplay usually.

That said, Neptunia has spinoffs and action unleashed is pretty shitty. You need to play the 3 mainline titles, which are the rebirth games. You can play them not in order because they're somewhat not canonical games, so you can jump into 2 straight if you want.

skip Re;Birth 2
the sisters are boring
Neptunia-U is a musou game so it plays completely different from the mainline Re;Birth games

The only salvagable game in this entire series is Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart. That's only because they added new characters to fill a strategy JRPG roster.

If you want to get into the series, start with Rebirth 2.
It's the start of the actual continuity and is a decent game, no matter what autists say.

So I guess all turned based RPGs and visual novels are shovelware, because that's what this game is.
You're retarded.

Nah, just Neptunia. Every game looks the exact same.

At least Atelier is varied from each installment.

Save your money and buy something good

>skip Re;Birth 2
Ignore this. RB2 is good but definitely get to RB3 and VII quick.

Buy it if you think you can handle and grow to like these characters since there's minimal plot and anything serious going on. If you can't like the characters then this series is worth nothing.

So is the gameplay in this garbage then? All the emphasis seems to be on the characters and story.

In either case it looks like if I should get a game, I should do a Rebirth one. 1-3 are the same price on humble store, any suggestions there? Otherwise I'll just do 2.

I own every Neptunia game, and no they're not that great... but why do I still buy them?
Cute girls doing cute things.
HELP I WANT TO GET OFF NEP NEP'S WILD RIDE

Gameplay is secondary to the character interaction, yes.

how much bobble can I expect to see in these games?

If you want to play the story, RB1 was retconned and is in its own universe. RB2-VII are all in-universe and the side-games (PP, Noire, U and Blanc's game) are non-canon.

Gameplay is like turnbased JRPG faire, with a free movement system. Each game shares the same battle system, but with tweaks to the combo and EXE(Super Move) system.

Play RB2, but keep in mind that it does a MGS2-like fake out and you play as Neptune and the other main character's sisters until you save them in the story.

They are cute and fun games that no one will unironically tell you are going to be GOTY. If you're into the theme of the game, you'll have fun and enjoy it, if you don't like anime and related themes then why even bother playing them?

Vert has very voluptuous verts.

Sold!

There's more to the game than Vert though.

... Double sold!

WHAT THE FUCK THIS IS A HENTAI GAME

I just installed it! It's so lewd!!!

I wish...

Post VII webms of the goddesses please

Here we go
Good to go

This one has Noire in it.