Final Fantasy Tactics TWOL Final Mix

I made this hack off and on over several years, at least 6 I want to say. I had it sitting on my PC 90% for at least 2 years lol. But I finished it and made a torrent.

1.)Every single character, enemy, item, and ability has been rebalanced or remixed. OP jobs/characters like Cid have been nerfed, while weak jobs like Geomancer have ben buffed. The goal is to make every unit balanced and fair. Most jobs have Defend and Re-Equip as innate abilities. Some of the shittier passives that never get used are thrown in as passive abilities (like cup of life on the white mage). Enemies have all kinds of craziness going on, no more borring ass battles with nothing but the most basic knights and archers. The purpose of this hack is to be challenging but fun.

2.)While this is not meant to be a frustating hard hack, overall the difficulty is higher. Though some fights that were hard in the original are actually easier now (certainly less annoying). The final Boss is much harder, as the late game gets too easy in the original. The units that appear in each battle have been changed, you will now encounter pretty much every job type throughout the game (just because Ramsa doesn't have any units of a certain kind why wouldn't the enemy?). There are even new enemy units such as Red Mage. Some OP abilites have been removed, like blade catch. Ninja can't learn double sword but he does have it as an innate ability.

New abilites, new monsters, new challenges.
Countless annoyances removed: Fell Swords are obtainable in the normal game, Marach and Rapha's abilites do not animate on miss, slow down removed, Cloud doesn't require the materia blade, Dark Knight is unlocked by leveling B Mage and Knight to 5 (plus the 20 kills), Ultima and Zodiark can be obtained with JP, etc...

4shared.com/file/S_B_Uokmca/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_The_War_.html

Other urls found in this thread:

4shared.com/file/gkF6X548ca/Final_Fantasy_Tactics_The_War_.html
mediafire.com/file/j76qlv0jvudq3lj/Final Fantasy Tactics The War of the Lions FINAL MIX v2_9.torrent
tinyupload.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=LZJsTdT2haI
s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=00015971639797339113&t=0001597163979733911325553
ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8658.0
mediafire.com/file/a945oprksvbzb1y/Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions Final Mix.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is like, literally what I wanted.

The important question is.... is Dancer viable now?

Did you fix the sound effects and the slowdown?

Fuck. Something weird happened with the torrent. First time I ever made one. My own file was only at 99%, like that makes any fucking sense. Here's a new one.

Yes.

Better than before. There literally is not a single unit in the game that I haven't tweaked the hell out of.

sounds pretty cool but how do i play it

Wait for real? The reverb from the original game is back in?

You can emulate it on anything; Android, PC, a modded PS3, or play it on a modded PSP.

I removed the slowdown, I don't know about any reverb.

Can you host it somewhere other than 4shared? I don't have an account and would rather not create one.

Like where? Are you sure it forces you to make an account?

mediafire

mediafire.com/file/j76qlv0jvudq3lj/Final Fantasy Tactics The War of the Lions FINAL MIX v2_9.torrent

>Like where
Anywhere I don't have to create an account. Since it's such a small file you could use tinyupload.com/

Fuck. WoTL completely ruined every single sound effect in the original game because it doesn't reproduce the reverb that was on literally everything in the original.

Here's what death screams are supposed to sound like for example:
youtube.com/watch?v=LZJsTdT2haI

I can't find a clip of WoTL but you can compare it to your emulator.

This bothers the hell out of me and I've never seen a fix for it. I find that it makes the game unplayable, especially when magic sword skills sound completely awful.

Ah, thanks user

tiny URl

s000.tinyupload.com/download.php?file_id=00015971639797339113&t=0001597163979733911325553

ty, I'll make sure to seed

Thanks. I'm trying to seed myself. I'm with spectrum and it's supposed to be high speed but the upload can be pretty shit...

got youtube vids of your gameplay?

I'm getting decent speeds from 3 different peers

Nope. Just finished it today. Had it 90% done for 2 years though. I've played through it multipe times on my own.

thanks anons
seeding at 12MB/s until I Hit 10 ratio, good shit

Op, two things:
Please tell me it's not a virus

And if its not (and if you actually fixed the slowdown), give me your adress to suck your dick

It's just an iso file. Just stick it in an emulator and let it go. Nothing to install. Nothing to unpack.

i have a playstation emulator in my cellphone, it should work, right? im asking because the playstation one is the original final fantasy tactics, not the War of the lions.
Does it has war of lions dialogue or original dialogue?

PSP.

PPSSPP for android runs like a dream.

Have you tried submitting your hack to romhacking.net.

Thanks.
Always wanted to give Ramza a dark knight job for maximum edginess and follow Gafgarion path (also to be the opposite from Delita). Sweet irony though because Delita is supposed to be the ""bad"" while being a holy knight and Ramza would be the ""good"" while being a dark knight

Do you have a detailed changelog?

>read the changelog inside the torrent
>it's just Op's text
Oh c'mon, i expected to read stuff like "knight attack increased by X"

Interesting, I'm currently doing a play through of a different hack with a similar idea.
ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8658.0

It's alright, I do like your idea of expanded innate/passive abilities though. You should submit it to romhacking.net or ffthacktics.com. And provide a change list.

No. Too much work. I changed literally every single variable in the entire game.

Yeah I have to get around to making the patch first. For now I just uploaded the whole ISO. I'm currently playing it to celebrate.

upload to mediafire or that pomf thing

Sounds pretty gud, will download and play after work

This looks neat. I've never played FFT before though, but I've got a good amount of experience with the genre. Would this hack be suitable for a dry run?

Share it with /vr/ too

Thanks for sharing op. Last time I played war of the Lions must be something like nearly 10 years ago now. I had an itch to play it again and this'll make it a fresh experience, looking forward to no lifing it this weekend

I think so.

Upload this to mixtape.moe or MediaFire or other crap.

Why a torrent? For what purpose?

My torrent won't die.

Can someone upload the ISO to pomf or something?

My experience with FFT1.3 and similar hacks have convinced me that every attempt to rebalance/"correct" the difficulty means making everything retarded hard, nerfing all the jobs that I liked using, and making the game unpleasant to play unless you know the battle/stat mechanics inside out.

Convince me that this is not the case in yours.

Let me know when it's not uploaded to a site that wants me to install things.

OP really should do it unless you want another lostboy

How did you make this hack? Did you use some kind of program? What kinds of changes are made to the AI?

I think OP would have to make a stand-alone patch for it, and for now it seems he only has an already-patched ISO.

Thanks for your work, user.

It would be nice if you were creating threads here or on /vg/ on a semi-regular basis because it's hard to give feedback without actually playtesting it.

Or at least say in what /vg/ general we could leave our thoughts on your mod.

NICE. do you accept donation my nigga

lostboy?

hownew.ru

I uploaded to media fire and whatever else:
No AI changes. other than giving them more stuff to work with. I used lots of different programs.

I'll be around.

Haha no never even considered it. I just love tactics.

not new at all just out of the loop on random thing. it happens m8.

torrent stalled at 50.7%

bro it had a sticky for like a week its wasnt just a passing thing you "missed"

I'm still seeding keep trying.

I made an email you can message me feedback with. No goatsee plz

[email protected]

So this is the full game with the patch already applied?
Nice.
Today OP was not a faggot.

I really love FFT/WOTL, and it's really cool that you put the time in to update it like this. I'm not sure how much you care about exposure or credit, but you should try posting it in some other places too, if you haven't already.

OP, obviously you know about major romhacking forums. Have you posted there and if no why not?

First I have to make a patch, since those guys won't let you just post full .iso's.

I also have to make accounts since I tend to just lurk on everything. That's why I like Sup Forums, no membership needied. I'll get around to it though.

Did any one just say fuck the main characters and make your own party full of CaC?

I fucking knew you posted here.

Hey can you chuck this up on Emuparadise or something? I look forward to it.

seeding

16 hash:
50D2FC4BF5BD5B0EE8CE1C55CAFDEA8FFE07819B

What's that?

raw hash
chuck it into your client

Op what you do to monk? I assume you didnt change much with him.

I don't want to spoil all the changes, I'd rather leave things like the good old days before the internet when you had to figure stuff out on your own and fumble around, so I'll try to be thorough and vague at the same time.

1.)New enemy classes, but no new player classes.
2.)New, stronger monsters.
3.)New abilities for the player and enemies.
4.)All items rebalanced. Much more variety. Greater variance of elemental effects, ranges, etc... Fell Swords appear in the normal game now too. Less OP gear.
5.)All classes rebalanced. I want every class to be viable.
Without boring you with the stat changes, here are some interesting examples:
‣Holy Knight skills cost MP and have charge times, as well as new stats and effects. Cleansing strike for exampe "cleanses" the target of all positive and negative magic effects, so you may very well choose to target your own characters with it.
‣Samurai skills cost MP and have a charge, not all of them will break the Katana anymore, and a lot of them use different damage formulas (press select on them to learn more).
‣Most classes have reequip and defend as innate abilities, this helps characters with lots of elemental gear, like pole users.
‣Weaker passive abilites are innate abilities to add novelty to certain jobs, examples: Ramsa - treasure hunter, w mage - cup of life, Beowulf - beastmaster, Thief - Treasure Hunter + Sticky Fingers + Concentration, Orator - Beast Tongue, Mystic - Ignore Weather, Geomancer - Waterwalking + Lavawalking + Ignore Weather, Samurai - Doublehand,
‣cloud doesn't need materia blade
‣Not only are Rapha and Malik good, their mantra don't animate on miss so they don't take all damn day
‣Some classes use different gear from before.
‣OP abilites like blade catch can't be learned anymore... but the enemy can still have it (the AI doesn't abuse it like the player does).

6.)Every battle is more interesting. The second battle in the game has a geomancer and a Ninja. Onion Knights and Dark Knights will show up through the game, in addition to every other class and the new ones I alluded to before.

any torrent or media fire links ?

Yes, read the thread.

One of the new monsters I added I'm pretty proud of...but I don't know if I want to spoil it or not... I really do think it's going to catch people off guard.
I'll spoiler text it:

It's a gargoyle. it starts the match petrified, and I wouldn't be surprised if a less experienced player mistook them for environment because they first appear at one of the castles. I placed the chemist far enough away that if you kill him before he gets to them you won't have to fight them, but he's going to try to remove petrify from them and unleash them.

here:

Nice

do you have some hack for Tactics Ogre too?

Sounds pretty cool, you should probably upload this elsewhere besides Sup Forums, otherwise it'll languish in obscurity. Stick it on moddb for instance, there's a semi-active FFT mod scene over there.

Color me intrigued OP.

Also I recommend FFHacktics for the upload space

I don't think I have a PSP anymore (but i guess I could probably figure out how to hack my Vita covered in an inch of dust) but do I have to worry about the notorious slowdown that plagued WOTL, or is that fixed and/or not a problem on an emulator?

man this thread needs to be fixed for some time, this is great stuff

Have I understood that correctly? I just download your file and can then use use it with any PSP emulator without complications? I'm rather new to emulating games so what PSP emulator would be recommended?

PPSSPP is the only emulator worth using to my knowledge.

op please respond

I am not OP but I do mod from time to time (mostly Thief/Morrowind/Titan Quest/NWN), and your attitude seems a bit strange to me. I don't think modders are obliged to convince you of anything. The OP made it, came here, shared it, and you are lazy even to download it and try it? Again, not speaking for OP.

Did my favourite game just get better?

whats that form?

Quite the opposite I think? As a player I would need to download a fairly large file, install/load it, and then play it for a couple of hours before I know if my fears are warranted.

Instead I'm asking ahead of time: These are the concerns I have with most mods. Can you convince me that your mod does not fall into these problems?

Sample answers:
- I've played 1.3 and their difficulty is BS because they do X, while I do Y so it's nowhere near that bad.
- I've nerfed job X, but no so it's unfun. E.g. Job X can still do Y but it takes more Z, which is more balanced when you compare it to Job A.

Direct download for the full .ISO (210mb zipped):

mediafire.com/file/a945oprksvbzb1y/Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions Final Mix.zip

Rise of Mana

Thanks.

Does this change anything with the level scaling and stat growth?

Those are my only gripes with the original.

Never played the game but always wanted to. Should I start with this modded version or the real thing?

by the sounds of OP's description saying "Every battle is more interesting" which includes having classes from later in the game, I'm gonna guess it's not good to start with and was made for folks like himself who have played the game a lot.

is there anything like this for Tactics Ogre?

was there always a samurai in second battle?

which one of you fags is still using utorrent

here

I forgot how addictive this shit is

Worse than that, I see an Eleven using BitTorrent. Fucking BitTorrent in $current_year.

>2017
>using utorrent
For what reason?