/ourguy/

/ourguy/

>Earlier today, Electronic Arts chief executive officer Andrew Wilson had a phone call with The Walt Disney Company chief executive Bob Iger about Star Wars: Battlefront II, according to sources familiar with the situation. A few hours after that call, players are finding out that they can no longer make in-game purchases with real money.

venturebeat.com/2017/11/16/star-wars-battlefront-ii-microtransactions-go-offline-until-ea-can-make-changes/

Wow. The system actually works? What's the catch?

What a cuck, sir Mickey himself told the head to stop being such a faggot and he did so immediately

>jew not gonna use the jewish tricks
Something smells funny

Turns out EA is a big fish in a small pond.

it's just another trick

Bunch of dumb suits is what they are. Only care about money and status quo

They're just turning it off until everyone buys the game, then they'll turn it back on

The catch is this is a PR move to make as much money back on release day from all the retards that will go "Wow! EA reversed the policy I'll give them my money now!" and then a few weeks / months later implement it again so that they can make more cash off whales.

if they were paying for my 8th beach house I'd probably do what they say too

My bet is they're gonna use all of this controversy to their advantage, if they really did remove real money transactions, they'll sneak some bullshit later on either in this game, another game, or what these guys

It stinks.

The next Star Wars comes out on Dec 15. Disney doesn't want EA to fuck up the premier with bad press. I guarantee EA will bring back lootboxes by Jan 1.

Only a temporary removal.

They're turning it on later. They said they're looking in to how to properly integrate it. You can still earn credits through playing the game, but the credit delay is still up.

I bet you they'll leave it off for a month or two, turn it back on nearly unchanged, and then say "Doesn't buying this stuff seem much better than waiting for the credit delay to stop? I hope you learned your lesson."

I still don't get what the meant by "it was not our intention".
They knew exactly what they were doing with all the abusive MTX shit they added, why lie about it?

It's just shallow marketing my dude. Nothing to get. They knew and now they're trying to unfuck the golden goose they just raped.

2bh though they didn't even need to do this, retarded gamers would still buy this shit in droves if they changed nothing.

Excellent, well done EA and everybody. I'll buy this today. That's my weekend sorted. PERFECT

>/ourguy/

Think again. They have flat out said they are going to turn this shit back on. That is a fucking slap in your face if you cared about the whole micro transactions deal. They think you are fucking stupid and they are still banking on you gobbling up their POS game.

Fuck them. This has left such a sour taste in my mouth I'm tempted to never buy an EA game again.

>not realizing its a jewish trick to get you to buy the game after they say "look we got rid of something you didn't like"

>I bet you they'll leave it off for a month or two, turn it back on

They're turning it off to give the vocal minority a sense of accomplishment, and when they've forgotten about the game, EA will turn it back on to a quiet to no fanfare. """"Gamers"""" won't care in a month from now, and EA knows this. I give it until December. Remember they have to make Christmas money from kids with gift cards and such. Turning off the in-game shop doesn't change the fact the game was made with it in mind to make the most money. They could have saved a little face by reverting or increasing completely the amount of credits earned per match/mission like they lowered them according to Game Informer, but they didn't.

I will buy the game when they announce that microtransactions are never coming back. So probably never.

They are just trying to save the game's launch. Once everyone's pants are back down EA is going to fuck everyone just as hard as they were before.

The thing is, there is no escaping this. EA's corporate people have said "players must pay this much money or spend this many hours playing to unlock everything," and whatever number they deemd "ideal" is set in stone and DICE have no control over it. They will shift the ratios around a little bit every time people complain, but the end sum is beyond their ability to change at all.

And sadly, if the game bombs then EA is going to punish DICE for it instead of taking responsibility for the controversy. "Our plan was perfect, and it failed because you guys didn't do it right."

The higher-ups at EA never get fired for this shit, it's always the developers. Makes me wonder if there is weird rape shit going on up there like in Hollywood. Who am I kidding, of course there is.

I actually respect EA less because they didn't stick to there guns. They shouldn't have modified anything. The people who were gonna buy it were gonna buy it no matter what. The people who never had any intention of getting it are the ones being vocal about it.

Disney really hates bad PR so i wouldn't be surprised if thats the reason their gone.

I had every intention of buying the game before. I was even on here voluntarily shilling for it during the beta. I am not going to spend a dime on it though and I want to make sure no-one I know does either. It's pay-to-progress bullshit of the highest order.

can someone give me a quick rundown?

>EA temporarily removes microtransactions
>Stupid people think it's permanent, or at least a victory, and all buy the game
>Everyone gets a taste of 40 HOURS TO UNLOCK A HERO
>Suddenly, Vader available for the low price of $39.99
>EA bends everyone's wallet over a dirty coffee table
You're retarded if you think Disney isn't just as bad as EA when it comes to maximizing profits. This is so they can maintain Star Wars' good image and still suck you dry in a few weeks.

Charletons gonna charleton. They lied for no reason about the plot of the game.

I fucking hate how everything EA says is so business speak, it's not a real person saying this, it's a team of lawyers and executives trying their best not to admit they fucked up because to them they're still right.

He told him to remove it so the suckers will buy it, then add it back in later once the heat dies down.

This is what's going to do it? Not the endless other shit that got them voted worst company in America 3 times in a row? You've got to be one of the worst-case drones I've ever seen if it took this to turn you off of EA.

DICE having to make the apology seems funny to me.

The new Star Wars movie drops on Dec. 15. Disney rightfully sees this fiasco as something that might taint movie-goers opinion on star wars and turn them off from seeing the movie. And that shit will not fly with Disney. They want the Star Wars brand to be the gold standard to fans so any derision caused by something Star Wars related needs to be fixed.

yeah keep pretending that Disney had something to do with EA's recent decisions
Sup Forums knows who really got through to EA in the end and finally made them capitulate.

Can't wait to buy this game next week when everything is back on so I can drop 300 bucks and shit on nerds.

Chief officers are a workforce industry all in their own. They are good managers and it doesn't matter what industry they work in. They don't need to know jack-shit about the business they run because the running of a mega-corporation is all the same; only the names are different. Logistics, materials, labor, procedure, and finance are the same. They're the same as accountants. Accountants don't need to give a shit about what they're doing the books for, their specialty is books, which are the same anywhere. They're all the same.

But that being said, their punishment is also all the same. This shit made the news, which is pretty much worse than outright saying it in a quarterly report - nobody reads the report, unfortunately, everyone reads the news. If the CEO had to fucking talk with the CEO of another company, it means a big head might roll; and it will be a very big head. CFO or COO or someone accountable to the board, which I'm sure some guy at Disney sits on. Sure, the developer will get slimed but the retarded shareholders need a bigger fish than that, and they will insist the board do something about it. The people in charge of the Star Wars brand are faggoty enough to insist that any slight to it cannot be tolerated without repercussions. The property is a pure-white angel blessed by Jesus Christ our lord and savior - you handle that thing with gloves and hand sanitizer and someone stained its socks.

It's not going to change anything, but someone significant is going to get punished.

>walt disney hated jews
>company gets taken over by jews

Would you risk a real person saying anything during what could be the most delicate moment of the company's history?
In one side they have Disney breathing down their neck and getting VERY angry that they managed to create such a gigantic PR disaster with Disney's beloved multi-billion franchise.
In the other side they have several governments investigating them for illegal gambling activity.
All this with the MSM firing shots at them at every step.
EA is sweating hard and it's delicious.

>BORN FATRRENT

Who?

>BORN FATRRENT

Yeah I don't follow. No idea who that guy is

>Reddit mans up and fights the system so hard that Giant known as Disney wakes up and stomps EA's shit
>Sup Forums however hasn't done anything important since 2012
huh, really gets the ol' noggin thinking

Punished meaning, $1,000,000 less on their $20,000,000 bonus.

You are naive.

We're going to get monkey pawed big time. EA will find a way.

The same for the whole "loot boxes are gambling" thing.

EA is not sweating even slightly. Nothing will happen. At worst they will have to stop selling lootboxes in a handful of tiny Euro bullshit countries. You can't expect legitimate gameplay from giant mainstream games like this anymore, the mobile market has killed the casual normalfags concept of what gameplay is to the point that they'll buy literally any garbage that gets shoveled into their mouths.

It's in the filename. He's a fat piece of shit who tries to be generic alternative Yahtzee. He's also an actual cuck, and his only real claim to fame was waiting until BotW had 10/10's across the board and giving it a low rating to drive clicks to his blog. His 'themesong' is "Born Different'.

Skins. They’ll take a step back to the Battlefield cosmetics approach. Loot Boxes aren’t going away but may be cosmetic only in the foreseeable future

>EA isn't sweating Disney telling them to cut the shit
Nothing will change but this will definitely have an effect on how they approach "crystals" or whatever the fuck they're called in the future.

you act like Sup Forums isnt reddit at this point

You really don’t understand business.

Oh.
Well why do people care so much about some dumb nerd that talks about stupid shit on the internet?

GO BAG DO REDDID, YOU FUGGIN FAGGID

See, I want to believe all this, but I have seen this shit play out too many times to believe it will end any differently.

I am predicting that someone at DICE who had no control over the situation is going to get fired as a sacrificial lamb. No-one at EA corporate will have to take responsibility, and they will move further down the path to liquidating DICE just like they do with all their star developers eventually. And then they'll do this whole thing all over again with Respawn and some other shitty new money grubbing scheme. At this point I wouldn't put it past EA to use their games to mine Bitcoins.

The irony

A question as old as the internet itself, my friend.

is this loot-box gate? will this be the end of loot boxes, at least in triple A games? I don't expect them to go away in shit like league or shit like that

It's okay to cry my brown deformed friend. The sun must set for all things eventually. First it was neogaf, and soon it will be Sup Forums.

>cracks skulls and makes a subservient jew company like EA lick their asshole
>still catch shit from retards on the internet

Based Disney can't catch a break.

They're not going to give up on Mommy's debit card that easily.

>EA will find a way
No shit. You’re going to see devs putting less effort into games and platforms they can’t monetize how they want. That’s the real long term risk to gaming at stake here

It's more likely to make smaller publishers shy away from lootboxes than the big guys, I'm sure it left a bad taste in people's mouth and hopefully they realize how shitty and predatory lootboxes are.

Disney is the greater jew, and EA is bringing bad PR for their 4 billion dollar brand, 30 days before a new movie (a 2h30 super expensive megaproduction) premieres.
Compared to that, the microtransactions are worth nothing. They told EA to fuck off before they hurt the SW brand any further.

Not a chance and no they don’t realize anything new. The only thing this probably cements for he time begin are lootboxes being cosmetic-based and not a means to circumvent time or skill with money like in mobile gaming.

Fixed.

Facebook moms were circulating an image calling the lootbox system "gambling directed at children"

that's bad publicity.

>worth nothing
Tell that to the mobile devs that have made over one hundred million in micro transactions in a single day

The ability to perform future Jewish tricks is jeopardized if people catch you performing Jewish tricks. They will try to pretend they were not being Jews, so that they can quietly continue being Jews.

That has literally never happened. Gimme a source, little buddy.

You might have learned by now, but just never ever buy EA games. They're an absolutely evil company who tries shit like this every chance they get.

Botw is a 6 at best. Dumb man child

Puzzles and Dragons pulled in over a billion in revenue a couple years ago and more are following. Lots of money involved in micro transactions

jesus christ stop taking it too far

t. HZD Sonyfag

I barely ever buy EA games. The last one I got was Battlefield 1 which I enjoyed but did not play long enough to run into any microtransaction type shit.

He's the dumbass that gave EA exclusive free reign to do this shit to begin with.

That was like there second last game..

Turns out a company known for autistically preserving its family-friendly image doesn't like to be associated with gambling.

GTA online pulled in $4 billion just on microtransactions during it's run

actishit blizztard made over 4 billion in boxes alone

>not voiding the contract and stripping the license from them

Weak piece of shit.

youre the catch. they gut you of $80 then throw you back then turn on the loot boxes back on.

Yeah but I don't buy EA games very often. I think BF1 will be the last one I pick up for quite a while.

Mass Effect 3 was the last EA game I pre-ordered and after that fiasco I vowed never to pre-order an EA game again. These days I don't really pre-order at all but that's where it started.

I'll never forgive EA for what they did to the Potter games. The first 3 were near Zelda tier for kid me. They just stopped giving a fuck beyond that and completely assraped the series and stopped giving a fuck about the games, especially Deathly Hallows pt 1 and 2.

Yup, only took Pokémon Go 2 months to make its first half billion.

user, first i find hard to believe this figure of a hundred million in one day, specially for a 60 dollars game with bad PR.
But more important, we are talking about Disney, the 200 billion dolar company that can buy EA 6 times over, and the last jedi is expected to break a billion dollars on the release weekend alone.
The "we are super family friendly" company, that definitely doesn't want the "gambling for minors" PR.
We are talking about something much bigger than EA.
Jews fear the bigger jews

What are the chances EA throws DICE under the bus for this?

Disney is worried about EA ruining the Star Wars brand name. Disney doesn't fuck around with their brands.

what changes?
if you want to sell an extra content directed to fans, sell it
also no credit limit
i was honestly starting to doubt buying it (7h long story and enjoying origins)

He said 100 million dollars in a day, guys. That's 1/10th of a billion in a single day, and I imagine those figures are for a year.

In a year, not 1/10th of that in a day.

I'm not saying microtransactions aren't profitable, but I don't think they're making 1/3rd of the budget for a Star Wars film in a single day, even at their highest point.

Also, for the record, I fucking loath microtransactions in any and all capacities.

bingo

Bounty hunters, we don't need their scum.

They'll gut DICE to recoup the cost of retooling the lootbox system.

Who is going to make a game quick enough for Episode 9 release?

exactly
they want a nintendo like product, not a las vegas one

more like disney giving the franchise to another studio

>/ourguy/
>The system actually works?
Naive retards
>high level suit got scared their cash cow could get tainted and they'll lose money
Shit will be back just a bit toned down. For now.

You poor fags are pathetic.

>Waaa I can't afford extra content
>Waaa why can't I play this EXTRA content for free
>Waaa I don't like optional loot other people want

Fucking commie cocksuckers. Get a fucking job.

EA has assraped many companies and series. I stopped buying their shit long ago.

>yfw Blizzard is in charge of the Star Wars/Overwatch clone where lootboxes were made beyond popular
Activision was always winning. And now they will finally win.

Turns out they met a bigger fish.