Ffxv comrades

so what's the Sup Forumserdict?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=70x2fmvaydU
youtu.be/hNSsyFbZKnk?t=13m31s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there local?

nope. but you can play offline if you don't have ps plus/xbl

It's not great but it ain't bad either. Just don't go in expecting monster hunter.

Then fuck it. I was gonna play with my friends, but they don't have ps4.

i'm enjoying it for what it is, plus i want to get fed by my waifu and husbando

If it's anything like the beta, then it's probably pretty shit

Wait, you can get Aranea to fix you a meal? I take back what I said before, un-fuck it. This DLC is automatically awesome.

youtube.com/watch?v=70x2fmvaydU
It's shit.

Not the best thing ever, but it's still a lot of fun to play.
It's got some problems like webm fucking related, but it's still fun.

It's odd, because it does everything combat and mechanic wise better than the base game.
I wish the base played like this with the mechanics and upgrades and such.

is this the dark souls of final fantasy

Do you guys remember the moment where the fat guy from Kingsglaive, Gentiana and some random Kingsglaive defeated Bahumut and brought Noctis the boat that he used to go back to Galdin Quay? It was totally a great moment in the base game and not a retcon to justify this awful multiplayer expansion.

youtu.be/hNSsyFbZKnk?t=13m31s

Is that fucking Libertus
Fuck off you traitorous scum

I don't understand why they didn't put Bahamut fight in the base game.

it's quite sad that they wasted the Bahamut fight on this dlc which doesn't even have proper ariel combat. it could've been an even better version of the ifrit fight if we played as Noctis instead

>"FFXV takes place from Noctis' point of view. That's why you don't see what Niflheim, Luna and his friends do off-screen! This is Noctis' story!"
>Comrades ending
>"Um, I uh, that's..."

Why don't we see Noctis in this event in XV? Did he forget it somehow?

>more scenes with my waifu
BEST EXPANSION

>>"FFXV takes place from Noctis' point of view. That's why you don't see what Niflheim, Luna and his friends do off-screen! This is Noctis' story!"
>all those Luna cutscenes well there was only like 3 but still
>that ONE and only empire scene around the beginning of the game

>Noctis and friend sit around a campfire while Gladiolus explains where he was during his DLC
>Noctis was there, but this isn't in the main game
>Noctis and Prompto have a conversation after being reunited about how Noctis wants to unify Insomnia and Niflheim
>This isn't in the main game

What DID Tabata mean by this? These happened while Noctis was present? Why weren't they shown?

Why the FUCK wasn't this just a DLC where we see where Prompto, Gladio and Ignis got up to during the 10 years? The Comrades DLC doesn't even take advantage of the cool things we were told about that era.

Why is Square investing so much in this failed game?

They're probably too afraid to release another new FF game because they think it'll fail. XIII probably scared them. I'm guessing that's why VIIR is happening.

because they care about FFXV and want people to keep buying it throughout the years. would you prefer that they just leave it like it was on launch? besides, it's not like BD2 has anything better to do since Tabata's new game isn't even in pre-production yet.

There's unironically a fuck ton of people that love it. I like it well enough, but people at my college hail it as one of the best things they've ever played.

That's disheartening.

The timeskip was not needed and the fact they all survived for that long was stupid too.
Imagine if all this dlc was in the base game, the missing shit would still be Luna's kingdom, Noctis' kingdom, Luna's buildup. Also the game should have forced the shrines to gather all weapons as a "king". Game should have fucking been linear as well with the ability to cast magic like a motherfucker. Am I missing anything?

>There's unironically a fuck ton of people that love it
this. look at the comment section for any FFXV video on their channel for proof

>Am I missing anything?
>they never should've changed the duscae combat, or the 2014 version, or the 2013 version. they should've just left it as it was instead of progressively ruining it as the years went on
>the game needed at least one more year of development
>open world was a HUGE mistake

>Am I missing anything?
To even know what's going on, you need to watch a movie, an anime, buy the season pass and read a novel.

+ Play all of the DLC

It's really fun and an improvement over the main game in regards to combat, weapons and customization. The character creator is also really good

That looks awesome tho

It has as much aerial combat focus though, possibly even more since you have aerial ace which gives you airsteps for all weapons

Sorry but what's the problem? They added these to expand the story, it doesn't contradict what already happened in the main game

I am not buying Sup Forumserdict after anons lied about FF 13-2 and Lightning Returns, which turned out to have great gameplay.

Shit

That looks way better than the final product

I havent played FFXV, just played some of comrades demo and it played like pure ass.

They are likely saving that for later.

There is a menu that says "play as characters from the main game" which hasn't unlocked yet and it says they'll be in future updates to comrades

They're probably waiting until ep ignis drops in December or something

Because those are about those things

>massive financial success
>widespread praise
>people begging for more content
Why are you living under a rock?

You not liking it means it's a failed game

Actually Tabata recently confirmed his new IP is already in development which he is underway on while other people from XV like Shida (ffxv game section design manager/kh battle animator) and Nakamura (ff7, 8, 10 battle plannner, ff10-2 and xv battle director) are directing the ones DLC and updates.

They gave some of the weapons as optional dungeon stuff so you had some sidequest stuff that was tied to the main quest

tabata is making a new IP?

But that clip you just posted is Attack being held down the entire time he's attacking which they literally said so in that livestream, the game is more manual now than before while the way the input worked in that webm you posted still is how you can input in the final game.

The final game is superior to that completely

You don't need to watch the movie or anime. The anime has no bearing on the main story and there isn't anything important you're missing by not watching the movie that you don't find out in the game itself

How did you play comrades "demo" when you need to own the season pass to play it, and why would you have the FFXV season pass if you never played XV?

Yes, he confirmed it's for next gen and he also said they don't want to say too much or anything about it until they have a release date set.

Oh piss off XV-kun. Even if they were holding attack, the attack animations come out a lot faster and more cleanly than the final product having Noctis sloppily swing any weapon and take forever while doing so.

People wanted a snappy yet fancy ARPG, not a sluggish game promoting spectacle over substance.

i played it at tokyo game show

Do I need to finish the game to access the multiplayer?

Alright, interesting. I liked his work with Type-0 but, I kinda resent him for what he did with FFXV.

Piss off yourself. There's nothing faster about that at all and the combat speed from even 2011 versus is identical to the current regular play too, while you can move even faster in the final game. The second part of that webm is armiger activated which is not faster than the current armiger.

Why do you always need to lie?

It's really good.

Type-1 maybe?

I've been kinda hoping they would take what they did with Type-0 and break it off from FF completely and into its own thing. Warring fantasy kingdoms and stuff

He said it is a new IP and that type1 is on hold.

Recruit is kinda random and useless mutiplayer is take too long, is there any option i can choose specific AI to go on mission with me or i use my other avatar to go as my teammate?

The expansion is mostly grindy repetitive and braindead easy missions with unfathomable amounts of loading screens.

Occasionally you'll get into a situation where you're actually being challenged (usually by being literally 30-40 levels below the boss) without it being something stupidly unfair like Coeurl instant death attacks or defending objectives made of glass from attacks from all sides.

In those situations, you'll see glimmers of brilliance and actually have fun. The souped-up version of the Bahamut fight is the best example - it's better than anything in the base game.

The rest of the time you'll just be boresd though.

Also they got rid of the broken healing items and replaced them with broken healing magic instead. It beggars belief that whoever is in charge of game balance is able to keep their jobs. Square Enix is just incredibly incompetent when the battle planning isn't being headed by someone who understands game design, like Nomura or Yoshida.

AI is randomized so you get lucky when Kenny Crow shows up in the party

Get buffs, don't attack coerls when they're sitting down and instead cast magic on them when they're doing that or use ranged weapons like shuriken or bow

The game Balance is fine, only flaw is loadtimes.

I already figured out to beat Coeurls with that meal. The fact that if you don't play the Malboro mission and pick up the tentacles before doing a Coeurl mission you will likely just randomly die with no warning is still bad game design.

The unlimited heals is the real issue though. No one thinks spending 90% of your time with a boss twice your level either stumbling around in danger mode or spamming heals and warps to get your party members out of danger mode is fun or interesting, but it's the only way to get the job done without stupid amounts of grinding that would also remove the challenge completely. If the game was designed well, you wouldn't be able to dip in and out of danger mode forever without ever actually dying. Danger mode should just be removed really. Force people to actually learn to avoid/heal damage and be closer to the bosses in level to beat them, and make leveling faster so grinding doesn't get worse.