New Nintendo 3DS XL

OP just got a New Nintendo 3DS XL. What do?

Luma

hack it

custom firmware
freeshop
rune factory 4

What do that won't void warranty?

why not just buy a switch you fucking goon

Freeshop, then download whatever game you want.

I'm going to do it on mine as well, right after I finish Birthright, so I can download and play Conquest.

Next year.

Shove it up your ass, then hack it, get a bunch of SNES and gba games onto the system using guides and programs readily available online at places like gbatemp, then check 'em

I meant anything that won't void my warranty or get me banned from anything.

Hack it, senpai

Hack it. It won't get you banned or void any warranty.

I'm not banned and I have a fuckload of pirated shit. I haven't even put any additional effort into not getting banned.

But I don't want to void my warranty.

play on it

Why the fuck would hacking it void your warranty? It doesn't.

Well now that you say that, it is very tempting.

Well considering Nintendo is pretty much the Apple of video games, I thought that hacking/homebrewing a Nintendo system would void the warranty just like jailbreaking voids the warranty of an iOS device.

return it and buy a switch dumbass

If you have to send it in for repairs or something, just uninstall the hacks first and you're good to go.

I think I'm going to keep it for now. I'll get a Switch next year.

Well there's also the question of bricking the 3DS which is something I'd rather not do. (I know the key is to follow instructions very closely, but still.)

You can't be fucking serious.

The only way to get your console banned you would have to download a game that hasn't officially been released yet (happened with one of the pokemon games some time ago when it was already on freeshop but not on real shop).
Other than that there is absolutely no way for nintendo to verify if you are using hacked console or if you used freeshop or not. Freeshop works using legitimate nintendo download keys. Oh wait, there is another: if you set FBI and other homebrew apps as your favourite app so the entire world and dog sees this expect Nintendo to see it too. Unless you do that you are safe.
Even if you somehow got banned there is a way to unban your console and it's easy-peasy.

No moron, hacking your console does not void your warranty because their drones would not even know how to check that. As far as I remember there is even a way to hide the hacked state of a console. Do your fucking research.

You hear me? I already spoonfed you a lot of information, now fuck off to do your own research.

can't you get away with playing games before release if you turn wifi off

You actually have to be retarded to brick it. Literally just follow the instructions, and you'll be fine. Anyone with basic reading comprehension skills can easily hack their 3DS, its very simple.

No, because it's the act of downloading a game from Nintendo servers before release is what gets you caught and banned.

I've hacked my own 3DS recently. There is no way to brick it unless you really do something you were not supposed to. Instructions are very explicit and there are many safeguards built into the stuff so you don't do anything by accident. Instructions are simple and easy to follow. They say that even if you brick the console there are ways to unbrick it.

Afterburner II 3D

You'll thank me later.

I guess I'm just a bit nervous, that's all. ha ha…

I'll go check it out. Thanks.

Everyone was before they did it. It's so worth it though, I was almost dumb enough to drop money on a handheld GBA emulator before I did this. It's a little tedious but not all that confusing and I'm not that savvy with these kinds of things.

Nope. Never mind. Couldn't find it.

Nope, not even that.
The act of using the online feature of sun/moon is what got people banned.

>t. downloaded before release without getting banned

Oh wait. Never mind. I found it. Had to search for Sega instead of Afterburner II 3D.

dont you dare update it yet before you hack it

Oops. I may have already done that.

I found something while looking around called the Sky3DS+ and I'm considering getting it when I have the chance.

Would Sup Forums recommend?

You can hack your 3DS for FREE. You don't have to buy a flashcart, they're all fucking obsolete.

Buy the new Pokemon game

I know. I just thought it would be fun to buy. I remember once trying a friend's R4DS and loving it. (Not sure why I never bought one for my DS Lite.)

I bought Omega Ruby and Y.

how good do NES games look on the 3DS? I've got a N3DSXL, wanting to play all the old Mega Mans

how do i hack

Pirate games on PC
>download a game from a torrent

Pirate games on 3ds
>hack 3ds using third party tools and software that need to be bought

dumb frogposters

I have no idea. I haven't tried any yet. I'm waiting for until when I have the money to buy some (or when I import my ROM library to my 3DS if I decide to do that).

Revelations, mgs3, splinter cell, ace combat cross rumble PLUS.

ARE ALL really fucking great on n3dsxl.

The only other exclusive n3ds gets is xenoblade x. Which is horrible. Animated and drawn by retards. Voiced by downies

Do note that they actually can (and did once) detect if you've got FBI/Homebrew etc installed. They tossed out a ban wave that caught a good number of people with it.

That being said, it's irrelevant that they can do so, considering you can just unban yourself in a matter of a few minutes.

>xenoblade x
But that's on the WiiU, exclusively.

rude

thanks guys

I saw a Fire Emblem game that was also an exclusive. Didn't end up buying it though. Kinda starting to wish I had though.

he meant xenoblade c

Does the unban work even if you remove hack/homebrew and restore 3DS to stock?

Also, doesn't/wouldn't Nintendo get pissed if you unban yourself?

Chronicles. My bad. X is the actual good one. With mecha. Playable moddable mechs.

Fire emblem musou. Just like the the Zelda musou. They're both great.

I call hyrule warriors a n3ds exclusive because it gets all the extra content and game modes and on o3ds it runs like cement.

Yeah, it would work after restoring, as far as I know. Don't know why you'd do that, though.

And no, Nintendo isn't retarded enough to do anything more than toss out a ban wave once every blue moon to hit the laziest of homebrew users.

Plus, the ban is on the console only, not your account or anything. So it's not even a worrisome ban, in the least.

Well that's good to know. I feel a little bit safer now.

Get an R4i. Sky3DS is just a relic of the past when 3DS users weren't able to literally download every 3DS game off of ninty's servers for free.

so if i don't have another hacked 3ds what do i need to do to hack 11.5 n3ds?

I'll look into it. Thanks.

Hack it and get Fire Emblem Conquest and SMTIV Final. Both are great games.

Well, it looks like my only two options are to get a flashcart or soldering. And I'd rather not have to do the latter.

Just buy the games.

It's obnoxious that every fucking 3DS thread is like this

Is 11.6 hackable yet?

They look alright, I guess, depending on the game. Mario and Metroid and what have you look fine, but if you wanna play Earthbound or Chrono I found that an emulator on your phone might be a better idea, because of the aspect ratio and resolution. On n3ds xl all SNES/NES games are forced into 4:3 and they do look kinda tiny and a bit smudgy.

I would gladly buy the games if I could afford the prices Nintendo forces in my country without becoming homeless. There's no regional adjustment AT ALL. Even the shitty games cost twice more than any AAA title I can buy on steam, or a good PS4/Xbox game. It's simply ridiculous and I don't think Nintendo gives a shit at all about the market in this country.

>You don't have to buy a flashcart
You do if your 3DS is on 11.4, which all new 3DSes are on.

No idea. I think it might be, but as far as I can see or tell, it's only hackable via flashcart or soldering.

Unless there's something I'm missing or overlooking or something. I could be wrong.

All firmwares and models are hackable via ntrboothax. Some firmwares don't require a flash cart or ntrboothax, check the guide.