Is Bloodborne the best game ever made?

Why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
youtube.com/watch?v=5yncMReF8QA
youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. Why would it be?

Definitely in my top 5, but 30 FPS and Souls mechanics feeling a bit sluggish for the aggressive combat hold it back from perfection.

Ultima Underworld is a better souls game than anything by FROM

The closest FROM would have ever got to perfection would've been a late ps2 era armored core game.

I honestly think it's the worst in the Soulsborne series.

It's a perfect game in my opinion, but it's a far cry from being the best game ever.

lack of dedicated arena coupled with pic related.

And the best...?

i guarantee this retard will say dark souls 2 das2 babbies have the pinnacle of shittiest taste on this board.

Gameplay told through story better done than any game that's come out in decades.

Edgy Lovecraft fanfiction aimed at 14 year olds can't be the best anything.

played the hell outta it on PS4.
Would play way more of it if a proper PC port ever come out.

It's really really good but has some of the normal souls problems (framerate, bugginess, half-baked covenants, enemy weapons clipping through the floor, etc.) as well as mediocre weapon availability for 2/3 of the game and some lackluster areas. The DLC helps with some stuff but I wish they had like a few more months to work on it.

>Streamlined Dark Souls spin-off
>Best game ever
It was good, but come on.

ACE series and Chromehounds was pretty dope tho

Nah, not best ever. Quite possibly the best game of the past decade, though.

game's cool but after playing Nioh I'm kind of bored about all action games being Souls games, same as all 3rd person shooters feeling the same

OP we're talking about the same company that made this

I felt it was amazing gameplay wise, but the PS4 couldn't handle it one bit. Had they released it later down the line multi-platform and 60fps then it would've been much better, and much more fun.

Started playing again after a year and I don't remember being this shit at the game or getting shit on by Ludwig this badly or all these shitters named 'hunter"

I'm going through the game again, and I'm pretty shit at directions/knowing where to go. If anyone wants to team up and beat the game/do chalice dungeons, and sort of show me where to go, just add and message me. probably going to regret doing this, but it's worth a shot: soustematichaos

Its not. Bloodborne is a trial and error type of game, in which its okay to die a bunch of times while you learn the patterns of certain enemies or bosses. But the healing items are limited, meaning if you take your time to learn you will be punished by having to farm them. I believe this is in complete contradiction with the philosophy of the soulsborne style games so I didn't enjoy as much as dark souls 1 where I could die and not have to go farm after.

exclusive that's praised for it's atmosphere and nothing else

see its hard to say its the best game ever made, but its absolutely one of the best.
also the soundtrack is criminally underrated
youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8

>criminally underrated

nigga its my favorite ost and i have like 600 pirated osts

Are you trying to say there is something else worth praising, or you like fedoras?

>wasn't even nominated for an award for best soundtrack

It has the best Souls OST partially just on the basis that the production values are so high, which is down to Sony money.

youtube.com/watch?v=5yncMReF8QA

>using a homward bone, going to the dream, spending your souls, and coming back takes 3 loading screens
>running through enemies is encouraged more than in any other souls game
>most efficient method for farming echoes involes raping a pig's ass
>sound design is mostly groans, screams, and crying

Is Demon's Souls and Dark Souls ever going to get released for ps4?

money well spent youtube.com/watch?v=3V9zxXN1rx0

demon's souls you can play on ps4 (in japanese) (as a rental)

?

its good but could have used more polish.
the tombstone teleport areas don't make a lot of sense.
graphically there are some detail issues if you look off the paths, and they got lazy with polygon seams. the stairs to vicar amelia are an obvious oops seam point.

i'm not going to mention gameplay stuff because that's subjective, but the chalice dungeons sucked hard and should have been delayed to a dlc or something.

>Is Bloodborne the best game ever made?
no
>Why not?
for a new IP FROM played it a bit too safe by pulling mechanics and ideas from dark souls, to name a few
>souls collecting mechanics aka blood echoes
>weapon upgrading
>stat levelling
>how gear and defense is calculated
for a game with a much bigger focus on combat with a limited supply of amazing weapons, you'd think FROM would want you to be able to try as many as possible in a single run. So these old souls systems feel out of place in the game. I think the bloodgem system, as much as people don't like it for good reason, could have been a very good substitute for most if not all of these things rather than just being shit to throw on your favorite weapon for maximum deeps. It would have needed a LOT of fleshing out but it would have been far more interesting and fitting to the games pacing.

I just wish that there was an early game BLT weapon so you don't have to fight Logarius for the Chikage. Also that Chalice Dungeons weren't so ugly and bland, it's a good concept but not when everything looks the same.

Fuck you, Miyazaki.

There is. The Rifle Spear

That sounds like streaming that my third world tier internet connection can't handle. Thanks for the info though. God damn why can't they just make shit backwards compatible

Can't comment on DaS, but DeS is likely never ever thanks to the publishing rights still being a mess, which is down to Yoshida having such little faith in the game. Sony own the IP and the Asian publishing rights, but Atlus own the US ones and Bamco the PAL regions ones.

We basically got Bloodborne out of this whole mess; when he saw DaS becoming a genuinely mainstream hit on the PS3 and 360, he realized he'd fucked up and ran back to From with a giant bag of money, commissioning them to do a PS4 exclusive not-Souls game with Japan Studio.

Definitely one of my top games of all time. There’s still so much to look forward to.

You have to admit that Ds2 had THE best pvp in all souls games.

That's not Persona 5, retard.

>shitty modern anime tier game with atrocious writing
You sure are retard

>what is mario
>what is zelda
>what is pubg
lmao sonybros

>god awful framerate
>2 minute loadscreen
>blood vials
>low weapon variety
No, it's fucking garbage.

Ultima Underworld
Ultima VII
Doom
Tetris
Thief 1/Gold
Thief II

ALL BETTER GAMES.

It transcends video games into pure unadulterated kinógraphy

You can get Bowblade right after Amelia.

>Takes away variety from previous installments so everything plays like a katana dex build
>Ugly ass chromatic aberration
>Game revolves around farming blood vials
>story is still that piecemeal garbage you have to look for and it's not actually rewarding or logical if you bother to piece it together
>Low replay value
>Edgy grimdark atmosphere makes everything blend together

Better than DaS II, on par with the original and way worse than III.

Don't make me say it

>way worse than 3
>the game that is literally made up of bloodborne assets, complete with Bloodborne's combat system only made shittier by trying to mix it with regular DaS, with even worse replay value

Jesus Christ, how the fuck do you even come to this opinion. Also
complains about everything playing like a katana dex build despite the best weapons in the game being the whirligig and both ludwig's blades,
>even more ironic considering that heavier weapons in 3 are total dogshit compared to straight swords, which you have absolutely no reason to not ever use, not even for fun factor

Yes, it truly is.

Yup. This along with long load times turned me off the game, even though it was fun

Bloodborne 2 W H E N NNNNNN?!?!?!