Why does this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

exchange-rates.org/Rate/CAD/USD/1-31-2013
ofx.com/en-ca/forex-news/historical-exchange-rates/yearly-average-rates/
youtube.com/watch?v=3rxuZkVYsWI
youtube.com/watch?v=_mLY705vJ3Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Canada dollar is worth more than American dollar

HEY! are you questioning the all-mighty government? You do know that all of your silly video game money goes to GOOD CAUSES through taxation such as making sure poor innocent migrants can have 10 kids and not have to worry about getting a job.
also
>canada dollar worth more than american dollar
Pretty sure that happened like once 47 years ago lol.

combination of inflation, higher cost of living, sometimes taxes, general greed
>Pretty sure that happened like once 47 years ago lol.
tfw 2013 was 47 years ago

Wasn't it above the American dollar for like half a day during Bush Jrs reign? Man I miss Dubya, he was such a nice guy

exchange-rates.org/Rate/CAD/USD/1-31-2013

>rubble/peso worth less than dollar
>games there cheaper
>cad worth less than usd
>costs same or more
?????????????/

you make 15, i make 7, it should be $120

>leaves can't buy video games
>I don't have to play with them online

On average is 2011 and 2012, the CAD was worth more than the USD.
ofx.com/en-ca/forex-news/historical-exchange-rates/yearly-average-rates/

to be north is to be suffering

>tfw I get along with the Americans online better than the leaves
The average leaf gamer is like a weird mix between a soyboy and a jew. They also suck shit at games. also none of them like guns, unlike the Ameribros

Minimum wage has literally nothing to do with anything.

A FUCKING LEAF.

Yeah but is that going to even happen again, and can you state other times. And how do you know it's going to be above the American value again? If you can seriously answer that question, consider working for the bank of Canada cause you have some serious prediction skills

what? yes it has happened many times. i mean if the Bank of Canada reappy wanted to it could just reduce the money supply enough to make it par. It. ould happen again under many conditions, though no I can not predict the future.

Disagree.

>not reveling in the cold, using it for amusement and making you immune to its harsh wrath
If you don't love the snow then you get geettt outttt

Winter is a time for things to die.

You can be comfy. You can do sports and activities. BUT - it is a season of death.

>buying power goes up
>prices go up too
WOOOOOW

Fair enough. The suffering tempers us, makes us tough. Atleast country folk not cushioned by City heat spheres.

Can you tell me why the canadian dollar is down considering exports rose 3.8% from March to February then, considering the value of a country's dollar is based on the demand for a country's exports why wouldn't it rise.

And if the bank of Canada has the power to adjust the dollar, why aren't they changing it for a stronger dollar to have a stronger purchasing power. With the oil sands becoming a larger demand for with oil scarcity. Shouldn't the dollar rise

It occurred to me that I havent been skating in like 15 years and i find that really depressing.

bitch I spent $100 on destiny 2 (basic edition) you fucking leafs don't know shit about vidya inflation

>Can you tell me why the canadian dollar is down considering exports rose 3.8%
prices are sticky. Canadian dollar goes down, real wages and production costs go down Canadian exports are cheaper increases exports
>considering the value of a country's dollar is based on the demand for a country's exports why wouldn't it rise.
because its not.
>And if the bank of Canada has the power to adjust the dollar, why aren't they changing it for a stronger dollar to have a stronger purchasing power.
Because it would be terrible for the economy. Exports would crash real interest rates would be fucked, investment would be fucked we'd experiance deflation real wages would be way to high and the economy would collapse.
>With the oil sands becoming a larger demand for with oil scarcity. Shouldn't the dollar rise
no, the whole reason it crashed was oil prices dropped...
are you legitimately retarded or just pretending?

gotta pay for those new Canadians

Why won't Canadians move away from being entirely reliant economically on the energy sector like we're some sort of banana republic.

easier said then done. But the theory is grow out from it. Maximizing oil output doesnt hurt other sectors and the economic growth can spread and feed other sectors.

>Maximizing oil output doesnt hurt other sectors
D U T C H
I
S
E
A
S
E

dont feel sorry for canadians. what these fags dont tell you is their minimum wage is like 15 dollars!

blech. We dont have that problem anymore now and it sucks because vidya is expensive

but A) its not.
B) I dont make minimum wage anyway.

it was an estimate you dumb fuck. its in the double digits for sure

Sell more visa to chinese. That'll boost your economy!

Canada uses a federal system you dumb fuck. Also try Vancouver CPI on $10.25 an hour.

@397121931
you almost had me

Canada is actually pretty lacking when it comes to the gibs
>tfw Canada is the only place to accept refugees and not have sharia zones prop up and have mass rapings happen

>Toronto
>Cold

There are places in the US that get colder than you, you fucking America-lite faggots.

Because you're a fucking leaf and need to pay reparations for your shitposting.

Case in point
From fucking 2013

>Game is made in Canada by Canadian studio
>paid in CAD
>Game costs $80
fuck off.

That's because the media here hides it better and we take way way less.

youtube.com/watch?v=3rxuZkVYsWI

but usually the game costed millions dollars to make. so whats the problem?

They're also spread out from each other more so radicalization and group crime is less likely

Just work for one day bro lol

real cost of making the game went down.
When dollar was par it cost $60.

user didn't imply it was happening right now, he just said it happened. If the price of games still went up in 2013, and that was the exchange rate, then he was right.

You should need an IQ of at least 100 to browse this site.

>real cost of making the game went down.
bullhit. so how come Sup Forums always said that video game development have increased a shit ton?

>live in canada
>-45C winters
>move to uk for school
>yaight mate it gets bloody cold ere
>-5 tops
[laughs in maple leaf]

Somebody has to pay for all the chinks, muzzies and shitskins you’re importing.

PAY
A
Y

I meant in terms of value. if you pay a guy $100 CAD to make a game. and exchange is 1for1, it costs you $100usd. But now it only coats you $78 USD. Yet the cost of a Canadian made game went up in Canada because of the exchange rate.

Yeah cold conditions are for white man. Chinku go home

>a new game is $100
why

its that time again
youtube.com/watch?v=_mLY705vJ3Y

its 90 dollars you cheap fuck

Meme answer? You're a cuck nation.

Truth? Government bloat. To pay for the nice stuff you have to have money. To get money things like imports and tariffs have to be high. Or taxes. Or something that gets passed to the consumer. Games make a great target because arguing about the price inevitably comes across as childish and nobody with clout will ever do that.

As long as you maple chuggers pay, you'll have to pay. It's the price of good health care and peaceful relations.

>Truth? Government bloat.
what? we have no more then you.
>To pay for the nice stuff you have to have money.
>To get money things like imports and tariffs have to be high.
what? neither of these things create money. Tarrifs can't increase wealth in a small open economy and they are negligible here. net imports signifies spending not saving.
>Or taxes.
this actually lowers wealth are you on drugs?
>Games make a great target because arguing about the price inevitably comes across as childish and nobody with clout will ever do that.
that or exchange rate/ ppp meets sticky prices.
>As long as you maple chuggers pay, you'll have to pay. It's the price of good health care and peaceful relations.
how do videogames equal healthcare?

>All most a hunnert bucks for a new vidja game

I can think of maybe three games that are worth that price based on how much I played them.

>he thinks the only thing that affects the prices of luxuries is currency conversion rate
Why are leafs so fucking dumb? Lay off the weed and you can focus on learning in your day-to-day life instead of being a hazy sponge.

taxes
higher wages

Boys I wasn't talking about the cold I mean that were getting cucked in half by the telecoms and price of goods. I keep hearing mericans scared about data caps showing up, that shits been here day 1.

Someone must pay the reparation money to terrorists amirite?

ISPs are better here for the most part. American datacaps are different, they make them pay for overages and actually enforce them.

Winter is a season of sleep and hibernation. Most animal/bacteria/insect deaths occur during summer.

There was no datacaps for us here until like a year ago, and in Canada when you guys go over cap there are consequences like throttling.

t. A guy who knows Canadians.

Shaw got rid of datacaps this year. Until then I went over every month for like 5 years never got throttled. I heard Telus used to enforce them but don't anymore now that they are fibre.

>There was no datacaps for us here until like a year ago
I can attest to that. It fucking baffles me that it seems like this suddenly (seemingly overnight) became a normal and okay thing that people just live with. Lucky me, I don't live in a monopoly zone where I have to deal with that shit.

why are these shitty internet companies such fucking commies?
>HURR THIS GUY IS USING MOAR INTERNET THAT ALL THOSE BOOMERS
>BETTER MAKE SURE THEY CAN ONLY GET WHAT OLD FUCKS GET

Fucking Bell would make you pay like 50 cents per megabyte if you went over their cap back in the day. Now I think all the plans are unlimited data but they're also 10 bucks more than they used to be.

I've never known data caps and my DL speed is 100mbps

-t. illinois

is 100mbps supposed to be good? is it at least symmetrical?

The average DL speed for Canada is 30.

source? thats probably old, or based on east. I have 250/250. Shaw does 150/15 and in more populous areas my provider does 150/150. But I know they have shit internet back east.

Trudeau only wants the children and women to come over

nope
average is probably 200kbs/s
get out of the city you fucking cuck

A Canadian explained this ages ago. There was a short bubble when the Canadian dollar was worth almost twice as much as the American dollar. Everyone knew it would be short lived. Some bought as much American currency as they could, while others bought into investments. Videogame publishers and retailers raised the price of videogames, while crying about fair pricing. The bubble burst almost a week later, yet games stayed the same ridiculous price. Since Canadians never protest or riot, it has remained insane. Amazon continued to exploit you guys by removing 10% of the pre-order incentive from Prime.

move to BC or Alberta
this is about 100% false. IDEK where to begin. American world knowledge is baffling.

yeah that shit does suck
fucking Bell

city cuck kys