FFXI

It seems to be that time again.

Other urls found in this thread:

gamingunion.net/interviews/2017/an-interview-with-naoki-yoshida-about-final-fantasy-xiv-final-fantasy-xi-mobile-more
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyXPC3SMNcQTmZdXZM8O9Dc8yWmaZNMLt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Yoshi-P says a thing

I don't trust him.

Not now, not ever.

He's going to fuck it up somehow.

But he isn't involved.

>Nexus
Still going to be fucked up though

He's the head of Square Enix's online division, so he's always involved.

But user, he's head of Business Division 5

so whats up with the mobile ff 11 or whatever, how do yall think that will pan out ?

2 year returner from last thread on Asura. Still progressing along Adoulin and RoV, did a lot of old RoD back logged shit and tried ambuscade for the first time today. It was pretty cool. I'm really overwhelmed by the game again which hasn't happened in a really long time. I definitely want to find an active LS to do shit with people though. THF player primarily.

Fuck, RoE shit. Tried to do AA #1 on Normal with trusts forgot you needed a NIN tank for it. Good times.

>Gaming Union: Final Fantasy XI also sits within your Business Division and despite the main scenario finishing a few years ago, we’ve since seen the release of Grandmasters and there’s a mobile version of the game in development with Nexon. Are there any other plans to expand the world of Vana’Diel further and are you able to give an update on the Mobile version? Also, are there any plans to expand the world of Final Fantasy XIV in the same way?

>Naoki Yoshida: To update you on Final Fantasy XI Mobile, because we’re in the same Business Division I know exactly where we are. At the moment we’re fine tuning the battle system, and when the time is right we will be able to make another big announcement, an official one.

gamingunion.net/interviews/2017/an-interview-with-naoki-yoshida-about-final-fantasy-xiv-final-fantasy-xi-mobile-more

>He's the head of Square Enix's online division, so he's always involved.

I get the feeling from the interview that if he can block someone with more ambition than him making an MMO that could rise over FFXIV he'd do it. I would not be surprised if it's his fault that we aren't ever getting DQX. His way of thinking with MMOS is fucking dumb anyway. Every one of his competitors have fuck tons of MMOs out there, except for Blizzard of course because they never needed to make another one, and it's arguable that Destiny covers that as well.

For XIV's sake they'd better deliver on Eureka. I doubt the treadmill is gonna go on for much longer if Eureka turns out to be another Diadem. Also every time I read an interview where he says something like "We don't make content to last a long time. If you're bored with it unsubscribe and come back later." because in my mind that directly translates to "This game is not worth playing and any time you spend in it is time wasted," and no player wants to feel like that.

DRK/THF with a Greatsword sounds like a lot of fun. Make powered-up skillchains and give all the enmity to the tank. How useful is it though? Should I go for it? This would be for a 75 cap server.

The hunt for Almace continues in Beaucedine Glacier.

Gargantua's respawn period is a little funky compred to the other NMs I've killed thus far, but at least Beaucedine Glacier is a nice and comfy environment to hang out in.

I should really try and tweak my graphics settings, though.

>DQX
That's actually a Square-Enix of America issue. So, blame Phil Rogers.

I hold all SE staff with the power to at the bare minimum give the game an English translation, so we can just play on Japanese servers (not like I give a fuck anyway since I live in Australia), with utter contempt and disdain. Yoshi-P is head of their online division, and fuck he even worked on the game, and since he's the one putting out hours of videos of himself and Kojima'ing the fuck out of XIV most of my ire is directed right at him.

I don't know this Phil Rogers but I hope his dick drops off too.

>I have literally no knowledge of how companies work, but I know the name of this one guy, so it's his fault.
DQX's lack of localization is more due to SE America (who are fucking retards).
SE's lack of general MMOs is more due to lack of significant brands (DQ and FF, which have three combined already), and, you know, the whole '1.0 FFXIV nearly fucking ruined the company' thing.
>because in my mind that directly translates to "This game is not worth playing and any time you spend in it is time wasted,"
Well that's because, as your post showed, you're a fucking idiot.

Came back and just started WotG because I needed to do some to continue with RoV. Do I have to finish WotG to be able to finish RoV? How far can I get up RoV without doing WotG past mission 7? Just wondering if I should just do all of WotG in one go or get a huge chunk at once up to the point that it won't lockout RoV. I really want those ciphers for exp bonus so I can spam every class to 99.

Nah, he'll rip through a NIN tank easy enough. I did him on N with August, but only during the double trust HP event.

He's the CEO of Square Enix of America & Europe. He has final say of what can and can not be localized.

>Well that's because, as your post showed, you're a fucking idiot.

Fuck you cunt. You translate it into something else instead of calling me an idiot and we'll see who is stupid.

Here's hoping that DQXI sales get them thinking about DQX. Sad thing is as much as I love DQ I'm not sure how well the MMO would do in comparison to XIV. I'd like to think it'd go alright though.

You must be on Wings of the Goddess mission 8.

These are the missions that will mess up your progress on RoV.

If you've got a decently geared 99 and some trusts, you should be able to punch through WoTG and then save RoV for the end.

Oh, fuck. I need two more rem ch 6 to upgrade af hat to 119, +1, also no WKR going on Asura ATM so can't get to the intermediate RoE that gives me 12 of each Ch. feels bread man

Delightful.

2/4

Garuda and Fenrir drops them too.

I like those threads even if I don't even play the game or ever did.
It's nice to see an old online game getting some love through private servers.

It really depends on how they can market it. They have to be able to not only compete with WoW (which is not a big deal in Japan), but with themselves as well. There was already a big backlash regarding XI & XIV in English speaking areas for not wanting to spend money on a sub for both. To add a third (fourth technically with FFXV: Comrades out) without a caveat would be a PR nightmare. And that's just one example. Their entire financial reports flaunt about how much they are moving towards making their gaming products as "Games as a service", so it'd have to be something worthwhile and PR serviceable for them to do something like that.

Your best hope is for DQX to go F2P, then it'd makes sense for them to localize it. But I highly doubt it.

The ideal is the have multiple games that service different types of players, I think. You can have cross pollination between the games, with some players playing some of the games or all, and this way everyone is happy, and the games can compete with each other.

Maybe one of the games tries out a feature that people really respond well to, and players in the other games ask the developers to include it in theirs, and the opposite if people hate it.

That's one of the reasons that XIV 1.0 was such a disaster, I believe. They moved a lot of the XI dev team to it and basically shat on XI thinking that their players would just move to the new game. For MMOs I really think having your eggs in different baskets instead of going all in on one is a good approach these days. No one is gonna make the next WoW.

Sure that is the ideal, but the ideal is never wanted by stockholders. They want the WoW Killer, they want the next big thing. If something isn't working up to or near par? Cut it loose. DQ does have a large audience in English countries, but is not of the same tier as Japan. Thus why SEoA is so reluctant to localize things.

no

fuck i miss ffxi. i remember my buddies on cerberus and trolling gilseller chinks and having provoke bot wars at fafnir/nidhogg and 8 hour dragon kills and sky and making fun of na fags who would unironically say w like the japs... fun times. i always wished they simply made an ffxi clone with modern graphics instead of that xiv garbage

oh shit and solo rdm fun. i solo’d a bunch of shit in sky. faust was always my favorite

>At the moment we’re fine tuning the battle system
>translates to 'it has a different battle system to FF11'
>translates to it's an all new game
New games, esppecially Square Enix games, have a tendency to suck. This game isn't FF11, nor is it going to be anything like it. Just reminding everybody that they're very foolish indeed if they have any hopes for this.

I need to do more Garuda High Tier runs. She drops a ring I want for my FC set but fighting her can be a bit of a pain in the ass.

I have killed her 20 times on normal, but no ring. I wanna try difficult but I'm not sure if the supposed drop rate boost would be worth the risk.

Alright thanks just wanted to double check. Can't tell sometimes if those 'warnings' only apply to the current mission where it's written on the wiki, such that a later mission will say I'll have to have completed WotG anyways. Yeah I'm 99 already with the welfare sparks gear. Just really want to get some 99s in a bunch of classes since leveling is so fast now that I'm using delivery box to rotate my mules' Echad rings.

Probably not worth it. They get extra strong on going from N to D. Just go THF/DNC.

Is TH actually factored into it?

Why haven't you started playing on Kupo FFXI.

>The server is fucked up right now, I d/c when I zone
I realize that but it's usually pretty good, don't let tonight be the deciding factor for you

>I am a faggot
Stop it.

>200 players lol
200 players if you're lucky, and also kill yourself

because of your abrasive attitude.

Can anyone explain to me the difference between jobs in FFXI and FFXIV? FFXIV lets you acquire them all and level them up at your convenience, but FFXI allows you to have only two? Am I getting that right?

I want to start, but am enjoying free retail right now. Gonna start after or maybe a month later if I need an extra month of retail to finish all the story missions and fuck around with everything else I wanna do on the game still. Gearing up for retail sounds terrible with the lack of groups and needing to merc shit because of apparent gear walls to joining groups that you can't overcome solo. So not really interested in even learning what I need to do for it, seems kind of complicated/tedious so I'll drop before then.

You definitely have people interested judging from the last thread, you may want to set up a linkshell for them.

FFXI has no limitations on job. You can change job whenever you want, as long as you're in town.

What you're thinking of is Main Job and Sub Job.

Main Job is what you're actually playing as, and your Sub Job is another job you set to give you bonus attributes, abilities, and/or spells.

WAR75/THF37

Your Main Job is WAR75, you gain all the abilities of WAR from 1-75.

Your Sub Job is THF37. You gain a bonus to certain attributes, and all of THF's abilities up to 37.

Hope that makes sense.

or he just means they're fine tuning the battle system to work with mobile.

Don't shit the bed yet. I'm sure they'll be plenty of legit shit to complain about when we actually see it

No FFXI had what XIV has from the start, and what you're referring to is your active job/subjob. You pick a main job, and then pick a subjob that you level up seperately and gets to be at max half your main's level and gives you the abilities&traits, and some stats^weapon skills that your subjob gets for its normal level. Subjob is unlocked with a quest (and I think RoV missions also now?).

has*
I wrote a really shitty post. Hopefully the other guy made more sense.

Oh, shit.

He's being friendly tonight.

3/4.

Yes. If it drops from a mob, then TH affects it. Gotten from cutscenes or coffers aren't affected.

Forgot my picture.

god speed user

>You definitely have people interested judging from the last thread, you may want to set up a linkshell for them.

Ugh, fine

Don't you ugh me, you little nigger.

You're the one who wants to shill the private server, you have to set up the linkshell.

That's how it always works.

Honestly, unless they're idiots and don't do the slightest amount of research into the what they're investing in, they should know that the ideal of a "WoW killer" is impossible to achieve considering how WoW is still one of the bigger MMOs, despite the fact it's been 13 years since it was released - and the fact that multiple MMOs have come up with the idea of being the "WoW killer", and all have failed. It's not even a case of playing the damn things, it's just knowing your competition.

Considering that, you'd think their thinking would change from "one product to attract everybody' to "multiple products to attract everybody".

>Don't you ugh me, you little nigger.

Calm down, cunt. I'm trying to think of a name.

Thanks guys, you were both helpful. So do people generally stick with one sub job for each job, do they swap as necessary, or has a meta been established at this point as what the BEST combos are?

To the guys who did Trials of the Magians stuff for Empyrean weapons: did any of you guys notice any pattern to PHs and how they worked?

After killing Gargantua for 3rd kill out of 4, it took the PH 10 minutes before it repopped. I'm the only one here and nobody else is killing golems.

It wasn't like that after the 2nd kill so I'm wondering if something is up.

Make it sexy you little bitch.

I want it to be hot and sexy like all the old endgame linkshells on BG.

you know like Prominence or LostParadise or ThoseGuys or something, I don't know, you think of something.

>do they swap as necessary

Absolutely, you will be changing jobs a lot whether it's subjob or primary job.

>or has a meta been established at this point as what the BEST combos are?

It has, but there are many uses for subjobs in the game. Some are considered better gneerally for some things while others are more specific in their use.

You figured out Wallstreet user, congrats. Stockholders are idiots.

KnightsOfNi was the big ls on cerberus years ago when ffxi was still hard. always liked that name. they were elitist cunts doe

Fuck.

You have multiple subjobs that you level. There's a meta for all the jobs but as I say that I do want to point out that it is not as clearly defined or set in stone as other game metas due to the nature of subjobs, abilities, and how they all tie together.

Typically, you're going to look at what you're doing, what you're aiming to contribute to the scenario, and then pick your subjob accordingly. If you're fighting something that loves spamming magical attacks then you may want to consider subbing Runefencer, but if you're in need of certain White Magic spells but your main job doesn't have access to any natural Magic skills then you may want to consider going with Scholar as a subjob.

I think a good linkshell name and pearl color is basically essential to an LS lasting. Nobody wants to stick around for a hot pink linkpearl called Slimegirls.

or do they

Subjobs can vary a lot, but there's a general "meta" I guess for each class of job (melee dps, range dps, magic dps, healer, tank). You can find them online. You'll find most melee dps subbing either war, mnk, dnc, nin, and thf. Mage subjobs will interchange among the other mage jobs depending on which job you are and what level you are. You can find them online specifically for whatever job you wanna look at.

Wait this still exists?

Nope, that's why there's a thread for it every day.

Dang, what a time to have threads.

Yup, it's the 15th anniversary and there's a campaign going on for returning players.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyXPC3SMNcQTmZdXZM8O9Dc8yWmaZNMLt

Found out about this through the previous thread and I've been listening to it all day.

Magian trials blog posting time.

I finished up Gargantua and headed off to Megalobugard.

I got my first kill about 5 minutes after getting there.

Problem is I keep running into this one Galka player who is always at the camp, with his trial weapon, and is always afk.

I realize he's probably asleep or something and just left his character there so he could come back to it the following day, but I sorta wish I could help him get his kill.

No joke, when I was going through WotG, I saw a guy run up with me to a Maw and then stop. Months later during a free login, he was still there not moved an inch.

That's absolutely horrifying and I am shaking in real life and /panic-ing ingame after reading that.

the private servers for ffxi are unplayable, lol

>lets go back to ye golden days of FFXI where you need people to level up
>but no one plays on the servers

I think that's a little unfair. They're fairly playable and most of them have solid communities, even if they're small.

They do have problems, but i t's not in the availability of players but in the fact that the software they use to run the servers isn't there yet, content-wise. That said, there are people working on it and adding stuff to it so slowly but surely they're getting there.

I hear Salvage is on the horizon for them, with some servers having workarounds to get it playable, but it's not 100% the retail 75 experience yet.

Looking at REMA weapons and the grind on Aeonics seems absurd. Are they even worth all that?

It's something to do as you work your way to Mastery.

Is there a way to check how many Geas Fetes you've beaten? I can't remember which ones I have and haven't actually defeated.

Not that I'm aware of, would be a nice QoL update.

How do you pronounce XI? Is it Zee? or Exe? Or do you just say X L?

I started on Kupo as a thief and so far I'm level 2. You fuckers better not being lying when you say I'll find people to group with at lvl 12 because I have no clue about anything in this game.

Like Qi, with a light rolling Z.

but theres no z in qi

Same way our boy Alexander does.

Just died to Cetus for RoV Somber Dreams and he despawned. Now the nigga not respawning from the ??? after 5 minutes. How do I get him to respawn again?

Either try relogging or rezoning.

>If you fail, you must change zones before you can try again.
>Logging out will not work
>Reraise will not work

I absolutely fucking hated Cetus because of this. Moving around Grauberg is a pain in the ass.

reenter from the Walk of Echoes

>he fell for the pirate server meme
Old FFXI is dead and never coming back. Enjoy the new fast exp mode or go play something else.

Shit I just tried relogging and yeah I looked at the map and did not want to have to make that trek.

How do I enter it? If it's the Conflux it's not doing anything.

Oh yeah...
At least you have mounts to help the trek...

Eleven like a normal person

If I wanted to pay monthly I'd play FFXIV.

What?

Been thinking about resubbing again
Is the Asura linkshell still led by that sperg Apocarypse or did it break yet?
That fucking retard drove so many people away from the linkshell it was actually really sad

Didn't break, but maybe only 4 people are still around.

>or he just means they're fine tuning the battle system to work with mobile.
Yeah, nah. FF11 has a super slow battle system, translating that to a clunky touchscreen interface is child's play. If any time is being spent on the battle system of this new game that goes to show that it's all new.

Do you seriously not know what roman numerals are m8? Did you make it through primary school?

The fuck are you talking about? Im the guy who posted . I think you got me confused with someone else.

are you fishing to bump the thread?

What does that mean?

Shit, I took the b8. Or should I say, I took the bVIII? Har har, what are roman numerals, so funny!

I've seen enough Hachiman Domaru samurais in my time that I can never really tell what's bait and what's not anymore.